Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,632 members, 7,816,607 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

AMCON Takes Over IBEDC - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / AMCON Takes Over IBEDC (23201 Views)

₦69.4 Billion Debt: AMCON Takes Over Jimoh Ibrahim’s Assets / AMCON Takes Over Festus Fadeyi's Pan Ocean Assets Over N240b Debt / N3.6 Billion Debt: AMCON Takes Over Bao Yao Firms In Abuja & Calabar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AMCON Takes Over IBEDC by ogbiwa: 2:27pm On Jan 21, 2022
Is that why the light has been poor for over a week now?
Re: AMCON Takes Over IBEDC by Hndrrxxx(m): 2:27pm On Jan 21, 2022
Re: AMCON Takes Over IBEDC by Tumbulum: 2:29pm On Jan 21, 2022
post=109564891:

The koko be say,
Let there be light,
And secondly, we hope some people won't lose their positions

Nigeria will work in our lifetime.
hustler don drop his own. We move to next topic..man must Choo
Re: AMCON Takes Over IBEDC by Tumbulum: 2:29pm On Jan 21, 2022
post=109564891:

The koko be say,
Let there be light,

hustler don drop his own. We move to next topic..man must Chop
Re: AMCON Takes Over IBEDC by DGascon: 2:30pm On Jan 21, 2022
[quote author=1nigeriamyfoot post=109564552]
Talking about IBEDC, I will tell you that EEDC is the worst in Nigeria. In Imo state every town and village buy there own transformer and repair it.

They bring light whenever they feel like. I will tell you that there's not as much as 100 prepaid meters in the whole of Imo State if there's any.

What they do now is to mount a meter at the transformer and bring there bulk bills every month end without coming to check the meters.

1 Like

Re: AMCON Takes Over IBEDC by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jan 21, 2022
Not surprised

1.Power companies charge below the cost of production, and the subsidy they are paid does not cover their losses adequately. The result...the third power company to fail fails.

When you force companies by law to have their prices controlled by government to 'help poor people', it causes collapse. NO profit, no improvement, no investment

2.40% of Nigerians, rich and poor, steal power. In other words...they don't pay...that eats into the potential profits. Strike two.

3.Corruption, connivance etc...strike three.

If we want 24 hour power, we pay for 24 hour power...the same way we pay for 24 hour GSM network from the zero it was in 2000 ad because...we paid the GSM companies the price they set.

MODIFIED

Pricewaterhousecoopers has a solid paper on the power sector and its financial problems. It was writiten in 2018, but it is relevant even today, to understanding why AMCON Is taking over the IEBC, why AEDC is now a subsidiary of UBA in all but name, and why the northeastern disco declared force maejure some years ago.

Link is here. I will never tire of posting it.

Note the second picture...and see the losses of the discos.

2 Likes

Re: AMCON Takes Over IBEDC by MOTOPARK: 2:32pm On Jan 21, 2022
I honestly wish I could host you in absential if your stay around Island in Lagos…lovely Guests house in Ikoyi for one night with sweet ass if are single.
Re: AMCON Takes Over IBEDC by chloride6: 2:34pm On Jan 21, 2022
grin
Re: AMCON Takes Over IBEDC by codeworks(m): 2:36pm On Jan 21, 2022
Next is PHEDC
Re: AMCON Takes Over IBEDC by hotseat: 2:36pm On Jan 21, 2022
Remaining BEDC!
Gradually we shall reacquire these DISCOs from these thieves.
Re: AMCON Takes Over IBEDC by harjay1986: 2:39pm On Jan 21, 2022
Dexpro:
Like seriously?

IBEDC customers why? Una don bypass sotey, the company nearly bankrupt

that IBEDC are mad people you will request for a prepaid they will be playing you like ludo all because they want to to be on estimated bill for longer time
Re: AMCON Takes Over IBEDC by blesdman(m): 2:41pm On Jan 21, 2022
post=109564891:

The koko be say,
Let there be light,

Yes it will work in our lifetime. We are the solutions

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: AMCON Takes Over IBEDC by SportsHD: 2:46pm On Jan 21, 2022
Maxymilliano:
As IBEDC customer, I'm not least bit surprised about this.

Buying tokens from the Disco is worse that asking Buhari to show his certificate
Under three years, 10k worth of units went from 450 units to 150 units.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: AMCON Takes Over IBEDC by amuwo1980: 2:48pm On Jan 21, 2022
Dexpro:
Like seriously?

Or the then owners do chop the money finis

1 Like

Re: AMCON Takes Over IBEDC by tolaade1960: 2:49pm On Jan 21, 2022
Electric distribution is yet to be liberated.

1 Like

Re: AMCON Takes Over IBEDC by Epeegee(m): 2:49pm On Jan 21, 2022
uptimum123:

Oga what's the meaning of this. How does this relate to the topic.

You had better go find something better to do with your time.

BAT for 2023

BAT or Eagle,nah only your generation you think say go vote abi

Duplicate of an animal

1 Like

Re: AMCON Takes Over IBEDC by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jan 21, 2022
Bola146:
They are the most useless people in Ibadan, 24 hours electricity for a whole mouth, still they bring outrageous amount sad angry , it's even getting worse everyday undecided

Why are you surprised? That useless company (IBEDC) is owned by Tunde Ayeni - the bastard that bankrupted Skye Bank.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: AMCON Takes Over IBEDC by Ethanuella: 2:52pm On Jan 21, 2022
Dexpro:
Like seriously?

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: AMCON Takes Over IBEDC by wolexy14(m): 2:59pm On Jan 21, 2022
saintruky:
BEDC next pls
amen bedc u are next ijn
Re: AMCON Takes Over IBEDC by uchaymart(m): 3:07pm On Jan 21, 2022
Bola146:
They are the most useless people in Ibadan, 24 hours electricity for a whole mouth, still they bring outrageous amount sad angry , it's even getting worse everyday undecided

grin grin do you stay around Old Ife Road?

It is even worse this time yet we pay almost 20k for a flat of 2bedroom.
Re: AMCON Takes Over IBEDC by saintruky(m): 3:21pm On Jan 21, 2022
wolexy14:
amen bedc u are next ijn

Amen o... By fire by force....
Re: AMCON Takes Over IBEDC by Micmuzac: 3:33pm On Jan 21, 2022
these discos are jokers, they are not interested in quality service but want you to pay before thinking of how to deliver, they want to be minting money like nairabet at no cost, no prepaid metres, won't let people buy and install it and won't give light crying cheating by consumers. Ikeja is next and the biggest on the exploit gang
Re: AMCON Takes Over IBEDC by Bola146(f): 3:35pm On Jan 21, 2022
uchaymart:

Hahahahaha grin cheesy kilode cheesy thank God I'm using prepaid meter, one of their officials came to see what happened to my neighbours light, see how guys brought out pankere to beat them grin they thought they came to cut light grin grin

1 Like

Re: AMCON Takes Over IBEDC by akanbiaa(m): 3:59pm On Jan 21, 2022
uchaymart:

for payjng 20k that means the current charge will reach 40k or more be that o, right?
Re: AMCON Takes Over IBEDC by Tunbolity(m): 3:59pm On Jan 21, 2022
Follow Ibadan jobs connect on IG for updates. Best of luck
Scandium:
One could see this coming. The management didn't do much to sustain the company. Many loopholes in the billing system and some lack of professionalism too.

PS. Please, who have a job for me in Ibadan?
Please help me out!. Contact in my signature
Re: AMCON Takes Over IBEDC by Funkymode(m): 4:11pm On Jan 21, 2022
1nigeriamyfoot:

Less than 10% of electricity consumer in Ibadan has prepaid metre so it's not a matter of bypass

We I lives, sometimes there will be no power supply for a whole week despite that transformer is perfectly ok

If there's small issue with transformer, their staff will demand for minimum of 10k before leaving their office to check what's wrong with the transformer. If it's something that will cost 50k to fix, they will demand for 300k. Their customer care representative is a joke, the lady always defend their staff on phone if you dare complain about their services.

I use prepaid metre in my house but our transformer had issue for about 8months now. We contributed money to buy new one but IBEDC insist they buy for us at overinflated rate else where won't power the transformer. We now warned them never to distribute their estimated bill to us if they don't want to have their hand chopped off

We now rely on generating set & solar whereas we have over 500 houses on that damaged transformer

You've said it all, in our own area, if anything just happened, like, phase off, upriser cut or any other related, this useless people will count the number of houses on the transformer and bill them, sometimes 10k,sometimes 5k or 3k per house, where we have close to 500 houses on a transformer, even after paying, they'll still wait for like 2 days to make you think the fault is much and collecting the money and shared it among themselves, they're just 5 to 6 people that normally come, they will the then bring Bill to pay few days after
Re: AMCON Takes Over IBEDC by Tunbolity(m): 4:13pm On Jan 21, 2022
A lot of factors are responsible for this financial quandary IBEDC found itself.
Chiefly, the investors who bought IBEDC, Tunde Ayeni the former CEO of Skye Bank now Polaris, and others did not have enough capital to run it and the government that sold it too knew but because he donated hugely, I think 10bn or so to the re election campaign of GEJ, he got the deal. Since the investors bought PHCN and changed to IBEDC, there is hardly anywhere across their territorial jurisdiction where IBEDC has been able to change spoilt equipment except customers in those communities contribute money to replace spoilt property of the company!
Also, there is huge uncleared bills by customers, and the few who are on prepaid metering have bypassed the meter thereby causing economic sabotage to the company. Virtually all the houses in my area which are on prepaid meter bypass the meter at night and reconnect back to the meter the following morning. In some houses, it's as if the meter has been switched off because nobody is coming to inspect so, where is the company's gain in this situation?
I hope with the take over by AMCON, they can plug the leakages through right leadership and put the company back on the path of viability

4 Likes

Re: AMCON Takes Over IBEDC by techWriter3: 4:15pm On Jan 21, 2022
dhe yus in... Uh, check my PROFILE if you need help with your dissertation, assignment, or thesis.
Re: AMCON Takes Over IBEDC by Lokoyen(m): 4:17pm On Jan 21, 2022
Dexpro:
Like seriously?

It is not bypass! Even With your money this people won't give you prepaid meter. In my area, na we dey beg make they come install meter, they prefer the estimated billing method.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window / Will A Large Supermarket Thrive In Nigeria? / CBN Considers Ending Dollar Cash Sales To BDCs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.