Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,200 members, 7,818,666 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:17 PM

SDP NEC Suspends Olu Ogunloye And Shehu Gabam - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SDP NEC Suspends Olu Ogunloye And Shehu Gabam (4016 Views)

Anti-party: Labour Party NEC Suspends Ag Chairman Apapa, 5 Others / Deji Adeyanju Welcomes Dino Melaye And Shehu Sani To The Street / SDP Scribe, Gabam, Becomes Duke’s Presidential Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SDP NEC Suspends Olu Ogunloye And Shehu Gabam by NationalD: 7:02am On Jan 24, 2022
The Social Democratic Party (SDP), is boiling in the steam of conflicts, leading to the suspension of the National Chairman, Olu Ogunloye, by the National Executive Committee (NEC) of the party.

The Deputy National Chairman of SDP, Adul Isaq, in a statement in Abuja on Saturday indicated the national chairman and the National Secretary, Shehu Gabam, were suspended for breach of the parity’s constitution.

The statement indicated that Isaq, Deputy National Chairman, is elevated to the interim National Chairman of the party, and Simon Adesina, National Secretary, till the SDP national convention scheduled for April 27 to 29, 2022.

The statement reads: “The NEC observed the wanton disregard to the provisions of the SDP constitution especially Article 12.5 (iv) 12.2.2 (viii) and Article 9.4 to suspend some officers from the party.

“The NEC considered the various abuses of the constitution by the following under-listed officers and there agreed by majority to suspend Shehu Gabam and Dr. Olu Ogunloye.

“The NEC noted the urgency to put in place all that is required for a befitting party convention and therefore resolves; that the national convention of the Social Democratic Party is fixed for April 27 to 29 with arrival being Wednesday April 27, 2022.”

https://nationaldailyng.com/sdp-boils-nec-suspends-national-chairman-secretary/

Re: SDP NEC Suspends Olu Ogunloye And Shehu Gabam by bcomputer101: 7:06am On Jan 24, 2022
All this kindergarten parties

They should stop making noise

3 Likes

Re: SDP NEC Suspends Olu Ogunloye And Shehu Gabam by Nobody: 7:38am On Jan 24, 2022
cheesy Dem don start ........2023 grin grin grin
Re: SDP NEC Suspends Olu Ogunloye And Shehu Gabam by gulfer: 7:38am On Jan 24, 2022
Where this one hide since undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: SDP NEC Suspends Olu Ogunloye And Shehu Gabam by Nokio1: 7:38am On Jan 24, 2022
Why are both men strangely yellow ...the party should be Bleacher's Democratic party.I need buharis no I want him to call some people..

2 Likes

Re: SDP NEC Suspends Olu Ogunloye And Shehu Gabam by Confirmedzombie: 7:41am On Jan 24, 2022
All this mushroom IPOB regional party. None of my business

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: SDP NEC Suspends Olu Ogunloye And Shehu Gabam by baski92(m): 7:53am On Jan 24, 2022
Nokio1:
Why are both men strangely yellow ...the party should be Bleacher's Democratic party.I need buharis no I want him to call some people..
baba dey call u

Re: SDP NEC Suspends Olu Ogunloye And Shehu Gabam by daddytime(m): 7:57am On Jan 24, 2022
See their "owu" faces.

Waiting on the wings to step into any position to line up their own pockets...

Oles
Re: SDP NEC Suspends Olu Ogunloye And Shehu Gabam by ponoZ: 8:20am On Jan 24, 2022
Re: SDP NEC Suspends Olu Ogunloye And Shehu Gabam by shinealight(m): 8:31am On Jan 24, 2022
bcomputer101:
All this kindergarten parties

They should stop making noise

This party has the potential of forming government at the centre. Remember Abiola won under the flag of SDP…..it’s fortunes will be bolstered dramatically if a personality like Tinubu moves to SDP. Let’s watch out for a lot of drama ahead……Buhari/Osinbajo/Amaechi/Umahi and the rest of them can keep their APC which has proved itself to be a total disappointment. Tinubu will soon show them what political engineering is all about…..Jonathan can tell you all about it from personal experience! grin grin
Re: SDP NEC Suspends Olu Ogunloye And Shehu Gabam by LasgidyPort: 8:47am On Jan 24, 2022
shinealight:

This party has the potential of forming government at the centre. Remember Abiola won under the flag of SDP…..it’s fortunes will be bolstered dramatically if a personality like Tinubu moves to SDP. Let’s watch out for a lot of drama ahead……Buhari/Osinbajo/Amaechi/Umahi and the rest of them can keep their APC which has proved itself to be a total disappointment. Tinubu will soon show them what political engineering is all about…..Jonathan can tell you all about it from personal experience! grin grin

Tinubu does not have the masses on his side.

Just few people he has personally empowered.

He's not loved by neutrals.

He can't command any mass followership of people in the manner of Abiola, Buhari and even GEJ.

He merely benefited from the bandwagon effect of SW and Northern people who were fed up with GEJ govt.
Re: SDP NEC Suspends Olu Ogunloye And Shehu Gabam by Layiguy1717: 8:58am On Jan 24, 2022
.com. The site is nice. Ghanaian also need a platform like NL to generate their own content
Super17595: This is the best site for any Nigerian who wants to connect to Ghana
Re: SDP NEC Suspends Olu Ogunloye And Shehu Gabam by shinealight(m): 9:01am On Jan 24, 2022
LasgidyPort:

Tinubu does not have the masses on his side.

Just few people he has personally empowered.

He's not loved by neutrals.

He can't command any mass followership of people in the manner of Abiola, Buhari and even GEJ.

He merely benefited from the bandwagon effect of SW and Northern people who were fed up with GEJ govt.

Someone who was Senator, two term Governor of the richest state in Nigeria, who led his SW region politically from the AD to ACN to APC…..does not have masses on his side?? You would be surprised to see how his Yoruba people will react to a case of “ingratitude” if Buhari chooses to dump him after using him for 8 years. Just get a comfortable chair to watch the movie of how of a ruling party will lose an election for the second time in Nigeria!
In any case, is APGA not controlling Anambra state in the South East? What stops Tinubu’s party controlling Lagos state or even the SW region as the Alliance for Democracy once did? If the Northerners show themselves to be untrustworthy/unreliable people that you cannot work with at the centre, then it will be TO YOUR TENTS O ISREAL!!
Re: SDP NEC Suspends Olu Ogunloye And Shehu Gabam by Comedian2019: 2:05pm On Jan 24, 2022
They'll soon join APCheats
Re: SDP NEC Suspends Olu Ogunloye And Shehu Gabam by LasgidyPort: 6:14pm On Jan 24, 2022
shinealight:

Someone who was Senator, two term Governor of the richest state in Nigeria, who led his SW region politically from the AD to ACN to APC…..does not have masses on his side?? You would be surprised to see how his Yoruba people will react to a case of “ingratitude” if Buhari chooses to dump him after using him for 8 years. Just get a comfortable chair to watch the movie of how of a ruling party will lose an election for the second time in Nigeria!
In any case, is APGA not controlling Anambra state in the South East? What stops Tinubu’s party controlling Lagos state or even the SW region as the Alliance for Democracy once did? If the Northerners show themselves to be untrustworthy/unreliable people that you cannot work with at the centre, then it will be TO YOUR TENTS O ISREAL!!

I'm telling you facts. If you doubt me, do you personal assessment. Do a survey, minimum of 20 yoruba people who are apolitical and ask them about Tinubu. They wont disrespect him or call him names but they will tell you he is not the best candidate for Nigeria. They will always pick other Yoruba people ahead of him.
Re: SDP NEC Suspends Olu Ogunloye And Shehu Gabam by shinealight(m): 6:58pm On Jan 24, 2022
LasgidyPort:

I'm telling you facts. If you doubt me, do you personal assessment. Do a survey, minimum of 20 yoruba people who are apolitical and ask them about Tinubu. They wont disrespect him or call him names but they will tell you he is not the best candidate for Nigeria. They will always pick other Yoruba people ahead of him.

Sorry I beg to disagree. How did he manage to convince the bulk of SW states plus Edo state to move enmasse from ACN and to take a gamble in a new party APC? How did he manage to retrieve all the SW states stolen by Obasanjo in 2003? I believe that he’s more politicallly formidable than people give him credit for. I guess we have to just watch and see how the Capone manoeuvres in the next few months!
Re: SDP NEC Suspends Olu Ogunloye And Shehu Gabam by LasgidyPort: 7:01pm On Jan 24, 2022
shinealight:

Sorry I beg to disagree. How did he manage to convince the bulk of SW states plus Edo state to move enmasse from ACN and to take a gamble in a new party APC? How did he manage to retrieve all the SW states stolen by Obasanjo in 2003? I believe that he’s more politicallly formidable than people give him credit for. I guess we have to just watch and see how the Capone manoeuvres in the next few months!

Okay sir. No issues, but try and make your personal findings. If you are not Yoruba, you should have one or more Yoruba acquaintances. Ask them.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians React To Atiku's Visit To Bala Muhammed With Tinubu's Portrait Behind / Awo's Legacy: A Blessing Or Curse To Yorubas? / Answer:What Buhari Does For A Living

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.