Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,214 members, 7,867,526 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 05:46 PM

What Did PDP Do To Deserve The Loyalty Of Igbos? By Fredrick Nwabufo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Did PDP Do To Deserve The Loyalty Of Igbos? By Fredrick Nwabufo (2007 Views)

Did PDP Pay N95m For Campaign Venue In Rivers? - Fact Check / Did PDP Dodge A Bullet By Not Fielding Wike As VP. / Zamfara Supreme Court Judgement: Did PDP Meet The Constitutional Requirement? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Did PDP Do To Deserve The Loyalty Of Igbos? By Fredrick Nwabufo by adekolaelect(m): 10:25am On Jan 22, 2022
Donclaracuzo:

Your stupidity is what you brought on the table. Thinking that ndi Igbo hates Tinubu is an insult to ndi Igbo. Have you heard or seen any Igbo group coming out to tell you that the hate your almighty Tinubu or saying an incompetent, tribalist and one with questionable character should not be allowed to handle the affairs of this country at the center is a crime. Ndi Igbo will look into the God's eye and tell him off if the gods messes up talkless of a feather weight like Tinubu.
shut up are you Soo dump that you can not answer a simple question ,"what has he done basically"?? You now resulted saying meaninglessly simply to cover up your stupidity. You are right for saying Igbo don't hate Tinubu I forgot that Igbos don't have Friends in Nigeria eccept those who agree with their stupidities,hatred, Pride,chest beating with both religions and Ethnic bigot in you. I can not be surprised when Ipob members are killing same Igbos who do not comply with sit at home Terrorist declaration in Igbo land and many of you Terrorists online still celebrating it.

2 Likes

Re: What Did PDP Do To Deserve The Loyalty Of Igbos? By Fredrick Nwabufo by Donclaracuzo: 11:53am On Jan 22, 2022
adekolaelect:
shut up are you Soo dump that you can not answer a simple question ,"what has he done basically"?? You now resulted saying meaninglessly simply to cover up your stupidity. You are right for saying Igbo don't hate Tinubu I forgot that Igbos don't have Friends in Nigeria eccept those who agree with their stupidities,hatred, Pride,chest beating with both religions and Ethnic bigot in you. I can not be surprised when Ipob members are killing same Igbos who do not comply with sit at home Terrorist declaration in Igbo land and many of you Terrorists online still celebrating it.

I never knew that I was responding to a terrorist and a child of hate. You can't even talk like one who wishes good for the country rather, a frustrated low life and un informed being that can explode himself at any given time for some assumed virgins
Re: What Did PDP Do To Deserve The Loyalty Of Igbos? By Fredrick Nwabufo by adekolaelect(m): 7:09pm On Jan 22, 2022
Donclaracuzo:

I never knew that I was responding to a terrorist and a child of hate. You can't even talk like one who wishes good for the country rather, a frustrated low life and un informed being that can explode himself at any given time for some assumed virgins
senseless fellow .

Re: What Did PDP Do To Deserve The Loyalty Of Igbos? By Fredrick Nwabufo by oyatz(m): 10:06pm On Jan 23, 2022
Donclaracuzo:

I think, it's you that weren't following up. If you were following up, you would have noticed that I was responding to a statement made by one or you who derive joy in trying to humiliate ndi Igbo.
Moreover, Tinubu is the best bet the Yorubas can offer to Nigeria. But, Nigerians can't continue to be reasoning with their anus all the time by allowing incompetent and tribalist bigot to continue to mess this country up. What we need now is a unifier and not a regional champion. Societies that wants to function doesn't allow such nonsense. You people should stop encouraging nincompoops to look at Nigeria as a place for them to test thier madness and incompetency.

We are in a Democracy, every aspirant is offering himself/herself for the top job.

There is no where the Yorubas gathered together and agreed that a particular candidate should contest for the presidency.

In the election , the electorates will decide whoever they want.

1 Like

Re: What Did PDP Do To Deserve The Loyalty Of Igbos? By Fredrick Nwabufo by Donclaracuzo: 10:50pm On Jan 23, 2022
oyatz:

We are in a Democracy, every aspirant is offering himself/herself for the top job.

There is no where the Yorubas gathered together and agreed that a particular candidate should contest for the presidency.

In the election , the electorates will decide whoever they want.

My brother, you and I know that Tinubu is what the Yorubas are bringing to the table. Yorubas derive joy in playing ethnic politics and support those who champion it for them. Some body like Adesina of ADB cannot be supported by Yorubas in national politics because, he is not an ethnic jingoist.

1 Like

Re: What Did PDP Do To Deserve The Loyalty Of Igbos? By Fredrick Nwabufo by oyatz(m): 10:59pm On Jan 23, 2022
Donclaracuzo:

My brother, you and I know that Tinubu is what the Yorubas are bringing to the table. Yorubas derive joy in playing ethnic politics and support those who champion it for them. Some body like Adesina of ADB cannot be supported by Yorubas in national politics because, he is not an ethnic jingoist.

Try to understand party politics.

Bode George, Senator Babafemi Ojudu, Abimbola Adelakun and many numerous people who have publicly opposed Tinubu are also Yorubas.

You need to understand the differences between APC members and Yorubas.

Dr Akin Adeshina is a cool guy but he is not a party man.

No political parties like to hand over their most coveted and treasured ticket to outsiders.

1 Like

Re: What Did PDP Do To Deserve The Loyalty Of Igbos? By Fredrick Nwabufo by oyatz(m): 10:45pm On Jan 24, 2022
Donclaracuzo:

You still don't get it.

Politicians are NOT in politics because of their tribes and no politician contesting for the presidency is being brought into the contest by his tribe.

1 Like

Re: What Did PDP Do To Deserve The Loyalty Of Igbos? By Fredrick Nwabufo by asanausana91: 11:34pm On Jan 24, 2022
Esseite:
There is no sympathy for the PDP..

Did you really expect massive decamp to APC in 2015, when there was a Jonathan from the southern region?

Did you really expect massive decamp despite Buhari's poor performance?

If APC had performed well in its seven years, it would have made massive inroad into the SE with a clean slate election in 2023, it's unfortunate the reverse is the case as the SE sees it as "we may not have been wrong initially".. while others including some SE persons may have may have come to a conclusion the SE was right all along.

Why play the guilty card on the SE with the biased article like the APC did wonders while pushing a narrative on rewarding persons whom were part and parcel the reason for the terrible economic situation. If they could not help the situation while being in power and extremely close to power, what new thing does one expect ?
you decided to vote for obasanjo of PDP instead of Ojukwu, was it because of APC?
Democracy did not start in 2015.Just tell us what PDP has done to the south east before the coming of APC in 2015 .
Re: What Did PDP Do To Deserve The Loyalty Of Igbos? By Fredrick Nwabufo by asanausana91: 11:44pm On Jan 24, 2022
mrvitalis:
So Igbos should leave PDP for what ? APC ? If there is an alternative then Igbos might consider

The Igbo leaders in APC how have they been treated ? Are they carried along ?

After what APC did and is doing to Igbos in APC u want more to join ?

Why has Joe igbokwe been calm all of a sudden ? Wmh
because you use ESN to burn his house. Ipob has turn the Igbo land to a political prison. The moment you have a different view,your life is at risk. An innocent man was killed infront of his shop just because he had an APC flag in front of his shop in Anambara.
If Joe talk now he will be putting his family members at risk.
There is no freedom in Igbo land again.
Talking bout APC,at least we can see one or two projects going on or completed in Igbo land which the APC government sponsored.
Re: What Did PDP Do To Deserve The Loyalty Of Igbos? By Fredrick Nwabufo by asanausana91: 11:46pm On Jan 24, 2022
Penguin2:
The answer is simple...

For the years that PDP was in power, slept with our eyes closed.

But not so with APC. Had it not been for ESN, I’m sure that fulani backed terrorists shall have overrun the entire Southeast while Buhari would be in Abuja saying “I’m Shocked”.

We choose life over infrastructure.

Who knows, maybe he is raising the infrastructure preparing for when Futa Jalonian itinerants fools will finally take over Igboland so that they can be using it.

PDP never called us 5 percent.

PDP never called us ‘dot in a circle.

Even in our day to day relationships, we would always choose the person that gives us peace of mind and happiness over the rich brat who spoils us with gifts but is toxic and disrespectful and full of himself.

So, there you go...

That’s why we will always choose PDP over APC; worst-still if they mistakenly hand their presidential ticket to Tinubu with his legion of touts.
so what did Ojukwu did to you that you rejected him like that in 2003 election.
Re: What Did PDP Do To Deserve The Loyalty Of Igbos? By Fredrick Nwabufo by asanausana91: 11:49pm On Jan 24, 2022
nzeobi:
PDP never treated igbos as lesser Nigerians.

Tinubu knew his shortest route to become the president is sabotage a Southern president so I think igbos have a better of producing a candidate for presidency in PDP if not now then then in the nearest Future.

When Jonathan was contesting there was no southern presidency but now certain people wants to contest there's suddenly southern presidency.
then why for 22 years PDP had never chose an Igbo man as it presidential candidate?
Re: What Did PDP Do To Deserve The Loyalty Of Igbos? By Fredrick Nwabufo by Nobody: 11:52pm On Jan 24, 2022
asanausana91:
you decided to vote for obasanjo of PDP instead of Ojukwu, was it because of APC?
Democracy did not start in 2015.Just tell us what PDP has done to the south east before the coming of APC in 2015 .

The SE not voting Ojukwu goes to show it's not clannish in nature, but looks out for who the shoe best fits.. if the Leader is right, the Nation would be right while positively affect every region.

- PDP did not give Nigeria an 18% inflation rate..
- PDP did not give Nigeria a 40% unemployment rate..
- PDP did not give Nigeria country wide Banditry and kidnapping.

1 Like

Re: What Did PDP Do To Deserve The Loyalty Of Igbos? By Fredrick Nwabufo by asanausana91: 11:56pm On Jan 24, 2022
DMerciful:
We understand this blackmail you guys are doing but we see through your fake sympathy.

We do not want the PDP to zone its ticket to SE without APC doing so because that would give APC a flawless victory. And yes the rest of Nigeria hates the Igbos that much.

The Igbos were the most prosperous under PDP to the extent they started saying Igbos hijacked power by proxy
show us your prosperity during the16 years of PDP. I could remember Innocent chukwuma telling whole world that he had never been patronized the way buhari government do.
Even air peace owner onyeama said the same thing, so which prosperity are you talking about?
You also claim that other tribe hate you, pls can you mention only one tribe that the igbos love?
Re: What Did PDP Do To Deserve The Loyalty Of Igbos? By Fredrick Nwabufo by asanausana91: 12:05am On Jan 25, 2022
mrvitalis:

By the balls so that what would happen ? ...why didn't south west hold APC by the balls in 2015 ?

Una think say Una Sabi politics
because the president then was a southerner so there is no reason for south west insisting that APC must give them power.
Re: What Did PDP Do To Deserve The Loyalty Of Igbos? By Fredrick Nwabufo by asanausana91: 12:09am On Jan 25, 2022
mrvitalis:

Apga failed to present good candidates outside Anambra
so ojukwu was not a good candidate?
Re: What Did PDP Do To Deserve The Loyalty Of Igbos? By Fredrick Nwabufo by asanausana91: 12:27am On Jan 25, 2022
Esseite:

The SE not voting Ojukwu goes to show it's not clannish in nature, but looks out for who the shoe best fits.. if the Leader is right, the Nation would be right while positively affect every region.

- PDP did not give Nigeria an 18% inflation rate..
- PDP did not give Nigeria a 40% unemployment rate..
- PDP did not give Nigeria country wide Banditry and kidnapping.
who brought kidnappings to this country
Who brought terrorism to Nigeria
How much was petrol when the military was in power?
Political assassination in Nigeria compare16 years of PDP and 6 years of APC.
Do you remember when abuja was a no go area? The UN building was brought down, do you remember when you have to write your will before going to church for fear of bombs?
The police force Head quarters was also brought down.
Nigeria air was flying before PDP took over, where is that aircraft now?
827 companies were closed by the PDP.companies like
Micheline
Nigeria air
Arewa textile
Etc etc.
Pls don't allow us to remember the16 years of destruction.
Re: What Did PDP Do To Deserve The Loyalty Of Igbos? By Fredrick Nwabufo by DMerciful(m): 3:17am On Jan 25, 2022
Igbos are everywhere in Nigeria, they love all tribes atleast they're indifferent. Buy other envy Igbos, what others do and get away with it, if Igbos do half, it would be exaggerated

I'm talking about general prosperity, you counting few individuals!
asanausana91:
show us your prosperity during the16 years of PDP. I could remember Innocent chukwuma telling whole world that he had never been patronized the way buhari government do.
Even air peace owner onyeama said the same thing, so which prosperity are you talking about?
You also claim that other tribe hate you, pls can you mention only one tribe that the igbos love?

1 Like

Re: What Did PDP Do To Deserve The Loyalty Of Igbos? By Fredrick Nwabufo by Nobody: 4:09am On Jan 25, 2022
asanausana91:
who brought kidnappings to this country
Who brought terrorism to Nigeria
How much was petrol when the military was in power?
Political assassination in Nigeria compare16 years of PDP and 6 years of APC.
Do you remember when abuja was a no go area? The UN building was brought down, do you remember when you have to write your will before going to church for fear of bombs?
The police force Head quarters was also brought down.
Nigeria air was flying before PDP took over, where is that aircraft now?
827 companies were closed by the PDP.companies like
Micheline
Nigeria air
Arewa textile
Etc etc.
Pls don't allow us to remember the16 years of destruction.

History dont lie.

When you speak of terrorism, you forget the chairperson of that organization then is the president today. He stood surety for the rogue organization while using it as a bargain to power.

While you talk on petrol increase, which is natural globally but increases alongside minimum wage and standard of living. What we have now is drastic increase in price of petrol alongside side 18% inflation which turned us world poverty capital.

Can you compare the extremely few political assassinations majorly on the opposition end then to the wide spread assassination of just anyone today daily?

On companies, so how many was revived or can we say even much more than was lost were added due to the terrible economy?

I think most would rather re-live the 16years all over than the 6year we have just been through.
Re: What Did PDP Do To Deserve The Loyalty Of Igbos? By Fredrick Nwabufo by nzeobi(m): 5:22am On Jan 25, 2022
asanausana91:
then why for 22 years PDP had never chose an Igbo man as it presidential candidate?

There are many reasons why a presidential candidate will emerge
Re: What Did PDP Do To Deserve The Loyalty Of Igbos? By Fredrick Nwabufo by Penguin2: 5:57am On Jan 25, 2022
asanausana91:
so what did Ojukwu did to you that you rejected him like that in 2003 election.

Because unlike what you people accuse us of, we are not clannish and tribal bigots down here.

Ojukwu has his place in our history, granted.

But that does not mean we are to be tied to his apron for life even when it doesn’t make sense.

We are very objective people who always put the altruistic good of the whole over the relative satisfaction of the particular.

Reason we are sometimes the most vociferous about killings in Southern Kaduna, Plateau and Benue. And I’m sure some of you would be wondering why we are like that.

Same with Nnamdi Kanu... you might think we are following him blindly but let him veer off his line and you will see that IPOB violence is a mirage to our collective resolve.

So, in 2003, we voted Obasanjo, a Yoruba, over Ojukwu because we believe that by the principle of justice, Obasanjo should do his 8 years and that our own turn will come.

Unfortunately, it’s now our turn and our greatest challengers are the Yoruba.

1 Like

Re: What Did PDP Do To Deserve The Loyalty Of Igbos? By Fredrick Nwabufo by Penguin2: 6:06am On Jan 25, 2022
asanausana91:

Because the calculation and time was not yet right.

Obasanjo was PDP first president in 1999. He was there for 8 years.

Now after Obasanjo, would it be right for PDP to give ticket to another southerner in the name of the Igbos?

When it came to choosing VP for Yaradua in 2007, PDP chose national cohesion over party loyalty by choosing Goodluck Jonathan from Southsouth as Vice President which was to help douse the tension of Niger Delta militants which was threatening the corporate existence then.

By an act of God, Yaradua died in office and GEJ succeeded him. To show we are not power mongers we were his greatest supporters until Buhari and Tinubu took him out in 2015 with underage voters.

Now tell me, when should PDP have give the Igbo ticket and failed to do so? Because you people as though you are just bunch of....

1 Like

Re: What Did PDP Do To Deserve The Loyalty Of Igbos? By Fredrick Nwabufo by Nobody: 6:08am On Jan 25, 2022
Islie:

https://www.thecable.ng/what-did-pdp-do-to-deserve-the-loyalty-of-igbos/amp

Lalasticlala

PDP allowed Nigerians to do business with ease.

If you want to become an enemy of the Igbos, hate business. That is our source of livelihood.

If you understand this, you can buy the Igbos with ease.

Why do you think they like Atiku? You think, it's all about party?

1 Like

Re: What Did PDP Do To Deserve The Loyalty Of Igbos? By Fredrick Nwabufo by mrvitalis(m): 7:27am On Jan 25, 2022
asanausana91:
so ojukwu was not a good candidate?
Igbos believe in zoning we only opt out when a candidate we believe is exceptional comes along (rochas for example even tho he ended up being a failure )

We accepted it was the turn of yorubas for south then in 2007 it was the turn of north west we voted Yara dua

2011 we saw a chance that end Fulani domination and we took it ...we don't regret it

It apga or APC presented a good Candidate from ngwa they would have won abia convincingly ...but no they didn't

U wanted imo people to vote ararume ABI hope ?

1 Like

Re: What Did PDP Do To Deserve The Loyalty Of Igbos? By Fredrick Nwabufo by asanausana91: 12:08pm On Jan 25, 2022
mrvitalis:

Igbos believe in zoning we only opt out when a candidate we believe is exceptional comes along (rochas for example even tho he ended up being a failure )

We accepted it was the turn of yorubas for south then in 2007 it was the turn of north west we voted Yara dua

2011 we saw a chance that end Fulani domination and we took it ...we don't regret it

It apga or APC presented a good Candidate from ngwa they would have won abia convincingly ...but no they didn't

U wanted imo people to vote ararume ABI hope ?
you cannot eat your cake and have it. That chance you saw in 2011 and you took it was a trap. Now you can see, because of that mistake of taking the north west chance in 2011 will give the Fulani another 8 years.
Mr man, politics is different from buying and selling.
The north is very smart when it comes to politics.
Re: What Did PDP Do To Deserve The Loyalty Of Igbos? By Fredrick Nwabufo by mrvitalis(m): 12:14pm On Jan 25, 2022
asanausana91:
you cannot eat your cake and have it. That chance you saw in 2011 and you took it was a trap. Now you can see, because of that mistake of taking the north west chance in 2011 will give the Fulani another 8 years.
Mr man, politics is different from buying and selling.
The north is very smart when it comes to politics.
Exactly reason we want north to continue
Re: What Did PDP Do To Deserve The Loyalty Of Igbos? By Fredrick Nwabufo by asanausana91: 12:27pm On Jan 25, 2022
Penguin2:

Because the calculation and time was not yet right.

Obasanjo was PDP first president in 1999. He was there for 8 years.

Now after Obasanjo, would it be right for PDP to give ticket to another southerner in the name of the Igbos?

When it came to choosing VP for Yaradua in 2007, PDP chose national cohesion over party loyalty by choosing Goodluck Jonathan from Southsouth as Vice President which was to help douse the tension of Niger Delta militants which was threatening the corporate existence then.

By an act of God, Yaradua died in office and GEJ succeeded him. To show we are not power mongers we were his greatest supporters until Buhari and Tinubu took him out in 2015 with underage voters.

Now tell me, when should PDP have give the Igbo ticket and failed to do so? Because you people as though you are just bunch of....
if you believe in zoning,why is abaribe contesting even when he know that it is not the turn of his zone.
If you believe in zoning, why did gej contested in 2011? Why didn't the south allowed a Northerner to complete yaradua tenure?
Mr man, what happened in 2019? Why didn't PDP chose an Igbo man as the presidential candidate? I believe PDP see you guys as inconsequential.
Re: What Did PDP Do To Deserve The Loyalty Of Igbos? By Fredrick Nwabufo by asanausana91: 12:38pm On Jan 25, 2022
Penguin2:

Because unlike what you people accuse us of, we are not clannish and tribal bigots down here.

Ojukwu has his place in our history, granted.

But that does not mean we are to be tied to his apron for life even when it doesn’t make sense.

We are very objective people who always put the altruistic good of the whole over the relative satisfaction of the particular.

Reason we are sometimes the most vociferous about killings in Southern Kaduna, Plateau and Benue. And I’m sure some of you would be wondering why we are like that.

Same with Nnamdi Kanu... you might think we are following him blindly but let him veer off his line and you will see that IPOB violence is a mirage to our collective resolve.

So, in 2003, we voted Obasanjo, a Yoruba, over Ojukwu because we believe that by the principle of justice, Obasanjo should do his 8 years and that our own turn will come.

Unfortunately, it’s now our turn and our greatest challengers are the Yoruba.
is there anything like zoning in the constitution?
Mr man, can you name one Yoruba that is challenging you in PDP ticket?
Mind you, you have rejected the APC twice and APC prove to you that they can do without you. Why can't you also proof to APC that the igbos will win without the Yoruba's?
Why are you people always blaming other people for your downfalls.
When gej disappointed the yorubas ,they didn't sit down blaming igbos. They wake up and voted against gej. Stop blaming others,do your work.
Re: What Did PDP Do To Deserve The Loyalty Of Igbos? By Fredrick Nwabufo by bjdon: 12:44pm On Jan 25, 2022
Islie:

https://www.thecable.ng/what-did-pdp-do-to-deserve-the-loyalty-of-igbos/amp

Lalasticlala

You have nailed it in this write up. The igbo political elites are all about their own interests, not that of their people. Today Igbos are shouting up and down about being given the presidency, yet when their own Ojukuwu contested, they did not vote for him. Say what you will about the other zones in this country, when they want something, they go for it, no compromise. Igbo leaders will always sell out just watch. Atiku will get the PDP ticket and another Igbo will be picked as his number 2
Re: What Did PDP Do To Deserve The Loyalty Of Igbos? By Fredrick Nwabufo by asanausana91: 12:46pm On Jan 25, 2022
Esseite:

History dont lie.

When you speak of terrorism, you forget the chairperson of that organization then is the president today. He stood surety for the rogue organization while using it as a bargain to power.

While you talk on petrol increase, which is natural globally but increases alongside minimum wage and standard of living. What we have now is drastic increase in price of petrol alongside side 18% inflation which turned us world poverty capital.

Can you compare the extremely few political assassinations majorly on the opposition end then to the wide spread assassination of just anyone today daily?

On companies, so how many was revived or can we say even much more than was lost were added due to the terrible economy?

I think most would rather re-live the 16years all over than the 6year we have just been through.
Godforbid! PDP will never near that seat again. How do you expect someone to build a house in 6years while that house took some people16 years to destroy.
Just one day destruction self,is not easy to build in years. We are talking of 16 years of destruction, Nigeria need more than 50 years to rebuild half of what PDP destroyed in 16 years.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Top 7 Presidential Choice In Orderly Manner 2023 Elections / Who Killed FUNSHO WILLIAMS!!! / Tinubu's Propaganda Machine Is Collapsing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.