Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,474 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:35 AM

AMCON Takes Over IBEDC - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / AMCON Takes Over IBEDC (23198 Views)

₦69.4 Billion Debt: AMCON Takes Over Jimoh Ibrahim’s Assets / AMCON Takes Over Festus Fadeyi's Pan Ocean Assets Over N240b Debt / N3.6 Billion Debt: AMCON Takes Over Bao Yao Firms In Abuja & Calabar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AMCON Takes Over IBEDC by Iamsalis: 4:32pm On Jan 21, 2022
Its not an issue of bypass, IBEDC mismanaged the 6 billion naira intervention fund given to them by CBN for network expansion,upgrade and meter purchase. They didn't repay and when inquiries was made they had diverted the funds to a major stakeholder's account and the management said it was a loan they gave out. When did A Disco become a money lender? That was when the useless regulator (NERC ) issued IBEDC a query and 50 million fine for its failure to recover the interest free loan the board gave to its core investor , what where they doing since the funds was released almost 5 years ago. The level of fraud going on in the energy sector is mind blowing. I can beat my chest and tell you that a MD in any Disco is richer than most sitting governor. To the remaining Disco CBN is coming for you through AMCON because they also got the funds and diverted it.
If the energy sector is well managed it will generate revenue than the oil sector.
Even the grand master Obasanjo that squandered 16 billion dollars is yet to be held accountable. Money dey NEPA
Dexpro:
Like seriously?

IBEDC customers why? Una don bypass sotey, the company nearly bankrupt

5 Likes

Re: AMCON Takes Over IBEDC by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jan 21, 2022
1nigeriamyfoot:

Less than 10% of electricity consumer in Ibadan has prepaid metre so it's not a matter of bypass

We I lives, sometimes there will be no power supply for a whole week despite that transformer is perfectly ok

If there's small issue with transformer, their staff will demand for minimum of 10k before leaving their office to check what's wrong with the transformer. If it's something that will cost 50k to fix, they will demand for 300k. Their customer care representative is a joke, the lady always defend their staff on phone if you dare complain about their services.

I use prepaid metre in my house but our transformer had issue for about 8months now. We contributed money to buy new one but IBEDC insist they buy for us at overinflated rate else where won't power the transformer. We now warned them never to distribute their estimated bill to us if they don't want to have their hand chopped off

We now rely on generating set & solar whereas we have over 500 houses on that damaged transformer
Why don't you create a thread about this? Make we dey shame this useles DISCOS
Re: AMCON Takes Over IBEDC by juniorstar(m): 4:44pm On Jan 21, 2022
Nawa oo..there is nothing like free gift..na person go always bear the brunt..nothing like smartness for this life..you are either good or evil..
Re: AMCON Takes Over IBEDC by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jan 21, 2022
Tunbolity:
A lot of factors are responsible for this financial quandary IBEDC found itself.
Chiefly, the investors who bought IBEDC, Tunde Ayeni the former CEO of Skye Bank now Polaris, and others did not have enough capital to run it and the government that sold it too knew but because he donated hugely, I think 10bn or so to the re election campaign of GEJ, he got the deal. Since the investors bought PHCN and changed to IBEDC, there is hardly anywhere across their territorial jurisdiction where IBEDC has been able to change spoilt equipment except customers in those communities contribute money to replace spoilt property of the company!
Also, there is huge uncleared bills by customers, and the few who are on prepaid metering have bypassed the meter thereby causing economic sabotage to the company. Virtually all the houses in my area which are on prepaid meter bypass the meter at night and reconnect back to the meter the following morning. In some houses, it's as if the meter has been switched off because nobody is coming to inspect so, where is the company's gain in this situation?
I hope with the take over by AMCON, they can plug the leakages through right leadership and put the company back on the path of viability
Can you also tell us what IBDC did with the #6 billion loan?
Re: AMCON Takes Over IBEDC by otokx(m): 4:49pm On Jan 21, 2022
The DISCOs are so corrupt, no regard for their consumers with special hatred for those using prepaid meter.
Re: AMCON Takes Over IBEDC by wolexy14(m): 4:53pm On Jan 21, 2022
saintruky:

Amen o... By fire by force....
imagine na 13k I pay monthly for my house for 2yrs straight ...and I no run pure water company .....d bastards refuse to reduce am after I don complain 5times
Re: AMCON Takes Over IBEDC by ArewaNorth: 5:00pm On Jan 21, 2022
Abdussalamu Abubakar grin shocked
Re: AMCON Takes Over IBEDC by guychidile: 5:23pm On Jan 21, 2022
Is this real
Re: AMCON Takes Over IBEDC by Buckeyemedia1: 5:35pm On Jan 21, 2022
Dexpro:
Like seriously?

IBEDC customers why? Una don bypass sotey, the company nearly bankrupt
Who sold it to the incompetent quacks in the first time place?
Re: AMCON Takes Over IBEDC by saintruky(m): 5:40pm On Jan 21, 2022
wolexy14:
imagine na 13k I pay monthly for my house for 2yrs straight ...and I no run pure water company .....d bastards refuse to reduce am after I don complain 5times

Wow... Maybe u get bakery for house na... BEDC wan kee pipo ooo...
Re: AMCON Takes Over IBEDC by Scandium: 5:49pm On Jan 21, 2022
Tunbolity:
Follow Ibadan jobs connect on IG for updates. Best of luck

Okay. Thanks alot
Re: AMCON Takes Over IBEDC by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jan 21, 2022
Like seriously biko what is the current valuation and liability of the company ...let me go and find investors... no wonder they were misbehaving in Janurary and I have to be doing foresic checks on their bill whether they are real or fake.Government sef this model of Genco one side, Transmission one side and Distribution one side is absolutely nonsentical... It is better you decentralize and cut the chucks to smaller pieces so their is full control and give room for competition too. But why are bankers selfish sef, if it is there turn they coin a word like "TOO BIG TO FAIL" and bailout themselves... biko this is a critical utility firm that should be so categories or better still find a new investor to float the ship.
Re: AMCON Takes Over IBEDC by SmartVilletech: 8:10pm On Jan 21, 2022
1nigeriamyfoot:

Less than 10% of electricity consumer in Ibadan has prepaid metre so it's not a matter of bypass

We I lives, sometimes there will be no power supply for a whole week despite that transformer is perfectly ok

If there's small issue with transformer, their staff will demand for minimum of 10k before leaving their office to check what's wrong with the transformer. If it's something that will cost 50k to fix, they will demand for 300k. Their customer care representative is a joke, the lady always defend their staff on phone if you dare complain about their services.

I use prepaid metre in my house but our transformer had issue for about 8months now. We contributed money to buy new one but IBEDC insist they buy for us at overinflated rate else where won't power the transformer. We now warned them never to distribute their estimated bill to us if they don't want to have their hand chopped off

We now rely on generating set & solar whereas we have over 500 houses on that damaged transformer

We are so sorry to hear that. However, you can reachout to us for all your power/energy need.

We're professionals in deployment of technologies such as Solar and Inverter systems, CCTV Surveillance Systems, Electric Fencing, Automates Entrance, Fire Alarm and Burglar Alarm in schools, banks, hotels, houses and offices.

Smart-Ville Technologies Limited have a nationwide reach and we are professionals with many years of experience in the industry.

We have built capacity overtime to handle large projects for individuals and corporations.

Solar Energy - CCTV - Electric Fencing - Automated Gate - Fire Alarm - Fire Hose Reel.

You can reach us on 0 8 1 2 2 7 0 9 5 9 8 or https://smart-ville-technologies-ltd.business.site/

Thank you.

Re: AMCON Takes Over IBEDC by polimaf(m): 9:52pm On Jan 21, 2022
They should take over EkEDP
Re: AMCON Takes Over IBEDC by 1nigeriamyfoot: 10:22pm On Jan 21, 2022
DubaiLandLord2:
Why don't you create a thread about this? Make we dey shame this useles DISCOS

I once went to their office to lodge complaints but their staff shows no concern
Re: AMCON Takes Over IBEDC by wolexy14(m): 12:49am On Jan 22, 2022
saintruky:

Wow... Maybe u get bakery for house na... BEDC wan kee pipo ooo...
Dem come my house come calculate all d appliances wey dey,Dem even tell me say AC wey I no connect,say na 5k on its own and oda things ,say Dem dey even do me a favour
Re: AMCON Takes Over IBEDC by mamaafrik(m): 9:24am On Jan 22, 2022
Some one needs to start taking over indian , Chinese owned company in Nigeria,those things Are corrupt.
I know one that will use staff tax to pay company tax.
Staff will ask for Tax identification number,company will be telling you tori tori.
I wrote FIRS and son,their staff that comes to inspect are ONLY coming to take bribe.
Re: AMCON Takes Over IBEDC by chyeexcel: 11:14am On Jan 22, 2022
post=109564891:

The koko be say,
Let there be light,
And secondly, we hope some people won't lose their positions

Nigeria will work in our lifetime.
I've been reading all your comments on nairaland.Sorry to tell you this,your thoughts are always incoherent.
Re: AMCON Takes Over IBEDC by saintruky(m): 6:50pm On Jan 22, 2022
wolexy14:
Dem come my house come calculate all d appliances wey dey,Dem even tell me say AC wey I no connect,say na 5k on its own and oda things ,say Dem dey even do me a favour

Hahaha... Do u buy dog when nor get joy or respect... Then dey open ur gate down d day dem dey come...
Re: AMCON Takes Over IBEDC by OmoManU: 2:35pm On Jan 23, 2022
uptimum123:
Good for them.. Ikedc should be next

All these discos are useless people

Nigerian's will never forgive Jonathan for selling our power to his cronies.

Ahh that's some people's hero you're talking to like that
Re: AMCON Takes Over IBEDC by backnbeta(f): 8:40am On Jan 27, 2022
IBEDC has taken with it the whole light we were managing in Ibadan! Since AMCON took over, light has become so scarce and it comes only in the middle of the night. Bring back IBEDC abeg

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Exchange Rate Post Biggest Ever Gain, Closing At ₦‎742/$1 On I&E Window / Will A Large Supermarket Thrive In Nigeria? / CBN Considers Ending Dollar Cash Sales To BDCs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.