Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,200 members, 7,815,187 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:42 AM

I Am No Longer In Partisan Politics - Obasanjo To PDP Leaders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am No Longer In Partisan Politics - Obasanjo To PDP Leaders (30827 Views)

Ben Ayade Sacks Traditional Ruler For "Dabbling In Partisan Politics" / Kingsley Moghalu Quits Partisan Politics / What Will Happen To Religious Leaders Involved In Partisan Politics – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am No Longer In Partisan Politics - Obasanjo To PDP Leaders by abc115: 5:14pm On Jan 22, 2022
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo told leaders of opposition Peoples Democratic Party on Saturday that he won’t return to the party.

Obasanjo, 84, made this known when a PDP delegation led by the National Chairman of the party, Iyorchia Ayu, four former governors, and members of the party’s National Working Committee visited him at his residence in Abeokuta, Ogun State.

In the team include the PDP Vice-Presidential candidate in the 2019 election, Peter Obi; former Governors, Sule Lamido (Jigawa), Olusegun Mimiko (Ondo), Liyel Imoke (Cross River) and Donald Duke (Cross River).

The Deputy National Chairman of PDP (South), Taofeek Arapaja, and other party officials were part of the entourage.

Addressing the PDP delegation, Obasanjo said, “I’m no longer in partisan politics and there is nothing that can bring back. Anybody who wants my advice, I will always be there in the best interest of Nigeria.

“Whatever I do in my own life…because I became president on the platform of PDP, PDP will continue to be part of my life. Since the day I tore my PDP card, that was the day I ceased to be a member of PDP. That day I vowed not to be a member of any political party.

“I will continue to be a statesman.”

Obasanjo told Ayu that he has the problems of PDP and Nigeria on his shoulders, and prayed God to give him the wisdom to carry it.

Responding, Ayu told Obasanjo that “if you leave PDP, the blood of PDP will never leave you.”

He said the party would always require his fatherly advice towards governance in Nigeria.

Obasanjo was first Head of State from 1976 to 1979. After his prison ordeal, Obasanjo was later elected Nigeria’s President from 1999 to 2007 on the platform of the PDP.

He, however, publicly tore his PDP membership card in February 2015 after a feud with ex-President Goodluck Jonathan.

https://punchng.com/i-can-never-return-to-your-party-obasanjo-tells-pdp-leaders/

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am No Longer In Partisan Politics - Obasanjo To PDP Leaders by blamingthedevil: 5:17pm On Jan 22, 2022
Useless PDP and hopeless politicians... hope they did not enter Buhari train to Abeokuta, so that they did not dirty the train with their smelling baggages.

Obasanjo the most useless father of them all...

1. Withheld Lagos funds
2. Did nothing about Lagos Ibadan Expressway, while Buhari is almost completing the project
3. Did nothing about Lagos Ibadan railway , but Buhari started work on it 2017 and completed it 2020, (a space of three years)
4. Did nothing about Apapa -Oshodi- Ojota Expressway, Buhari almost completing it with PPP arrangement
5. PDP commission Second Niger Bridge on paper, But Buhari came and the bridge is almost completed
6 . Sixteen years in power, PIB was not passed by useless PDP, Buhari did wonders with it. .it is now law.
7. East West road was abandoned by PDP after stealing #200billion, Buhari is now completing the road
8. Enugu-Ontisha abandoned by this idiotic PDP , Buhari is now completing it with Sukuk Bond
9. Warri- Itakpe abandoned by this motherfucker PDP, Buhari completed it.
10. PDP withheld Rivers State Money for the Road Projects done under Amaechi, but Buhari release the N75 billion to Wike of PDP
11. Bonny Island has no road linking it to other parts of Rivers State under PDP, Buhari release counterpart funding of N60 billion , the road is 90% completion today
12. Nigeria imports 100% of Rice under PDP, today under Buhari, Nigeria produces the Rice she consumes 100%
13. Under PDP, Governors were unable to pay salaries, Buhari came and bailed them out
14. Abuja-Kaduna-Zaria Road was abandoned under PDP, the road is being totally reconstructed by Buhari Govt
15. PortHarcourt International Airport was rotten as hell under PDP, APC government came and made it one of the best airports in Nigeria with similar work in Lagos,Enugu ,Abuja and Kano
16. Abuja was being bombed daily under PDP, today Abuja people can testify

AND MANY MORE HERE - https://www.nairaland.com/6935108/best-president-ever-history-nigeria

132 Likes 32 Shares

Re: I Am No Longer In Partisan Politics - Obasanjo To PDP Leaders by FreeStuffsNG: 5:18pm On Jan 22, 2022
Addressing the PDP delegation, Obasanjo said, “I’m no longer in partisan politics and there is nothing that can bring back. Anybody who wants my advice, I will always be there in the best interest of Nigeria.

“Whatever I do in my own life…because I became president on the platform of PDP, PDP will continue to be part of my life. Since the day I tore my PDP card, that was the day I ceased to be a member of PDP. That day I vowed not to be a member of any political party.

“I will continue to be a statesman.”

O pari.

Meanwhile, good evening my fellow patriotic Nigerians, please vote for Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu.
Asiwaju Tinubu is extremely capable and competent to lead Nigeria to greater heights.
Asiwaju Tinubu is an experienced public administrator and a Patriot to the core. He will deliver and keep his promises to lead Nigeria to greater heights. I plead with you to please vote for Asiwaju Tinubu.
He is a visionary, brilliant and extremely capable and hardworking leader.
Please vote for him.
May God bless you and may God bless Nigeria forever.
Here's free book on business ideas & money sources directory for you,it's 100% free! https://www.nairaland.com/6666800/looking-business-ideas-money-fund. Cheers.

60 Likes 16 Shares

Re: I Am No Longer In Partisan Politics - Obasanjo To PDP Leaders by iokpebholo: 5:27pm On Jan 22, 2022
blamingthedevil:
Useless PDP and hopeless politicians... hope they did not enter Buhari train to Abeokuta, so that they did not dirty the train with their smelling baggages.

Obasanjo the most useless father of them all...

1. Withheld Lagos funds
2. Did nothing about Lagos Ibadan Expressway, while Buhari is almost completing the project
3. Did nothing about Lagos Ibadan railway , but Buhari started work on it 2017 and completed it 2020, (a space of three years)
4. Did nothing about Apapa -Oshodi- Ojota Expressway, Buhari almost completing it with PPP arrangement
5. PDP commission Second Niger Bridge on paper, But Buhari came and the bridge is almost completed
6 . Sixteen years in power, PIB was not passed by useless PDP, Buhari did wonders with it. .it is now law.
7. East West road was abandoned by PDP after stealing #200billion, Buhari is now completing the road
8. Enugu-Ontisha abandoned by this idiotic PDP , Buhari is now completing it with Sukuk Bond
9. Warri- Itakpe abandoned by this motherfucker PDP, Buhari completed it.
but u are typing all this rubbish with mobile network that was brought to nigeria by d PDP.......Do u know how many of ur kingsmen who are employed in dt sector??abi u want to compare that with ur outdated train

153 Likes 23 Shares

Re: I Am No Longer In Partisan Politics - Obasanjo To PDP Leaders by blamingthedevil: 5:33pm On Jan 22, 2022
iokpebholo:
but u are typing all this rubbish with mobile network that was brought to nigeria by d PDP.......Do u know how many of ur kingsmen who are employed in dt sector??abi u want to compare that with ur outdated train

You are wrong, you are not a good student of history:

Mobile network in Nigeria The cellular market started to develop in Nigeria in 1992. The first cellular network that entered the market was MTS (it stands for Mobile Telecommunications Service). Since this was the first company, it quickly gained the ‘monopoly’ status and extreme popularity adding thousands of lines to meet all the high demand of local people. The first cellphones didn’t boast many features. You could mostly make calls, send text messages, and listen to monophonic rings. Modern smartphones are like small computers in your hands. You know that a lot has changed since the 1990s. The biggest markets for cellular network to grow are Lagos, Kano, and Abuja. Many suburbs still don’t have wide access to the mobile network, but local networks keep developing their 4G networks and covering more outskirts areas to reach the whole 190 million population of the country. READ ALSO Development of radio broadcasting in Nigeria from 1930s to 2018 There are about 150 million mobile subscribers in Nigeria and many telco companies. Here are the most famous mobile networks in 2018: 9Mobile (former Etisalat) MTN Nigeria (this company acquired Visafone in 2016) Ntel Airtel Read more: https://www.legit.ng/1146671-history-telecommunication-nigeria.html

72 Likes 11 Shares

Re: I Am No Longer In Partisan Politics - Obasanjo To PDP Leaders by Jostoman: 5:34pm On Jan 22, 2022
God bless you BABA OBASANJO

16 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Am No Longer In Partisan Politics - Obasanjo To PDP Leaders by PrinceOfLagos: 5:37pm On Jan 22, 2022
Tinubu should do the same and retire from politics because age is no longer on his side

He should be of the same age with Obasanjo if not older

59 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I Am No Longer In Partisan Politics - Obasanjo To PDP Leaders by helinues: 5:39pm On Jan 22, 2022
Straight and forward.

Like I said earlier, OBJ can never go against the interest of SW in 2023 including Makinde, Fayose

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Am No Longer In Partisan Politics - Obasanjo To PDP Leaders by blamingthedevil: 5:40pm On Jan 22, 2022
[s]
PrinceOfLagos:
Tinubu should do the same and retire from politics because age is no longer on his side

[/s]

Stop jumping from one thread to the other

55 Likes 12 Shares

Re: I Am No Longer In Partisan Politics - Obasanjo To PDP Leaders by headSmasher: 5:40pm On Jan 22, 2022
Ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am No Longer In Partisan Politics - Obasanjo To PDP Leaders by PrinceOfLagos: 5:41pm On Jan 22, 2022
helinues:
Straight and forward.

Like I said earlier, OBJ can never go against the interest of SW in 2033 including Makinde, Fayose
But Obasanjo was used to deny MKO abiola presidency in 1993

You Tinubu asslickers will just sit in one place and be fabricating all sorts of lies to deceive the people

Was it not Obasanjo that IBB used to deny late chief Moshood kashimawo abiola predential victory in 1993?

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Am No Longer In Partisan Politics - Obasanjo To PDP Leaders by helinues: 5:42pm On Jan 22, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

But he was used to deny MKO abiola presidency in 1993

Alaye, refuse the urge to shalaye, Yoruba's don't wallow in the past and in addition we have forgiven spirit

43 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Am No Longer In Partisan Politics - Obasanjo To PDP Leaders by PrinceOfLagos: 5:43pm On Jan 22, 2022
helinues:

Alaye, refuse the urge to shalaye, Yoruba's don't wallow in the past and in addition we have forgiven spirit
You don change mouth because I don burst you .

Now talking about the future , What was the comment Prof wole Soyinka made some days ago when you Tinubu asslickers lied that he endorsed Ashiere Tinubu for 2023 presidency?

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Am No Longer In Partisan Politics - Obasanjo To PDP Leaders by helinues: 5:45pm On Jan 22, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

You don change mouth because I don burst you

What did you burst? You think everyone na chronic liar like you?

So RuudVanNistroyz is a guy residing in Imo state but with the impression of living in abroad

Try and get eyes pushing nigga

30 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Am No Longer In Partisan Politics - Obasanjo To PDP Leaders by PrinceOfLagos: 5:46pm On Jan 22, 2022
helinues:

What did you burst? You think everyone na chronic liar like you?

So RuudVanNistroyz is a guy residing in Imo state but with the impression of living in abroad

Try and get eyes pushing nigga
I will always be here to burst your lies and stale propaganda to deceive the people

You claimed Obasanjo cannot work against the interest of the Yoruba but IBB used him to annul 1993 presidential election that MKO abiola clearly won.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Am No Longer In Partisan Politics - Obasanjo To PDP Leaders by duro4chang(m): 5:47pm On Jan 22, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

That is Obasanjo's personal opinion and decision. Tinubu has the right to form his own opinion and take decision. It is now left for the people whether to vote in or not. Stop troubling yourself about Tinubu.

40 Likes 10 Shares

Re: I Am No Longer In Partisan Politics - Obasanjo To PDP Leaders by helinues: 5:47pm On Jan 22, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

I will always be here to burst your lies and stale propaganda to deceive the people

You are yet to burst anything.. like I said, others are not chronic liar like you.

You have lied more than Mr Lai Mohammed on this forum..

29 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Am No Longer In Partisan Politics - Obasanjo To PDP Leaders by duro4chang(m): 5:48pm On Jan 22, 2022
You don minit?
Re: I Am No Longer In Partisan Politics - Obasanjo To PDP Leaders by PrinceOfLagos: 5:48pm On Jan 22, 2022
duro4chang:
That is Obasanjo's personal opinion and decision. Tinubu has the right to form his own opinion and take decision. It is now left for the people whether to vote in or not. Stop troubling yourself about Tinubu.
Tinubu won't be president

Everything is just working against him as it stands

The people endorsing him were either paid or blackmailed into doing so..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am No Longer In Partisan Politics - Obasanjo To PDP Leaders by PrinceOfLagos: 5:49pm On Jan 22, 2022
helinues:

You are yet to burst anything.. like I said, others are not chronic liar like you.

You have lied more than Mr Lai Mohammed on this forum..
I just bursted one of your lies on this thread

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am No Longer In Partisan Politics - Obasanjo To PDP Leaders by phelps007: 5:49pm On Jan 22, 2022
grin grin

Baba vex tear dia card throway that year...

4 Likes

Re: I Am No Longer In Partisan Politics - Obasanjo To PDP Leaders by duro4chang(m): 5:52pm On Jan 22, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

Tinubu won't be president

Everything is just working against him as it stands

The people endorsing him were either paid or blackmailed into doing so..
Since you know he will fail why have you been troubling yourself? Many people will die of heart attack before 2023

34 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Am No Longer In Partisan Politics - Obasanjo To PDP Leaders by PrinceOfLagos: 5:55pm On Jan 22, 2022
duro4chang:
Since you know if will fail why have you been troubling yourself? Many people will die of heart attack before 2023
Buni is already taking care of Tinubu by whyning him like a little child

Adult wey no wan respect himself , Children go use am play

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am No Longer In Partisan Politics - Obasanjo To PDP Leaders by KingOfTheDamned: 6:05pm On Jan 22, 2022
helinues:

Do not derail threads you have been warned on numerous occasions

Mukina2 oam4j Dominique ishilove

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am No Longer In Partisan Politics - Obasanjo To PDP Leaders by KingOfTheDamned: 6:05pm On Jan 22, 2022
helinues:

Stop derailing threads with your tribalism
Seun Mukina2 oam4j Dominique ishilove

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am No Longer In Partisan Politics - Obasanjo To PDP Leaders by helinues: 6:13pm On Jan 22, 2022
KingOfTheDamned:

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Am No Longer In Partisan Politics - Obasanjo To PDP Leaders by duro4chang(m): 6:15pm On Jan 22, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

Buni is already taking care of Tinubu by whyning him like a little child

Adult wey no wan respect himself , Children go use am play
That is their own business not mine . Why then should you and I be having sleepless night on that?

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Am No Longer In Partisan Politics - Obasanjo To PDP Leaders by aspabay(m): 6:21pm On Jan 22, 2022
The coffin over PDP is finally nailed.

Never Again

18 Likes 6 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ambode Receives Namibian President On First Day In Office [see Photos] / APC Crisis: Tinubu Evades Peace Meeting / Buhari Approves N73bn Road Project For Lagos, Okays Dangote As Contractor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.