Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

Trains Built For Milwaukee-Madison High-Speed Rail Line Are Coming To Lagos - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Trains Built For Milwaukee-Madison High-Speed Rail Line Are Coming To Lagos (27151 Views)

Look At The Bridge Chinese Constructed In China And The Type They Built For Us. / The New Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Standard Gauge Rail Line Undergoing Test-Running / Update On Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Project. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trains Built For Milwaukee-Madison High-Speed Rail Line Are Coming To Lagos by Kaiser20: 8:22am On Jan 19, 2022
Ekpekus:
grin
I have just one question...
Is it an electric or locomotive train?

If it is the later, then forget aboouuurrrrit.
Nigeria is not developed to use Electricity to power anything
Re: Trains Built For Milwaukee-Madison High-Speed Rail Line Are Coming To Lagos by ceaser: 8:23am On Jan 19, 2022
But why does our governors have to demean themselves to the point of doing these things when the commissioner for Works is in the state?

A whole Nigerian governor going to the US to meet with a Councillor equivalent of Nigeria in the US is demeaning, in my opinion.

For instance, check out how the below was reported

The governor of that country's Lagos State was in Milwaukee on Tuesday to purchase the unused trains.

As if Nigeria isn't an entity worthy of mention. A more respectful reporting and a use of formal context would have been the use of "the country's"

1 Like

Re: Trains Built For Milwaukee-Madison High-Speed Rail Line Are Coming To Lagos by Superwave16320: 8:27am On Jan 19, 2022
Have you imagined the ruins / doom Lagos will be in if it was Ikpeazu Kalu Orji Abaribe Ekweremadu Theodore Orji, Umahi, Okorocha Uzodinma. Thank God for Tinubu.

tegrianonigltd:

Imagine great leaders like gadaffi, king of dubai,China leader handle Lagos and its economy of 22 years, they said Lagos is working, imagine, Lagos with its pot hole ridden, smelling, open gutters in 21st century, dirty

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trains Built For Milwaukee-Madison High-Speed Rail Line Are Coming To Lagos by ajl: 8:29am On Jan 19, 2022
tegrianonigltd:

Imagine great leaders like gadaffi, king of dubai,China leader handle Lagos and its economy of 22 years, they said Lagos is working, imagine, Lagos with its pot hole ridden, smelling, open gutters in 21st century, dirty

So I imagine too, but not under these foreign leaders. Some of us would even do better as Lagos is a delight to problem solvers. One of the reasons why Ambode was on the path to success. But with what obtain in Nigeria, the brightest individuals may be a non-peeformer under the conditions in Nija.
Re: Trains Built For Milwaukee-Madison High-Speed Rail Line Are Coming To Lagos by Realdeals(m): 8:29am On Jan 19, 2022
A consumer country hardly develop, if any part of the train have issues, we'd had to wait for months because it will be shipped from the states.
Re: Trains Built For Milwaukee-Madison High-Speed Rail Line Are Coming To Lagos by Mrshocker(m): 8:29am On Jan 19, 2022
Jagaban the master planner and architect of Lagos development.! Lagos system is working!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trains Built For Milwaukee-Madison High-Speed Rail Line Are Coming To Lagos by ajl: 8:31am On Jan 19, 2022
Superwave16320:
Have you imagined the ruins / doom Lagos will be in if it was Ikpeazu Kalu Orji Abaribe Ekweremadu Theodore Orji, Umahi, Okorocha Uzodinma. Thank God for Tinubu.

May your life be handled the way Tinubu handled Lagos

1 Like

Re: Trains Built For Milwaukee-Madison High-Speed Rail Line Are Coming To Lagos by Nobody: 8:31am On Jan 19, 2022
Mrkumareze:

You feel the population cos we don't have a well planned state.. if they can develop the railway, have enough to move goods out of wharf, have enough to run to different locations within the state.. have some linking the neighbouring states, you ll see that lagos ll become relaxed..

In the short term bro but unchecked inward migration erodes all gains in the end. I have seen this with my own eyes in cities that are cutting-edge centres of innovation like London.

I'll give you an example. If mass immigration of unskilled and uneducated folks continue then the metro rail will be overwhelmed by loutism, fare dodging, filth, serious security challenges etc. 100% fact.

London has a population of 8.9 million and her underground rail system, in a city with many fairly well-educated and civilized folks, struggles with the challenges above and I dont see how Lagos with 21 million won't face worse.

It is a town planning consideration that cannot be defied. I.e unsustainable and damaging growth in population density.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trains Built For Milwaukee-Madison High-Speed Rail Line Are Coming To Lagos by Superwave16320: 8:34am On Jan 19, 2022
May the your life n that of your born n unborn generation be handled exactly the way Ikpeazu is handling Abia, IJN amen.

ajl:

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Trains Built For Milwaukee-Madison High-Speed Rail Line Are Coming To Lagos by jacoik(m): 8:35am On Jan 19, 2022
dele1727:
grin grin grin

Watch how those who believe Ambode is the next best thing after slice bread avoid this thread...

Ambode abandoned this project for 4 years,
He abandoned all the projects the governor before him was working on...

And some fools will now come out and say he has good intentions....

Imagine sanwolu abandoned all the project Ambode was doing ... won't lagos be a big home of abandoned project by now?

But the truth is that ...The people deserves their leaders.... instead of giving kudos to the person who completes a particular project as well as those that started... the foolish masses who will suffer from an uncompleted project wil start saying ...one person does not have projects of his or her own....

How foolish can anyone get?
I was having this same argument on new year day in my compound with some neighbors, they told me that sanwo olu is not a governor that ambide is the best thing that can ever happened to Lagos. When I tried to give them instances of what sanwo olu has done in few months they all shut me down

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trains Built For Milwaukee-Madison High-Speed Rail Line Are Coming To Lagos by oluwaseunamos33(m): 8:36am On Jan 19, 2022
bn2murphy:

Seriously �.
How many of such as he followed?
We are happy the government have done a good bargain in getting the equipment but at what cost and maintenance agreement?
It will be nice to tell him to tell us.
ok. I will do that but give me time
Re: Trains Built For Milwaukee-Madison High-Speed Rail Line Are Coming To Lagos by AbijaJ: 8:37am On Jan 19, 2022
Throwback:
Who else noticed similarities between the Milwaukee Wisconsin train cancellation vs what happened to the initially planned Lagos Metroline project of the Jakande regime that was cancelled by the Buhari military regime?

A change of government shouldn't always result to a delay of infrastructure.

Both scenarios resulted to paying fines for the contract cancellation without receiving any equipment.

Ironically, the equipment from the cancelled Milwaukee contract would now be purchased by Lagos to complete a similar project that suffered cancellation almost 40yrs ago.

That's why administrative continuity can make or mar the developmental strides of an area (be it a country or state). E.g, if a PDP government had taken over from the APC, the project may have just died a natural death, same way Wike abandoned PH's mini-version. The new administration would cookup every possible reason why the project is 'wasteful' and 'unnecessary'. It's what I consider one of the demerits of partisan democracy. Partisanship killed off the original project the trains were meant for in Wisconsin, because the new administration would feel the previous one would get credit for the project if the incumbent one completes it.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trains Built For Milwaukee-Madison High-Speed Rail Line Are Coming To Lagos by tegrianonigltd(m): 8:37am On Jan 19, 2022
Superwave16320:

Nigeria no fine, my man
Re: Trains Built For Milwaukee-Madison High-Speed Rail Line Are Coming To Lagos by gulfer: 8:40am On Jan 19, 2022
Ekpekus:
grin
I have just one question...
Is it an electric or locomotive train?

If it is the later, then forget aboouuurrrrit.
You know the answer to this your question and that is not Lagos State's problem, carry your wahala and go undecided undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Trains Built For Milwaukee-Madison High-Speed Rail Line Are Coming To Lagos by saintrow1: 8:44am On Jan 19, 2022
Just imagine how far we yorubas would have gone if we left Nigeria long time ago. We are the only one progressing in this country even though they robbed us of the regional government but we are still progressing. Others will come into our region and start shouting Nigeria is for everyone but their own governors/politicians in general are useless. Especially those ones from the east.

Tinubu must be president come 2023 or Nigeria can f**k off.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trains Built For Milwaukee-Madison High-Speed Rail Line Are Coming To Lagos by dele1727: 8:55am On Jan 19, 2022
jacoik:
I was having this same argument on new year day in my compound with some neighbors, they told me that sanwo olu is not a governor that ambide is the best thing that can ever happened to Lagos. When I tried to give them instances of what sanwo olu has done in few months they all shut me down

Baba. The reason this country is like this is that they are more foolish people than sensible once..

It's always easy to say our leaders are bad... The government is terrible....

But check very well ...we choose the leaders....we are the government in our respective place of power and control... how many of us do the right thing?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trains Built For Milwaukee-Madison High-Speed Rail Line Are Coming To Lagos by Nobody: 8:58am On Jan 19, 2022
ajl:

A knowledgeable person, not the ignorant average Nigerian with thinking influenced by ethnocentric and sectional bias, would say yes to your prayer.

That is because Tinubu has factually improved Lagos far more than other leaders have improved their State.

As an example, Bayelsa became bankrupt and moribund under GEJ when he should be responsible for the direction of the State, as her political father, after he has been her Governor, our Nation's VP and then President.

Meanwhile Lagos has gone from strength to strength. Yet same Nigerians who savage Tinubub24/7 praise the failure GEJ and even want him back as President.

Meanwhile Tinubu never rest on Lagos affairs whereas GEJ, Atiku, Obi, Kalu and many others don't give a toss about their States yet they all want to control Nigeria as President.

Charity should begin at home and Tinubu, of all politicians alive today, wins hands down in this regard. Most abuse and attacks against him is misinformed, envy-driven, unobjective, ignorant and biased.

Outside Nigeria, where they don't host the bias the average Nigerian does, Tinubu is viewed the best and most impactful administrator of Nigeria in the modern age.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Trains Built For Milwaukee-Madison High-Speed Rail Line Are Coming To Lagos by techmo(m): 8:59am On Jan 19, 2022
BRT, LAGBOAT, and now blue line red line metro... Lagos is getting there

Jagaban 23

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trains Built For Milwaukee-Madison High-Speed Rail Line Are Coming To Lagos by Kaiser20: 8:59am On Jan 19, 2022
saintrow1:
Just imagine how far we yorubas would have gone if we left Nigeria long time ago. We are the only one progressing in this country even though they robbed us of the regional government but we are still progressing. Others will come into our region and start shouting Nigeria is for everyone but their own governors/politicians in general are useless. Especially those ones from the east.

Tinubu must be president come 2023 or Nigeria can f**k off.
Na so, Because Nigerians don't desire anything great, The only Yoruba Sunday Igboho who would have helped SW achieve development like Germany, they abandoned him in prison to die with his Dream

2 Likes

Re: Trains Built For Milwaukee-Madison High-Speed Rail Line Are Coming To Lagos by anonimi: 9:01am On Jan 19, 2022
Dapinski:
Whatever haters may claim, Lagos is working.

Very true.
After almost 25 years of looting, borrowing and revenue growth with plenty empty promises by Fashola the APC poster boy on something that Jonathan built in 5 years for Abuja/Kaduna after reviving the railways wrecked by GMB and other military dictators?
Even Addis Ababa/Ethiopia that was hit by famine in 1984 when GMB cancelled Lagos metro construction has built a light rail in 5 years also.

Lagos light rail’ll be ready in June – Fashola
January 9, 2013

The Lagos State Governor Babatunde Fashola on Tuesday said the first phase of the state Blue Light Rail project would be completed by June this year(2013).

He expressed confidence that Lagosians would start enjoying the services of the rail project immediately.

The first phase would run from Marina and terminated at Okokomaiko area in Ojo Local Government.

Fashola spoke during an inspection of ongoing projects in the state which took him and his cabinet members to Orile-Iganmu, Alimosho and Ejigbo areas among others to assess the level of works being done by contractors.

The governor, who inaugurated the trackwork of the blue light rail at Alaba Suru, Coker-Agunda Local Council Development Area, said the level of work on the road and those of the National Theatre and Alaba-Mile 2 rail stations, would ensure early completion

He said, “In order to finish the project, the contractor did not go on vacation during the festive period. This will ensure that the project is delivered on time for the use of Lagosians.

“The first section of this rail, which started from National Theatre, Orile-Iganmu to Mile 2 Bus Stop, would be fully completed with the tracks laid.

“Construction work will continue on the project from Orile-Iganmu to Marina, the expansion work on the road from Mile 2 to Okokomaiko will also be intensified.

“This is what we do with the loan collected by the government. We don’t use our loan to pay salaries and other recurrent expenditure, what we do with our loan is to provide capital projects that would serve the residents.

“When the project is completed, the state would be at par with other major cities of the world.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/lagos-light-railll-be-ready-in-june-fashola/

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/114370-lagos-light-rail-project-to-be-ready-in-june-fashola.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trains Built For Milwaukee-Madison High-Speed Rail Line Are Coming To Lagos by Nobody: 9:02am On Jan 19, 2022
Kaiser20:

Na so, Because Nigerians don't desire anything great, The only Yoruba Sunday Igboho who would have helped SW achieve development like Germany, they abandoned him in prison to die with his Dream

Are you serious? So Igboho is now Awolowo abi?

3 Likes

Re: Trains Built For Milwaukee-Madison High-Speed Rail Line Are Coming To Lagos by Nobody: 9:03am On Jan 19, 2022
anonimi:

Very true.
After almost 25 years of looting, borrowing and revenue growth with plenty empty promises by Fashola the APC poster boy on something that Jonathan built in 5 years for Abuja/Kaduna after reviving the railways wrecked by GMB and other military dictators?
Even Addis Ababa/Ethiopia that was hit by famine in 1984 when GMB cancelled Lagos metro construction has built a light rail in 5 years also.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/114370-lagos-light-rail-project-to-be-ready-in-june-fashola.html

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trains Built For Milwaukee-Madison High-Speed Rail Line Are Coming To Lagos by anonimi: 9:04am On Jan 19, 2022
Superwave16320:
May the your life n that of your born n unborn generation be handled exactly the way Ikpeazu is handling Abia, IJN amen.

Are you a witch to know that he is from Abia shocked

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trains Built For Milwaukee-Madison High-Speed Rail Line Are Coming To Lagos by anonimi: 9:06am On Jan 19, 2022
dele1727:
grin grin grin

Watch how those who believe Ambode is the next best thing after slice bread avoid this thread...

Ambode abandoned this project for 4 years,
He abandoned all the projects the governor before him was working on...

And some fools will now come out and say he has good intentions....

Imagine sanwolu abandoned all the project Ambode was doing ... won't lagos be a big home of abandoned project by now?

But the truth is that ...The people deserves their leaders.... instead of giving kudos to the person who completes a particular project as well as those that started... the foolish masses who will suffer from an uncompleted project wil start saying ...one person does not have projects of his or her own....

How foolish can anyone get?

Was Ambode like Yar'Adua who also cancelled Obasanjo's projects even though Obasanjo almost single handedly made him president
Thankfully Yar'Adua's death allowed Jonathan to revive and build them for Buhari to commission.

ijebuloaded:
The Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi, on Tuesday commended the immediate past administration of ex-President, Goodluck Jonathan for embarking on massive projects that have been beneficial to Nigerians.

Speaking at a Town Hall meeting in Abuja, the former Rivers State governor said his Ministry did not meet any comatose project on assumption of office.

He said the President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration continued the projects of the previous administration because “We realised the impact of the recession.’’

Amaechi noted that the Kaduna-Abuja railway was nearly 80% completed by the Jonathan’s administration.

He said, “In the ministry of transportation, we did not meet anything comatose. We met an attempt to bring back our rail services.

“The Kaduna-Abuja railway was nearly 80% completed which we commissioned and commercial services have commenced.’’

Source : http://ijebuloaded.com/news-amaechi-hails-goodluck-jonathan-says-met-80-project-completed-ex-president/

1 Like

Re: Trains Built For Milwaukee-Madison High-Speed Rail Line Are Coming To Lagos by Nonybb: 9:22am On Jan 19, 2022
Be careful what a white man gives you just like that
Re: Trains Built For Milwaukee-Madison High-Speed Rail Line Are Coming To Lagos by unitysheart(m): 9:28am On Jan 19, 2022
naptu2:

What do you mean by, "Is it an electric or locomotive"? Do you know the meaning of the word locomotive? Do you know that electric trains also have locomotives?

Na copycat dembe na. Dem no know say the front part of the train is actually locomotive. It now depends on what you are using to power the engine. Na olodo the guy be.
Re: Trains Built For Milwaukee-Madison High-Speed Rail Line Are Coming To Lagos by georgeakins: 9:42am On Jan 19, 2022
MASTAkiLLAh:
Kudos to Sanwo Olu, my second kudos this year to him grin

I imagine all those BRT medicine sellers migrating to this platform also

Preaching or selling is not allowed inside BRT

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trains Built For Milwaukee-Madison High-Speed Rail Line Are Coming To Lagos by dele1727: 9:53am On Jan 19, 2022
anonimi:

Was Ambode like Yar'Adua who also cancelled Obasanjo's projects even though Obasanjo almost single handedly made him president
Thankfully Yar'Adua's death allowed Jonathan to revive and build them for Buhari to commission.

Yet ask Nigerians.... Yaradua is a good man... the best president in modern Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Trains Built For Milwaukee-Madison High-Speed Rail Line Are Coming To Lagos by Nobody: 9:54am On Jan 19, 2022
anonimi:

This is how one identifies a hater and ethnocentric bigots 100%. You will attack Tinubu all day but do you know what it means for the man to be benevolently productive for Lagos till today and 15 years after leaving office in 2007? Who else has achieved same in Nigeria?

Conversely do you know the extreme incompetence, apathy and cluelessness it takes for Bayelsa to fail and become bankrupt under GEJ who has been governor of the State, our VP and then President?

At the end of the day, people like you are mischief-makers who are not after solutions. You just have those you are dedicated to loving and hating passionately forever and without any objectivity whatsoever.

If not, in the face of what Nigeria has witnessed in the past ten years, you will not remain a blind devotee of GEJ and a rabid hater of BAT.

Both are godfathers of their States yet look at the fortunes of Lagos and Bayelsa under BAT and GEJ respectively? Bayelsa, an oil producer with 13% derivation and a small population, is near comatose under GEJ's watch.

Lagos, in contrast, is the main showcase State of Nigeria. Na wa for people like you.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Trains Built For Milwaukee-Madison High-Speed Rail Line Are Coming To Lagos by AmazingELixir: 9:57am On Jan 19, 2022
grin

A train built in 2012.....that's about 10years, one Hopes the critical electro_mechanical components haven't deteriorated.

The niggar that hatched this deal will be smiling to the bank big time for mega payday

1 Like

Re: Trains Built For Milwaukee-Madison High-Speed Rail Line Are Coming To Lagos by Pootle: 10:14am On Jan 19, 2022
Dapinski:

thats why the originator thinks he do same ruling nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Airfares Drop As Foreign Carriers Unblock Low-priced Tickets / This Is What Motorists Go Through On Ekpoma Road (video/pictures) / Nigerians In South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.