Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,707 members, 7,809,686 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:08 PM

Silver Terrier: Nigerian Police, INTERPOL Collaborate To Bust Syndicate - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Silver Terrier: Nigerian Police, INTERPOL Collaborate To Bust Syndicate (16777 Views)

Police Bust Syndicate Kidnapping Children In Niger, Arrest Three Suspects / Police Bust Syndicate For Defrauding Lady N12m / $5M Fraud: Why Mompha Was Arrested By INTERPOL, EFCC - Tosin Olugbenga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Silver Terrier: Nigerian Police, INTERPOL Collaborate To Bust Syndicate by MikePhilly(m): 7:05am On Jan 19, 2022
Nigerian Police, INTERPOL Collaborate to Bust Cybercrime Syndicate, Arrest 12

A combined and coordinated operation of the Nigerian Police and the International Police (INTERPOL), has yielded positive results as 12 alleged member of a prolific cybercrime network, has been arrested.

A statement exclusively obtained by the National Association of Online Security News Publishers (NAOSNP), and signed by the Vice President INTERPOL (Africa) and
Head, National Central Bureau Abuja, Director, DACORA, AIG (Dr) Garba Baba Umar, revealed that the joint operation, which was carried out by the officers of the Nigerian Police Cybercrime Unit and INTERPOL National Central Bureau (NCB) in Nigeria, exposed suspects said to be members of Silver Terrier, a network known for Business E-mail Compromise (BEC) scams which have harmed thousands of companies globally.

Describing how the intelligence-led operation was planned and executed, the statement stated the two prolific institutions undertook a 10-day operation, which lasted between December 13 and 22, where cybercrime officers simultaneously operated in Abuja, Lagos and Asaba in Delta State, arresting targeted suspects identified, ahead of time with intelligence provided by the INTERPOL.

The statement also noted that "Field operations were preceded by an intelligence exchange and analysis phase, where the Cybercrime Unit of NPF used INTERPOL’S secure global communication network – i24/7 to work with the Police Force across the globe and also help in the investigation of BEC scams liked to Nigeria.

"Preliminary analysis confirmed that the suspect’s collective involvement in BEC criminal schemes associated with more than 50,000 victims. One of the suspects arrested has in his possession more than 800,000 potential victims’’ domains credentials on his lap top. Another suspects had been monitoring conversation between 16 companies and their clients and diverting funds to Silver terrier whenever the companies’ monetary transaction is about to be made."

Sending a note of warning to the public, the Police reminded all and sundry of the need to protect themselves as increased threats of cybercrime continues to make wave, stressing that the following advice featured in INTERPOL’s hashtags including, JustOneClick, WashYourcyberHands, OnlineCrimeIsRealCrime and BECarefulcampaigns be strictly adhered to.
https://trekafrica.net/headlines/cybercrime-nigeria-police-interpol-outwits-fraud-syndicate-arrests-12-aig-baba-umar-advises-nigerians-to-be-careful-in-the-cyberspace/

4 Likes

Re: Silver Terrier: Nigerian Police, INTERPOL Collaborate To Bust Syndicate by headSmasher: 7:05am On Jan 19, 2022
Wekeyo crime no be Malta Guinness, ee bitter, crime no be Uha soup ee bitter oooo igbo oooo heeee Igbo ooooo heeee he bitter

22 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Silver Terrier: Nigerian Police, INTERPOL Collaborate To Bust Syndicate by ecomalchemist(m): 7:12am On Jan 19, 2022
Na wat

2 Likes

Re: Silver Terrier: Nigerian Police, INTERPOL Collaborate To Bust Syndicate by izzy4shizzy(m): 7:12am On Jan 19, 2022
Them go steal money finish go the Bamba for club..

Make una rot in jail mtcheeew

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Silver Terrier: Nigerian Police, INTERPOL Collaborate To Bust Syndicate by bestman09(m): 7:12am On Jan 19, 2022
tongue
This is how it should be, not policeman stopping and searching people's phone on the road or bursting into people's homes without any evidence

61 Likes

Re: Silver Terrier: Nigerian Police, INTERPOL Collaborate To Bust Syndicate by Omniman(m): 7:13am On Jan 19, 2022
cool

Omo seee person papa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Silver Terrier: Nigerian Police, INTERPOL Collaborate To Bust Syndicate by judetov2(m): 7:13am On Jan 19, 2022
Na them, our blothers, I was told that in that region parents dnt train their kids Abt not taking what does not belong to them. They believe in "any way na way".
Very heartless and hostile people.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Silver Terrier: Nigerian Police, INTERPOL Collaborate To Bust Syndicate by Olamila: 7:13am On Jan 19, 2022
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Silver Terrier: Nigerian Police, INTERPOL Collaborate To Bust Syndicate by southsouthking(m): 7:13am On Jan 19, 2022
Where is Wadume?
When will interpol arrest Turji

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Silver Terrier: Nigerian Police, INTERPOL Collaborate To Bust Syndicate by lagosrd: 7:14am On Jan 19, 2022
Chai

1 Like

Re: Silver Terrier: Nigerian Police, INTERPOL Collaborate To Bust Syndicate by nairaman66(m): 7:14am On Jan 19, 2022
Wonderful

2 Likes

Re: Silver Terrier: Nigerian Police, INTERPOL Collaborate To Bust Syndicate by Wokenaija: 7:15am On Jan 19, 2022
shocked
Re: Silver Terrier: Nigerian Police, INTERPOL Collaborate To Bust Syndicate by b0rn2fuck(m): 7:15am On Jan 19, 2022
God will have mercy
Re: Silver Terrier: Nigerian Police, INTERPOL Collaborate To Bust Syndicate by ugodson(m): 7:15am On Jan 19, 2022
OP what d hell should I do with this information oga

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Silver Terrier: Nigerian Police, INTERPOL Collaborate To Bust Syndicate by Nbotee(m): 7:16am On Jan 19, 2022
This is exactly why Mompha is comfortable with the whole EFCC packaging. Dude knows Interpol are on their trail even before Hush was picked up. So it's a simple arrangement something. EFCC "arrests" him and charge him to court, he posts bail and case is adjourned till further notice. Weneva there are whispers again his contacts in EFCC remember his case and he's charged to court again. Since he's "facing" trial here they won't hand him over to Interpol.. Packaged trial

judetov2:
Na them, our blothers, I was told that in that region parents dnt train their kids Abt not taking what does not belong to them. They believe in "any way na way".

I guess d likes of Hushpuppi, Mompha, Otunba Wire and other renowned are doing exactly what their parents taught them ryt?

51 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Silver Terrier: Nigerian Police, INTERPOL Collaborate To Bust Syndicate by izzy4shizzy(m): 7:17am On Jan 19, 2022
ugodson:
OP what d hell should I do with this information oga

Em force you read am?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Silver Terrier: Nigerian Police, INTERPOL Collaborate To Bust Syndicate by samuelevans(m): 7:17am On Jan 19, 2022
good for them

1 Like

Re: Silver Terrier: Nigerian Police, INTERPOL Collaborate To Bust Syndicate by obyrich(m): 7:17am On Jan 19, 2022
Big boys grin

1 Like

Re: Silver Terrier: Nigerian Police, INTERPOL Collaborate To Bust Syndicate by Ayoolamax: 7:21am On Jan 19, 2022
southsouthking:
Where is Wadume?
When will interpol arrest Turji
why u no dey get sense naa, must u type on everything and if u must type pls dey use ur sense naa.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Silver Terrier: Nigerian Police, INTERPOL Collaborate To Bust Syndicate by southsouthking(m): 7:24am On Jan 19, 2022
Ayoolamax:
why u no dey get sense naa, must u type on everything and if u must type pls dey use ur sense naa.

Early morning this one don dey tell person say him no get sense.
Thanks Mr Sense, you are blessed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Silver Terrier: Nigerian Police, INTERPOL Collaborate To Bust Syndicate by hollywater: 7:26am On Jan 19, 2022
[quote Who are their teacher?
Re: Silver Terrier: Nigerian Police, INTERPOL Collaborate To Bust Syndicate by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 7:29am On Jan 19, 2022
Let them rot in jail

1 Like

Re: Silver Terrier: Nigerian Police, INTERPOL Collaborate To Bust Syndicate by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 7:29am On Jan 19, 2022
headSmasher:
Wekeyo crime no be Malta Guinness, ee bitter, crime no be Uha soup ee bitter oooo igbo oooo heeee Igbo ooooo heeee he bitter
You're a slowpoke. Tribalism will be your eventual doom.

1 Like

Re: Silver Terrier: Nigerian Police, INTERPOL Collaborate To Bust Syndicate by headSmasher: 7:30am On Jan 19, 2022
Numbers 14:28 Say unto them, As truly as I live, saith the LORD, as ye have spoken in mine ears, so will I do to you: gather as many as possible you,. your family and generations can carry
PerfectlyPerfect:

You're a slowpoke. Tribalism will be your eventual doom.
Re: Silver Terrier: Nigerian Police, INTERPOL Collaborate To Bust Syndicate by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 7:31am On Jan 19, 2022
judetov2:
You dey talk rubbish because you still have a skull on your head. Let me see the mouth you'll use and talk when your people eventually mine your skull. I heard skull mining generates the highest IGR in Yorubaland

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Silver Terrier: Nigerian Police, INTERPOL Collaborate To Bust Syndicate by Cholls(m): 7:31am On Jan 19, 2022
My brother this one na cult na

1 Like

Re: Silver Terrier: Nigerian Police, INTERPOL Collaborate To Bust Syndicate by RapportNaija(m): 7:32am On Jan 19, 2022
Hmmm...

Nigerian youths should start looking beyond fraud as the only means to make good money on the internet.

Many Nigerians are already taking advantage of the numerous resources on the internet and are doing great legitimate $$$ numbers per month already.

Learn a high income skill, get on the internet and sell yourself. The money and experience on the job will do you good forever!

Shun fraud! Indians, Phillipines, Pakistanis, Singaporeans, etc are already taking over the global freelance workforce. Nigerians can best all of these people...most especially because we are better English speaker and writer.

Learn freelancing today!

Want to speed up your freelance career, hit me up for a paid resource!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Silver Terrier: Nigerian Police, INTERPOL Collaborate To Bust Syndicate by Kingpin1000: 7:33am On Jan 19, 2022
This news brings me joy.
I think there should be stiffer punishment for Yahoo boys and other fraudsters.
the minimum should be 12 years and some should serve for life.
Your life never remains thesame if you were duped, you will loose many business opportunities because you will lack trust. What about the life time depression and in some cases imprisonment or even suicide by victims.
These boys have done so much ills to the society, these days they are the main ritualist.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria's Cults And Their Role In The Niger Delta Insurgency / Absu Gang violation: Victim Agreed To Be violated – Police / Emmanuel Balogun: 2 University Of Abuja Students Charged With Murder Released

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.