Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,546 members, 7,827,040 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

Stop Calling Children Witches - Ministry Of Women Affairs - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stop Calling Children Witches - Ministry Of Women Affairs (2554 Views)

Aliyu Tola, A Man, Is The Commissioner For Women Affairs In Adamawa / Stop Calling Buhari 'baba Go Slow' Dickson Warns / Loot ’ll Fund Women Affairs Ministry – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop Calling Children Witches - Ministry Of Women Affairs by MeandSum: 3:08pm On Jun 21, 2011
tpia@:

i think the problem may be linked to cultic activities or the like.

the fears may for the most part be exaggerated, but some kids might have been exposed to cult activity which many times is based on esoterism.

nevertheless, this is why people need Christ.
And what would Christ do to solve the issue?
We are talking about educating people about one form of deception and ignorance and you are suggesting they need Christianity which in itself is based on falsehood.
Re: Stop Calling Children Witches - Ministry Of Women Affairs by MMM2(m): 3:11pm On Jun 21, 2011
yes
power of life and death laying in d tongue.
Re: Stop Calling Children Witches - Ministry Of Women Affairs by tpia5: 3:38pm On Jun 21, 2011
MeandSum:

And what would Christ do to solve the issue?
We are talking about educating people about one form of deception and ignorance and you are suggested they need Christianity which in itself is based on falsehood.

i said they need Christ.

you jumped in with your own falsehood.
Re: Stop Calling Children Witches - Ministry Of Women Affairs by nagoma(m): 4:58pm On Jun 22, 2011
I have read so much varied opinon on NL, some so strange that you wonder, but the most astonishing is that some of these 21st century digital age and really smart guys on NL believe in wichcraft in a child , in adult or in any other living or non living thing !! I am flabbergasted and disgusted!!

Please stop this cruelty to childrren and the aged who mostly are the victims because they are weak and defenceless. The killing of twins was stopped a century ago in those parts; please we don't need a Mary Slessor before we stop this irrational, wicked,criminal and sinful custom.
Re: Stop Calling Children Witches - Ministry Of Women Affairs by MeandSum: 10:17am On Jun 23, 2011
tpia@:

i said they need Christ.

you jumped in with your own falsehood.

I know you said they need Christ. What will having Christ do? new sets of wings? what are the benefits(I mean none imaginary ones)?

Educate your children brother,  educate them! spend few hours a day with them, treat them as equal and start introducing them to problem solving in their early years.
Instead of putting christ in their lives by reading the bible 4 hours a day,  teach them morals and lead by example.

You'll be surprise what a "good witch" they'll grow up to be! smiley
Re: Stop Calling Children Witches - Ministry Of Women Affairs by Tasma: 3:40pm On Jun 23, 2011
lucabraski:

Madam permanent sec. are u really trying to deceive urself and others? or are u looking for cheap popularity?
Just thank your God say u neva experience or meet these witches, becos if u do, u would be singing a very different tune.
For emphasis, Witches exist. i have seen and experienced thier evil plans first hand, and also witnessed their confessions after they have been unsuccessful in their missions.
They mostly come under the guise of being a househelp.

How about the bible passage that says "suffer not the witch to live?''

Be careful madam that your mouth does not testify against u.

How very very sad. The replies I have read in this topic only testify again to the fact that we have a long way to go in Nigeria. Why has this country not moved forward? Well simply because people who are capable of going on the internet and posting messages still believe in witches and fairies, still believe some children are natural "witches", still believe the western world is more developed because they use their "witchcraft" for more positive stuff.

Someone once referred to this state as being one of functional illiteracy. The person can read and write, appears to be well read, is capable of studying for scientific exams and passing in flying colours and still paradoxically believes that people with the right "jazz" can magically disappear from accident sites, or miraculously stop bullets from entering their bodies when shot at.

Nigeria will move forward someday but it will take quite a while. Why? Well because the hardest thing to change is the way a man thinks, his cultural belief system. It will take several generations of quality education and exposure to get the average Nigerian to the stage where he stops assigning magical explanations to everything he is incapable of understanding.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gory! Pictorial Of Officer Killed…as Bomb Explosion Rocks Kaduna / Reasons Why Muslims Have Always Been Lagos Governor- Tell Me. / Fani Kayode Breaks Out From The Chains Again!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.