Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,951 members, 7,817,791 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:47 PM

Abdulsalami Abubakar Trust TV Interview: I Advised Obasanjo Not To Join Politics - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abdulsalami Abubakar Trust TV Interview: I Advised Obasanjo Not To Join Politics (15674 Views)

Wike Receives Osinbajo, Abdulsalami Abubakar In Rivers (Photos) / "I Am Glad The PDP Is Going To Court” – Abdulsalami Abubakar / Buhari, Jonathan, Shonekan, Obasanjo, Abdulsalami Abubakar Meet In Aso Rock (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Trust TV Interview: I Advised Obasanjo Not To Join Politics by cktheluckyman: 5:06pm On Jan 23, 2022
Makinaki:

Really? And how old are you, again? Let me educate you. MKO Abiola of the Southwest won an election adjudged to be the freest ever in Nigeria. That election was unfairly and unjustifiably annuled by the military at the time. 1999 was about compensating the southwest for that injustice. Kapiche?
Oga the 93 elections results were annulled.it had no winner
Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Trust TV Interview: I Advised Obasanjo Not To Join Politics by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jan 23, 2022
Penguin2:
For peace to reign they tinkered with the law and allowed AD to be registered so that the Southwest healing process can be completed since they had adopted the AD as their own political party.

But some leaders of this same Southwest today are not willing to make a single sacrifice towards the healing of a section of this country that is bleeding. They now want everything for themselves. The rest of Nigerians can go and die.

2023 is the only chance Nigerians have to bury the ghost of the civil war by ensuring that equity and fairness guides the political parties into choosing Igbo men as Presidential flagbearers.

If Tinubu and Osinbajo love this country, they should choose its corporate existence over their ill guided ambitions.

The Southwest was settled in 1999. The Southeast should be settled in 2023.

SW did not threaten to burn the country down. present your candidate and let the people decide.

1 Like

Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Trust TV Interview: I Advised Obasanjo Not To Join Politics by Nyanmiridunce: 5:11pm On Jan 23, 2022
TheABOMINATION:

But presidency was handed to the south west in 1999, why can't the same be done for the south east in 2023.
Abiola was jailed and got killed for his stolen mandate hence the 1999 compensation. Pls educate us which Igbo man was a political prisoner vying for the post of president and then got killed in the process. Where were the yeebos during the NADECO days?

Abiola wasn't planning for the breakup of Nigeria but to the return of democracy. It was a Igbo man who went to court to get an injunction which made it impossible for abiola to get his mandate in '93. Yeebos never wish well for Nigeria and you want the north to trust you with power so you can bomb them into oblivion àbi.

You think Yoruba just folded hands while the north dash us presidency without any precedence? What national political struggle has any Igbo man got involved in prior to this time that got him killed?

3 Likes

Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Trust TV Interview: I Advised Obasanjo Not To Join Politics by VEHINTOLAR: 5:25pm On Jan 23, 2022
TheABOMINATION:

But presidency was handed to the south west in 1999, why can't the same be done for the south east in 2023.

The south west was robbed of its hard earned victory at the poll. It's a common knowledge that Chief MKO Abiola won the presidential election but he was denied the presidency. Now;that's the grudge of the South west. What should we say is the grudge or case of the south east for the presidency to be handed over to the Igbo people ? Remember Abiola was well loved across the country and his candidacy was well received among different ethnic groups. His victory at the poll was a landslide;he even defeated Torfa in his native Kano ! Love or hate Tinubu,he has die hard loyalists across the length and breadth of Nigeria. He is an astute politician and a bridge builder. Can same thing be said of any politician of Igbo extraction ? Even Igbo people don't like some of the Igbo politicians who are making efforts to reach out to the other parts of the country. You call them all sorts of derogatory names - okoroawusa,fulani slaves etc !

Simply put,on what ground should the presidency of Nigeria be handed over to the Igbo,please ?

1 Like

Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Trust TV Interview: I Advised Obasanjo Not To Join Politics by VEHINTOLAR: 5:27pm On Jan 23, 2022
Penguin2:

But Southwest could?

The south west was robbed of its hard earned victory at the poll. It's a common knowledge that Chief MKO Abiola won the presidential election but he was denied the presidency. Now;that's the grudge of the South west. What should we say is the grudge or case of the south east for the presidency to be handed over to the Igbo people ? Remember Abiola was well loved across the country and his candidacy was well received among different ethnic groups. His victory at the poll was a landslide;he even defeated Torfa in his native Kano ! Love or hate Tinubu,he has die hard loyalists across the length and breadth of Nigeria. He is an astute politician and a bridge builder. Can same thing be said of any politician of Igbo extraction ? Even Igbo people don't like some of the Igbo politicians who are making efforts to reach out to the other parts of the country. You call them all sorts of derogatory names - okoroawusa,fulani slaves etc !

Simply put,on what ground should the presidency of Nigeria be handed over to the Igbo,please ?

1 Like

Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Trust TV Interview: I Advised Obasanjo Not To Join Politics by MICHEALADEX(m): 6:00pm On Jan 23, 2022
izzy4shizzy:
One is 69 the other is 79

Mumu and this wan too is 79...every one's body type differs

Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Trust TV Interview: I Advised Obasanjo Not To Join Politics by izzy4shizzy(m): 6:01pm On Jan 23, 2022
MICHEALADEX:

Mumu and this wan too is 79...every one's body type differs

Okay, Minister for Mumu allocation
Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Trust TV Interview: I Advised Obasanjo Not To Join Politics by MrMacinterchi1: 6:42pm On Jan 23, 2022
Penguin2:
For peace to reign they tinkered with the law and allowed AD to be registered so that the Southwest healing process can be completed since they had adopted the AD as their own political party.

But some leaders of this same Southwest today are not willing to make a single sacrifice towards the healing of a section of this country that is bleeding. They now want everything for themselves. The rest of Nigerians can go and die.

2023 is the only chance Nigerians have to bury the ghost of the civil war by ensuring that equity and fairness guides the political parties into choosing Igbo men as Presidential flagbearers.

If Tinubu and Osinbajo love this country, they should choose its corporate existence over their ill guided ambitions.

Hmmm. it's well
Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Trust TV Interview: I Advised Obasanjo Not To Join Politics by BJanta: 6:55pm On Jan 23, 2022
Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Trust TV Interview: I Advised Obasanjo Not To Join Politics by onuman: 7:46pm On Jan 23, 2022
Who are you to advise Obasanjo on his political beliefs?
Because northern military dictators proliferated excess number of 19 states in the old Northern region, and through the process, assigned excess political representation and economic advantages to you politicians in the northern region.
Three regions formed Nigeria. Why would northern region have 19 states?
Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Trust TV Interview: I Advised Obasanjo Not To Join Politics by Realist12: 10:47pm On Jan 23, 2022
TheABOMINATION:

history is important. The June 12 annulment was an offense against the whole Nigeria and it was a very key factor to why the southwest was given the mandate by the 2 parties
Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Trust TV Interview: I Advised Obasanjo Not To Join Politics by simply22: 4:50pm On Jan 24, 2022
Penguin2:

Ok.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC / QUALITY OF ROADS: Nigeria Ranks 120th Out Of 142 Countries / Ibrahim Aminu Ringim Attack In Jigawa, His Wife Lands In Hospital (Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.