Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,882 members, 7,828,134 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

The City Of Lagos Now Has The Fastest Trains In Africa - Business Insider - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The City Of Lagos Now Has The Fastest Trains In Africa - Business Insider (43789 Views)

Top 10 Fastest Trains In The World 2019 (photos) / Incredible Images Show Fleet Of 220mph Bullet Trains In China(Photos). / Africa's Fastest Trains Set To Be Shipped To Nigeria After Being Inspected. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The City Of Lagos Now Has The Fastest Trains In Africa - Business Insider by Nobody: 11:42am On Jan 22, 2022
kettykin:
This is just election campaign gimmicks and nothing else
Is not, will a Spanish company with a huge reputation agree to partake in such a gimmick with the Lagos State Government?

3 Likes

Re: The City Of Lagos Now Has The Fastest Trains In Africa - Business Insider by NGpatriot: 11:45am On Jan 22, 2022
kettykin:
This is just election campaign gimmicks and nothing else

The Fastest Trains In Africa

They said Africa.

I don't know why something that really should be a source of pride for Nigerians is something you and your kind are so hateful, bitter and depressed about.

You people are very sad, even your own useless governors are not even commissioning any ordinary borehole.

5 Likes

Re: The City Of Lagos Now Has The Fastest Trains In Africa - Business Insider by aribisala0(m): 11:51am On Jan 22, 2022
This claim is false
What is the speed of the trains?
Those are carriages that were intended for use in high speed rail to be powered by external propulsion by electricity
We do not have the technology to power trains by electricity so those trains would have to be powered by probably a diesel engine train
This is good news but you do not enhance the news by embellishment or outright lies
Why, by the way is the speed so relevant or this talk about fastest trains necessary

The fastest trains are useful for Intercity travel not intracity/ inner city metro services where the train stops every minute or so

3 Likes

Re: The City Of Lagos Now Has The Fastest Trains In Africa - Business Insider by FERNANDEZISBACK: 11:55am On Jan 22, 2022
NGpatriot:

Do you go 200 mph when you drive your car, just because your car's speedometer says car has the capacity go all the way to 200mph?

What's really disappointing is you not thinking before posting.
NGpatriot abeg ignore those ones who hate good news oo.. this is a great development and some things are still complaining again..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The City Of Lagos Now Has The Fastest Trains In Africa - Business Insider by UTILITYMAY(m): 11:56am On Jan 22, 2022
Is this the man Jandor want to defeat in 2023? Even though I don't like the part he played during the #endsars protest; 20-10-2020, it think he is not doing bad at all in other areas.

1 Like

Re: The City Of Lagos Now Has The Fastest Trains In Africa - Business Insider by otokx(m): 11:56am On Jan 22, 2022
michlins:
Things dey happen for Nigeria oh. A train line that's yet to become operational is now being dubbed as the fastest in Africa.

I thought the procedure would be to have it tested, up and running before claiming the rights. It's just like saying my house is the tallest in Africa meanwhile it has only been conceptualized inside my head.

We're better than this please. Although if sanwo olu can make it happen, he's assured of second tenure and even a bigger political office after Lagos.

Eko o ni baje

Self deception is a lifestyle in Nigeria.
Re: The City Of Lagos Now Has The Fastest Trains In Africa - Business Insider by blamingthedevil: 11:56am On Jan 22, 2022
Children of 8 ,born with 8trd, raised in 8tred will soon invade this beautiful thread

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The City Of Lagos Now Has The Fastest Trains In Africa - Business Insider by yusluvad(m): 11:57am On Jan 22, 2022
NGpatriot:

Do you go 200 mph when you drive your car, just because your car's speedometer says car has the capacity go all the way to 200mph?

What's really disappointing is you not thinking before posting.
shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: The City Of Lagos Now Has The Fastest Trains In Africa - Business Insider by iReddington: 11:59am On Jan 22, 2022
One idiot from a muddy unproductive barren land said it is just an election campaign gimmick...what is the election campaign gimmick South East Govs are doing? grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The City Of Lagos Now Has The Fastest Trains In Africa - Business Insider by azpekuliar: 11:59am On Jan 22, 2022
DubaiLandLord2:
What sort of mumu question is this bayi?

Nah wah o

Senseless Gibberish

Doesn’t make any sense emphasizing the speed of the train. You can’t possibly go that fast for an intracity train. Smells like propaganda.
Re: The City Of Lagos Now Has The Fastest Trains In Africa - Business Insider by Trumann: 11:59am On Jan 22, 2022
SarkinYarki:

You people fall for cheap propaganda too much abeg ...let the the train come first na .. remember this is not the first time we are hearing of trains , under Fashola the trains were even shipped and e never reach till date

Special adviser on Lagos matters, go back to your state in the East and save your kinsmen from suffering and damnation in the hands of your Governors.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The City Of Lagos Now Has The Fastest Trains In Africa - Business Insider by jaxxy(m): 11:59am On Jan 22, 2022
Nice bt why sanwolu dey take picture like say na fight? grin
Re: The City Of Lagos Now Has The Fastest Trains In Africa - Business Insider by aribisala0(m): 11:59am On Jan 22, 2022
NGpatriot:

They said Africa.

I don't know why something that really should be a source of pride for Nigerians is something you and your kind are so hateful, bitter and depressed about.

You people are very sad, even your own useless governors are not even commissioning any ordinary borehole.

But it is not true and it is an unnecessary claim
If it is true just one question
How fast are they? What is the travel speed that makes them "fastest" in Africa and Which trains are they now relegating to second fastest( what is the speed of the soon to be second fastest). This is a facts and figures approach not a chest beating one

These carriages are just articulated cars. Like the trailer behind a tractor(truck head) .
When used for high speed these articulated carriages travel directly underneath high voltage electricity cables and are connected by a sliding device that moves along with the train and supplies electric power to the trains. We do not have this in Nigeria and so these carriages will be joined up to an engine carrying train. A very different scenario from the electricity powered high speed rail for what the carriages were originally intended
Re: The City Of Lagos Now Has The Fastest Trains In Africa - Business Insider by Lexusgs430: 11:59am On Jan 22, 2022
How many public servants, did it take to go inspect rejected stock .......

Albeit new, if one state own no spoil, another state own no go beta ......... cheesy
Re: The City Of Lagos Now Has The Fastest Trains In Africa - Business Insider by Jungleluv5: 11:59am On Jan 22, 2022
NGpatriot:

They should abandon the project because election is coming?

You are obviously not wise.
Yes he is not wise true, true

2 Likes

Re: The City Of Lagos Now Has The Fastest Trains In Africa - Business Insider by Toks2008(m): 12:00pm On Jan 22, 2022

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The City Of Lagos Now Has The Fastest Trains In Africa - Business Insider by kettykin: 12:00pm On Jan 22, 2022
DubaiLandLord2:
Is not, will a Spanish company with a huge reputation agree to partake in such a gimmick with the Lagos State Government?

Look at what I am saying, someone buys big Buses for schools before election period and claims the buses are the fastest buses in Africa . The buying of buses is a great thing but the speed claims is something that any right politician will use and bargain his political future.

The buying of the Train is good but as for the speed claims , we will wait and see
Re: The City Of Lagos Now Has The Fastest Trains In Africa - Business Insider by Jonovo981198: 12:00pm On Jan 22, 2022
If you're Hot the way I am at the moment say hi � �
Re: The City Of Lagos Now Has The Fastest Trains In Africa - Business Insider by gulfer: 12:01pm On Jan 22, 2022
I don't understand how we plan to use a 330km/hr train for a 37km distance span or what did i not understand from this narrative angry angry angry angry
Re: The City Of Lagos Now Has The Fastest Trains In Africa - Business Insider by shevchenko(m): 12:02pm On Jan 22, 2022
gulfer:
I don't understand how we plan to use a 330km/hr train for a 37km distance span or what did i not understand from this narrative angry angry angry angry

Nigeria is finished
Isnt 37 km like a 15 mins drive ?
God i hate this current administration

1 Like

Re: The City Of Lagos Now Has The Fastest Trains In Africa - Business Insider by adeoba2008(m): 12:03pm On Jan 22, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:
So how much went to Tinubu from this project ?

We know he gets percentage for every projects executed in this Lagos

The greed is just too much
Are you the one that paid him ?

1 Like

Re: The City Of Lagos Now Has The Fastest Trains In Africa - Business Insider by King44(m): 12:03pm On Jan 22, 2022
michlins:
Things dey happen for Nigeria oh. A train line that's yet to become operational is now being dubbed as the fastest in Africa.

I thought the procedure would be to have it tested, up and running before claiming the rights. It's just like saying my house is the tallest in Africa meanwhile it has only been conceptualized inside my head.

We're better than this please. Although if sanwo olu can make it happen, he's assured of second tenure and even a bigger political office after Lagos.

Eko o ni baje
dem buy second hand new train call hype man like say na their money them use buy am and not taxpayers money.

A very good development but they should stop hyping basic amenities. Besides, a train that was not designed for Nigeria o and it has spent many years in the duck, a good procurement though but all these hype shiiit is not needed.

If it's good, the people would be the one to hype it not the media and gvt.

If them use this one campaign for Tinubu na Thunder go fire them.

Point of correction, it's not the fastest
Re: The City Of Lagos Now Has The Fastest Trains In Africa - Business Insider by aribisala0(m): 12:03pm On Jan 22, 2022
gulfer:

What is the source of that figure?
Re: The City Of Lagos Now Has The Fastest Trains In Africa - Business Insider by aribisala0(m): 12:04pm On Jan 22, 2022
It is true that sheep that walk with dogs develop an appetite for shit

Sad to see our young people acquiring this chest beating habit
Re: The City Of Lagos Now Has The Fastest Trains In Africa - Business Insider by Amodi470(m): 12:04pm On Jan 22, 2022
Fake news, must they always lie
Re: The City Of Lagos Now Has The Fastest Trains In Africa - Business Insider by kettykin: 12:06pm On Jan 22, 2022
iReddington:
One idiot from a muddy unproductive barren land said it is just an election campaign gimmick...what is the election campaign gimmick South East Govs are using? grin
Let's wait and see. Some South East states are already defying projections and turning their states to fast developing states and changing narratives , Anambra and ebonyi . Some other governors are steeped in drowning local politics like Imo . The rest of the governors are at par with any other governors performing averagely Enugu and Abịa.

The se South East state of Abia, eventhough it has one of worst roads in Nigeria has the best performance in WAEC over the years based on statistics from WAEC. Abia got it right in soft infrastructure and failed in hard infrastructure
Re: The City Of Lagos Now Has The Fastest Trains In Africa - Business Insider by redsun(m): 12:06pm On Jan 22, 2022
Why is the governor standing like a puffed up silverback or an area boy that has just extorted money from an innocent victim? Does he have a shoulder problem, or he is just patting himself on the back for buying oyinbo made train in the 21st century space age?
Re: The City Of Lagos Now Has The Fastest Trains In Africa - Business Insider by Franking: 12:06pm On Jan 22, 2022
NGpatriot:

They should abandon the project because election is coming?

You are obviously not wise.

Was that what he meant? Notice me. We have noticed u. Oya gerat.
Re: The City Of Lagos Now Has The Fastest Trains In Africa - Business Insider by rickyrex(m): 12:07pm On Jan 22, 2022
vickyfrancis1:
Great news...TBH, Sanwo Olu is really performing. I hope he will be considered for the top position in the future. I respect him.
brother Nigeria matter different from Lagos matter oh. You can please a certain tribe in Lagos but Nigeria everybody wants equal treatment. And country with diverse ethnic and cultural lifestyle hmmn nah only God go help us

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Inside The New Qantas Dreamliners Where The Pilots And Crew Sleep(Photos) / Fatal Accident In Ondo State This Morning (Graphic Pics) / US: Why We Rejected 44.9% Of Nigerian Nonimmigrant B Visa Applications In 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.