Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,787 members, 7,827,908 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:00 PM

Are You Hurting Your Chances At A Relationship? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are You Hurting Your Chances At A Relationship? (182 Views)

What's The Best Way End A Relationship Without Hurting Your Partner? / Are You Hurting? / How Can I Cut This Guy Off Without Hurting His Feelings? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Are You Hurting Your Chances At A Relationship? by kaylanim: 2:33pm On Jan 23, 2022
If you are single and wishing you were in a relationship, there may be things you are doing that are hampering your progress. Not everyone desires sharing their sock drawer or entertaining someone else's opinion on where to dine. But the vast majority of Homo Sapiens feel happier when sharing their day-to-day's with another human being. What may be holding you back is your mind-set. Here is our dating advice that may change your success rate when it comes to finding your ideal mate.

If you're telling yourself that you can't function without a man in your life, or that you seriously can't survive one more weekend without a date, there is a very good chance that you are giving off that vibe in very subtle and perhaps not so subtle ways. 93% of all communication is non-verbal! Did you catch that? 93% of what we convey to others comes from body language, facial expressions, the tension in your body, the way you hold your arms, the tone of your voice, eye movement, licking your lips repeatedly, swallowing over and over, nervous mannerisms like sniffing, clicking a pen or tapping your foot. That leaves only 7% that is verbal! Pretty mind-blowing. We spend so much time thinking of what to say while our body is giving us away.

Our dating advice is to start by getting rid of the negative self-talk that has been your constant companion instead of a caring, significant other. You know the voice I mean... "Are you serious? You're really going to wear that? You look like a beached Walrus!" "You had to get Dad's nose instead of Mom's, didn't you? No amount of make-up is gonna' trim that honker down!" "Why would he want to go out with you? The last three guys almost didn't stop to let you off at the curb."

We are much harder, crueler and WRONG about ourselves than any enemy could be. And when you enter the dating game, or try to work on a current relationship with that kind of mental harassment, you will come off as damaged, desperate and derailed. Those three D's add up to one thing: That guy you have in your crosshairs is going to bolt like a stalked deer. The only thing you are going to see in your binoculars is his backside as it disappears into the foliage.

These feelings of "having to be in a relationship or I will die" are based on one thing: Fear. Fear of being alone, fear of what others think of you (I'm 38 and not married... I am a total LOSER!"wink, fear that you aren't good enough, fear that because the last relationship didn't work out, this one is also doomed to failure... fear, fear, fear! Any guy giving out dating advice will tell you that they can spot a desperate female at 50 paces.

As soon as you realize you are just fine without a relationship, and you enjoy your life and embrace each day for its abundance, that's about when the partner you've been hoping for will arrive. Lose the desperation and the "I HAVE TO be in a relationship" mentality. Many people in unhappy marriages would envy you your freedom. It's all a matter of perspective. The minute you realize you are great on your own, that's when others take notice and want to be part of that super life you have going on. Work on appreciating each day for all the blessings in your life and the Universe will dump more of that in your lap. It just may be the partner you've been dreaming of.
Re: Are You Hurting Your Chances At A Relationship? by chatinent: 2:34pm On Jan 23, 2022
Bros, good afternoon. How is the family? You get like N300k you no dey use again?

(1) (Reply)

How To Deal With Someone Who Is Afraid To Love / A Nairalander, Casanova, Defends Bae You, Says Nigerians Are Hypocrites. / Stop Looking For Ready-made Husband – Charly Boy Advise Nigerian Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.