Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,170 members, 7,821,971 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

Please I Need Advice. Accra Or Cotonou - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Please I Need Advice. Accra Or Cotonou (670 Views)

From Abuja To Ghana,lome Or Cotonou ?? ?? / Niger Republic Dumps Nigeria, Opts For Ghana, Cotonou Ports / 20 Unbelievable Ways Cotonou Is Different From Lagos (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need Advice. Accra Or Cotonou by Msnbcny: 4:58am On Jan 23, 2022
I have #500,000 with me. Meanwhile My work needs steady electricity. Staying in Nigeria have really exhausted me, I always buy fuel everyday.

I have two countries on my mind. Travelling to Accra or Cotonou.

Please I need urgent advice. Does it worth it.
Sorry for my grammar.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Advice. Accra Or Cotonou by SportsHD: 4:59am On Jan 23, 2022
Accra all day, City of bantama savages and labadi beach.

Do you know about the electricity situation in Cotonou?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please I Need Advice. Accra Or Cotonou by Msnbcny: 5:02am On Jan 23, 2022
SportsHD:
Accra all day. How's the electricity situation in Cotonou? City of bantama and labadi beach.

I don't understand.

How do I get apartment in Accra. I don't know anyone. But due to language barrier, I think Accra is better. Because I don't speak french.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Advice. Accra Or Cotonou by GboyegaD(m): 5:03am On Jan 23, 2022
Accra because they speak English however, you could try places in Cotonou very close to the border perhaps, you might still be able to communicate with the natives as that is very key.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Advice. Accra Or Cotonou by Msnbcny: 5:03am On Jan 23, 2022
Will #500,000 enough for me to rent Both an apartment.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Advice. Accra Or Cotonou by Msnbcny: 5:05am On Jan 23, 2022
GboyegaD:
Accra because they speak English however, you could try places in Cotonou very close to the border perhaps, you might still be able to communicate with the natives as that is very key.

Seme is the only place close to Border, but I don't want to stay at seme

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Advice. Accra Or Cotonou by SportsHD: 5:07am On Jan 23, 2022
Msnbcny:

I don't understand.

How do I get apartment in Accra. I don't know anyone. But due to language barrier, I think Accra is better. Because I don't speak french.
There are English speakers in Cotonou too because of the fact that it's like a border town.
I don't know if they get 24 hours electricity like Accra though.

Nevertheless, I don't know about getting apartments in Accra. The only time I went there, I stayed at an hotel. English speakers and they're cool too. You can easily blend in. The electricity situation is also great.

But, Accra all day, a very lively city.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Advice. Accra Or Cotonou by Msnbcny: 5:51am On Jan 23, 2022
Is #500,000 enough to stay in Accra

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Advice. Accra Or Cotonou by muheeb01(m): 7:45am On Jan 23, 2022
Msnbcny:
I have #500,000 with me. Meanwhile My work needs steady electricity. Staying in Nigeria have really exhausted me, I always buy fuel everyday.

Sorry for my grammar.
if you need electricity that bad...you don't need to travel out to a country you know nothing about to avoid stories that touch,there are some remote or coded rural and urban locations here in nigeria that they enjoy at least 20hours uninterrupted power supply everyday here in nigeria, 1.iseyin town,okaka,fashola,baba ibeji, 2.oshogbo 3.new irepodun in oyo town or oyo london,do your research these places enjoy uninterrupted power supply

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please I Need Advice. Accra Or Cotonou by lasthero: 12:14pm On Jan 23, 2022
Msnbcny:

Sorry for my grammar.

If electricity is your major challenge. You can get inverters that will sustain your job
Re: Please I Need Advice. Accra Or Cotonou by gentlebullet(m): 3:36pm On Jan 23, 2022
Msnbcny:

Sorry for my grammar.

What make you think 500k is a lot of money enough to relocate to Cotonou or Accra? The Naira has lost its value so much.
1. The cost of transportation from Lagos to either of the two cities has triple cos of border closure due to covid out break.
2. Accommodation in both cities have increased in recent times due to the economic impact of covid.
3. Before you can rent an apartment in both cities, you will have to acquire a RP, this wasn't the case few years back but cos the present Nigerian govt have failed in its diplomatic duties for its citizens residents in those countries, the hosts are now more hostile and strict about undocumented Nigerians in their country. Moreover, applying for a RP will eat into your already little budget.
4. Both cities have constant electricity supply but very expensive.
5. Cost of living particularly in Accra is far more than that of Lagos so be prepared.

My advice: if you must relocate, up your budget to at least 1.5million to avoid getting stranded or been arrested for illegal stay in especially Accra.

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Send Foodstuffs To The UK? / Is Nigeria Safe For White Tourists? / Ebonyi Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.