Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window (23194 Views)

Naira Falls To Record Low At I&E Window, Trades ₦‎993/$ / I&E Window Records $53.02m Turnover After CBN Lifts Forex Ban / Naira Begins Recovery After Float, Closes At ₦‎664/$ At I&E Window (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by blamingthedevil: 1:54pm On Jul 19, 2023
The exchange rate between the naira and the dollar gained 6.58% to close at N742.93/$1 on Tuesday, July 18th, 2023.

This represents the biggest daily gain we have seen since the revised I&E window was launched on July 14th, 2023. It is also the most daily gain since at least 2019.

FX turnover also rose a whopping 352% to close at 156.29 trillion the largest volume of forex traded since June 30th, 2023.

Despite closing stronger, the exchange rate still recorded an intra-day high of N831/$1 while the P2P black market rate fell to as low as N841/$1.

What this means: Nairametrics analysts indicate the weakening of the naira over the last 10 days may have triggered a supply in the I&E window
https://nairametrics.com/2023/07/19/exchange-rate-post-biggest-ever-gain-closing-at-n742-1-on-ie-window/

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by ClearFlair: 1:55pm On Jul 19, 2023
Vanity numbers. Failure is very hard to hide

112 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by TemplarLandry: 1:56pm On Jul 19, 2023
Still not good.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by Ikaeniyan0: 1:58pm On Jul 19, 2023
It's over #820/$ in the black market.

90 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by Bobloco: 2:00pm On Jul 19, 2023
ClearFlair:
Vanity numbers

Honestly, the real numbers are in the streets

That's where the reality is

116 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by DomPerignon: 2:03pm On Jul 19, 2023
FG should begin recalling most of the currency in circulation printed from thin air by Emefile through this Forex window.

This how the FG can utilize the Forex to remove excess liquidity from circulation and drive down inflation.

The only people betting against the naira are Buhari looters who , without Emefile's protection, are now moving their loot through the Forex window .

No genuine business will bid so high for Forex in such a challenging economy. What do they want to import that they are desperate to bid so high for Forex?

In a few months, if the FG compels the CBN to withdraw all excess liquidity from funds raised through the FX open window bidding, the naira will regain to about 350-400 to a dollar.

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by SpecialAdviser(m): 2:04pm On Jul 19, 2023
I only trust the exchange rate from Aboki in the street. Forget all these bruhahaha.

Tinubu ti kpa Nigerians
Meanwhile below is a thread indicating CFA is raping NAIRA back and front

https://www.nairaland.com/7763813/breaking-cfa-overtakes-naira

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by baralatie(m): 2:08pm On Jul 19, 2023
DomPerignon:
FG should begin recalling most of the currency in circulation printed from thin air by Emefile through this Forex window.

This how the FG can utilize the Forex to remove excess liquidity from circulation and drive down inflation.

The only people betting against the naira are Buhari looters who , without Emefile's protection, are now moving their loot through the Forex window .

No genuine business will bid so high for Forex in such a challenging economy. What do they want to import that they are desperate to bid so high for Forex?

In a few months, if the FG compels the CBN to withdraw all excess liquidity from funds raised through the FX open window bidding, the naira will regain to about 350-400 to a dollar.
You guys are very funny!🤣🤣😂
What you produce to earn dollars or
What do you produce to negate imports
You don't even have solution on your billion dollar oil imports?

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by Dotherightthing: 2:17pm On Jul 19, 2023
shocked
Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by 2mch(m): 2:25pm On Jul 19, 2023
Banks are selling their dollar to BDC and the black market rate is much different. Why is Tinubu government not paying close attention to these banks? Buhari really brought in another type of corruption into this country by having two rates.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by Dc14(m): 2:40pm On Jul 19, 2023
DomPerignon:

only few understand this na only to come online and complain

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by baralatie(m): 2:47pm On Jul 19, 2023
DomPerignon:

Concentrate on your useless Biafra .

When we chase you away we will not have parasitic importers who demand for FX to import cheap crap at the expense of local producers .

Eeeh ehen!
Wonderful!

6 Likes

Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by cjudy(m): 5:14pm On Jul 19, 2023
shocked
As at today, dollar is exchange at 851 keep playing

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jul 19, 2023
propaganda will not help nigeria.

party of failures wey never tire for image laundering.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by BigBlackPreek(m): 5:15pm On Jul 19, 2023
This government will favour me and my household 😂 😂
Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by Roger3D(m): 5:15pm On Jul 19, 2023
Yes I observed that the Naira gained about N18 Naira on the Euro today. It was N920.18 this morning but now it's N902.52 at closing. Let's hope for the best

10 Likes

Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by cjudy(m): 5:15pm On Jul 19, 2023
DomPerignon:

When we chase you away we will not have parasitic importers who demand for FX to import cheap crap at the expense of local producers .

You go suffer tire. This one wey you Dey so na Genesis, when you go enter chapter 5, by then you go put stone for pocket Dey waka

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by iampeterben(m): 5:15pm On Jul 19, 2023
825 to a dollar as at this afternoon. Lies...

4 Likes

Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by Shattuck(m): 5:16pm On Jul 19, 2023
Ok
Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by Muhylonaire007: 5:16pm On Jul 19, 2023
Lol. grin grin. When you are through, you will tell us the original rate. This one na sakamanje

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by bluefilm: 5:16pm On Jul 19, 2023
Wetin kwansign me?

I will continue to stand on his manhood mandate

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by XtraFortunes: 5:16pm On Jul 19, 2023
Bulaba and propaganda na 5 and 6 angry

Dollar N742?

Aboki dey say something different undecided

9 Likes

Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by ufuosman(m): 5:17pm On Jul 19, 2023
Story
Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by sofeo(m): 5:17pm On Jul 19, 2023
Alright
Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by Angelfrost(m): 5:17pm On Jul 19, 2023
DomPerignon:

He asked very salient questions which every young Nigerian should be bashing and throwing at those in power...!

If all hands are not on deck to change the direction of the economy from high import dependence to Massive export and production, then the Naira will be buried permanently!

8 Likes

Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by Khyrvxjzy: 5:18pm On Jul 19, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
It's over #820/$ in the black market.

bro black market still dey
Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by OutOnBail(m): 5:18pm On Jul 19, 2023
How P2P go de determine our FX rate? These are the real speculators that needs to be taken off!

4 Likes

Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by OkCornel(m): 5:20pm On Jul 19, 2023
I see…

Before APC took over, it was 216 to the dollar.
What is the exchange rate now?

Engr. Ugo C. Shege

4 Likes

Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by Bobbiee: 5:21pm On Jul 19, 2023
Rubbish. Exchange rate is still as bad as ever. Just nothing but paid exaggeration journalism. When the naira dropped from 180 to 300 over night, that wasn't the biggest.

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by DrAda(f): 5:21pm On Jul 19, 2023
Hmmm. Too little too late. Many people are suffering and dying. Fix that first

2 Likes

Re: Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window by Khyrvxjzy: 5:22pm On Jul 19, 2023
ibo own yoruba, yoruba is ibo inheritance

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Will A Large Supermarket Thrive In Nigeria? / Best Loan Apps Without BVN In Nigeria / Oil Price Falls Below Nigeria's new benchmark

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.