Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,818 members, 7,810,145 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:38 PM

AFCON 2021: Peseiro Has Not Signed Contract To Take Over From Eguavoen – NFF - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / AFCON 2021: Peseiro Has Not Signed Contract To Take Over From Eguavoen – NFF (17594 Views)

No AFCON Target For Eguavoen - NFF / NFF Appoints Jose Peseiro As Super Eagles New Coach / Gattuso Warns Napoli Fans Over Osimhen Expectation, Says We Have Not Signed Pele (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

AFCON 2021: Peseiro Has Not Signed Contract To Take Over From Eguavoen – NFF by adenigga(m): 5:07am On Jan 21, 2022

The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) has claimed Jose Peseiro has not signed any contract to take over the national team after the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations.

Augustine Eguavoen, who is currently the NFF technical director, was put in charge of the team after Gernot Rohr was fired.

The former defender has led the Super Eagles to three straight victories at the AFCON, despite having barely two weeks to train the team.

However, days after Eguavoen’s appointment, Peseiro was announced as the man to take over after the tournament.

The 61-year-old was expected to be in Cameroon as an observer prior to taking over for the World Cup qualifiers in March, but has not travelled.

“He is not in Cameroon because we have not signed a contract with him yet.

“If he had signed a contract, he would have definitely been in Cameroon as planned.

“We are managing the public trust. So we have to look at what the people want and we also know what we want as well.

“What we all agree on is that we want the team to do well, to play good football, to make Nigerians happy and to win trophies,” a member of the NFF executive council who does not want to be named, told ESPN.

Source: https://dailypost.ng/AFCON-2021-Peseiro-has-not-signed-contract-to-take-over-from-Eguavoen-NFF-reveals

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: AFCON 2021: Peseiro Has Not Signed Contract To Take Over From Eguavoen – NFF by slawormiir: 5:14am On Jan 21, 2022
Damnnn niggar

Isoright.....

It looks like peseiro will never sign that contract

Because after this nations cup We are gonna keep eguavoen

Qatar 2022....we move

164 Likes 12 Shares

Re: AFCON 2021: Peseiro Has Not Signed Contract To Take Over From Eguavoen – NFF by Nobody: 5:15am On Jan 21, 2022
Please the NFF should sign contract with Eguavoen, he is good let's give him our support.

Please I need someone who can assist me to be back in my building material business again, I based in Anambra state.
I will accept any terms and conditions,

God bless.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: AFCON 2021: Peseiro Has Not Signed Contract To Take Over From Eguavoen – NFF by emmabest2000(m): 5:15am On Jan 21, 2022
Dem don start again

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: AFCON 2021: Peseiro Has Not Signed Contract To Take Over From Eguavoen – NFF by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:15am On Jan 21, 2022
He better not sign!!

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: AFCON 2021: Peseiro Has Not Signed Contract To Take Over From Eguavoen – NFF by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:15am On Jan 21, 2022
Make una Leave us with our Augustine biko.....

Jamming to this song this early morning at Birabi Street, GRA Port Harcourt right now.......

*singin*

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: AFCON 2021: Peseiro Has Not Signed Contract To Take Over From Eguavoen – NFF by richard870(m): 5:15am On Jan 21, 2022
Ok
Re: AFCON 2021: Peseiro Has Not Signed Contract To Take Over From Eguavoen – NFF by sammysneh(m): 5:16am On Jan 21, 2022
Na so
Re: AFCON 2021: Peseiro Has Not Signed Contract To Take Over From Eguavoen – NFF by Nobody: 5:16am On Jan 21, 2022
At this stage of Nigeria's football advancement, we should focus on harnessing local talents instead of spending millions on foreign coaches.

Look at how much we wasted on Rohr, without any result, for years!

If a national body like the NFF doesn't believe in the country, why should ordinary Nigerians believe in the country? angry

48 Likes 6 Shares

Re: AFCON 2021: Peseiro Has Not Signed Contract To Take Over From Eguavoen – NFF by Christane: 5:16am On Jan 21, 2022
eguavoen shud be employ on a permanent basis .. during dis short time he av been able to turn d super Eagles to a world class team ...I wish dem success in their forthcoming match.

6 Likes

Re: AFCON 2021: Peseiro Has Not Signed Contract To Take Over From Eguavoen – NFF by amiibaby(f): 5:17am On Jan 21, 2022
Ok
Re: AFCON 2021: Peseiro Has Not Signed Contract To Take Over From Eguavoen – NFF by ekesunday(m): 5:19am On Jan 21, 2022
Good. If Eguavon go ahead to win the trophy then he should be allowed to continue his job .

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: AFCON 2021: Peseiro Has Not Signed Contract To Take Over From Eguavoen – NFF by Shorsky1(m): 5:19am On Jan 21, 2022
I think we should give the present coach a chance because he is really doing well.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: AFCON 2021: Peseiro Has Not Signed Contract To Take Over From Eguavoen – NFF by laytoshtwo: 5:19am On Jan 21, 2022

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: AFCON 2021: Peseiro Has Not Signed Contract To Take Over From Eguavoen – NFF by sammysneh(m): 5:20am On Jan 21, 2022
Na so,success gets many friends if he was not delivering we won’t hear this kind of talk

We should appreciate our local coaches here in Africa that foreign coach is a rukky and he won’t perform but we not learn here in Nigeria

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: AFCON 2021: Peseiro Has Not Signed Contract To Take Over From Eguavoen – NFF by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:20am On Jan 21, 2022
Loewe:
The NFF is the number 1 obstacle to the development of football in Nigeria. At this stage of Nigeria's football advancement, we should focus on harnessing local talents instead of spending millions on foreign coaches.

Look at how much we wasted on Rohr, without any result, for years!

If a national body like the NFF doesn't believe in the country, why should ordinary Nigerians believe in the country? angry
Don't mind those set of nicom.......

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: AFCON 2021: Peseiro Has Not Signed Contract To Take Over From Eguavoen – NFF by hollywater: 5:21am On Jan 21, 2022
Indigenous coach is the best. Stop bringing rejected coaches from Europe.

8 Likes

Re: AFCON 2021: Peseiro Has Not Signed Contract To Take Over From Eguavoen – NFF by lexy2014: 5:22am On Jan 21, 2022

2 Likes

Re: AFCON 2021: Peseiro Has Not Signed Contract To Take Over From Eguavoen – NFF by confirmerg(m): 5:23am On Jan 21, 2022
The truth is that Eguavoen will not carry world cup to Nigeria and peserio will not carry world cup either, so why not leaving Eguavoen that will improve the team and cost us less.

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: AFCON 2021: Peseiro Has Not Signed Contract To Take Over From Eguavoen – NFF by adenigga(m): 5:26am On Jan 21, 2022
laytoshtwo:

The only way to steal money is foreign coach.
grin grin

3 Likes

Re: AFCON 2021: Peseiro Has Not Signed Contract To Take Over From Eguavoen – NFF by zeusdgrt(m): 5:31am On Jan 21, 2022
Yeye people,make una leave Austin for us.A foreign coach when nor know right from left

2 Likes

Re: AFCON 2021: Peseiro Has Not Signed Contract To Take Over From Eguavoen – NFF by AntiChristian: 5:32am On Jan 21, 2022
Good news for Austin!

4 Likes

Re: AFCON 2021: Peseiro Has Not Signed Contract To Take Over From Eguavoen – NFF by Impregnable101: 5:33am On Jan 21, 2022
We don't need all these stories now. Let's concentrate on winning the afcon

4 Likes

Re: AFCON 2021: Peseiro Has Not Signed Contract To Take Over From Eguavoen – NFF by ChocolateWine(f): 5:34am On Jan 21, 2022
confirmerg:
The truth is that Eguavoen will not carry world cup to Nigeria and peserio will not carry world cup either, so why not leaving Eguavoen that will improve the team and cost us less.

Why can't he? With the right assist why can't he? Say we use a good tactical foreign coach as assist. We have enough boys to make this happen.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: AFCON 2021: Peseiro Has Not Signed Contract To Take Over From Eguavoen – NFF by austinvsb: 5:40am On Jan 21, 2022
Keep Austin Eguavon by all means!!! Even if we don't win AFCON, as long as he does well enough in the tournament, keep him!

He obviously understands the players, is a very good tactician, and to make matters sweetest, he is our son (A Nigerian)! Keep him!

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: AFCON 2021: Peseiro Has Not Signed Contract To Take Over From Eguavoen – NFF by Nobody: 5:44am On Jan 21, 2022
That's good. If they're going to let Eguavon be a permanent coach then he needs to satisfy the demands. Good football, whooping Goal scoring, Strong and tight defending, Winning trophies.

Eguavon has only achieved two, which are Good football and tight defending. As for goal scoring, I'm not impressed. All the strikers selected for this tournament are poor. There's nothing that is more worrying in football than having a blunt striker. They can't score easily, therefore wasting the labours of the defenders, midfielders and wingers. From the last match, even Ekong a defender has to come forward to score.

If I'm a coach, you miss one, two, three good chances as a striker then you're out.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: AFCON 2021: Peseiro Has Not Signed Contract To Take Over From Eguavoen – NFF by LollySeaSide: 5:46am On Jan 21, 2022
holyidol:
Please the NFF should sign contract with Egoavoen, he is good let's give him our support.

Please I need someone who can assist me to be back in my building material business again, I based in Anambra state.
I will accept any terms and conditions,

God bless.
Really @ the bolded?
Even your left ball for dessert?
Be careful what you wish for.

6 Likes

Re: AFCON 2021: Peseiro Has Not Signed Contract To Take Over From Eguavoen – NFF by ACCURETE(m): 5:49am On Jan 21, 2022
laytoshtwo:

lipsrsealed
laytoshtwo:

I swear

1 Like

Re: AFCON 2021: Peseiro Has Not Signed Contract To Take Over From Eguavoen – NFF by Nobody: 5:51am On Jan 21, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

Isoright.....

It looks like peseiro will never sign that contract

Because after this nations cup We are gonna keep eguavoen

Qatar 2022....we move

When is the world cup starting?

1 Like

Re: AFCON 2021: Peseiro Has Not Signed Contract To Take Over From Eguavoen – NFF by DSC7: 5:56am On Jan 21, 2022
Lolsssss cheesy cheesy...

NFF don collect Backlash music don change grin grin....

I fear who no Fear Naija Online warriors....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: AFCON 2021: Peseiro Has Not Signed Contract To Take Over From Eguavoen – NFF by supereagle(m): 6:00am On Jan 21, 2022
Thanks be to God.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

So Anthony Joshua Is A Muslim? (photo) / Mkhitaryan Completes Deadline Loan Move To Roma / World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria May Draw Ghana, Cameroon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.