Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,816,996 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:33 PM

Mention One Thing You Wished You Knew And Did Before Graduating From School - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Mention One Thing You Wished You Knew And Did Before Graduating From School (20661 Views)

“I Am The Only Black Grad” – Lady Celebrates Graduating From US Varsity, Becomes / Video Of Success, The Warri Schoolgirl Sent Away From School Over School Fees / Mention One Abbreviation You Still Don't Know The Meaning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mention One Thing You Wished You Knew And Did Before Graduating From School by Spherical77(m): 3:14pm On Jan 22, 2022
zedegit:

You can't get a first class by copying, maybe 2:1
you're right

One of my course mate then use copy copy and patch patch here and there take get 2.1

Even the 2.1 is 3.5something. I doubt one can copy copy to get 4point above sef

1 Like

Re: Mention One Thing You Wished You Knew And Did Before Graduating From School by showafrica(m): 3:15pm On Jan 22, 2022
Not buying crypto and not buying cheap lands with my excess cash. During uni is the best time to acquire assets... But we were told to study hard so that we will work at oil companies. Nonesense

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mention One Thing You Wished You Knew And Did Before Graduating From School by Kokoebapluse(m): 3:17pm On Jan 22, 2022
Coldie:

Just the fact that u are a science student your chances of making it in life is times 2 of that of an art student all things being equal

But everyone depend on art class.

Art class entertains,educate,informate. To me art and science go hand in hand.
I think those that suppose get money pass are art students. Because we are need in everywhere. Do you know that a good art student supposed be the second richest man in the world but our mind set is not there. All social media should be opportunity for art students to get money. Because art students own entertainment industry.

I have been thinking how can government help journalist, musician, theater student etc to set have media in their hand you will find out that we will get money. Do you know how much those who is not art students makes on tiktok, YouTube etc? We own all this platform but we don't know how to use it. Don't forget we are the mirror of life. We let people see and hear. Who is science without art?

3 Likes

Re: Mention One Thing You Wished You Knew And Did Before Graduating From School by kayttah(m): 3:18pm On Jan 22, 2022
Learnt a programming language
Re: Mention One Thing You Wished You Knew And Did Before Graduating From School by FunkyAlhaji2015: 3:19pm On Jan 22, 2022
Animegirl:
I regret not having friends. My life in uni, was really boring.

Also not seizing opportunities during holidays to learn skills and going for internships.

This girl you're sweet ooo. I have just fallen in love with you just by looking at your picture. This has never happened to me, I think we are meant to be soulmates.
Re: Mention One Thing You Wished You Knew And Did Before Graduating From School by Jmichael1(m): 3:20pm On Jan 22, 2022
I regret nt going into yahoo yahoo wen my frds were busy doing it
Re: Mention One Thing You Wished You Knew And Did Before Graduating From School by NOETHNICITY(m): 3:23pm On Jan 22, 2022
I wished I had studied nursing, also I wished the idea of travelling out of Nigeria had occurred to me much sooner.
Re: Mention One Thing You Wished You Knew And Did Before Graduating From School by Ishiewo: 3:27pm On Jan 22, 2022
Starboytwo:
Wished I’d gotten a school hostel other than off-camp back in 100L.
. Why the regret, boss...?
Re: Mention One Thing You Wished You Knew And Did Before Graduating From School by Rastaramsey(m): 3:30pm On Jan 22, 2022
kansoboy:

Bross u can start now, no time is late sha.

But no let Ur pikin see u carry mug for efcc office/TV

Good luck

I don dey ball Sha

I de use iPhone 11 pro max and I am currently building one small house Sha....

We aren't were we wannabe but we shall dey push....

1 Like

Re: Mention One Thing You Wished You Knew And Did Before Graduating From School by aku626(m): 3:30pm On Jan 22, 2022
Many but this one is most important: Love God with all your heart and all you ways acknowledge him

1 Like

Re: Mention One Thing You Wished You Knew And Did Before Graduating From School by Coldie(m): 3:30pm On Jan 22, 2022
Kokoebapluse:

I think those that suppose get money pass are art students. Because we are need in everywhere. Do you know that a good art student supposed be the second richest man in the world but our mind set is not there. All social media should be opportunity for art students to get money. Because art students own entertainment industry.

I have been thinking how can government help journalist, musician, theater student etc to set have media in their hand you will find out that we will get money. Do you know how much those who is not art students makes on tiktok, YouTube etc? We own all this platform but we don't know how to use it. Don't forget we are the mirror of life. We let people see and hear. Who is science without art?
A science student can study or learn any course an art student intends to study but an art student can’t.

That’s y u see engineering students as bankers but how many arts students do u see as engineers or nurses?

D field is useless

8 Likes

Re: Mention One Thing You Wished You Knew And Did Before Graduating From School by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jan 22, 2022
Kokoebapluse:

Who creates all those platforms you've mentioned? Lol. The thing is science and tech is the big deal no matter what. Not saying art is bad either. But science and technology are more important that's why countries invest in STEM education more than others.

1 Like

Re: Mention One Thing You Wished You Knew And Did Before Graduating From School by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jan 22, 2022
Re: Mention One Thing You Wished You Knew And Did Before Graduating From School by Newusername(m): 3:34pm On Jan 22, 2022
Let the comments keep coming in I am learning a lot.
Re: Mention One Thing You Wished You Knew And Did Before Graduating From School by chieni(f): 3:38pm On Jan 22, 2022
zedegit:

You can't get a first class by copying, maybe 2:1
exactly what I wanted to say. @2:1 that's if he even understands what he copied.

1 Like

Re: Mention One Thing You Wished You Knew And Did Before Graduating From School by isaythetruth(m): 3:38pm On Jan 22, 2022
Skills... If I knew there is much money to be made on Upwork, I would have left book and learned stuff like web development, web design, video editing, and photo editing.

Those guys are making it on upwork. I once came across the profile of one 9ja guy who made 22,000 United States dollar working for a client for just 5months.

It's not late, I'm currently learning video and photo editing to add them to the skill I'm currently using to earn on Upwork. After that, I'm moving to web development.

honestly, it gladens the heart earning from home. You go dey make people "the more you look, the less you see". You'll also be living a quality life!

6 Likes

Re: Mention One Thing You Wished You Knew And Did Before Graduating From School by Kokoebapluse(m): 3:41pm On Jan 22, 2022
Coldie:

A science student can study or learn any course an art student intends to study but an art student can’t.

That’s y u see engineering students as bankers but how many arts students do u see as engineers or nurses?

D field is useless

I was once a science student but later I quite.

But do you know that art students get job easily in their industry but is not easy to secure job for science student in their field. All what we should concludes on is that let study what makes us happy.
Re: Mention One Thing You Wished You Knew And Did Before Graduating From School by juniormod: 3:43pm On Jan 22, 2022
socialmediaman:

The most important thing in school is your education. Don’t focus on the grades, focus on the knowledge. It will help you later in life.
Thanks, I have really learnt so much about life within this 4 years of my life.
Re: Mention One Thing You Wished You Knew And Did Before Graduating From School by Kokoebapluse(m): 3:44pm On Jan 22, 2022
AmosFishon:

Who creates all those platforms you've mentioned? Lol. The thing is science and tech is the big deal no matter what. Not saying art is bad either. But science and technology are more important that's why countries invest in STEM education more than others.

You re right. That is why I also said both science and art goes hand in hard. Science can created something once but art will use it for life even art will still sell information to scientists through what they sold to us.
Re: Mention One Thing You Wished You Knew And Did Before Graduating From School by cryptocherith: 3:45pm On Jan 22, 2022
Learn Forex fundamentals, technicals, and psychology..
Re: Mention One Thing You Wished You Knew And Did Before Graduating From School by juniormod: 3:45pm On Jan 22, 2022
Badbishop15:

If you don't make friends...who for vote for you?
from my 200 level I was popular and I had friends, but all these changed later, its a long story.
Re: Mention One Thing You Wished You Knew And Did Before Graduating From School by FreshGuy2(m): 3:48pm On Jan 22, 2022
zedegit:

Which skill?
phone repairing and you can learn this skill in less than 5 months depending on how fast you are in learning.
Re: Mention One Thing You Wished You Knew And Did Before Graduating From School by Heterodox(m): 3:48pm On Jan 22, 2022
Animegirl:
I regret not having friends. My life in uni, was really boring.

Also not seizing opportunities during holidays to learn skills and going for internships.
Majority, myself included, didn't know holidays were for internship them.

Wouldn't have mattered though. Academics were bs to me since first year in Uni. Didn't just have a choice.
Re: Mention One Thing You Wished You Knew And Did Before Graduating From School by Heterodox(m): 3:49pm On Jan 22, 2022
Kokoebapluse:

I was once a science student but later I quite.

But do you know that art students get job easily in their industry but is not easy to secure job for science student in their field. All what we should concludes on is that let study what makes us happy.
Because the science being taught in BSc are mostly obsolete and elementary.
Re: Mention One Thing You Wished You Knew And Did Before Graduating From School by FX2BROWN: 3:57pm On Jan 22, 2022
I regretted not minglying with the SMART GUYS @ school then, even when I'd the opportunities. Now, these guys are doing pretty well. Smart in the sense of school politics, "big-boys-kind-of", bookworm etc. I was a lone ranger.

1 Like

Re: Mention One Thing You Wished You Knew And Did Before Graduating From School by Hassanmaye(m): 4:01pm On Jan 22, 2022
Cognitivereason:
Greetings to all Nairalanders
So this is a quick and straight forward question to many of our graduates in the house..
With the current situations now not just in Nigeria but around the globe.
Can You mention any thing you know now and you wished you knew back in school before graduating..
Any regrets or wish..

For me I wished I acquired a lot of professional skills (atleast the ones i wanted to) before I stepped into Uni...everything feels choky and resulting to learning other stuff leaving less focus on school has a huge repercussions.. Not to mention the race many schools are in (including mine) to make up for the wasted time due to covid and ASUU...
Share yours..
Mods Front Page pls..
Learning a skill sir , I suffered before God gave me a Job, I thank God, if to say I learn a skill I will have used it to keep body before I got the job, I thank God now I got a job.

1 Like

Re: Mention One Thing You Wished You Knew And Did Before Graduating From School by yinkopet: 4:06pm On Jan 22, 2022
I wish I had bought crypto, and learned web development before graduating.

1 Like

Re: Mention One Thing You Wished You Knew And Did Before Graduating From School by MediMedi(m): 4:20pm On Jan 22, 2022
Starboytwo:
Wished I’d gotten a school hostel other than off-camp back in 100L.
WHY?
Re: Mention One Thing You Wished You Knew And Did Before Graduating From School by Kmf0: 4:22pm On Jan 22, 2022
Nothing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

7 Signs That School Is Not For You / ASUU: My Child Also Affected By Strike - Labour Minister, Chris Ngige / Lawyers Caught Writing Exams For Students, Law School DG Alleges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.