Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,843 members, 7,828,071 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:26 PM

Pastor Adefarasin Declares Self A Billionaire - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Adefarasin Declares Self A Billionaire (13990 Views)

Pastor Paul Adefarasin Directing Traffic On Lagos Island (Photos) / Paul Adefarasin Shares Christmas Gifts To The Less Privileged (Photos) / Pastor Paul Adefarasin Shows Off His Toned Physique (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Adefarasin Declares Self A Billionaire by Pukkah: 12:42pm On Jun 21, 2011
dforestfox:

why would a pastor need a private jet,why would all of them want to compete with the size of their bloody churches, and why will Adebayo and the silly pastor of MFM think they can block the ibadan motorway cause of the money making churches, i was once stuck in the silly traffic over night driving back from ijebu,didnt get home till 11am the next day considering the fact i left Ijebu at 6pm the previous day!!!

Please tell them! They have conspired with other factors to turn the Lagos/Ibadan expressway into a menace.  The travelling experience on that expressway, especially on days they hold any program, has become nightmarish. embarassed
Re: Pastor Adefarasin Declares Self A Billionaire by JeSoul(f): 12:52pm On Jun 21, 2011
Joagbaje:

You are right

Psalms 34:2
2 My soul shall make her boast in the Lord: the humble shall hear thereof, and be glad.

It is not a sin for a man to boast ,so long as it is within his jurisdiction. If he make boast of the Work of God .  What is wrong is making boast in someone else testimony without working yours out

1 Corinthians 3:21
21 Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours;

Paul had his own boast.

2 Corinthians 10:14-15
14 We are not going too far in our boasting, as would be the case if we had not come to you, for we did get as far as you with the gospel of Christ. 15 Neither do we go beyond our limits by boasting of work done by others. Our hope is that, as your faith continues to grow, our area of activity among you will greatly expand,

Jesus had his own boastings

John 3:35
35 The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand.

John 16:15
15 All things that the Father hath are mine
:

There is boasting in the Lord - where the glory goes to God

And then there is boasting in yourself - where the glory goes to yourself

Judge for yourself, is a man standing on a stage in a luxurious hotel dressed in expensive clothes, declaring the billions in his bank account - glorifying to God?

Please Joagbaje, do not compare the humble words of our Lord Jesus speaking on the incomprehensible greatness of the Father, or Paul showing off the good works of conversion and subsequent fruit in the church - with the despicable utterances of a foolish man talking about how much money he has in his bank account. PLEASE DO NOT. I mean do you not see the great difference between the two?
Re: Pastor Adefarasin Declares Self A Billionaire by zenatta: 12:59pm On Jun 21, 2011
@post

no brainer that I like Pastor Adefarasin. Long long ago followed as he told his story, his struggles

maybe his speech is a tad boastful but why not, what parent has not beat their chest to acclaim a well turned out child. an apple can not fall far from the tree. A mother's glory is in the beauty of a well brought up child.  God our heavenly Father was boastful of Job.

Pastor A has every right to claim he is a billonaire because you cannot impact what you don't have. A kingmaker always has the ears of the king. The Pastor can never be poor when the people he has preached to are very wealthy, c'est ne pas possible!
Motivational speaker, preacher, no matter,as long as  when the man who was down hears him and sets about life anew to the point of resounding success, that all that matters

Pastor A has always been a down-to-earth person. and that works for me. I remember a story he told about a member desiring his annointing
Please kill the notion that men who dilligently serve God ought to be poor. Not so. God rewards always. God is a rule changer, but thats the story for another day.
Pastor A does not look to me as a list man. We know the list people. ( an aside) Ehn, Nigerians and their love for inclusion in lists
Re: Pastor Adefarasin Declares Self A Billionaire by AkanA1(m): 1:29pm On Jun 21, 2011
Pastor Joagbaje
Ur analogies and comparisons between words of the bible and earthly events is just disgusting. U r clearly 1 of those guys that looks 4 bible quotations 2 support any of ur greedy/ nefarious activities. The bible clearly talks about being spiritually and not carnally minded. The bible tells us 2 seek 1st the Kingdom of God rather than running after worldly treasures, lay up treasure in heaven were thieves cant break in and devour. I wonder whether all these bible verses have been chewed up by moths in that ur bibles,
Re: Pastor Adefarasin Declares Self A Billionaire by mrofficial(m): 1:45pm On Jun 21, 2011
I'm not gonna criticise any pastor but i still hold to the verse in the bible.

Ec:1:2: Vanity of vanities, saith the Preacher, vanity of vanities; all is vanity.

Since men of God rewards are not in this earth, why bag billions when masses are suffering? I don't care what you've done for the masses, that should not justify the reason you have billions in your account.
Re: Pastor Adefarasin Declares Self A Billionaire by cgift(m): 2:02pm On Jun 21, 2011
zenatta:

@post

no brainer that I like Pastor Adefarasin. Long long ago followed as he told his story, his struggles

maybe his speech is a tad boastful but why not, what parent has not beat their chest to acclaim a well turned out child. an apple can not fall far from the tree. A mother's glory is in the beauty of a well brought up child.  God our heavenly Father was boastful of Job.

Pastor A has every right to claim he is a billonaire because you cannot impact what you don't have. A kingmaker always has the ears of the king. The Pastor can never be poor when the people he has preached to are very wealthy, c'est ne pas possible!
Motivational speaker, preacher, no matter,as long as  when the man who was down hears him and sets about life anew to the point of resounding success, that all that matters

Pastor A has always been a down-to-earth person. and that works for me. I remember a story he told about a member desiring his annointing
Please kill the notion that men who dilligently serve God ought to be poor. Not so. God rewards always. God is a rule changer, but thats the story for another day.
Pastor A does not look to me as a list man. We know the list people. ( an aside) Ehn, Nigerians and their love for inclusion in lists

Thanks jare zenatta.

its funny people love to give meanings out of context and say things without proper understanding. The person that will like to die poor should indicate here for all to see! Someone gets a turnaround in his life, finds his God-ordained destiny and calling from the miry clay he was drowning and gets lifted as He lifts Jesus up with his works and life and someone feels bitter about it! I just wonder!

That same person has become a blessing to thousands over time, and has been used by God to change destinies, some people come here and say its not good enough!

The bad ones have really tainted the image of the few good ones, but when we see fake and original products, there are things you look out for in knowing which is which. Pastor Paul did not start off like this, there was the price to pay and he has paid it even after giving his life to Christ! There has been days of need, despair, sorrow and challenges, but God has remained faithful. He has carried his cross, he is still carrying alas! But  to come here and criticise, when you don't know half of the story is pathetic really and shows how your reasoning has been beclouded and may even rob you of your own chance to be great in life!

My advice to you all haters without a just cause is to GET TO KNOW JESUS, WALK IN HIS LOVE, SEEK UNDERSTANDING AND WISDOM in order to WORK OUT THE BLESSINGS THAT GOD HAS ALREADY DEPOSITED IN YOU, and see if you will not manifest His glory here on earth.

NB: the blessings are an aftermath (they will come naturally) and Pastor PA and House On The Rock uses theirs to bless lives in no small dimension the same way the blessings of God come  upon the people whose lives have changed through his teachings.

Mr Akan 1; to matured Christians, money is a tool, a servant and not a master. Please get rich in a godly manner and give back to the society, that is the kind of Akan I will like to see and not a pauper who becomes a liability to the society.

mr.official:

I'm not gonna criticise any pastor but i still hold to the verse in the bible.

Ec:1:2: Vanity of vanities, saith the Preacher, vanity of vanities; all is vanity.

Since men of God rewards are not in this earth, why bag billions when masses are suffering? I don't care what you've done for the masses, that should not justify the reason you have billions in your account.

So you think the money is the reward ? Jesus Christ! Please, I invite you to Church on Sunday at the expo center, Eko Hotel and suites come 26th June, 2011. Just come and get understanding. God will meet you at the point of your need (one of which as I can obviously see is understanding).

Pastor Paul's life clearly shows how to use your gifts as a motivational speaker, Pastor, teacher, life coach, etc in Christ and attain the mark that God has always destined for you. So, he is in Christ, and that is the fundamental reason for the success in whatever he does.

Be challenged by his life rather than let it be a stumbling block to you.

Peace!!
Re: Pastor Adefarasin Declares Self A Billionaire by mrofficial(m): 2:07pm On Jun 21, 2011
@cgift, How can money be the reward? Don't you know what money can do on this planet? Or have you been living under a rock? Don't contradict yourself! I'm off jare. No time for needless arguments.
Re: Pastor Adefarasin Declares Self A Billionaire by cgift(m): 2:18pm On Jun 21, 2011
mr.official:

@cgift, How can money be the reward? Don't you know what money can do on this planet? Or have you been living under a rock? Don't contradict yourself! I'm off jare. No time for needless arguments.

I can see that money can buy your life right ?
Re: Pastor Adefarasin Declares Self A Billionaire by MMM2(m): 3:01pm On Jun 21, 2011
ride on pastor
Re: Pastor Adefarasin Declares Self A Billionaire by namdo(m): 3:44pm On Jun 21, 2011
yes but if i am a billionaire in GOD i will be careful about boasting in it. instead my passion would be to the suffering masses.
Re: Pastor Adefarasin Declares Self A Billionaire by Joagbaje(m): 4:04pm On Jun 21, 2011
@ JeSoul
JeSoul:

There is boasting in the Lord - where the glory goes to God

And then there is boasting in yourself - where the glory goes to yourself

Judge for yourself, is a man standing on a stage in a luxurious hotel dressed in expensive clothes, declaring the billions in his bank account - glorifying to God?

Please Joagbaje, do not compare the humble words of our Lord Jesus speaking on the incomprehensible greatness of the Father, or Paul showing off the good works of conversion and subsequent fruit in the church - with the despicable utterances of a foolish man talking about how much money he has in his bank account. PLEASE DO NOT. I mean do you not see the great difference between the two?

He didn't claim to have billion in his account. He said he had raised billionaires so he is a billionaire. My understanding of his statement is like a coach that led a team to win in the olympics or world cup, He can claim to have won world cup.
Re: Pastor Adefarasin Declares Self A Billionaire by Hardeyorlah(f): 4:16pm On Jun 21, 2011
D pastor get mouth die
Re: Pastor Adefarasin Declares Self A Billionaire by Joagbaje(m): 4:20pm On Jun 21, 2011
@all

Calling a christian a millionaire or billionaire in an understatement. A christian own all things. He owns the world. All things belong to christ.

Romans 4:13
For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith

In christ all things are ours. The choice is ours. If want it, collect, if you don't want ,no problem.

. . . For all things are yours;
Re: Pastor Adefarasin Declares Self A Billionaire by cgift(m): 4:40pm On Jun 21, 2011
Joagbaje:

@all

Calling a christian a millionaire or billionaire in an understatement. A christian own all things. He owns the world. All things belong to christ.

For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith

In christ all things are ours. The choice is ours. If want it, collect, if you don't want ,no problem.

nice summary cheesy I will surely work it out!!!!!
Re: Pastor Adefarasin Declares Self A Billionaire by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jun 21, 2011
Joagbaje:

@all

So let me ask you, as a christian do you own the world?
Re: Pastor Adefarasin Declares Self A Billionaire by mabell: 4:50pm On Jun 21, 2011
Pastor Adefarasin can go ahead and scream he is a zillionaire if he can
A christian has being given that authority, that leaverage to be whatever he wants to be and above all he has being given all there is to life, whether money or otherwise

1Co 3:21 ¶ Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours;
1Co 3:22 Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are yours;
(KJV)

It now depends on the christian to believe, speak it and see it come to pass

Mr 9:23 Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.
Re: Pastor Adefarasin Declares Self A Billionaire by dare2think: 4:50pm On Jun 21, 2011
Joagbaje:

@all

You are joking, right?

Why dont you go to saudi arabia and claim your riches since Christians own the world?
Why don't you get a visa and travel to china and claim your riches there since a christian owns all things?
Why dont you go to JOS and claim the world?
Please dont bother to work hard and invest and lets  see how you will "own the world"
Give me a list of Christians that have owned the world, or that still owns the world,
Pls get real.

Do only Christians own all things? Please what has a christian done that people of other faiths have not done?

Try and sit down and "collect it " without working towards it and lets see the outcome. People wonder why Africa is so behind, well, because we wait for God to do everything. Why then did he give us strenght and brains for?
Re: Pastor Adefarasin Declares Self A Billionaire by Tonyet1(m): 5:00pm On Jun 21, 2011
No na! Why would anyone want to boasts in worldly things for christ sake?

Jo, we really shouldnt be quoting out of bible context. . .we have folks reading.

Ok! you might want to read this

Jer 9:23-24

23 Thus saith the LORD, Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty man glory in his might, let not the rich man boast in his riches:

24 But let him that boasts boast in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the LORD which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the LORD. KJV

Do we really need a prophet to know that this MOG (Pst.Paul) got it a bit wrong here?. Jo, pls try and accept that this men even though they may be genuine they still make blunders. Stop defending their errors!. . .its really not right!
Re: Pastor Adefarasin Declares Self A Billionaire by dare2think: 5:12pm On Jun 21, 2011
^^^^^^^^

It is only not right, it makes you look suspectful. You seem to lean alot in men, just because they call themselves "men of God".
Re: Pastor Adefarasin Declares Self A Billionaire by Tonyet1(m): 5:25pm On Jun 21, 2011
^^ but he doesnt come as a leaner. . .I believe he' has simply taken up a defensive attitude following the incessant bashing of MOGs in this section. Ask him!?
Re: Pastor Adefarasin Declares Self A Billionaire by obowunmi(m): 5:31pm On Jun 21, 2011
Nigerians are severely deluded people.
Re: Pastor Adefarasin Declares Self A Billionaire by dare2think: 5:34pm On Jun 21, 2011
@ Tonye-t

It is understandable to defend people you admire or serves as a source of inspiration to you.

But this criticism did not come out as a result of inactivity on these men's part, either positive or negative.

But sometimes it is honorable to acknowledge the "wrong" or ,"percieved wrong" (if you don't want to judge them),when the ngative aspect is exposed.

Defending them in light of these "percieved wrong" and quoting the bible out of context in support  is dubious. And we all know it.
Re: Pastor Adefarasin Declares Self A Billionaire by obowunmi(m): 5:37pm On Jun 21, 2011
koyaabj:

Adefarasin, the only thing i will beg of him is to give his members offering & tight holiday for six months then i will congratulate him for being a Man of GOD.  shocked cheesy grin tongue embarassed undecided cry kiss

No such thing as offering holiday, do you want god to be ANGRY ? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Pastor Adefarasin Declares Self A Billionaire by obowunmi(m): 5:38pm On Jun 21, 2011
Pukkah:

Motivational speakers they are! Motivational speakers who happen to be 'Christians'. Motivational speakers who also use religion as a tool.  In any case, motivational speakers need not be Christians. But motivational speakers who are not real Christians should stop claiming to be Christians. A sound knowledge of the Bible does not make you a Pastor or a real Christian but it can make you a rich motivational speaker or a 'life coach'.  Hmmm, religion remains an opium sha!

Package religion and garnish it with 'motivational speaking', or is it 'life coaching'?; and boom, you have cash. Very soon and very, very soon, or has it started happening?, we shall have motivational speakers/life coaches who are Muslims, or traditional worshippers. Abi, religion is religion; just have a large congregation and you've got the critical mass that you can 'work it out' with. This sounds nice, adapt nice verses of the Quran and teachings of Orunmila and you're a 'life coach' undecided. Aha, when are we going to have Boko Haram Motivational Speakers?

Sorry please, just musing.

A former drug user offers "Christianity," he calls it motivational speaking --- ahahaha! All politicians should become Pastors as well.
Re: Pastor Adefarasin Declares Self A Billionaire by iyke100(m): 6:50pm On Jun 21, 2011
These so called men of God are all THIEVES, If "pastor" paul actually uttered those words, then he is a huge JOKE
Re: Pastor Adefarasin Declares Self A Billionaire by oscartawn1: 7:45pm On Jun 21, 2011
[size=16pt]WARNING:[/size]

For all those speaking ill about men of God! See what's written:

"1Ch 16:22 Saying, Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm.
Ps 105:15 Saying, Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm."

Saul was after the life of David and he forced David to run into caves, (cos he'd kill David at the slightest opportunity) and live in exile but this was what David said when he had a "golden" opportunity to take the life of Saul:
I Sam 24: 4-6 "And the men of David said unto him, Behold the day of which the LORD said unto thee, Behold, I will deliver thine enemy into thine hand, that thou mayest do to him as it shall seem good unto thee. Then David arose, and cut off the skirt of Saul's robe privily.

And it came to pass afterward, that David's heart smote him, because he had cut off Saul's skirt.

And he said unto his men, The LORD forbid that I should do this thing unto my master, the LORD'S anointed, to stretch forth mine hand against him, seeing he is the anointed of the LORD."

Mariam and Aaron weren't very fortunate when they spoke against Moses because of his "choice of wife".
[size=30pt]He that has an ear let him hear![/size]
Re: Pastor Adefarasin Declares Self A Billionaire by JeSoul(f): 7:56pm On Jun 21, 2011
oscartawn1:

WARNING:

For all those speaking ill about men of God! See what's written:

"1Ch 16:22 Saying, Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm.
Ps 105:15 Saying, Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm."

Saul was after the life of David and he forced David to run into caves, (cos he'd kill David at the slightest opportunity) and live in exile but this was what David said when he had a "golden" opportunity to take the life of Saul:
I Sam 24: 4-6 "And the men of David said unto him, Behold the day of which the LORD said unto thee, Behold, I will deliver thine enemy into thine hand, that thou mayest do to him as it shall seem good unto thee. Then David arose, and cut off the skirt of Saul's robe privily.

And it came to pass afterward, that David's heart smote him, because he had cut off Saul's skirt.

And he said unto his men, The LORD forbid that I should do this thing unto my master, the LORD'S anointed, to stretch forth mine hand against him, seeing he is the anointed of the LORD."

Mariam and Aaron weren't very fortunate when they spoke against Moses because of his "choice of wife".
He that has an ear let him hear!

[size=23pt] WARNING: DO NOT TWIST SCRIPTURE TO MAKE IT SAY WHAT IT DOESN'T SAY! [/size]

2 Pet 3:16 "Speaking of these things in all of his letters. Some of his comments are hard to understand, and those who are ignorant and unstable have twisted his letters to mean something quite different, just as they do with other parts of Scripture. And this will result in their destruction

You're not the only one who knows how to make big fonts.
Re: Pastor Adefarasin Declares Self A Billionaire by InesQor(m): 7:58pm On Jun 21, 2011
JeSoul:

You're not the only one who knows how to make big fonts.
Lolz
Re: Pastor Adefarasin Declares Self A Billionaire by tundesto(m): 8:12pm On Jun 21, 2011
An example of a drunk Pastor.
Re: Pastor Adefarasin Declares Self A Billionaire by frenchman2: 8:17pm On Jun 21, 2011
Haven gone through all comments on this topic, i just can't understand why we take pleasure in judging others.

for you christians, remember what the bible says, 'who are you to judge another man's servant.

it's God's duty to judge, not man's.

and also don't forget, what you sow is what you reap. watch the seeds you're sowing.

Don't do to others what you know you wouldn't want others to do to you.

Be warned.
Re: Pastor Adefarasin Declares Self A Billionaire by tundesto(m): 8:24pm On Jun 21, 2011
An example of a drunk Pastor.
Re: Pastor Adefarasin Declares Self A Billionaire by dare2think: 8:39pm On Jun 21, 2011
frenchman2:

Haven gone through all comments on this topic, i just can't understand why we take pleasure in judging others.

for you christians, remember what the bible says, 'who are you to judge another man's servant.

it's God's duty to judge, not man's.

and also don't forget, what you sow is what you reap. watch the seeds you're sowing.

Don't do to others what you know you wouldn't want others to do to you.

Be warned.

How do you know he is a "man of God"?

Did God tell you?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

7 Ways To Practice Effective Evangelism / This is the Will of GOD: "You should abstain from fornication" / Lent: Countdown To 40 Days Fasting.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.