Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,269 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:33 PM

BUA Foods Plc Makes Debut On Listing, Beats NGX Closing Gong - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / BUA Foods Plc Makes Debut On Listing, Beats NGX Closing Gong (6606 Views)

Isyaku Naziru Rabiu, Resigns From Board Of BUA Foods PLC / NSDC Hails BUA Foods On Contributions Towards Development Of Sugar Sector / BUA Foods Plc Receives Approval To List On The Nigerian Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

BUA Foods Plc Makes Debut On Listing, Beats NGX Closing Gong by aminulive: 10:07am On Jan 21, 2022
POLITICSNIGERIA.COM

The management of BUA Foods Plc. was on Tuesday, January 18, 2022 hosted to a closing gong ceremony on the main floor of the Nigerian Exchange (NGX) Limited. This was after addressing market stakeholders with a fact behind the listing presentation in a webinar held earlier in the day.

BUA Foods was listed on the Nigerian Exchange on Jan 5, 2022 and has since received significant acceptance going by the volume of demand for the shares which has boosted the market capitalization of the Nigerian Exchange Limited by over N1trillion.

The company has maintained an unbroken record of year-on-year growth and has eight ultra-modern manufacturing facilities across the country. BUA Foods currently has a refining capacity of 1.5 million metric tonnes of sugar yearly from two ultra-modern sugar refineries in Lagos and Port Harcourt. As part of its expansion strategy in 2022, BUA Foods plans to double its flour milling capacity from about 500,000 metric tonnes per annum to over a million metric tonnes per annum. Similarly, that of pasta will grow from 5 lines to 11 lines.

The company’s rice mill, one of the largest in the country, has a capacity to produce 200,000 tonnes of rice per annum with work currently in progress on a rice plantation that will change the face of rice production in Nigeria.

Kabiru Rabiu, Group Executive Director speaking on behalf of the Chairman of BUA Foods Plc. stated that the company is determined to explore the huge opportunities available in the agribusiness to promote food security and growth for Nigerians and Africans.

According to Rabiu, “Today for us is very historic and we are excited to begin the year with the listing. The population of Nigeria is over 200million and our food production capacity is still not enough to meet current demands. However, with the listing of our food business on the NGX, there is high hope for Nigeria in terms of building capacity for food sufficiency.”

“As a country we have agricultural resources coupled with human capital to harness needed raw materials to produce what we need for our consumption, and develop our nation. We are positioning our brand to take advantage of export opportunities through our strategically located plants from which foreign exchange can be generated both for the company and economy”, Rabiu added.

The Acting Managing Director, BUA Foods, Engr. Ayodele Abioye, also stated, “our fast paced and strategic investments in the food industry positions us to capture growth opportunities within the sector, create headroom ahead of demand, generate sustainable employment while promoting national food security.

Additionally, as a business we will continue to create sustainable value for our consumers and stakeholders”.

On his part, the Chief Executive Officer, NGX, Mr. Temi Popoola, stated, “This listing marks a new beginning for BUA Foods Plc who plays a critical role in the FMCG industry as the company can leverage services the Exchange offers to achieve its strategic objectives. BUA Foods has experienced an upward trend in share price, market capitalization, and trading activity since its listing on the Exchange. At NGX, this milestone transaction is in line with our strategic objectives to improve listings and enhance investors’ participation in our market. As a multi-asset Exchange, NGX is strategically positioned to be the preferred listing and investment destination connecting Nigeria, Africa, and the world. I must, therefore, encourage capital market players and enthusiasts at home and abroad to pay closer attention to the plethora of opportunities available in our market both to list securities and make the most of their investments. NGX will continue to provide innovative solutions that meet the ever-evolving needs of our stakeholders.”

About BUA Foods PLC

BUA Foods is a leading food business with well diversified and scalable operations producing sugar, flour, pasta, rice and edible oils. With strategically located plants across Nigeria, coupled with a cordial alliance with local stakeholders in host communities, BUA Foods is a resilient business built on a strong brand proposition and is an operator with reputation for delivering high-quality products.

BUA Foods continues to invest in modern technology for efficient food production, innovatively expanding with strategic partners across the value chain. The company is also well positioned to leverage significant export potentials across West Africa and the larger African continent.

Headquartered and listed in Nigeria, BUA Foods has become one of the most capitalized companies on the NGX and a leading consumer goods firm by market value.

https://politicsnigeria.com/bua-foods-plc-makes-impressive-debut-on-listing-beats-ngx-closing-gong/

3 Likes

Re: BUA Foods Plc Makes Debut On Listing, Beats NGX Closing Gong by money121(m): 11:19am On Jan 21, 2022
F.T.C

STop Crime

SEE FACE OF SERIAL FRAUDSTER ON Nairaland SEE HERE >> https://www.nairaland.com/1173970/scam-alert-omowunmi-allen-pre-order/87

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BUA Foods Plc Makes Debut On Listing, Beats NGX Closing Gong by slawormiir: 11:19am On Jan 21, 2022
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

This bua that is supposed to give dangote competition in cement is now romancing with dangote to sell cement at the same amount

BleedTears:

But BUA has better quality
Forwhere
When I was about to do some work in my building last week...both bua and dangote were sold at same price in Benin city....4500 for a bag
I asked the seller which one is better...he said they are both the same...that although people prefer dangote

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: BUA Foods Plc Makes Debut On Listing, Beats NGX Closing Gong by Dikaveli(m): 11:20am On Jan 21, 2022
Nonsense na south dey buy all her products
Re: BUA Foods Plc Makes Debut On Listing, Beats NGX Closing Gong by OLLYBEE24: 11:20am On Jan 21, 2022
GOOD
Re: BUA Foods Plc Makes Debut On Listing, Beats NGX Closing Gong by Zainabthegirl1(f): 11:20am On Jan 21, 2022
Okay
Re: BUA Foods Plc Makes Debut On Listing, Beats NGX Closing Gong by Investorozay: 11:22am On Jan 21, 2022
Dikaveli:

never seen bua cement in south
Re: BUA Foods Plc Makes Debut On Listing, Beats NGX Closing Gong by Adeniranloye(m): 11:22am On Jan 21, 2022
welcome to the official listing board.

BUA is another plus one for the SEC.
Re: BUA Foods Plc Makes Debut On Listing, Beats NGX Closing Gong by Boogyman557: 11:22am On Jan 21, 2022
Holly Gram cool real matters

WTF MAN
Re: BUA Foods Plc Makes Debut On Listing, Beats NGX Closing Gong by BleedTears: 11:24am On Jan 21, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

This bua that is supposed to give dangote competition in cement is now romancing with dangote to sell cement at the same amount
But BUA has better quality
Re: BUA Foods Plc Makes Debut On Listing, Beats NGX Closing Gong by LikeAking: 11:25am On Jan 21, 2022
Great!
Re: BUA Foods Plc Makes Debut On Listing, Beats NGX Closing Gong by Tonytonex(m): 11:26am On Jan 21, 2022
Can someone buy their shares? And how?
Re: BUA Foods Plc Makes Debut On Listing, Beats NGX Closing Gong by Elsueno: 11:26am On Jan 21, 2022
I love this kind of business where u actually trade real goods and ur products, factories can ACTUALLY BE SEEN IN action...Not all these IT & social media companies who operate in glorified garages while valuing thier shares millions of dollars

8 Likes

Re: BUA Foods Plc Makes Debut On Listing, Beats NGX Closing Gong by bigdammyj: 11:27am On Jan 21, 2022
Noted
Re: BUA Foods Plc Makes Debut On Listing, Beats NGX Closing Gong by Beehshorp(m): 11:27am On Jan 21, 2022
See BUA that should be competiting with dangote and giving him a run for his money....
Re: BUA Foods Plc Makes Debut On Listing, Beats NGX Closing Gong by Emir01: 11:28am On Jan 21, 2022
Dikaveli:

Are they forcing you to buy? You can decide to import your own.

4 Likes

Re: BUA Foods Plc Makes Debut On Listing, Beats NGX Closing Gong by AbuAeesha: 11:28am On Jan 21, 2022
Dikaveli:
lolz
if u don't know something why not ask
Re: BUA Foods Plc Makes Debut On Listing, Beats NGX Closing Gong by Blackfire(m): 11:28am On Jan 21, 2022
We the North rules with clear distinction

We the money

Not noisemakers

North2023 North2023 North2023 North2023

Anyways I sell cows o
Re: BUA Foods Plc Makes Debut On Listing, Beats NGX Closing Gong by Crusadee: 11:29am On Jan 21, 2022
Ndi MKPULUMMIRI how market
Re: BUA Foods Plc Makes Debut On Listing, Beats NGX Closing Gong by Skyehigher1: 11:29am On Jan 21, 2022
Okay
Re: BUA Foods Plc Makes Debut On Listing, Beats NGX Closing Gong by SmartPolician: 12:09pm On Jan 21, 2022
peterdoile1

Please you sent me a DM.
Re: BUA Foods Plc Makes Debut On Listing, Beats NGX Closing Gong by hasyak(m): 12:11pm On Jan 21, 2022
Elsueno:
I love this kind of business where u actually trade real goods and ur products, factories can ACTUALLY BE SEEN IN action...Not all these IT & social media companies who operate in glorified garages while valuing thier shares millions of dollars
+8.2

1 Like

Re: BUA Foods Plc Makes Debut On Listing, Beats NGX Closing Gong by Emuforlife1: 12:18pm On Jan 21, 2022
Elsueno:
Ah swear down. Most of those IT/MEDIA valuation na audio

1 Like

Re: BUA Foods Plc Makes Debut On Listing, Beats NGX Closing Gong by Emuforlife1: 12:19pm On Jan 21, 2022
Dikaveli:
Las Las heart attack go kee you and we go chop sweet burial ricecheesy
Re: BUA Foods Plc Makes Debut On Listing, Beats NGX Closing Gong by BleedTears: 4:13pm On Jan 21, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

Forwhere
When I was about to do some work in my building last week...both bua and dangote were sold at same price in Benin city....4500 for a bag
I asked the seller which one is better...he said they are both the same...that although people prefer dangote
Is either seller is doing marketing so people don't dump the dangote on him or BUA has changed. I suggest you buy and test it yourself.

Talking from experience.

An engineer used BUA for lintel in my friend filling station building that I was supervising.

During the casting the wood somehow opened and the lintel shoots out, and they said they will chisel the protruding area out once the lintel dry.

The lintel dried and it broked 2 chisel as they were trying to chisel that concrete, they had to use diamond blade to cut that area.

1 Like

Re: BUA Foods Plc Makes Debut On Listing, Beats NGX Closing Gong by Hiq0: 7:10pm On Jan 21, 2022
Ok
Re: BUA Foods Plc Makes Debut On Listing, Beats NGX Closing Gong by NessFortunate: 6:08am On Jan 22, 2022
Beehshorp:
See BUA that should be competiting with dangote and giving him a run for his money....
the run pass short distance RACE. Bua and Dangote Money Long like MARATHON.
Re: BUA Foods Plc Makes Debut On Listing, Beats NGX Closing Gong by ProudlyNGN: 9:00pm On Jan 22, 2022
SmartPolician:
peterdoile1

Please you sent me a DM.
He also sent me a DM. Is Luke he is contacting many people that he don't even know.

are you thinking what I'm thinking or this is something else.
Re: BUA Foods Plc Makes Debut On Listing, Beats NGX Closing Gong by SmartPolician: 9:03pm On Jan 22, 2022
ProudlyNGN:

He also sent me a DM. Is Luke he is contacting many people that he don't even know.

are you thinking what I'm thinking or this is something else.

No. Why did he contact me?

I have no idea; that's why I mentioned him.
Re: BUA Foods Plc Makes Debut On Listing, Beats NGX Closing Gong by ProudlyNGN: 10:14pm On Jan 22, 2022
SmartPolician:

No. Why did he contact me?
I have no idea; that's why I mentioned him.
Probably a scammer because this is how they operate
Re: BUA Foods Plc Makes Debut On Listing, Beats NGX Closing Gong by iskalamong(m): 1:25pm On Jan 23, 2022
Tonytonex:
Can someone buy their shares? And how?
Get a stockbroking account with a licensed stockbroker
From there, you can trade on their stock and/or any stock of your choice.

Iskalamong!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Commandclem Nig Ltd / Do I Need To Register With Any Association To Be Able To Publish A Magazin? / Nursery/pry And Secondary School Address In Ogun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.