Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

Sanwo-Olu Tours Talgo Group To Inspect High Speed Trains Meant For Lagos - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-Olu Tours Talgo Group To Inspect High Speed Trains Meant For Lagos (31761 Views)

Sanwo-olu Tours The Lagos RED LINE Rail Project / Lagos Completes Purchase Of 2 Talgo Trains Originally Designed For US City (pi / Osinbajo In Anambra To Inspect 2nd Niger Bridge & Visit Markets For Trademoni (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanwo-Olu Tours Talgo Group To Inspect High Speed Trains Meant For Lagos by TOPCRUISE(m): 2:18pm On Jan 19, 2022
Nobody will hang on this train

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Tours Talgo Group To Inspect High Speed Trains Meant For Lagos by babzo(m): 2:19pm On Jan 19, 2022
lexy2014:

They didn't pay the manufacturer? I don't understand. How does that affect Lagos state?

Trains we're ordered by a Democrat Party Governor of the State of Wisconsin, USA; New Governor was Republican. He canceled the contract and refused to pay.

Manufacturers won court case and sold to Lagos State Government.

https://www.wpr.org/trains-intended-unbuilt-milwaukee-madison-high-speed-rail-line-going-nigeria

5 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Tours Talgo Group To Inspect High Speed Trains Meant For Lagos by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jan 19, 2022
Tetehjewels:
We need progressive minds leading Nigeria just like Tinubu left a progressive legacy for Lagos State and we can see how subsequent governors of Lagos work hard to build on that.

I am Igbo but I stand with Tinubu for President

You are using a different alias claiming igbo. You did this in a previous thread, this method is fast becoming stale
Re: Sanwo-Olu Tours Talgo Group To Inspect High Speed Trains Meant For Lagos by seunmsg(m): 2:23pm On Jan 19, 2022
lexy2014:

This is what I want to no which u haven't answered:

They didn't pay the manufacturer? I don't understand. How does that affect Lagos state? when did Lagos buy the train?

Show me the evidence that the manufacturer has not been paid?

Btw, payment for stuff like this doesn't have to be one off. What is important is that an agreement has been signed and the trains are coming to Lagos.

4 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Tours Talgo Group To Inspect High Speed Trains Meant For Lagos by wwwihy: 2:23pm On Jan 19, 2022
EnEnPeecee:
Liars with their propaganda train. How do they want us to believe this is Nigeria? Pls check this pics. The rail tracks are even covered with granite sand. Who do they think they are deceiving?
You be mumunatu, simple short article you can not read

4 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Tours Talgo Group To Inspect High Speed Trains Meant For Lagos by Billingslord: 2:23pm On Jan 19, 2022
EnEnPeecee:
Liars with their propaganda train. How do they want us to believe this is Nigeria? Pls check this pics. The rail tracks are even covered with granite sand. Who do they think they are deceiving?
eyah! sorry

5 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Tours Talgo Group To Inspect High Speed Trains Meant For Lagos by techmo(m): 2:23pm On Jan 19, 2022
EnEnPeecee:

That's USA where the Train is been purchased by the Governor

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Tours Talgo Group To Inspect High Speed Trains Meant For Lagos by IreneJane: 2:23pm On Jan 19, 2022
EnEnPeecee:

Read it well pls , where hatred for good things is taking you to won't make you prosper in life

5 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Tours Talgo Group To Inspect High Speed Trains Meant For Lagos by ccollins(m): 2:25pm On Jan 19, 2022
Cholls:
My brother in Tinubu Nigerians trust
no Nigerian trust or like tinubu except his cronies
Re: Sanwo-Olu Tours Talgo Group To Inspect High Speed Trains Meant For Lagos by aribisala0(m): 2:25pm On Jan 19, 2022
babzo:

Oga, calm down. Google is your friend. Google Milwaukee high speed trains. It's all in today's news in the USA. Nigerians and I too know...haba...

https://www.wpr.org/trains-intended-unbuilt-milwaukee-madison-high-speed-rail-line-going-nigeria
Your problem is that you do not use your brain . You just read and react , copy and paste like an automaton

Go back and read what you have posted
A High speed rail line DOES NOT EXIST in LAGOS or Nigeria

Trains intended for use on a high speed rail line can be used on a rail line that is not high speed
The fact that a knife was intended for use in killing a turkey does not make it a TURKEY KILLING KNIFE or mean it cannot be used to kill a chicken

High speed refers to the LINE and supporting technology not the coaches or carriages
FYI
There is no High speed rail in the UK today . A contract was awarded to start one and that should come online in 10 years or so.

So specialized tracks are required and if we bought trains intended for use on a High speed track that DOES NOT make the trains "high speed".

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Tours Talgo Group To Inspect High Speed Trains Meant For Lagos by samonak(m): 2:27pm On Jan 19, 2022
EnEnPeecee:
Guy u de read so? Didn't you see Milwaukee - USA in the article? Na like so una de use fail exams.

4 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Tours Talgo Group To Inspect High Speed Trains Meant For Lagos by timefarm(m): 2:29pm On Jan 19, 2022
Well if it is truly high speed train,
It can't be used for intra city transport especially in a small city ( landmass) like Lagos. The bus stops are not far from each other and the train need to stop frequently.

It what is the speed? Because high speed train should not be less than 250km/hr.

I hope it is confirmed before bringing it in.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Tours Talgo Group To Inspect High Speed Trains Meant For Lagos by lexy2014: 2:29pm On Jan 19, 2022
seunmsg:

Show me the evidence that the manufacturer has not been paid?

Btw, payment for stuff like this doesn't have to be one off. What is important is that an agreement has been signed and the trains are coming to Lagos.

Seems u are confused or u don't understand d question I asked. Avail yourself d comment of d gentleman I asked d questions. Since u decided to jump into d conversation, kindly answer d following:

They didn't pay the manufacturer? I don't understand. How does that affect Lagos state? when did Lagos buy the train?

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Tours Talgo Group To Inspect High Speed Trains Meant For Lagos by lexy2014: 2:31pm On Jan 19, 2022
babzo:

Trains we're ordered by a Democrat Party Governor of the State of Wisconsin, USA; New Governor was Republican. He canceled the contract and refused to pay.

Manufacturers won court case and sold to Lagos State Government.

Thanks for clearing it up. The deal is kind of messy. But from d story, it was Talgo that cancelled the contract not d governor

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Tours Talgo Group To Inspect High Speed Trains Meant For Lagos by richiepolymer(m): 2:32pm On Jan 19, 2022
Hmm
If I may ask....if China built the rail line, why buy the train from USA?
Or is this another political score to woo the USA for Tinubu in 2023?
Or was the agreement for China to only construct the rail line?
In terms of railways....China is scored better than the U.S.....so why choose the U.S?
Re: Sanwo-Olu Tours Talgo Group To Inspect High Speed Trains Meant For Lagos by ufotunang: 2:34pm On Jan 19, 2022
They will not go to the same USA to see how they have 24hours constant light over there and implement it here in nigeria
Re: Sanwo-Olu Tours Talgo Group To Inspect High Speed Trains Meant For Lagos by SarkinYarki: 2:40pm On Jan 19, 2022
Tetehjewels:
We need progressive minds leading Nigeria just like Tinubu left a progressive legacy for Lagos State and we can see how subsequent governors of Lagos work hard to build on that.

I am Igbo but I stand with Tinubu for President

The light rail was started by Jakande and now even after 20 years in power and a spend of over 1.5 billion dollars Tinubu hasn't even completed it and you talk about Legacy? Legacy of a man who has still not been able to complete just 35 kms of Lekki Epe road even after 20 years or even been able to give Lagosian potable water supply...please lets stop hyping mediocrity

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Tours Talgo Group To Inspect High Speed Trains Meant For Lagos by aribisala0(m): 2:41pm On Jan 19, 2022
richiepolymer:
Hmm
In terms of railways....China is scored better than the U.S.....so why choose the U.S?
So because China build our roads we must use Chinese cars?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Tours Talgo Group To Inspect High Speed Trains Meant For Lagos by SarkinYarki: 2:41pm On Jan 19, 2022
richiepolymer:
Hmm

This is to show you the project is going no where , Chinese rail and US Coach ? cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Tours Talgo Group To Inspect High Speed Trains Meant For Lagos by MenelikZayan23(m): 2:43pm On Jan 19, 2022
Superwave16320:
Thanks to the insight of Tinubu.
Some lunatcs from hell will come n say we should have handed Lagos to the like of Ikpeazu Ugwuayi Theodore Orji Abaribe Ekweremadu Kalu Orji Peter Obi etc

Awon oloriburuku dede.
Hmm. Ogbenbi you're throwing oko Oro to our kinsmen in the EAST abi �
anyways e enter well �

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Tours Talgo Group To Inspect High Speed Trains Meant For Lagos by slimfit1(m): 2:45pm On Jan 19, 2022
ManMountain:

Lagosians will believe them, you can decide not to believe in your own state gov

Not everyone that disagrees with you is Igbo.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Tours Talgo Group To Inspect High Speed Trains Meant For Lagos by mapet: 2:47pm On Jan 19, 2022
lexy2014:

How will tinubu move Nigeria forward and improve the living standards of Nigerians?

Like how Lagos has left other states in Nigeria behind....

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Tours Talgo Group To Inspect High Speed Trains Meant For Lagos by lexy2014: 2:48pm On Jan 19, 2022
mapet:

Like how Lagos has left other states in Nigeria behind....

How has Lagos left other states? Is Tinubu responsible for Lagos leaving other states?
Re: Sanwo-Olu Tours Talgo Group To Inspect High Speed Trains Meant For Lagos by Kirkman: 2:50pm On Jan 19, 2022
babzo:

Oga, calm down. Google is your friend. Google Milwaukee high speed trains. It's all in today's news in the USA. Nigerians and I too know...haba...

I reat the article, so American politicians sef dey do anyhow too? It was a sad story to read. At least it will be of immense benefit to us. These trains seem even better than the ones that AmaechI and Buhari purchased from China.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Tours Talgo Group To Inspect High Speed Trains Meant For Lagos by DOnlooker(m): 2:52pm On Jan 19, 2022
And my own governor is asking if the bridge he has been moulding for the past 6 years concerns the citizens.
Why me?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Tours Talgo Group To Inspect High Speed Trains Meant For Lagos by mapet: 2:52pm On Jan 19, 2022
lexy2014:

How has Lagos left other states? Is Tinubu responsible for Lagos leaving other states?

Ok. Ikpeazu is reasponsible

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Tours Talgo Group To Inspect High Speed Trains Meant For Lagos by Yebosola(m): 2:53pm On Jan 19, 2022
Germi9:
Nice , i love Progressive individuals like Sanwo Olu even though he is chicken hearted shocked

He should b stone hearted like,OUK,TA Orji and Ikeazu your brothers who has exchanged your destiny and turned your region to glorified villages.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Tours Talgo Group To Inspect High Speed Trains Meant For Lagos by lexy2014: 2:54pm On Jan 19, 2022
mapet:

Ok. Ikpeazu is reasponsible

Who is ikpeazu? How has Lagos left other states behind? How is Tinubu responsible for that?
Re: Sanwo-Olu Tours Talgo Group To Inspect High Speed Trains Meant For Lagos by zelnababa(m): 2:55pm On Jan 19, 2022
EnEnPeecee:
Useless
enemy of progress, bad news is their prayer

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Tours Talgo Group To Inspect High Speed Trains Meant For Lagos by Akanoaaa(m): 2:56pm On Jan 19, 2022
EnEnPeecee:

When they tell you to read and know better you won't listen. Where you read am say dat place na Nigeria? Hatred will consume you soon if you keep going like this. Alaini ironu omo oshi.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Tours Talgo Group To Inspect High Speed Trains Meant For Lagos by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jan 19, 2022
lexy2014:

grin grin you still de ask? That's why I can't understand why some "educated" youths in nairaland celebrate IGR as an achievement
You're ignorant

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Tours Talgo Group To Inspect High Speed Trains Meant For Lagos by lexy2014: 2:57pm On Jan 19, 2022
DubaiLandLord2:
You're ignorant

Ignorant of what?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Zamfara Govt Robbed My Houses, Stole Cars, Hijabs, Stoves – Matawalle / 2015-Eligibility: Tension Over Jonathan's Fate As Supreme Court Decides In 48Hrs / Nigerians React To The Possible Increase In The Petrol Price Of 145/litre To 152

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.