Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,285 members, 7,818,960 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

Your Life Or Possession Which One Is Easy To Give To God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Your Life Or Possession Which One Is Easy To Give To God (183 Views)

Pastor Uche Aigbe Charged With Unlawful Possession Of AK-47 Rifle / Which Is The Strongest In Destroying Man's Life Or Destiny Is It Sex Or Masturba / What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Life Or Possession Which One Is Easy To Give To God by clensman(m): 11:47am On Jan 21, 2022
Your Life or Possession which one is easy to give to God.

There is no greater offering we can give to the Lord than our very life.
Giving money to the church while refusing to surrender our lives to the Lord
won’t do us too much good in the long run. The testimony of Scripture is
quite clear. God would rather have your life than your earthly possessions.
Think about this way - how can a God who owns everything in creation be impressed with you when you give Him a car, money, or a house? God already owned the stuff before you gave it to Him. What He does not automatically own, even though He is Lord of all, is your free will. Man’s free will is what makes him exactly like God. As human beings, we can choose to love or hate, obey or disobey. This is why the expression “and they did not love their lives to the death” in Revelation 12:11 is a very
explosive statement. It means the persons in question chose with their own
free will “not to love their own lives” to the point of martyrdom. This is the
greatest offering a human can ever give to a God who alone knows the
priceless nature of “free will.”
Re: Your Life Or Possession Which One Is Easy To Give To God by Kobojunkie: 12:31pm On Jan 21, 2022
clensman:
Your Life or Possession which one is easy to give to God.

There is no greater offering we can give to the Lord than our very life.
Giving money to the church while refusing to surrender our lives to the Lord
won’t do us too much good in the long run. The testimony of Scripture is quite clear. God would rather have your life than your earthly possessions.
What if what God in fact says you should do is abandon all your earthly possessions in order that your life may belong to Him - Matthew 19 vs 15 - 30?. undecided
Re: Your Life Or Possession Which One Is Easy To Give To God by clensman(m): 1:02pm On Jan 21, 2022
You should do it. He is the all knowing God, He definitely know the reason why. There is greater reward in your obedient. Just obey
Re: Your Life Or Possession Which One Is Easy To Give To God by Kobojunkie: 1:15pm On Jan 21, 2022
clensman:
You should do it. He is the all knowing God, He definitely know the reason why. There is greater reward in your obedient. Just obey
So have you obeyed Jesus Christ's commandment that you abandoned everything - including job, house, family, friends,etc., I order that you may become worthy of Him?. undecided

He did say that you have to loose your life - job, career, family, friends, reputation, etc., - if you want to save it. And those who try to save their life will instead loose it. undecided
Re: Your Life Or Possession Which One Is Easy To Give To God by clensman(m): 1:35pm On Jan 21, 2022
I love to use Abraham as a perfect example to your question.

Genesis 12:1-3
[1]NOW [in Haran] the Lord said to Abram, Go for yourself [for your own advantage] away from your country, from your relatives and your father's house, to the land that I will show you. [Heb. 11:8-10.]

[2]And I will make of you a great nation, and I will bless you [with abundant increase of favors] and make your name famous and distinguished, and you will be a blessing [dispensing good to others].

[3]And I will bless those who bless you [who confer prosperity or happiness upon you] and curse him who curses or uses insolent language toward you; in you will all the families and kindred of the earth be blessed [and by you they will bless themselves]. [Gal. 3:8.]

So has He regretted till today,

Genesis 24:7
[7]The Lord, the God of heaven, Who took me from my father's house, from the land of my family and my birth, Who spoke to me and swore to me, saying, To your offspring I will give this land–He will send His Angel before you, and you will take a wife from there for my son.

As God not taking care of his job, family, and any other things he left behind.
Re: Your Life Or Possession Which One Is Easy To Give To God by Kobojunkie: 1:57pm On Jan 21, 2022
clensman:
I love to use Abraham as a perfect example to your question.

So has He regretted till today,

As God not taking care of his job, family, and any other things he left behind.
But Abraham has absolutely nothing to do with what Jesus said asked of those who would want to become His followers so how could he be considered a perfect example as you claim for this or any case that has to do with Christianty? undecided

God didn't ask Abraham to abandon his life... if you read his story carefully you would note that Abraham left his land with all he had intact - his wife, slaves, valuables etc. undecided
Re: Your Life Or Possession Which One Is Easy To Give To God by Greatzeus(m): 4:56pm On Jan 21, 2022
You can't give God your life, God has the breath of every living thing in his hands,he owns it already. What the Bible says is to accept Jesus as lord and saviour,then you will receive everlasting life. Where did the Bible say,give your life to God or Christ?
Re: Your Life Or Possession Which One Is Easy To Give To God by Dtruthspeaker: 6:38pm On Jan 21, 2022
clensman:
Your Life or Possession which one is easy to give to God...

How?

You and your life is His own already, you are just a User, so how can you give Him the thing He already owns?

Exactly like self driving Volvo saying it wants to give itself to his manufacturer. E no go work.

Same for possessions. Did all your possessions not come from the earth? Is He not the Owner of the earth and everything in and out of it?

Sorry, son, you have nothing to give.

2 Likes

Re: Your Life Or Possession Which One Is Easy To Give To God by Kobojunkie: 6:53pm On Jan 21, 2022
Greatzeus:
You can't give God your life, God has the breath of every living thing in his hands,he owns it already. What the Bible says is to accept Jesus as lord and saviour,then you will receive everlasting life. Where did the Bible say,give your life to God or Christ?
The same Jesus Christ who is God's Law then told you that in order to become worthy of Him, you have to abandon your life - possessions, families, etc. - in order to have a piece of the Heaven God has promised in His Will. So, if you abandon it all to follow Jesus Christ as He commands, isn't it God's Kingdom that you intend to gain by it? undecided

(1) (Reply)

Today Is Holocaust Memorial Day!! / Religion:the Celibacy Rule For Priests Should Be Lifted, According To A German C / My Trip To Heaven - (astounding Revelation Of Heaven)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.