Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,385 members, 7,830,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:48 PM

Nnamdi Kanu’s Victory In Court Today: The Last Of My Predictions Also Came Throu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnamdi Kanu’s Victory In Court Today: The Last Of My Predictions Also Came Throu (386 Views)

Angry “Spirits Of Whirlwind” Also Came To Participate In The Election / Sowore Appears In Court Today (Photos) / More Photos of Peter Obi In Court Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nnamdi Kanu’s Victory In Court Today: The Last Of My Predictions Also Came Throu by xborr(m): 10:18pm On Jan 19, 2022
NNAMDI KANU’S VICTORY IN COURT TODAY: THE LAST OF MY PREDICTIONS ALSO CAME THROUGH
(By Emeka Ugwuonye, Esquire)

https://trendsdynamics..com/2022/01/nnamdi-kanus-victory-in-court-today.html?m=1

It might have come to you as a surprise, but not to me. My analysis showed me clearly, many months ago, that Nnamdi Kanu’s best legal approach was to hammer on the specific acts of Nigerian government that violated his rights – including the invasion of his mome in 2017 by the Nigerian military and the rendition from Kenya. That was the counter-game that his lawyers could play. Anything else was just chasing after the government in government’s own game.

Interestingly, one of Nnamdi Kanu’s lawyers, Barrister Aloy Ejimakor, was reasoning in the same direction as I was, even though without any communication with me. As a seasoned international lawyer, Ejimakor understood that to take the legal battle outside the pre-planned strategy of Nigerian Government, he had to focus on the violations of the rights of Nnamdi, rather than just trying to defend the criminals charges. That was exactly what he did with the fundamental rights application he filed in Abia State High Court.

Before the Nigerian Government lawyers realized the masterplan, Ejimakor was miles ahead. And today, he scored the first and the biggest legal victory to be won by Nnamdi Kanu in his entire ordeal with the Nigerian Government. I predicted, and it came to pass, that the Court would declare Nnamdi’s rendition unlawful and illegal, and that the court would award damages. The court did award damages in billions. That was brilliant on the part of Barrister Ejimakor.

What happened today in Abia High Court shows again that if you follow the wrong strategy, you can spend years without winning much. In all these years that Ifeanyi Ejiofor has been following the wrong strategy, what has he won? He won the verbal and propaganda war among the members of IPOB. But real victory has constantly eluded him. However, with a brilliant strategy, Aloy Ejimakor won a tangible victory today, both in terms of substantive legal positioning and by way of humongous damage award. The difference between Ejimakor and the rest is clear. Those of you following my predictions would admit that I have been very clear on this and I said it would happen this way. It is now for Nnamdi Kanu and his family to know which lawyer delivers tangible results and which lawyer delivers noise and confusion.

Going forward, what does today’s victory mean for Nnamdi Kanu’s case? It means a lot. A foundation has been laid for future victories. Let’s consider the following points:

(1) The finding by the court that the military invasion of Nnamdi Kanu’s house in 2017 was illegal now strengths Nnamdi’ argument that he did not jump bail, that he only escaped from a military assault. In so far as the court has determined that the military presence in his compound was illegal, it is now valid to say that his escape from Nigeria was justified. And if Nnamdi Kanu’s escape has been determined to be justified, then he did not jump bail. And if he did not jump bail, he deserves another bail now. That is the power of today’s judgment. Thanks to Aloy Ejimakor’s strategy and dilligence.

(2) Today’s judgment actually found the Nigerian Government to have been unjust, wrong, immoral, and acting unlawfully in its treatment of Nnamdi Kanu. That is a very powerful moral booster for Nnamdi Kanu, his cause and his supporters. They can now point at the judgment as their evidence that the Government has not been honest in its dealings. The judgment is actually a floodlight in a dark tunnel. It could be a rallying point for a group that has been so thoroughly decimated over the years. It will help them regroup and to raise funds. Can you imagine what it means for the Nigerian Army and the Federal of Government of Nigeria to apologize to Nnamdi Kanu, which means apologizing to the Igbos, to Biafrans. That is a very big one.

(3) Also, today’s victory will strengthen the diplomatic and political options toward resolution. Indeed, today’s judgment can be used to strengthen the move by Ohaneze. The judgment placed a stinking mud on the face of President Buhari. It weakens his position and robs his argument of all merits. And an intervener like Ohaneze can go back to the President and resubmit the political option. And this time, they will be doing the President a favor, not just saving Nnamdi Kanu. The President now needs help. He needs help to remove the mud on the face of his administration. And diplomatically, international community looking at today’s judgment are now in position to pressure Nigerian Government to obey the orders of the High Court. When the courts of your country has found you to be in violation of the law, the government cannot go on pretending to be justified in its pursuit of Nnamdi Kanu. Indeed, today’s judgment tends to turn the prosecution of Nnamdi Kanu into a blatant persecution. I cannot believe that the Nigerian government lawyers allowed themselves to lose the case in Abia High Court.

(4) Finally, today’s victory will feature in almost every defense Nnamdi Kanu would have to the criminal charges against him. Rather than the criminal the charges wanted to make of him, today’s judgment tends to make him a hero and makes him look like a man defending himself against a vicious government that violated his rights.

It is all to the brilliance of Aloy Ejimakor. Today’s judgment was a great achievement and I am happy to say that I predicted it just as it turned out.

Even though Nigerian Government will appeal against this judgment, it is too late. Nnamdi Kanu is now entitled to an apology from the same Attorney General that called him a criminal.

https://trendsdynamics..com/2022/01/nnamdi-kanus-victory-in-court-today.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Victory In Court Today: The Last Of My Predictions Also Came Throu by Venymen(m): 10:20pm On Jan 19, 2022
Just ftc am ok

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Victory In Court Today: The Last Of My Predictions Also Came Throu by sanny1(m): 10:24pm On Jan 19, 2022
Are u in law firm? Your write up seems tragabuteratic butaya to read
Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Victory In Court Today: The Last Of My Predictions Also Came Throu by mymadam(m): 10:27pm On Jan 19, 2022
Emeka, nna, u say wetin?
Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Victory In Court Today: The Last Of My Predictions Also Came Throu by gidgiddy: 10:29pm On Jan 19, 2022
More important than the money is that the courts have declared the military invasion of Kanu's house as illegal and a miscarriage of justice

(1) (Reply)

IPOB, Boko Haram, Bandits Panic As Buhari Vows To Crush Terrorists / Obaseki And Edo Constituecies Without Representatives. / Anambra State Family Commends Kanu, Igboho For Stopping Islamization Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.