Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,875 members, 7,813,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:15 PM

Pastor Adefarasin Declares Self A Billionaire - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Adefarasin Declares Self A Billionaire (13980 Views)

Pastor Paul Adefarasin Directing Traffic On Lagos Island (Photos) / Paul Adefarasin Shares Christmas Gifts To The Less Privileged (Photos) / Pastor Paul Adefarasin Shows Off His Toned Physique (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Adefarasin Declares Self A Billionaire by shadrach77: 7:53pm On Jun 20, 2011
Vanity: Adefarasin Declares Self Billionaire
What the Bible describes as vanity upon vanity is an apt description of the utterances of Pastor Paul Adefarasin of House On The Rock Church yesterday.

Pastor Paul Adefarasin
“I am a billionaire and there is nothing anybody can do about it,” Pastor Adefarasin boasted yesterday as he preached in an N8.5 million a day auditorium at the Eko Hotel and Suites in Victoria Island, Lagos, Southwest Nigeria.
“I have coached many billionaires and you know, the pastor of billionaires is a billionaire,” Adefarasin who was not included among the five richest pastors in Nigeria by a blogger with Forbes, the influential American magazine that keeps a tab on the world’s rich.
The Forbes blogger, Mfonobong Nsehe, had said that after intense research, he established that the official wealth of Bishop David Oyedepo, Chris Oyakhilome, TB Joshua, Matthew Ashimolowo and Chris Okotie, Nigeria’s five richest pastors, is between N31 and 37 billion.
But, TB Joshua of the Synagogue Church Of All Nations has denied the report, saying that he does not even keep a bank account and cannot save billions in the bank while millions are going hungry.
“The preacher of billionaire can only be a billionaire because a monkey cannot give birth to a goat and a goat cannot follow a baboon,” Adefarasin, who is completing a multi-billion naira church in Lekki, said as he adjusted his cute Italian suit.
“I am a preacher. I am a motivational speaker. I am a TV personality. I am a life coach. You can criticise me or slander me in the pages of newspapers but the blessings are in me and there is nothing anyone can do about it,” he said.
Adefarasin, who preached on Phillipians 2:6-14 with the theme ‘Work It Out’, said that when he was still a drug addict in Miami, United States, with a low self esteem, he never imagined that he could financially achieve so much for himself and the ministry.
“I was a nobody. I had a low self esteem but God did it for me. If God can make it for me, he can make it for you,” Adefarasin said amidst boisterous ovations.
To become a billionaire, Christians must simply imagine it, ask and realise that money, blessing and favour are already in them. All they need is to ‘work out’ what ‘God has already worked in’.
“Some of you do not see that you are already billionaires but there is a difference between to create and to unveil. God will simply unveil your billions to you as he did to me,” he said to an elated and expectant congregation

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adefarasin Declares Self A Billionaire by JeSoul(f): 8:04pm On Jun 20, 2011
shadrach77:

“I am a billionaire and there is nothing anybody can do about it,” Pastor Adefarasin boasted yesterday as he preached in an N8.5 million a day auditorium at the Eko Hotel and Suites in Victoria Island, Lagos, Southwest Nigeria.
“I have coached many billionaires and you know, the pastor of billionaires is a billionaire,” Adefarasin who was not included among the five richest pastors in Nigeria by a blogger with Forbes, the influential American magazine that keeps a tab on the world’s rich.
  Awww . . . somebody's feewings were hothurt by being left off the list of crookedest richest pasitoros. Eya, nor vex ehn.

Abeg another blogger should come out with an updated list . . . and please make sure not leave off this billilolonaire, we wouldn't anyone anywhere mistaking him for humble & modest man.
Re: Pastor Adefarasin Declares Self A Billionaire by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 8:35pm On Jun 20, 2011
JeSoul:

Awww . . . somebody's feewings were hothurt by being left off the list of crookedest richest pasitoros. Eya, nor vex ehn.

Abeg another blogger should come out with an updated list . . . and please make sure not leave off this billilolonaire, we wouldn't anyone anywhere mistaking him for humble & modest man.

JeSoul Do not Touch (My) anointed. I have listened to Pastor Paul back in my early days as a hustler and I am proud to say his Motivational speeches preaching really got me gingered-up to knuckle-down and get on with Life. I think he is being honest when he says he is a motivational speaker, most Men Of God are not that honest? wink
Re: Pastor Adefarasin Declares Self A Billionaire by Odunnu: 8:37pm On Jun 20, 2011
The pastor is walking in faith, even the blind and dumb can decipher that from the message
Re: Pastor Adefarasin Declares Self A Billionaire by Image123(m): 8:49pm On Jun 20, 2011
Comedy
Re: Pastor Adefarasin Declares Self A Billionaire by JeSoul(f): 8:53pm On Jun 20, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

JeSoul Do not Touch (My) anointed.
I go touch am. Wetin you go do?  cheesy

I have listened to Pastor Paul back in my early days as a hustler and I am proud to say his Motivational speeches preaching really got me gingered-up to knuckle-down and get on with Life. I think he is being honest when he says he is a motivational speaker, most Men Of God are not that honest? wink
Being a motivational speaker is certainly not incompatible with being a pastor, and being filthy rich is def not a sin or crime. What is incompatible and thoroughly despicable here is the arrogance, pride, ego, boastfulness, greed and love for money these men reek off . . . it would be better if they did not name the name of Christ thereby bringing shame to His name whilst perpetrating all these nonsense.
Re: Pastor Adefarasin Declares Self A Billionaire by noetic16(m): 9:07pm On Jun 20, 2011
^^^ u were told not to touch my annointed and u did shocked. . . .u will definitely see my wrath in 7 days max. shocked shocked
Re: Pastor Adefarasin Declares Self A Billionaire by dorox(m): 9:12pm On Jun 20, 2011
This is sad coming from a so called man of god
Re: Pastor Adefarasin Declares Self A Billionaire by Joagbaje(m): 10:28pm On Jun 20, 2011
He has a right to say who he believe he is. You say your one and work it out
Re: Pastor Adefarasin Declares Self A Billionaire by noetic16(m): 10:38pm On Jun 20, 2011
Joagbaje:

He has a right to say who he believe he is. You say your one and work it out

his right is not in dispute here . . . . but the question is "are those utterances Christ-like? do they reflect the spirit in him?"
Re: Pastor Adefarasin Declares Self A Billionaire by dorox(m): 10:59pm On Jun 20, 2011
I have coached many billionaires and you know, the pastor of billionaires is a billionaire
Joagbaje, ask yourself with honesty if Christ our great exemplar would have uttered such a boastful comment of his material accomplishment?
Re: Pastor Adefarasin Declares Self A Billionaire by eyzhvntsn: 11:04pm On Jun 20, 2011
Delusions of grandeur + paranoia - Classic case for psychiatric evaluation
Re: Pastor Adefarasin Declares Self A Billionaire by success4(m): 9:51am On Jun 21, 2011
Vanity upon vanity ALL is nothing but VANITY,
Re: Pastor Adefarasin Declares Self A Billionaire by Nobody: 9:55am On Jun 21, 2011
The blessings of the lord make rich and add no sorrows nairalanders why the sweat over another mans blessing. God said he has not called the seed of jacop to seek him in vain if u read ur bible well all those who deligently served God were stinkingly rich Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Job, king Davi, solomon the Isrealities themselves were all blessed with gold. So live the men of God alone they are my mentors cos am on my way to my billions. Peace

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Adefarasin Declares Self A Billionaire by Delafruita(m): 9:59am On Jun 21, 2011
Christianity this days is a matter of material things.many of our pastors have abandoned the teachings of christ and have coined their own teachings from the bible.they now preach the parts of the bible that support their doctrine of prosperity while leaving out the ones the diminish the value of wealth.pastors want to drive exotic cars,wear flashy suits,fly private jets,sail their own yachts etc.thats why i will continue to admire prophet Temitope Joshua.in my opinion,he teaches what the bible says.i never listen to his sermon without having to rethink my life.he might lack the eloquence and charisma of other pastors but his teachings and actions are more than enough to make me want to live a better life.
Re: Pastor Adefarasin Declares Self A Billionaire by Afritelly: 10:13am On Jun 21, 2011
I guess christians in Naija should go on strike for three days (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) and let us what will happen to those pastors.
Re: Pastor Adefarasin Declares Self A Billionaire by mallorca(m): 10:54am On Jun 21, 2011
success4:

Vanity upon vanity ALL is nothing but VANITY,
i wish them pastors will read this
Re: Pastor Adefarasin Declares Self A Billionaire by Ibime(m): 11:06am On Jun 21, 2011
Of course a pastor of a billionaire is a billionaire.

It only takes ten people to earn a billion for the pastor himself to earn a billion.

Is the pastor trying to teach us simple arithmetic or what?

0.1 x 10 x (1 x 109) = 1 x  109  = 1,000,000,000

where 0.1 = tithal contribution

and 10 = number of people in Pastor Adefarasin's church who earned a billion whilst worshipping at his church.

QED

Therefore, it is mathematically proven that a pastor of billionaires is a billionaire, not all this nonsense he is talking about "goat following baboon".

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Adefarasin Declares Self A Billionaire by maxifish: 11:14am On Jun 21, 2011
Na wa o, N8.5m a day for church services? Thats about N18m a month. I just wonder how much money they get from offerings to be able to finance that.
Re: Pastor Adefarasin Declares Self A Billionaire by oloriooko(m): 11:19am On Jun 21, 2011
Why do people shout when they hear that a Pastor is rich?

Does this mean that they can only accept the Pastors when they are poor or average?

Or do they think that getting rich is not acceptable in the Church?

I wonder why some people make themselves enemies of progress!

@ poster: The Pastor is rich and there is nothing anyone can do about that!
Re: Pastor Adefarasin Declares Self A Billionaire by bisiaet: 11:26am On Jun 21, 2011
For goodness sake why is it that when it comes to Nigeria pastor saying anything is always about money, wealth and materials? I am not so impressed by what pastor Adefarasin said I do not expect all this from a man of God to be boastful about money.

So deos this means all what pastoral job is about is Money and Wealth? This is so sad. Pastors can not be trusted again when it comes to Money, they just want more more and more. I remember those day of true pastors whereas they died serving God and humanity and has nothing> By the way what does Pope John Paul left anything behind? Only Bible. What does Mother Theresa left behind? Only Bible. And these are the people that if they wish to be Billionaire they would be BUT they serve God and Humanity till death but our so called pastors today are just out there boasting about money. And so many church members are struggling to survive this is so embbarrassing.

The truth is can't we as a christain ask ourselves a very simple question like "why is it that it is only christainity you will see money madness stuffs and boastful money, money pastors? Cant we ask ourselves how many Imam of a Mosque have private jet or br boasting of Billions? Is Islamic they not also a religion or dont they have leaders? All I know is one good day I mean one good day as Bible says it we shall all see what will happen when that Jesus will come on the judgement day we shall all see who is a true man of God or a man of devil or a man of money then their would be no hidden place anylonger we shall all see it. God bless.
Re: Pastor Adefarasin Declares Self A Billionaire by cvibe: 11:34am On Jun 21, 2011
I guess this was one of the reasons why the CBN Gov was prevented from removing the excess Zeros from the Naira.
Re: Pastor Adefarasin Declares Self A Billionaire by chuckdee4(m): 11:41am On Jun 21, 2011
There's nothing wrong with a pastor being rich but boasting about it takes the buscuit.

shadrach77:

Pastor Paul Adefarasin
“I am a billionaire and there is nothing anybody can do about it,”

Does that include GOD lipsrsealed
Re: Pastor Adefarasin Declares Self A Billionaire by koyaabj: 11:43am On Jun 21, 2011
Adefarasin, has never realy been a pastor but a spoilt brat who missed his way and GOD rescued him, realy he might have billions in his acct because his father and mother are great and rich people.

If F.R.A. Williams is worth 26billion then his own parent will be worth 20billion, so he must have inherited billions then add church money, u can imagine how much he is worth,
the only thing i will beg of him is to give his members offering & tight holiday for six months then i will congratulate him for being a Man of GOD.  shocked cheesy grin tongue embarassed undecided cry kiss
Re: Pastor Adefarasin Declares Self A Billionaire by djon78(m): 11:43am On Jun 21, 2011
[b]i was in the service, what apstor paul was saying that u dont just quantify him with just being a pastor, that he is more than that. he is a builder of men, a mentor to billionaires and etc. coming here to criticise him is rubbish. i think u all need to get a life.
the poster did not include that he mentioned in his preaching that he did not own any house of his own anywhere in Nigeria, he also said that. i think na poverty mentality dey worry many of u lot here in Nigeria. True there are many deceivers out there and i am very conscious of so called men of God, but pastor paul Adefarasin is a man i respect, he is not a deceiver, he only believes in quality in all he does, thats why he is impacting that to his congregation and also mentoring them to impact positively on Nigeria by becoming into great bussiness men and women that can be able to lift Nigeria and Africa from darkness and poverty. and that is why am aligned to his vision too.

the funny thing is that all these bad belle people will just cut out phrase to blast a man that is doing best and not quote everything. in April pastor paul and his church raised up what was called kafanchan initiative for all our brothers displaced in the north, and the amount of goods(clothes, foods, and many other things) that was sent to northern Nigeria was like 5 big lorry loads of goods. or should i talk of the prison ministry of house on the rock which i have been part a while ago, i followed them to prisons in lagos ikoyi, kirikiri prison and i was shocked with what isaw that day people that have been in prison for years without commiting any crime. we went with doctors, lawyers, and many supplies of goods for those in prison.  but people will come here and be blowing there mouth and not knowing the kind of help these churches offer to the society.

the funny thing is that most of these criticizers like the poster can talk bad about people but how many of people have u helped, how many have u been able to assist in one way or another? am sure if u research most of people like this poster live only for themselves they will have the effrontery to insult a man that has been doing his part to help and impact the society. rubbish.[/b]
Re: Pastor Adefarasin Declares Self A Billionaire by TeeJay6(m): 11:47am On Jun 21, 2011
koyaabj:

Adefarasin, has never realy been a pastor[b] but a spoilt brat who missed his way and GOD rescued him[/b], realy he might have billions in his acct because his father and mother are great and rich people.

Thanks God for rescuing the spoilt brats of this world, to Him be all the glory
Re: Pastor Adefarasin Declares Self A Billionaire by catso(m): 11:49am On Jun 21, 2011
I think its beta each one get focused in life and don't get distracted that someone is rich or not.
It is God Himself that giveth power to maketh rich:
Prov 10:22 "The blessing of the Lord, it maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow with it." - KJV

1 Sam 2:7 " The Lord maketh poor, and maketh rich: he bringeth low, and lifteth up." - KJV

Deut 8:18 " But thou shalt remember the Lord thy God: for it is he that giveth thee power to get wealth, that he may establish his covenant which he sware unto thy fathers, as it is this day." - KJV

It is not a crime to be rich, pastor or no pastor. Don't be ignorant, choose your own path in life and fulfill your destiny.
You don't have to be the prosecutor, the judge and the jury.
We all have equal opportunity to be rich in life.
Re: Pastor Adefarasin Declares Self A Billionaire by dforestfox: 11:50am On Jun 21, 2011
I am a christian and i reckon most of the so called pastors says alot of 'b*ll Shit' , why cant we Nigerian just see through them, Adefarasin,Oyedepo,Oyakhilome, TB Joshua,Ashimolowo,Okotie and the likes of them are all arrogant corky idiots, i F**king hate them all, why would a pastor need a private jet,why would all of them want to compete with the size of their bloody churches, and why will Adebayo and the silly pastor of MFM think they can block the ibadan motorway cause of the money making churches, i was once stuck in the silly traffic over night driving back from ijebu,didnt get home till 11am the next day considering the fact i left Ijebu at 6pm the previous day!!!, in short i hate all of the silly 'new generation' self centered pastors with passion!!arrgggggggggggggg, i cant even stand them all!!I pray i come across one of them someday and i will give them a piece of my mind, and i will wait for their god to send their thunder to strike me!!
Re: Pastor Adefarasin Declares Self A Billionaire by djon78(m): 11:56am On Jun 21, 2011
[color=#990000]pastor paul does not only preach about money, this year alone he has preached on building a strong prayer life, dieing to the altar. i have been in service where he has blasted young men and women that sleep around and live dirty life. pastor paul is a very balanced preacher, he is an all round and he is building up the life of many young people by teaching them to fear God, think big, believe big, work hard, and impact your society. to me he is a good role model for young people of nowadays especially in Nigeria where every thing has been messed up. so quit all these your bashing you dont know a bit of what is going on there.[/color]
Re: Pastor Adefarasin Declares Self A Billionaire by Joagbaje(m): 12:24pm On Jun 21, 2011
Odunu:

The pastor is walking in faith, even the blind and dumb can decipher that from the message

You are right

Psalms 34:2
2 My soul shall make her boast in the Lord: the humble shall hear thereof, and be glad.

It is not a sin for a man to boast ,so long as it is within his jurisdiction. If he make boast of the Work of God .  What is wrong is making boast in someone else testimony without working yours out

1 Corinthians 3:21
21 Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours;

Paul had his own boast.

2 Corinthians 10:14-15
14 We are not going too far in our boasting, as would be the case if we had not come to you, for we did get as far as you with the gospel of Christ. 15 Neither do we go beyond our limits by boasting of work done by others. Our hope is that, as your faith continues to grow, our area of activity among you will greatly expand,

noetic16:

his right is not in dispute here . . . . but the question is "are those utterances Christ-like? do they reflect the spirit in him?"

Jesus had his own boastings

John 3:35
35 The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand.

John 16:15
15 All things that the Father hath are mine
:
Re: Pastor Adefarasin Declares Self A Billionaire by Pukkah: 12:32pm On Jun 21, 2011
Motivational speakers they are! Motivational speakers who happen to be 'Christians'. Motivational speakers who also use religion as a tool.  In any case, motivational speakers need not be Christians. But motivational speakers who are not real Christians should stop claiming to be Christians. A sound knowledge of the Bible does not make you a Pastor or a real Christian but it can make you a rich motivational speaker or a 'life coach'.  Hmmm, religion remains an opium sha!

Package religion and garnish it with 'motivational speaking', or is it 'life coaching'?; and boom, you have cash. Very soon and very, very soon, or has it started happening?, we shall have motivational speakers/life coaches who are Muslims, or traditional worshippers. Abi, religion is religion; just have a large congregation and you've got the critical mass that you can 'work it out' with. This sounds nice, adapt nice verses of the Quran and teachings of Orunmila and you're a 'life coach' undecided. Aha, when are we going to have Boko Haram Motivational Speakers?

Sorry please, just musing.
Re: Pastor Adefarasin Declares Self A Billionaire by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jun 21, 2011
Christianity, wealth. something doesn't click here specially when d subject is even a pastor. I might not have wot 2 nail him here but wot about Jesus' preaching abt d rich man, dat he said it will be very difficult 4 him 2 enter d kingdom of God cos he's money will always be on his mind. Also wot abt not laying ur treasures on earth where moths will devour. Again y be d preacher of particular class?. Jesus didn't do dat, as a matter of fact he came 4 everybody. if u are so blessed spiritually, trust me, even d richest dat is sober will seek u out. Finally, wot dis so call rich pastors, I believe have done is turning d bible 2 a clay n a potters wheel. Shaped out their desired lifestyles n leave out fear n crosses 2 follow Christ truly.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Revd Michael Olusegun Is The New Methodist Church Archbishop Of Abuja / Confessing Your Sins To A Priest. / Pastor Chris Oyakilome's Phone Number

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.