Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,645 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:41 PM

Can God Give You A Spouse You Don't Absolutely Love? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can God Give You A Spouse You Don't Absolutely Love? (353 Views)

Female Pastor Gives Ladies Tips On How To Attract A Spouse / Marrying a Spouse You Convinced is God’s Will and still facing issues/divorce? / FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can God Give You A Spouse You Don't Absolutely Love? by Animegirl(f): 7:49pm On Jan 23, 2022
My Sunday school teacher, told us a story how his wife isn't his spec( In fact he loves women with big butt) but he was led to marry her.

Also my Aunty told me how she prayed to God to reveal her husband to her and God actually did. But according to what she told me, she never really liked her husband but when they got married, she grew to love him.

I don't know but I find it scary not liking or loving my suppose husband to be. What's your opinion?
Re: Can God Give You A Spouse You Don't Absolutely Love? by Kobojunkie: 8:09pm On Jan 23, 2022
Animegirl:
My Sunday school teacher, told us a story how his wife isn't his spec( In fact he loves women with big butt) but he was led to marry her.

Also my Aunty told me how she prayed to God to reveal her husband to her and God actually did. But according to what she told me, she never really liked her husband but when they got married, she grew to love him.

I don't know but I find it scary not liking or loving my suppose husband to be. What's your opinion?

So your pastor does not love his wife but he married her anyways and that is has something to do with the same God who declared that your marriages are of this world and not of His Kingdom? undecided

I don't believe God actually mandates a spouse for anyone this since marriage is an agreement one has to still make between self and an intended partner and God did say your marriages are of this world and not of the Kingdom of God - Luke 20 vs 34 - 36. undecided

So, if you claim God chose for you a partner and you have nothing in common with said person, how can you truly reach a reasonable agreement with said person? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Can God Give You A Spouse You Don't Absolutely Love? by LilMissFavvy(f): 8:13pm On Jan 23, 2022
Yes it works, as long as you are truly led to the person by God.
Re: Can God Give You A Spouse You Don't Absolutely Love? by LilMissFavvy(f): 8:18pm On Jan 23, 2022
God can lead you to someone who's right for you if you pray and ask. Remember the story of Isaac in the Bible. It's not about God mandating a spouse, it's about you seeking face of God and He would lead you to the right partner.
Kobojunkie:

I don't believe God actually mandates a spouse for anyone this since marriage is an agreement one has to still make between self and an intended partner. So, if you claim God chose for you a partner and you have nothing in common with said person, how can you truly reach a reasonable agreement with said person? undecided
Re: Can God Give You A Spouse You Don't Absolutely Love? by Felimax(m): 8:28pm On Jan 23, 2022
Very funny indeed!
She will even accompany me to go plead with my ex to come back. Little did I know that this little girl I don't really like because she was not having the features that makes me qualify a good woman was the best I have ever seen and will ever come across.
It was really deceptive but God kept the most precious things in not too beautiful places.
So yes God can, He uses it to fool the wise.

3 Likes

Re: Can God Give You A Spouse You Don't Absolutely Love? by Kobojunkie: 8:40pm On Jan 23, 2022
LilMissFavvy:
God can lead you to someone who's right for you if you pray and ask. Remember the story of Isaac in the Bible. It's not about God mandating a spouse, it's about you seeking face of God and He would lead you to the right partner.
God answers prayers after all but I doubt if Isaac had rejected the first option, God wouldn't have found him another. undecided
Re: Can God Give You A Spouse You Don't Absolutely Love? by NNTR: 9:19pm On Jan 23, 2022
Animegirl:
My Sunday school teacher, told us a story how his wife isn't his spec (In fact he loves women with big butt)
So far its butt, most men love women nyash die. With its gently rhythmic and lilting swing, there is something about nyash, that makes it delicately enthralling, delightful, pleasant and pleasing to the liking eyes of most men, so yeah, to love women with nyash wouldnt be a crime, loll.

Animegirl:
... but he was led to marry her.

Genesis 24:1-14
1By now Abraham was old, and the LORD had blessed him in every way.
2So Abraham said to the senior servant of his household who was in charge of all that he owned, "Take a solemn oath.
3I want you to swear by the LORD God of heaven and earth that you will not get my son a wife from the daughters of the Canaanites among whom I'm living.
4Instead, you will go to the land of my relatives and get a wife for my son Isaac."
5The servant asked him, "What if the woman doesn't want to come back to this land with me? Should I take your son all the way back to the land you came from?"
6"Make sure that you do not take my son back there," Abraham said to him.
7"The LORD God of heaven took me from my father's home and the land of my family. He spoke to me and swore this oath: 'I will give this land to your descendants.' "God will send his angel ahead of you, and you will get my son a wife from there.
8If the woman doesn't want to come back with you, then you'll be free from this oath that you swear to me. But don't take my son back there."
9So the servant did as his master Abraham commanded and swore the oath to him concerning this.
10Then the servant took ten of his master's camels and left, taking with him all of his master's best things. He traveled to Aram Naharaim, Nahor's city.
The servant had the camels kneel down outside the city by the well. It was evening, when the women would go out to draw water.
Then he prayed, "LORD, God of my master Abraham, make me successful today. Show your kindness to Abraham.
Here I am standing by the spring, and the girls of the city are coming out to draw water.
I will ask a girl, 'May I please have a drink from your jar?'
If she answers, 'Have a drink, and I'll also water your camels,'
let her be the one you have chosen for your servant Isaac.
This way I'll know that you've shown your kindness to my master."

If a spouse is chosen by God for someone, I can assure you that, if specified by God, it doesnt matter whether spouse is anyone's spec or not, because God does not match or appoint spouses incorrectly.

Eliezer prayed to God to show him whom God has chosen as spouse for Isaac

Animegirl:
Genesis 3:11-12
11God said, “Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten [fruit] from the tree of which I commanded you not to eat?”
12And the man said, “The woman whom You gave to be with me--she gave me [fruit] from the tree, and I ate it.”

When God gives spouses, it's with an expectation to absolutely love and not to condemn, not just as Adam did in Genesis 3:12, with his groundless accusation, that ended with the serpent having no legs to stand on even after that.

I wish I have an opinion to give, but since I dont have, I happily will in place of an opinion, give you a stark reality barefaced cold chilly one fact word fact, and it is grace

Grace, is the face, that love wears, when it meets imperfection. The grace of God is sufficient to overcome any whatsoever hiccup about butt spec or no butt spec.

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.

Re: Can God Give You A Spouse You Don't Absolutely Love? by petra1(m): 3:37am On Jan 24, 2022
Animegirl:

Love is a choice. You can choose to love anyone .

(1) (Reply)

Giant Demons Invading Earth! The Lord Gave Instructions For Rapture / Ukraine Refused Negotiations Before Russia's Invasion But Instead Escalated It / The Great Mystery Behind Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.