Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,018 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

Would The West Have Expanded Towards Russia If This Man Was Still Alive? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Would The West Have Expanded Towards Russia If This Man Was Still Alive? (5207 Views)

Young Africa Is Looking Towards Russia / Governor Uzodimma Dissolves Expanded Exco Of SA's And SSA's / The West Have No retaliatory Chip Unless War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would The West Have Expanded Towards Russia If This Man Was Still Alive? by neuf(m): 2:52pm On Jan 20, 2022
Mangekyo:
Would the west have had the audacity to move an Inch towards russia if Joseph Stalin was still alive? The current Russian strongman, Vladimir Putin is a hard man no doubt but he's child when. compared to Stalin; the man who dealt with Hitler and his lapdogs and still went on to end the world War 2. grin

Would they have contemplated taking actions that could provoke and undermine the security of the Russian people if Stalin was still alive today?

Cc; Emae009, seunny4lif

emae009 that handle was banned... this is my new handle.

going through the thread, I'm glad people are starting to think for themselves now and not join the bandwagon to hate anything America.

whether Stalin was alive or not. The USSR would have disintegrated. NATO would still put Russia in its place and life would still go on.

Your attempt to change the perception is like saying "If Drogba was still at Chelsea, we'd have won Brighton" . Then you go ahead to list the best of Drogba forgetting that while he was still there Chelsea were losing and drawing matches too.

Hope this helps
Re: Would The West Have Expanded Towards Russia If This Man Was Still Alive? by Gadafii: 3:11pm On Jan 20, 2022
maestroferddi:
Hitler lost the war basically because he opened he took on two vast theatres almost at the same time.

If he had limited himself to the Western Front, he could have overwhelmed the French and the British eventually ...

But his greed and irrational overconfidence led him to open the Eastern Front to assuage his hatred for Stalin and the vastness of the USSR...

His troops, resources and even the formidable Luftwaffe were eventually over-stretched...

The Russians got their intelligence right...The armament and other important industries key to the war effort were moved away from outlying parts of European Russia deep into the Russian heartland...

The Nazi would take cities only to realise they have been deserted. The Russian inhospitable climate also broke the spirit and morale of the German soldiers.

Hitler should have respected the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact or the pact he had with Stalin...

He could then have dealt with the Russian question after defeating the West but alas! he repeated mistakes made by Napolean Bonaparte over a century previously...
Hitler already taken France, Luxembourg, Netherlands and the Finland etc, as at when he matched into the Soviet territory, he was going to over run the Soviet Union too, if the weather conditions had bee favorable, all the defensive mechanism put in place by Stalin were crushed, the Soviet Union lost millions of soldiers trying to stop the Nazis, unfortunately for Hitler the weather and poor decisions made him loose the Eastern campaign

The British were barely breathing because Hitler was raining bombs on them during the blitzkrieg, in Africa, Hitler had nearly taken all the strategic towns
Re: Would The West Have Expanded Towards Russia If This Man Was Still Alive? by revolt(m): 4:13pm On Jan 20, 2022
Stalin killed more Russians than Germany did... killed almost the same amount of jews and even was an ally of Hitler until Hitler turned on him. He killed in ukraine Hungary Poland czchekslovakia etc. The only people that consider him a hero are communist Russians.... but he built an empire tho. Just like Hitler is still the greatest German leader but definitely an enemy to everyone else.
Re: Would The West Have Expanded Towards Russia If This Man Was Still Alive? by grandstar(m): 11:50pm On Jan 20, 2022
Mangekyo

You're asking an irrelevant question. Stalin was simply a menace to every human, especially his own people.

The EU and America should commonsensically not embrace Ukraine into Nato. Though such an embrace isn't really a threat to Russia, it would overreact to what it considers a slap to its face. Also, Ukraine being part of Nato would mean it would be harder for Russia to easily crush its "its little brother" easily.
Re: Would The West Have Expanded Towards Russia If This Man Was Still Alive? by grandstar(m): 11:54pm On Jan 20, 2022
revolt:
Stalin killed more Russians than Germany did... killed almost the same amount of jews and even was an ally of Hitler until Hitler turned on him. He killed in ukraine Hungary Poland czchekslovakia etc. The only people that consider him a hero are communist Russians.... but he built an empire tho. Just like Hitler is still the greatest German leader but definitely an enemy to everyone else.

I dont think Hitler is considered a hero in Germany. Far from it. They realized he brainwashed them and they shamefully fell for his lies.
Re: Would The West Have Expanded Towards Russia If This Man Was Still Alive? by neuf(m): 7:01am On Jan 21, 2022
grandstar:
Mangekyo

You're asking an irrelevant question. Stalin was simply a menace to every human, especially his own people.

The EU and America should commonsensically not embrace Ukraine into Nato. Though such an embrace isn't really a threat to Russia, it would overreact to what it considers a slap to its face. Also, Ukraine being part of Nato would mean it would be harder for Russia to easily crush its "its little brother" easily.

why shouldn't NATO accept Ukraine?

if it fits into their agenda of stopping Russian expansion then to that I say kaboom!
Re: Would The West Have Expanded Towards Russia If This Man Was Still Alive? by Quiny32323: 7:21am On Jan 21, 2022
[quote author=MangekyoAlt post=109531772][/quote]

That's why I advised you to research and not to visit wikipedia, someone like you uploaded that material. Russia was never on the Japanese soil so the pressure couldn't have been that much for them to surrender but picture 2 cities being destroyed totally in quick succession by what you can't explain and you still want to fight, no be juju be that?
Re: Would The West Have Expanded Towards Russia If This Man Was Still Alive? by grandstar(m): 7:33am On Jan 21, 2022
neuf:

why shouldn't NATO accept Ukraine?

if it fits into their agenda of stopping Russian expansion then to that I say kaboom!

Russia will simply destabilize Ukraine. Putin does not give a damn. That is what should be put into consideration. It will Ukraine in ruins.

Sadly for Ukraine, its prime problem is corruption and mismanagement, partly influenced by Russia's support and protection of these fat cats. Ukraine's goal now should be rapid economic growth and not Russia.
Re: Would The West Have Expanded Towards Russia If This Man Was Still Alive? by orisa37: 7:46am On Jan 21, 2022
DIPLOMACY IS ABOUT WHICH BEST WAY FORWARD FOR ALL HUMANKIND.

THAT'S WHY THE SECURITY COUNCIL OF THE UN MUST BE ALIVE TO ITS FULL RESPONSIBILITIES AND ERADICATE THE BREEDING OF PANDEMICS FROM ANY QUARTER.
Re: Would The West Have Expanded Towards Russia If This Man Was Still Alive? by MangekyoAlt: 7:48am On Jan 21, 2022
Quiny32323:

That's why I advised you to research and not to visit wikipedia, someone like you uploaded that material. Russia was never on the Japanese soil so the pressure couldn't have been that much for them to surrender but picture 2 cities being destroyed totally in quick succession by what you can't explain and you still want to fight, no be juju be that?
Are you an idiot? If you're not a bastard, then stop replying me with trash
USSR forces had defeated 800k troops Japan positioned in North Korea and other countries close to them. They conducted amphibious landings in Tokyo. The reason why the surrendered was because, unlike USA that wanted them to surrender and end the war, Stalin was coming to conquer them and annex any lands his troops are able to fully take over there in Japan. Japan and Soviet Union had been fighting even before the war. They took lands from USSR sef. After the war, Stalin still took lands from them, like the kuril island amongst others. They would've taking much more from them. They knew this and that is why they surrendered immediately.
I don't expect you to reply me since that your coconut brain is empty. You don't know shit
Re: Would The West Have Expanded Towards Russia If This Man Was Still Alive? by neuf(m): 7:53am On Jan 21, 2022
grandstar:

Russia will simply destabilize Ukraine. Putin does not give a damn. That is what should be put into consideration. It will Ukraine in ruins.

Sadly for Ukraine, its prime problem is corruption and mismanagement, partly influenced by Russia's support and protection of these fat cats. Ukraine's goal now should be rapid economic growth and not Russia.

did you read what you wrote?

none of that explains why Ukraine shouldn't join NATO.
Or you don't know that if and when Ukraine do join NATO, Russian interference will cease to exist as they will be covered under Article 5 of the NATO accord
Re: Would The West Have Expanded Towards Russia If This Man Was Still Alive? by neuf(m): 7:56am On Jan 21, 2022
MangekyoAlt:

USSR forces had defeated 800k troops Japan positioned in North Korea and other countries close to them. They conducted amphibious landings in Tokyo. The reason why the surrendered was because, unlike USA that wanted them to surrender and end the war, Stalin was coming to conquer them and annex any lands his troops are able to fully take over there in Japan. Japan and Soviet Union had been fighting even before the war. They took lands from USSR sef. After the war, Stalin still took lands from them, like the kuril island amongst others. They would've taking much more from them. They knew this and that is why they surrendered immediately.
I don't expect you to reply me since that your coconut brain is empty. You don't know shit

wow! you guys have moved from Russia won WW2 and now moved into Japan too.
cool.... so in the next decade, North Africa Italy will soon join the context too.
Nice!
keep it up, I like the enthusiasm
Re: Would The West Have Expanded Towards Russia If This Man Was Still Alive? by orisa37: 8:04am On Jan 21, 2022
TRUMP WAS ABOUT SCORING A POINT ON THIS ISSUE UNTIL THE DEMOCRATS "DABARU"AND MISCONSTRUED HIS INTENTIONS.
Re: Would The West Have Expanded Towards Russia If This Man Was Still Alive? by MangekyoAlt: 8:39am On Jan 21, 2022
neuf:

wow! you guys have moved from Russia won WW2 and now moved into Japan too.
cool.... so in the next decade, North Africa Italy will soon join the context too.
Nice!
keep it up, I like the enthusiasm
Russia won the world War 2 when they defeated Germany who started the war. Sit down! I am saying "one" of the main reasons why Japan surrendered was because USSR declared war on them and attacked them. The facts are there in any history book not written by westerners who've been paid to cover them. As well as there are fools like you who believe Japan surrendered immediately USA dropped the bomb. There are also mórons who think USA wOn ThE wW2.
Re: Would The West Have Expanded Towards Russia If This Man Was Still Alive? by grandstar(m): 11:22am On Jan 21, 2022
neuf:

did you read what you wrote?

none of that explains why Ukraine shouldn't join NATO.
Or you don't know that if and when Ukraine do join NATO, Russian interference will cease to exist as they will be covered under Article 5 of the NATO accord

How do you know Russia won't still invade despite that?

Countries like Iran and China have repeatedly shown they want to be feared and respected in their backyard.

Americans soldiers encountered nightmares from Iranian backed militias. You'd have thought Iran would be pleased that a Shia government was now in office after toppling Sunni Saddam Hussein. No. They wanted Americans never to venture into their backyard ever again.

China did same in Vietnam. They supplied the Vietcongs with enough weapons to force the Americans out of Vietnam.

Now, history is repeating itself. All Russia has to do is back "separatist" fighters with weapons and make the country a war zone, sending a cryptic message to other satellite states having such intentions.
Re: Would The West Have Expanded Towards Russia If This Man Was Still Alive? by neuf(m): 12:42pm On Jan 21, 2022
grandstar:

How do you know Russia won't still invade despite that?

Countries like Iran and China have repeatedly shown they want to be feared and respected in their backyard.

Americans soldiers encountered nightmares from Iranian backed militias. You'd have thought Iran would be pleased that a Shia government was now in office after toppling Sunni Saddam Hussein. No. They wanted Americans never to venture into their backyard ever again.

China did same in Vietnam. They supplied the Vietcongs with enough weapons to force the Americans out of Vietnam.

Now, history is repeating itself. All Russia has to do is back "separatist" fighters with weapons and make the country a war zone, sending a cryptic message to other satellite states having such intentions.

first you should have at least read what article 5 means but writing long epistle.

Iran and China... that's funny.. Iraq is now stable and enjoying democracy, who do you think did that?

US were never occupying Vietnam, like where do you people read history from? The joined the Vietnam War backing the side that was pro-democracy.
Do you know how many countries in the SCS are pro-America at the moment??

Read the article 5 first then you'd know why it favors Ukraine to join NATO
Re: Would The West Have Expanded Towards Russia If This Man Was Still Alive? by neuf(m): 12:43pm On Jan 21, 2022
MangekyoAlt:

Russia won the world War 2 when they defeated Germany who started the war. Sit down! I am saying "one" of the main reasons why Japan surrendered was because USSR declared war on them and attacked them. The facts are there in any history book not written by westerners who've been paid to cover them. As well as there are fools like you who believe Japan surrendered immediately USA dropped the bomb. There are also mórons who think USA wOn ThE wW2.

so enlightened us how Russia won the German Navy and the German Airforce. I want to correct some misinformation on my end
Re: Would The West Have Expanded Towards Russia If This Man Was Still Alive? by Quiny32323: 1:31pm On Jan 21, 2022
MangekyoAlt:

I never knew I was exchanging views with a lunatic that can copy n paste. Idiot bye.
Re: Would The West Have Expanded Towards Russia If This Man Was Still Alive? by Quiny32323: 1:35pm On Jan 21, 2022
What baffles me now is how a mad man opened a thread and sane minds where busy trying to correct his madness.
Re: Would The West Have Expanded Towards Russia If This Man Was Still Alive? by Just40: 4:15pm On Jan 21, 2022
Idiko1:

It was mother nature and pressure exerted on the Nazi from the western front which saved St Petersburg. Russia was like Poland and other fallen European countries which could not withstand the speed of technologically advanced Nazi forces.
the western front did absolutely nothing... It was the intelligence and fighting spirit of the Russians that defeated Nazi Germany

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dollar Dropped From 865 To 725 In Two Days (photo) / Ondo Election: Lawrence Ewhrudjakpo Heads PDP Election Committee / FG Okays N2.2bn Party, Events Hall For Aso Villa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.