Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,797 members, 7,817,302 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

Would The West Have Expanded Towards Russia If This Man Was Still Alive? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Would The West Have Expanded Towards Russia If This Man Was Still Alive? (5208 Views)

Young Africa Is Looking Towards Russia / Governor Uzodimma Dissolves Expanded Exco Of SA's And SSA's / The West Have No retaliatory Chip Unless War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would The West Have Expanded Towards Russia If This Man Was Still Alive? by Mangekyo: 4:10pm On Jan 19, 2022
Would the west have had the audacity to move an Inch towards russia if Joseph Stalin was still alive? The current Russian strongman, Vladimir Putin is a hard man no doubt but he's child when. compared to Stalin; the man who dealt with Hitler and his lapdogs and still went on to end the world War 2. grin

Would they have contemplated taking actions that could provoke and undermine the security of the Russian people if Stalin was still alive today?

Cc; Emae009, seunny4lif

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Would The West Have Expanded Towards Russia If This Man Was Still Alive? by Kriss216: 4:15pm On Jan 19, 2022
MangekyoAlt:

Kids below 18 aren't allowed in the foreign affairs section. Take note from now on
Lol

You ended up not educating him. So much for your old age.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would The West Have Expanded Towards Russia If This Man Was Still Alive? by heniford2: 4:20pm On Jan 19, 2022
Whose this one
Re: Would The West Have Expanded Towards Russia If This Man Was Still Alive? by MangekyoAlt: 4:25pm On Jan 19, 2022
heniford2:
Whose this one
Kids below 18 aren't allowed in the foreign affairs section. Take note from now on

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Would The West Have Expanded Towards Russia If This Man Was Still Alive? by heniford2: 4:31pm On Jan 19, 2022
MangekyoAlt:

Adult that are supposed to have been adult do not masturbate on old stuff trying to create an imaginary stuff which kids are meant to imagine grin mumu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Would The West Have Expanded Towards Russia If This Man Was Still Alive? by MangekyoAlt: 4:37pm On Jan 19, 2022
Kriss216:

Lol

You ended up not educating him. So much for your old age.
Educating him as how? The mans name is clearly up there yet he's asking who he is... Is that not dumbness? Or perhaps he doesn't exactly know how to read so if you're saying I should educate him, perhaps teaching him how to read properly would be a good start. I get you wink

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would The West Have Expanded Towards Russia If This Man Was Still Alive? by MangekyoAlt: 4:41pm On Jan 19, 2022
heniford2:
Adult that are supposed to have been adult do not masturbate on old stuff trying to create an imaginary stuff which kids are meant to imagine grin mumu
Re-read what you wrote. If after doing that you don't see anything wrong with the trash you wrote, then I would have no choice but to conclude that you aren't a child but a full grown ass man suffering from the effects of being an inbred!

9 Likes

Re: Would The West Have Expanded Towards Russia If This Man Was Still Alive? by Nbotee(m): 4:43pm On Jan 19, 2022
Mangekyo:
Would the west have had the audacity to move an Inch towards russia if Joseph Stalin was still alive? The current Russian strongman, Vladimir Putin is a hard man no doubt but he's child when. compared to Stalin; the man who dealt with Hitler and his lapdogs and still went on to end the world War 2. grin

Would they have contemplated taking actions that could provoke and undermine the security of the Russian people if Stalin was still alive today?

Cc; Emae009, seunny4lif

If the West hadn't stepped in during the war, would Hitler not have overan and annexed the USSR?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Would The West Have Expanded Towards Russia If This Man Was Still Alive? by decatalyst(m): 4:44pm On Jan 19, 2022
MangekyoAlt:

Educating him as how? The mans name is clearly up there yet he's asking who he is... Is that not dumbness? Or perhaps he doesn't exactly know how to read so if you're saying I should educate him, perhaps teaching him how to read properly would be a good start. I get you wink

He didn't read at all.

I wonder how a closed mind to reading wants to learn new things or contribute to intellectual discussion. No pun intended.
Re: Would The West Have Expanded Towards Russia If This Man Was Still Alive? by Cizarr(m): 4:45pm On Jan 19, 2022
He won't be alive

1 Like

Re: Would The West Have Expanded Towards Russia If This Man Was Still Alive? by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jan 19, 2022
Mangekyo:

Cc; Emae009, seunny4lif
Without the USA and Western Europe

If the war was between Nazi Germany and Soviet Union alone, Russians would be speaking German by now.

MangekyoAlt:

Are you making this up out of thing air? What do you have to back this up? Any?

If you're willing, I'll debate you when I return from work
Do you know that without foods coming in from the US, most Russians would have starve to death? Before the USA started sending food to Russia, millions of Russians starved to death.

Where person wey no get food wan get strength to fight?

Do you even know there was famine in the Soviet Union from the 4th quarter of 1941?

The areas that could have produce grains massively were under the control of Nazi Soldiers.

Without the Support of USA, Soviet Union would have fall yakata to the Nazi.

MangekyoAlt:

All what they distributed to their allies weren't for free! I bet you think they were.
All those goods they distributed to the USSR, Britain etc were expected to be paid for after the war
. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/6215847.stm#:~:text=Britain%20will%20settle%20its%20World,of%2050%20instalments%20since%201950.

Lol

You asked a question, I answered and you start to dey write long note grin

Concerning the bolded Why will you be thinking on my behalf sef? undecided I know about all what you're talking about.

But I doubt you know enough about this issue, cause if you do, you would have known without Foods coming from USA, even soldiers will surrender when hunger hold them.

Do you even know where almost all of Soviet Union food crops come from back then?

It was mostly from the Western Part of Russia and Ukraine, the whole of Ukraine and Western part of Russia was under the control of the Nazis. Even Russians no dey downplay the role of the USA like you're doing.

Without the USA, food and weapons, The USSR would have fall

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Would The West Have Expanded Towards Russia If This Man Was Still Alive? by MangekyoAlt: 4:48pm On Jan 19, 2022
DubaiLandLord2:

If the war was between Nazi Germany and Soviet Union alone, Russians would be speaking German by now.
Are you making this up out of thing air? What do you have to back this up? Any?

If you're willing, I'll debate you when I return from work

1 Like

Re: Would The West Have Expanded Towards Russia If This Man Was Still Alive? by Cholls(m): 4:51pm On Jan 19, 2022
My brother Uncle Joe was a big ally of the west
Re: Would The West Have Expanded Towards Russia If This Man Was Still Alive? by achi4u(m): 4:56pm On Jan 19, 2022
Stalin was very lucky that the Nazi's was very greedy taking on the all entire Europe and beyond. By now, Hitler children will be enjoying the Russian mangroves.
America want to take all the glory of the WW2.

3 Likes

Re: Would The West Have Expanded Towards Russia If This Man Was Still Alive? by achi4u(m): 4:59pm On Jan 19, 2022
DubaiLandLord2:

Hilter was like a Nigerian politicians, ever greedy and ready to die looting.

1 Like

Re: Would The West Have Expanded Towards Russia If This Man Was Still Alive? by bjdon: 5:01pm On Jan 19, 2022
Stalin is actually overrated. He made a lot of disatrous mistakes in the early days of WW2 which lead to the death/caputure of milions of Soviet troops. He was so paronoid and distrustful that he either arrested or killed most of the USSR's best commanders, that by the time the war started they only had loyal but incompetent generals in charge.
It was only when the USSR was on the verge of total defeat that he allowed his good generals like Marshal Zukov take control of the situation and being the counter offenses that drove back the Germans.

9 Likes

Re: Would The West Have Expanded Towards Russia If This Man Was Still Alive? by MangekyoAlt: 5:19pm On Jan 19, 2022
DubaiLandLord2:

Do you know that without foods coming in from the US, most Russians would have starve to death? Before the USA started sending food to Russia, millions of Russians starved to death.

Do you even know there was famine in the Soviet Union from the 4th quarter of 1941?

The areas that could have produce grains massively were under the control of Nazi Soldiers.

My brother, you are very very right, infact 100% right. What I do not agree with you is that Germany would have defeated the USSR had they not received the food and other materials from the USA. It is false!

The Germans had burnt many farmlands in USSR to the ground so starvation was going on. But food were still being produced and because of the small quantity of the food produced, the mostly went to the soldiers and workers like those manufacturing tanks, artillery, plans and other military hardwares. Civilians had just little to eat and were dying.

So, if they hadn't received those food from the USA, propably a few more million civilians would've died. But it would've had no impact on the soldiers who were fed to carry out their duties. They would've still won but with more civilian casualties.

Also, don't make it look like the USA was doing all that because they wanted to help. No, they weren't. Haven't you heard people saying USA loves war as it's the perfect opportunity to sell their products? I bet you have?

All what they distributed to their allies weren't for free! I bet you think they were.
All those goods they distributed to the USSR, Britain etc were expected to be paid for after the war. Britain paid most of theirs not too long ago http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/6215847.stm#:~:text=Britain%20will%20settle%20its%20World,of%2050%20instalments%20since%201950.

Ussr paid half but have settled with the USA in other ways https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.csmonitor.com/layout/set/amphtml/1985/0703/elend-f.html

So, would you say the USA helped Ussr with something they payed or PURCHASED with their own money?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would The West Have Expanded Towards Russia If This Man Was Still Alive? by ruggedtimi(m): 5:23pm On Jan 19, 2022
Stalin was stubborn as well....Joseph Stalin didn't end the war all by himself. America played an important role, although the Soviet red army captured berlin. A day before the battle of Berlin, the u s had already carried out intensive aerial bombardment for almost a month which enabled the soviets to take over berlin with ease.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Would The West Have Expanded Towards Russia If This Man Was Still Alive? by ruggedtimi(m): 5:28pm On Jan 19, 2022
DubaiLandLord2:

asked what happened at the battle of Stalingrad
Re: Would The West Have Expanded Towards Russia If This Man Was Still Alive? by MangekyoAlt: 5:34pm On Jan 19, 2022
Nbotee:

If the West hadn't stepped in during the war, would Hitler not have overan and annexed the USSR?
West stepped in during the war? What exactly are you saying?
Re: Would The West Have Expanded Towards Russia If This Man Was Still Alive? by MangekyoAlt: 5:41pm On Jan 19, 2022
ruggedtimi:
Stalin was stubborn as well....Joseph Stalin didn't end the war all by himself. America played an important role, although the Soviet red army captured berlin. A day before the battle of Berlin, the u s had already carried out intensive aerial bombardment for almost a month which enabled the soviets to take over berlin with ease.
False American forces was nowhere near Berlin when it was taken! When the red army had cleared nazi soldiers and sent them running back to Berlin were they prepared their last defensive line, Stalin called General zhukov who was command the red army to Moscow and told him that Britain and USA were bringing troops with the aim of reaching Berlin before them.
The red army had been fighting the germans for 4 years nonstop, they beat them back to Berlin so they felt they deserved to be the one to take Berlin. So Stalin told zhukov to take Berlin by all means.
Zuhkov returned and launched the offensive. He had Berlin rounded from all flanks with the aim of blocking USA and Britain from reaching Berlin if they ever came close to it and then focused his remaining forces at the nazis defense. They overran the Germans and entered Berlin. They planned and executed everything with no allied forces giving any hand as you make it look

5 Likes

Re: Would The West Have Expanded Towards Russia If This Man Was Still Alive? by MangekyoAlt: 5:47pm On Jan 19, 2022
achi4u:
Stalin was very lucky that the Nazi's was very greedy taking on the all entire Europe and beyond. By now, Hitler children will be enjoying the Russian mangroves.
America want to take all the glory of the WW2.
Stalin was unlucky sorry. The more territory they took, the richer they became.
They had, France, Luxembourg, Austria, Belgium, Poland, Romania, Finland, and even Ukraine. with all the natural resources of all these countries he still couldn't defeat USSR. So Hitler clearly haf the advantage here
Re: Would The West Have Expanded Towards Russia If This Man Was Still Alive? by MangekyoAlt: 5:56pm On Jan 19, 2022
bjdon:
Stalin is actually overrated. He made a lot of disatrous mistakes in the early days of WW2 which lead to the death/caputure of milions of Soviet troops. He was so paronoid and distrustful that he either arrested or killed most of the USSR's best commanders, that by the time the war started they only had loyal but incompetent generals in charge.
It was only when the USSR was on the verge of total defeat that he allowed his good generals like Marshal Zukov take control of the situation and being the counter offenses that drove back the Germans.

USSR wasn't actually ready when Hitler attacked. Stalin knew and tried to negotiate with him but Hitler told him that it was already too late as he had moved his troops from Britain to the borders of USSR. It was silly on Stalins part to be unprepared Sha. Anyway, once they got their shit together, they turned the tide and beat them out of Soviet Union.

1 Like

Re: Would The West Have Expanded Towards Russia If This Man Was Still Alive? by ruggedtimi(m): 6:15pm On Jan 19, 2022
MangekyoAlt:

False American forces was nowhere near Berlin when it was taken! When the red army had cleared nazi soldiers and sent them running back to Berlin were they prepared their last defensive line, Stalin called General zhukov who was command the red army to Moscow and told him that Britain and USA were bringing troops with the aim of reaching Berlin before them.
The red army had been fighting the red army for 4 years nonstop, they beat them back to Berlin so they felt they deserved to be the one to take Berlin. So Stalin told zhukov to take Berlin by all means.
Zuhkov returned and launched the offensive. He had Berlin rounded from all flanks with the aim of blocking USA and Britain from reaching Berlin if they ever came close to it and then focused his remaining forces at the nazis defense. They overran the Germans and entered Berlin. They planned and executed everything with no allied forces giving any hand as you make it look
general Eisenhower had no interest in invading berlin by ground invasion. Rather u s airforce bombarded Berlin for 36days non stop and it ended a day before the battle of Berlin began with the red army carrying out a ground invasion of Berlin...You should know that the red army fought a weaker waffen SS and German army.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would The West Have Expanded Towards Russia If This Man Was Still Alive? by MangekyoAlt: 6:24pm On Jan 19, 2022
ruggedtimi:
general Eisenhower had no interest in capturing berlin with a ground invasion. Rather u s airforce bombarded Berlin for 36days non stop and ended a day before the battle of Berlin started with the red army carrying out a ground invasion of Berlin.
I just told that you that the American forces were nowhere near Berlin. grin anyway, let me just assume youre right. Give me the source you hot this from... Or book.... Or Documentary let me go through
Re: Would The West Have Expanded Towards Russia If This Man Was Still Alive? by ruggedtimi(m): 6:26pm On Jan 19, 2022
MangekyoAlt:

I just told that you that the American forces were nowhere near Berlin. grin anyway, let me just assume youre right. Give me the source you hot this from... Or book.... Or Documentary let me go through
my first comment u quoted, I didn't say u s forces were on ground in Berlin, it was an "aerial bombardment"....

1 Like

Re: Would The West Have Expanded Towards Russia If This Man Was Still Alive? by jesmond3945: 6:29pm On Jan 19, 2022
Seun lalasticlala frontpage
Re: Would The West Have Expanded Towards Russia If This Man Was Still Alive? by ps6775: 6:54pm On Jan 19, 2022
this is amazing
Re: Would The West Have Expanded Towards Russia If This Man Was Still Alive? by MangekyoAlt: 6:57pm On Jan 19, 2022
ruggedtimi:
my first comment u quoted, I didn't say u s forces were on ground in Berlin, it was an "aerial bombardment"....
Aerial bombardment are carried out by US Forces . I told you that no US army, Air FORCE, or navy were close to Berlin when the Soviets fought for it and conquered it. If you claim otherwise, then give me some source. It shouldn't be hard
Re: Would The West Have Expanded Towards Russia If This Man Was Still Alive? by ruggedtimi(m): 7:01pm On Jan 19, 2022
MangekyoAlt:

Aerial bombardment are carried out by US Forces . I told you that no US army, Air FORCE, or navy were close to Berlin when the Soviets fought for it and conquered it. If you claim otherwise, then give me some source. It shouldn't be hard
read my first comment again...this time slowly.

1 Like

Re: Would The West Have Expanded Towards Russia If This Man Was Still Alive? by MangekyoAlt: 7:08pm On Jan 19, 2022
DubaiLandLord2:

Lol

You asked a question, I answered and you start to dey write long note grin

Concerning the bolded Why will you be thinking on my behalf sef? undecided I know about all what you're talking about.

But I doubt you know enough about this issue, cause if you do, you would have known without Foods coming from USA, even soldiers will surrender when hunger hold them.

Do you even know where almost all of Soviet Union food crops come from back then?

It was mostly from the Western Part of Russia and Ukraine, the whole of Ukraine and Western part of Russia was under the control of the Nazis. Even Russians no dey downplay the role of the USA like you're doing.

Without the USA, food and weapons, The USSR would have fall
Next time when you want to reply me, reply me on a fresh comment so that I will have the notification.

I am not downplaying the roles of USA. They tried, they helped the Soviets with food but that doesn't mean they wouldn't have won without the food.

Yes, Soviet industries were located in the western part of the country. When the Nazi Germans attacked the country, they moved all the industries from the west to other parts so your point is irrelevant.

The way you're even talking, you're making it look like there weren't food at all. They were producing foods but it just wasn't enough to go round, so people had to starve to death.

Let's say the amounts that was supposed to die were 5million, thanks to the USA it was reduced to 2 million. All the food that were being produced reached the soldiers and workers first, because they needed it as the ones fighting for the country, before the average civilian.

Also, the Germans even blocked supply of some of these goods from the sea as they the ships carrying them were always being attacked by the German airforce. The little that reached were also being transported through the frozen ice with some of the vehicles breaking and sinking into ice. The Germans had blocked other routes to the city.

While, the USA did good by sending food to them, I'm sure the Soviets appreciated, they still wouldve won as they went on to but with more civilian casualties from starvation

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Post No Debit (PND) On My Access Account / Governor Uduaghan Is The Worst Thing That Have Ever Happen To Delta State. / U.s. To Nigeria: Develop North To Beat Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.