Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,176 members, 7,825,673 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:41 PM

If Jesus was in Nigeria today will you doubt If His is The Messiah? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Jesus was in Nigeria today will you doubt If His is The Messiah? (698 Views)

If Jesus Was Black,... / Obasanjo: If Jesus Were In Nigeria Today, He Would Not Keep Quiet / Reno Omokri At The The Manga Where Jesus Was Born In Israel (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Jesus was in Nigeria today will you doubt If His is The Messiah? by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jan 19, 2022
If Jesus was in Nigeria today will you doubt His is the Messiah prophesied about and let Him be crucified?

Did He fufill all the requirements of the Messiah, promised in the Old Testament?
Re: If Jesus was in Nigeria today will you doubt If His is The Messiah? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:37pm On Jan 19, 2022
MindHacker9000:

If Jesus was in Nigeria today will you doubt who His is the Son of God and let Him be crucified?
Just humble yourself and learn, if Jesus comes to this planet a hundred times as a human born into a humble family and trying to change the system by which greedy religious leaders extort money from their unsuspecting followers. Believe me he will be tortured to dead again and again and again! undecided

2 Likes

Re: If Jesus was in Nigeria today will you doubt If His is The Messiah? by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jan 19, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Just humble yourself and learn, if Jesus comes to this planet a hundred times as a human born into a humble family and trying to change the system by which greedy religious leaders extort money from their unsuspecting followers. Believe me he will be tortured to dead again and again and again! undecided

Anyone that has studied the Old Testament properly will know that He does not meet the requirements of the Messiah promised in the Old Testament and will be right to doubt Him.

1 Like

Re: If Jesus was in Nigeria today will you doubt If His is The Messiah? by IamAuntyOnion(f): 3:32pm On Jan 19, 2022
Messiah and Nigeria are word and opposite

2 Likes

Re: If Jesus was in Nigeria today will you doubt If His is The Messiah? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:40pm On Jan 19, 2022
Well nobody can read the Bible carnally and understand without the help of God's active force! smiley
Re: If Jesus was in Nigeria today will you doubt If His is The Messiah? by Snitch24(m): 3:59pm On Jan 19, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

In a even more gruesome manner

2 Likes

Re: If Jesus was in Nigeria today will you doubt If His is The Messiah? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:29pm On Jan 19, 2022
Snitch24:

In a even more gruesome manner

My friend thought Jesus was fake simply because majority of the Jews rejected him.
Abeg which of the prophets did the Israelites ever accepted with their whole heart?
Even Moses whom God used to bring them out of Egypt where they were slaving under the Egyptians this stiff-necked people wanted to stone him to death! Exodus 17:2-4

So because of their faithlessness a 21st century Nigerian is here saying Jesus was fake simply because the Israelites rejected him as if there has ever been a time the Israelites fully accepted any prophet! Matthew 23:37-38 smiley
Re: If Jesus was in Nigeria today will you doubt If His is The Messiah? by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 8:18pm On Jan 19, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

My friend thought Jesus was fake simply because majority of the Jews rejected him.
Abeg which of the prophets did the Israelites ever accepted with their whole heart?
Even Moses whom God used to bring them out of Egypt where they were slaving under the Egyptians this stiff-necked people wanted to stone him to death! Exodus 17:2-4

So because of their faithlessness a 21st century Nigerian is here saying Jesus was fake simply because the Israelites rejected him as if there has ever been a time the Israelites fully accepted any prophet! Matthew 23:37-38 smiley
They have entire chapters of their scriptures dedicated to their prophets. What does acceptance mean to you undecided?

1 Like

Re: If Jesus was in Nigeria today will you doubt If His is The Messiah? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:48pm On Jan 19, 2022
BeLookingIDIOT:

They have entire chapters of their scriptures dedicated to their prophets. What does acceptance mean to you undecided?

My friend it seems you're a baby when talking about pretext.
Well let me enlighten you that it's the same people that plotted the death of nice and kindhearted patriots that will build their statues to deceive the coming generations into thinking they have the interest of their people at heart.
Whereas if they're alive when such patriots live they will join in killing the patriots! Luke 11:47

Please don't feel i'm just smart for nothing i was an agent of the intelligence.
Real culprits use the deceit to cover their tracks and at the same time win the hearts of unsuspecting gullible people over.

If the books aren't named after the good prophets how will greedy religious leaders deceive their gullible followers? smiley
Re: If Jesus was in Nigeria today will you doubt If His is The Messiah? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jan 20, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

My friend it seems you're a baby when talking about pretext.
Well let me enlighten you that it's the same people that plotted the death of nice and kindhearted patriots that will build their statues to deceive the coming generations into thinking they have the interest of their people at heart.
Whereas if they're alive when such patriots live they will join in killing the patriots! Luke 11:47

Please don't feel i'm just smart for nothing i was an agent of the intelligence.
Real culprits use the deceit to cover their tracks and at the same time win the hearts of unsuspecting gullible people over.

If the books aren't named after the good prophets how will greedy religious leaders deceive their gullible followers? smiley

You are not smart at all and you want to enlighten others. If you are not teaching a FAKE gospel then tell us what has not been fulfilled that Jesus stated that will happen and immediately after He will return.

The Jew are very smart not to accept Jesus as their Messiah as He just does not match the requirements of a Messiah.

1 Like

Re: If Jesus was in Nigeria today will you doubt If His is The Messiah? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:59pm On Jan 20, 2022
MindHacker9000:

You are not smart at all and you want to enlighten others. If you are not teaching a FAKE gospel then tell us what has not been fulfilled that Jesus stated that will happen and immediately after He will return.

The Jew are very smart not to accept Jesus as their Messiah as He just does not match the requirements of a Messiah.

But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will be falling out of heaven, and the powers that are in the heavens will be shaken. And then they will see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory. And then he will send out the angels and will gather his chosen ones together from the four winds, from earth’s extremity to heaven’s extremity. Mark 13:24-27

smiley
Re: If Jesus was in Nigeria today will you doubt If His is The Messiah? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jan 20, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will be falling out of heaven, and the powers that are in the heavens will be shaken. And then they will see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory. And then he will send out the angels and will gather his chosen ones together from the four winds, from earth’s extremity to heaven’s extremity. Mark 13:24-27

smiley

22“If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened.
30“Then will appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven.
34 Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened.
Matthew 24:22,30 & 34
Re: If Jesus was in Nigeria today will you doubt If His is The Messiah? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:30pm On Jan 20, 2022
MindHacker9000:

22“If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened.
34 Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened.
Matthew 24:22,30 & 34

YES! The generation that witnessed all these composite signs! smiley
Re: If Jesus was in Nigeria today will you doubt If His is The Messiah? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jan 20, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

All the distress Jesus stated were all fulfilled till 70 AD and Jesus said

29“Immediately after the distress of those days
“ ‘the sun will be darkened,
and the moon will not give its light;
the stars will fall from the sky,
and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.’
Matthew 24:22,29,30 & 34
Re: If Jesus was in Nigeria today will you doubt If His is The Messiah? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:38pm On Jan 20, 2022
MindHacker9000:

All the distress Jesus stated were all fulfilled till 70 AD
That's a misconception my friend! smiley
Re: If Jesus was in Nigeria today will you doubt If His is The Messiah? by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jan 20, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

How?
Re: If Jesus was in Nigeria today will you doubt If His is The Messiah? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:42pm On Jan 20, 2022
MindHacker9000:

How?
Before we proceed do you believe Jesus truly exist and lived during the first century? smiley
Re: If Jesus was in Nigeria today will you doubt If His is The Messiah? by sonmvayina(m): 4:43pm On Jan 20, 2022
It is certain Jesus is not the Jewish Messiah. He did not meet any of the requirements of a Messiah.

Assuming he was, for the sake of argument, did God ever say the Messiah was coming to die for sins? NO.

1 Like

Re: If Jesus was in Nigeria today will you doubt If His is The Messiah? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jan 20, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Before we proceed do you believe Jesus truly exist and lived during the first century? smiley

I do and the Romans who were occupying Israel at that time have historical records of Him as a magician and His followers as superstitious followers.

Ask yourself if truly Jesus performs all those miracles you believe he did, do you think the Romans would not have taken Him to Rome and for their military missions so that He can feed all their soldiers with one loaf of bread and two fishes

1 Like

Re: If Jesus was in Nigeria today will you doubt If His is The Messiah? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:23pm On Jan 20, 2022
MindHacker9000:

I do and the Romans who were occupying Israel at that time have historical records of Him as a magician and His followers as superstitious followers.
Ask yourself if truly Jesus performs all those miracles you believe he did, do you think the Romans would not have taken Him to Rome and for their military missions so that He can feed all their soldiers with one loaf of bread and two fishes

Do you think political world powers value such a person?
Well you have the example of Moses in the Bible, despite the fact that he grew up with Ramses in the same palace that never moved Ramses to welcome him with all his powers.
So what makes you think that Rome the world power of that time will value Jesus when they also have their own magic practicing priests? wink
Re: If Jesus was in Nigeria today will you doubt If His is The Messiah? by sonmvayina(m): 8:54pm On Jan 20, 2022
MindHacker9000:

Ask yourself if truly Jesus performs all thos
e miracles you believe he did, do you think the Romans would not have taken Him to Rome and for their military missions so that He can feed all their soldiers with one loaf of bread and two fishes

This is Bart .one of the leading researchers in New Testament texts. This is what he has to say

Re: If Jesus was in Nigeria today will you doubt If His is The Messiah? by Nobody: 11:52pm On Jan 20, 2022
sonmvayina:

This is Bart .one of the leading researchers in New Testament texts. This is what he has to say

More revelation in this video of how the Romans invented Jesus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmEScIUcvz0

1 Like

Re: If Jesus was in Nigeria today will you doubt If His is The Messiah? by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jan 21, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

MaxInDHouse:

MaxInDHouse:

I have responded to you but you have not given your reason as to why you feel "All the distress Jesus stated were all fulfilled till 70 AD" is a misconception
Re: If Jesus was in Nigeria today will you doubt If His is The Messiah? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:54pm On Jan 21, 2022
MindHacker9000:

I have responded to you but you have not given your reason as to why you feel "All the distress Jesus stated were all fulfilled till 70 AD" is a misconception

First of all give a direct answer YES or NO.
Do you believe that Jesus truly lived and said what was recorded as you're quoting it? smiley
Re: If Jesus was in Nigeria today will you doubt If His is The Messiah? by Cabble4(m): 6:55pm On Jan 21, 2022
MindHacker9000:

Anyone that has studied the Old Testament properly will know that He does not meet the requirements of the Messiah promised in the Old Testament and will be right to doubt Him.
Please,for the purpose of clarity and enlightenment, kindly pinpoint to us the requirements found in the Old Testament that He didn't meet if you truly know what you just submitted.
Re: If Jesus was in Nigeria today will you doubt If His is The Messiah? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jan 22, 2022
Cabble4:

Please,for the purpose of clarity and enlightenment, kindly pinpoint to us the requirements found in the Old Testament that He didn't meet if you truly know what you just submitted.

Piont yours out first and I will show you He did not meet those requirements
Re: If Jesus was in Nigeria today will you doubt If His is The Messiah? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jan 22, 2022
MindHacker9000:
If Jesus was in Nigeria today will you doubt His is the Messiah prophesied about and let Him be crucified?

Hindsight is a wonderful thing
Re: If Jesus was in Nigeria today will you doubt If His is The Messiah? by Cabble4(m): 10:28pm On Jan 22, 2022
MindHacker9000:

Piont yours out first and I will show you He did not meet those requirements
I thought as much. Clinching on straws as usual. Never disappoints on their blind arguments. They know absolutely nothing about a subject but put up reckless argument just to seek cheap attention.
Next time don't say what you can not defend or substantiate when confronted. Meet a subject you are clueless, take a pass. No need for empty show up and ridicule yourself. My fifty cent.
Re: If Jesus was in Nigeria today will you doubt If His is The Messiah? by sonmvayina(m): 10:54pm On Jan 22, 2022
Was Jesus famous in his lifetime?

The Gospels make it clear that throughout his career Jesus was the rock star of first-century Judea, even if we disregard the miraculous star, a multitude of heavenly angels, and gift-bearing wise men from afar attending his birth. In Matthew (4:24-25) we are told that his fame “went throughout all Syria” and that as he traveled throughout the region doing miracles, healing the sick and casting out devils, he and his entourage were followed by “great multitudes” of people from Galilee, and from the Decapolis (a Greco-Roman federation of ten cities southeast of the Sea of Galilee), and from Jerusalem, and from Judea, and from beyond Jordan. Mark 5:20 says one man even began to publish (or proclaim) in the Decapolis the great things Jesus had done for him. A few of his more high-profile healings: raising the daughter of Jairus, one of the synagogue officials, from the dead (Matt. 9:18, Luke 8:41-42); healing the servant of a Roman Centurion in Capernaum (Matt. 8:5-13) and the son of a royal official (John 4:46-53). In addition, he delivered many sermons to great multitudes of people up and down the region of Judea, amazing all with his teachings. So with all this attention focused on him and his incredible achievements from cradle to grave, how is it that we have no contemporary record of any of this? After having won the admiration of royal officials, Roman leaders, and Synagogue officials, how is it that he wasn’t whisked off to the royal court, or even Rome itself? How is it that none of his astounding new teachings were recorded by anyone at the time? We have no trace or mention of Jesus’ exploits anywhere until the New Testament Gospels are written decades later. And outside of them, there is no mention of Jesus whatsoever for nearly a century after Jesus’ alleged death. This is a staggering omission, and totally at odds with the picture given to us by the Gospels.

1 Like

Re: If Jesus was in Nigeria today will you doubt If His is The Messiah? by sonmvayina(m): 11:05pm On Jan 22, 2022
Cabble4:

Let me help..
What is the Messiah supposed to accomplish? One of the central themes of biblical prophecy is the promise of a future age of perfection characterized by universal peace and recognition of God. (Isaiah 2:1-4, 32:15-18, 60:15-18; Zephaniah 3:9; Hosea 2:20-22; Amos 9:13-15; Micah 4:1-4; Zechariah 8:23, 14:9; Jeremiah 31:33-34)

Specifically, the Bible says he will:

1. Build the Third Temple (Ezekiel 37:26-28).
Gather all Jews back to the Land of Israel (Isaiah 43:5-6).
2. Usher in an era of world peace, and end all hatred, oppression, suffering and disease. As it says: "Nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall man learn war anymore." (Isaiah 2:4)
3. Spread universal knowledge of the God of Israel, which will unite humanity as one. As it says: "God will be King over all the world – on that day, God will be One and His Name will be One" (Zechariah 14:9).
If an individual fails to fulfill even one of these conditions, then he cannot be the Messiah.

Because no one has ever fulfilled the Bible's description of this future King, Jews still await the coming of the Messiah. All past Messianic claimants, including Jesus of Nazareth, Bar Cochba and Shabbtai Tzvi have been rejected.

Christians counter that Jesus will fulfill these in the Second Coming. Jewish sources show that the Messiah will fulfill the prophecies outright; in the Bible no concept of a second coming exists.

1 Like

Re: If Jesus was in Nigeria today will you doubt If His is The Messiah? by Nobody: 6:02am On Jan 23, 2022
sonmvayina:
Was Jesus famous in his lifetime?

The Gospels make it clear that throughout his career Jesus was the rock star of first-century Judea, even if we disregard the miraculous star, a multitude of heavenly angels, and gift-bearing wise men from afar attending his birth. In Matthew (4:24-25) we are told that his fame “went throughout all Syria” and that as he traveled throughout the region doing miracles, healing the sick and casting out devils, he and his entourage were followed by “great multitudes” of people from Galilee, and from the Decapolis (a Greco-Roman federation of ten cities southeast of the Sea of Galilee), and from Jerusalem, and from Judea, and from beyond Jordan. Mark 5:20 says one man even began to publish (or proclaim) in the Decapolis the great things Jesus had done for him. A few of his more high-profile healings: raising the daughter of Jairus, one of the synagogue officials, from the dead (Matt. 9:18, Luke 8:41-42); healing the servant of a Roman Centurion in Capernaum (Matt. 8:5-13) and the son of a royal official (John 4:46-53). In addition, he delivered many sermons to great multitudes of people up and down the region of Judea, amazing all with his teachings.

You are very correct Jesus was a rock star and nowhere near the prophecy in Isaiah 53

And yet all these jokers selling a fake gospel will claim that He was the one prophesied about in Isaiah 53:2-3
"He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him,
nothing in his appearance that we should desire him."
3He was despised and rejected by mankind,
a man of suffering, and familiar with pain.
Like one from whom people hide their faces
he was despised, and we held him in low esteem.
Re: If Jesus was in Nigeria today will you doubt If His is The Messiah? by sonmvayina(m): 4:51pm On Jan 23, 2022
MindHacker9000:

You are very correct Jesus was a rock star and nowhere near the prophecy in Isaiah 53

And yet all these jokers selling a fake gospel will claim that He was the one prophesied about in Isaiah 53:2-3
"He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him,
nothing in his appearance that we should desire him."
3He was despised and rejected by mankind,
a man of suffering, and familiar with pain.
Like one from whom people hide their faces
he was despised, and we held him in low esteem.

Isaiah 53 is about a suffering servant.

More than 7 times prior to chapter 53 Isaiah told us the servant is Israel...

I wonder why people are mischievous?

(1) (2) (Reply)

It Is Easy To Be Born Again. / Spiritual Codes. How To Live A Healthy Spiritual Lifestyle / OPM To Open Free University In Nigeria...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.