Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,381 members, 7,829,989 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

AFRICAN CONTINENT- Regions And Country. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / AFRICAN CONTINENT- Regions And Country. (405 Views)

Quiz: Name The State And Country This Pic Was Taken / IBB Int'l Golf And Country Club Abuja. (pictures, Video) / I Need Advice On What Course and country to do my masters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

AFRICAN CONTINENT- Regions And Country. by chenny360(m): 11:27am On Jan 21, 2022
I think this should be included afresh on Nairaland. Ok let go..

Brief geographical fact about Africa.

___ The continent of Africa contains approximately 1.369 billions people spread out of over 54 countries.

__ The United nations Geoscheme divides Africa continents into 5 distinct Subregions namely 1 Northern Africa, 2 Middle Africa. 3 West Africa. 4 East Africa. 5 Southern Africa.

__ Northern Africa is the largest of the Subregions by land area while southern Africa is the smallest by land area. Southern African is also the least populous of the Subregions while East African is the most populous Subregion.

__Northern Africa has just 5 countries including _
And southern Africa have 6 countries. East Africa boast of 18 countries.
West Africa has 16 countries in his Subregion while middle Africa has 9 countries..

Note I'll update this thread with Africa Subregions and their countries..

Source. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.worldatlas.com/amp/geography/regions-of-africa.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AFRICAN CONTINENT- Regions And Country. by chenny360(m): 11:50am On Jan 21, 2022
Northern Africa countries:

Algeria,. Morocco, tunisia, Libya Egypt, sudan... guess what they are mostly caucuasian.

West Africa countries.: burkina Faso
Benin, Nigeria, Ghana, ivory coast, Togo. Liberia , Sierra Leone, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Senegal. Cape Verde, Gambia, Mali ,Mauritania,

Middle/central Africa countries;:.
Chad, Sao tome and principe, Cameron, Congo, Angola,Gabon, central Africa republic, Equatorial Guinea,

East Africa countries.:;
Eritrea, South sudan, Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi, Malawi, Zimbabwe, Tanzania ,Ethiopia, Kenya, Mozambique, Comoros, Madagascar, Zambia, Djibouti, Seychelles, Somalia,

Southern Africa countries:.
Namibia, Botswana, South Africa, Eswatini, Lesotho.

Re: AFRICAN CONTINENT- Regions And Country. by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jan 21, 2022
Good One.
I used to know all them and their capitals..
But now Old age and many responsibilities don't come.
Re: AFRICAN CONTINENT- Regions And Country. by TjoBATHONG(m): 7:02pm On Jan 21, 2022
I disagree with the description of Southern Africa. There are far more countries than just 5 around RSA. Imagine saying Zimbabwe is not a Southern African country undecided What I see here is confusing Eastern Africa (larger) with East Africa (smaller).

(1) (Reply)

Which Is Better For Study And Has Better Living Standard? / Uploaded Documents / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.