Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,707 members, 7,809,690 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:14 PM

Am I Wrong ??? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Am I Wrong ??? (2004 Views)

was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? / I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? / A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am I Wrong ??? by Vyolet(f): 6:28pm On Jan 21, 2022
This African marriage life sef no just balance, Husband will err, wife gets the blame for everything grin.
A man has chosen to live irresponsibly, yet the wife getting blamed.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Am I Wrong ??? by thorpido(m): 6:29pm On Jan 21, 2022
@Op,you're not being fair to your SIL.She's the one who is hurt in all this.Her actions are her own best way of dealing with the situation though not the best.
An innocent child is in this picture and doesn't deserve to suffer for her parents' misdemeanor.She should understand that.
Keep showing your niece love and do the best you can.Your SIL will come around someday when maturity sets in.
As for your BIL,he should man up and take responsibility.

1 Like

Re: Am I Wrong ??? by Preciousppearl(f): 6:36pm On Jan 21, 2022
Ciscodollards:

No I don't blame her for his cheating because he is old enough, he choose to break the vow he have made to his wife but I blame her for not allowing him to be in his child life. Back in 2018 when the baby was 3 months we had a family meetings and their pastor was also there so they have an agreement he will be sending upkeep money every month which he have never done. Later on he told my sister that his wife doesnt want him to have a relationship with the child but my sister told him he should no matter what. So far for 4 years he hasn't done anything for the child and if it is not for my sister who is sending money whenever she can. So yes he is doing so to protect his marriage and I don't know why she hasn't been to court yet and I can't answer for her
I only answered based on what I know about.
a man that wants to be in the life of his child will try his best even if his wife raises hell. Your bro is irresponsible, he just doesn't want to be in the life of that child he should stop blaming his wife for his actions.

2 Likes

Re: Am I Wrong ??? by Foodqueen(f): 9:03pm On Jan 21, 2022
Ciscodollards:

Don't misunderstand me about popping babies I have no problem with that cos children are blessing but all I was trynna say is if she has forgiven the cheater to the extend of adding Two more kids in less than two years with c section and why is she finding hard to acknowledge the child and allow us to have a relationship with her without her blocking us. Don't you think she should transfer her aggression to her husband who broke the vow he made to her and not us. Anyway I think I should do the same thing as my sister did is to ignore and focus on other things. My brother and sis are not in good terms cos of this same issue

Marriage is deeper than what u think.

Your brother is not a fool. He chooses his marriage over a love child.

If his wife have chosen to leave, maybe he would av been miserable. That's the sacrifice he made for cheating.

Let them be. It's not easy seeing a reminder of your husband's infidelity staring straight at you.

Your parents understands better.

Is your sister married?

How would she av reacted if her hubby cheats and av a child outside.

For you, someday you will understand.

Ta ba ni ko kan wa o....a o leso...
Ta ba ni ko kan wa.......

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Wrong ??? by Oyiboman69: 9:52pm On Jan 21, 2022
Ciscodollards:
Hello guys pls help me judge this matter. My elder brother had a child with his side chick , his wife has forgiven but she hate anyone being involved with the child. For like 3 years we haven't been involved with her cos of my sister in law even my parents are afraid to welcome their grand child and they have told us to do the same for peice to reign, but my elder sister who is married said we cannot reject our blood just to make her happy and she see the child every weekend and holidays she spend it at her place and my sister in law doesn't talk to her anymore. Me too I have decided to start seeing her cos we can't neglect our blood just for her and it was my niece 4th birthday this 16th January my other brother and I took her to a restaurant and we snapped a lot of pictures which I have posted on my WhatsApp, boom my sister in law blocked me.
She have three children one is 2 years younger than my niece and she is due for her fourth baby in March, if she has forgiven her husband to the extend of having two more kids I don't understand why she hate the little girl so much. She should be treating her like her own children
Is it right for her to stop us from seeing our niece?
how is your own brother treating the child?. Its not a yardstick for you though, just asking. whatever she thinks is left with her...you people should ignore her and her selfishness
Re: Am I Wrong ??? by eyinjuege: 10:25pm On Jan 21, 2022
She hasn't stopped you from getting in touch with the child though. She has no power over that.
What she has power over is not associating with you, and that is the path she has chosen.
Respect that and do you boo.
Be in your niece's life.
It's wrong of you to also assume She should treat the child like hers, especially when she's not ready to. You don't force these issues.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Wrong ??? by eyinjuege: 10:32pm On Jan 21, 2022
Ciscodollards:

Nobody want her to accommodate the child that but my point is why doesn't she want us to have a relationship with our niece . We were in good terms no problem at all but after I posted her pics she blocked me , it is not fair na

Why is her blocking paining you so much?
Is friendship by force?
How has her blocking reduced your self worth or your akant balance?
Please, do what your conscience allows.
And let her deal with her own conscience too.
Secondly, I think the woman is also ashamed that her husband stepped out on her.
You, his relatives posting such pictures publicly is further announcing the humiliation she feels.
Her friends, relatives, acquintances may not yet know about the crisis in her marriage and such information on Facebook about your niece from another woman will only bring hard questions her way. Questions she may not be ready to answer for now. Until she's ready to deal with the hurt and pain, she won't bring that child close. Even the child's mother won't allow that.
Your parents probably understand this hence are careful about what's put on social media.
She will be alright last last

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Wrong ??? by Twenty8: 10:42pm On Jan 21, 2022
Richy4:

Did we read the same thing or is our brains wired differently from different Electricians? we are talking about a child... a 3yr old Innocent child...That an irresponsible sperm donor abandoned..

If she can forgive the randy man, why is she finding it difficult to tolerate anyone that looked the way of an innocent child, that did not asked to be in such situation in the first place...

Any one that disliked an innocent child that did nothing to them is a witch/ wizard in my own book...And that sister inlaw should double check if she was one... she liked her own children but would not take an eye to see another child being pampered the way kids should (not that the husband was the one doing it in the first place)....Is that not witchcraft?

All her grievances should be on the husband who defiled their marital vow...
And based on your question, she has the right to file for a divorce on grounds of infidelity... but since she wasn't doing that, she should learn to breathe before she get choked for lack of air
So u think she'll just pretend as if nothing happened and accept the child?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Wrong ??? by Klass99(f): 11:16pm On Jan 21, 2022

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Am I Wrong ??? by SoaringLife01: 11:44pm On Jan 21, 2022
Things dey happen sha.
Wife wen dem marry come family dey dictate give full family not to relate with their blood.That one na 'egha'.My fellow Urhobos understand me better.
That your elder sister na sist she be. She na egbe wedger.
You, OP , you try too.One chilled 10Naira Ice cream for you.
As for your brother, tell am sey make he man up,make he noh dey zozo.He already make the mistake and make he make sure sey he take care of he daughter.
That girl fit become the glory of una family in future.
Re: Am I Wrong ??? by NoToPile: 1:46am On Jan 22, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Your brother does not even pay a kobo for the child's upkeep, not even undercover but na the wife issues you dey query instead? undecided

Inlaws will always be Inlaws grin

They can't call their brother to order to at least drop chop money for the child, it's the wife that is handling the issue the best way she deems fit they are accusing.

Handle your blood the way you want to.

Then let her handle the matter the way she wants to. No be ordinary block she block una shuu, it's not like she's maltreating the girl or something.

Leave her now, you are even saying shebi she's forgiven, woo just drop matter oo.

Face your brother call him to order to be responsible for his child.,leave his wife alone.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Wrong ??? by Richy4(m): 6:24am On Jan 22, 2022
Twenty8:
So u think she'll just pretend as if nothing happened and accept the child?

No one says she should accept or not to accept her...
What I am saying is that she should locate the appropriate person or persons to channel her displeasure on... not on the innocent kid or the people trying to be in the life of an innocent child irrespective of the circumstances surrounding her birth....

Nairaland is full of gender based biased individuals (Male/female), ... we are talking about a little girl here... People should keep their gender based differences aside when a kid is involved... Though I am glad that OP has promised to continue what she was doing...

5 Likes

Re: Am I Wrong ??? by Twenty8: 11:05am On Jan 22, 2022
Richy4:

No one says she should accept or not to accept her...
What I am saying is that she should locate the appropriate person or persons to channel her displeasure on... not on the innocent kid or the people trying to be in the life of an innocent child irrespective of the circumstances surrounding her birth....

Nairaland is full of gender based biased individuals (Male/female), ... we are talking about a little girl here... People should keep their gender based differences aside when a kid is involved... Though I am glad that OP has promised to continue what she was doing...

Our actions/inactions will always have consequences on us and it will definitely affect others too, just like we're not the one who ate the fruit at the garden of Eden and are feeling the heat. Truly the little girl is not at fault but will affect her too.
Re: Am I Wrong ??? by alpontif(m): 12:06pm On Jan 22, 2022
A Man, a Real Man should understand that his responsibility is primarily to his Children, his blood, as such, that your brother is the Wicked Person.

I will not even blame the wife, women are expected to react that way, only the very few among them that has the holy spirit living in them will be able to show live to anything other than their own offspring.

By not providing for the Child, by listening to his wife, your brother has committed grievous errors,and basically he is still a Simp.

He made a terrible mistake by impregnating another woman, he is now compounding that mistake by refusing to recognise or care for his biological child that he has a spiritual responsibility to, all in the name of trying to please the wife.

If he is not careful, that Child will be the only glorious child in his family, and will surpass all the others, if you try to be unfair in how you deal with innocent souls, Powerful entities have a way of balancing the equation in a manner that will not please you at the end of the day. He is sinning against the innocent child, against himself, against his God by continuing to ignore the Chid because of the wife.

It is not too late, he should man up, recognise the child, build a relationship with the child, provide for the child and make sure that the world sees that he took ownership and responsibility for the sake of natural justice to the Child..

Continuing on this path will cause issues for his wife's children in future, I have seen this play out in many cases.

Your brother should be a man. Men, Real Men fear no one, they are only accountable to God and their Conscience.. He should do the right thing, even if it will make his wife unhappy. Better that the wife is unhappy, than an innocent child's spirit be angry with him.

4 Likes

Re: Am I Wrong ??? by Ciscodollards(f): 12:25pm On Jan 22, 2022
alpontif:
A Man, a Real Man should understand that his responsibility is primarily to his Children, his blood, as such, that your brother is the Wicked Person.

I will not even blame the wife, women are expected to react that way, only the very few among them that has the holy spirit living in them will be able to show live to anything other than their own offspring.

By not providing for the Child, by listening to his wife, your brother has committed grievous errors,and basically he is still a Simp.

He made a terrible mistake by impregnating another woman, he is now compounding that mistake by refusing to recognise or care for his biological child that he has a spiritual responsibility to, all in the name of trying to please the wife.

If he is not careful, that Child will be the only glorious child in his family, and will surpass all the others, if you try to be unfair in how you deal with innocent souls, Powerful entities have a way of balancing the equation in a manner that will not please you at the end of the day. He is sinning against the innocent child, against himself, against his God by continuing to ignore the Chid because of the wife.

It is not too late, he should man up, recognise the child, build a relationship with the child, provide for the child and make sure that the world sees that he took ownership and responsibility for the sake of natural justice to the Child..

Continuing on this path will cause issues for his wife's children in future, I have seen this play out in many cases.

Your brother should be a man. Men, Real Men fear no one, they are only accountable to God and their Conscience.. He should do the right thing, even if it will make his wife unhappy. Better that the wife is unhappy, than an innocent child's spirit be angry with him.

Thank you so much. You have spoken well , I agree with everything you have said

2 Likes

Re: Am I Wrong ??? by ststyreal(f): 11:31pm On Jan 22, 2022
GboyegaD:

What pains ma? To the point of fighting whoever has a relationship with the child? Wickedness has no other name than what her actions portray.
Untill you walk in her shoe, then I have nothing to say to you. Your brother deserves all he is getting from his wife. So you people should let his wife be...
Re: Am I Wrong ??? by Fatiaaa: 3:30pm On Jan 24, 2022
I believe she is d one feeding all of you dat make you give her so much importance if not ur family should all block and reject her

4 Likes

Re: Am I Wrong ??? by adebayo3449(m): 3:38pm On Jan 24, 2022
1. Just behave like you don't know she is angry or fighting with you.
She is not serious.

2. You can however talk to her and let her know it will be unfair for you guys to not accept the girl and perform your duties. She should forgive and try to Forget. If she refuse, please ignore her.

3 Likes

Re: Am I Wrong ??? by adebayo3449(m): 3:57pm On Jan 24, 2022
Foodqueen:

Marriage is deeper than what u think.

Your brother is not a fool. He chooses his marriage over a love child.

If his wife have chosen to leave, maybe he would av been miserable. That's the sacrifice he made for cheating.

Let them be. It's not easy seeing a reminder of your husband's infidelity staring straight at you.

Your parents understands better.

Is your sister married?

How would she av reacted if her hubby cheats and av a child outside.

For you, someday you will understand.

Ta ba ni ko kan wa o....a o leso...
Ta ba ni ko kan wa.......
So, what do you advise they do.
Since you are only considering the situation of the wife alone.

See boss, the deed has been done, it's either the wife accept it or not, tho we understand the mistakes of the husband and how she felt.

Apart from the sorry, if she wants them to ignore the child, I think she should leave instead.
Rubbish

1 Like

Re: Am I Wrong ??? by Jesslove(f): 10:03pm On Jan 24, 2022
Your sister in law na winch

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Help Me Am In The Middle Of The Red Sea / Is This Behavior Appropriate To Teach Children?; Please vote / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.