Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,647 members, 7,816,660 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

Saleh Zazzaga To Tinubu: Apologise For Saying 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saleh Zazzaga To Tinubu: Apologise For Saying 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria' (27267 Views)

Bandits Attack Military Camp In Zazzaga, Niger State. Set Vehicles On Fire / Dahiru Saleh Is Dead! Judge Who Annulled June 12 Election Dies / Sanusi Lamido Sanusi Arrives Lagos - VOA Journalist, Saleh Shehu Ahmed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saleh Zazzaga To Tinubu: Apologise For Saying 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria' by Kwanza: 5:00pm On Jan 24, 2022
A Chieftain of the All Progressive Congress (APC) in Plateau, Saleh Mandung Zazzaga has asked the National leader of the APC, Ahmed Bola Tinubu to apologise to Nigerians over comments made years ago against Nigeria.

Zazzaga tasked Tinubu to apologise to the old and young for saying he does not believe in one Nigeria in 1999.

The APC Chieftain said although Tinubu made the comment many years ago, it is now being recalled by Nigerians especially as he declared his intention to run for office in 2023.

Speaking to journalists in Jos, Plateau State, Zazzaga said if Tinubu does not apologise to Nigerians, it will put his candidature and APC in a bad light.

“In Thisday publication of April 13th, 1997, Tinubu granted an interview in which he was quoted as saying, ‘I don’t believe in one Nigeria’. And that interview has resurfaced since his presidential ambition declaration, people began to raise eyebrows, asking damaging questions.

“So many people have been calling and mocking us, saying if he does not believe in One Nigeria, how come he wants to contest for the Presidency of a nation he did not believe in.

“This has been agitating the minds of members of the APC and it is not good for the well being of the party as the nation counts down to the 2023 general election.

“Therefore, the most honourable thing for Tinubu to do is to come out and apologise to Nigerians on the comments which he made before this democratic dispensation which began in 1999, and he should as well explain the rationale of the interview to Nigerians and point out if he was misquoted or not.

“Whatever his explanation would be, at least it will calm peoples nerves and save the party from being projected in a bad light.

“And that will not only project him as a true leader of the party or as a presidential aspirant but it will prove that he is a man of honour and dignity and someone who will take responsibility for his words, deeds and actions.

He urged Nigerians to believe in the APC as a party of progressives that has the capacity to move the nation forward, irrespective of the current challenges which nation will soon overcome.

https://dailypost.ng/2022/01/24/apologise-for-saying-you-do-not-believe-in-one-nigeria-apc-chieftain-to-tinubu/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1643038392

10 Likes

Re: Saleh Zazzaga To Tinubu: Apologise For Saying 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria' by headSmasher: 5:02pm On Jan 24, 2022

1 Like

Re: Saleh Zazzaga To Tinubu: Apologise For Saying 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria' by SarkinYarki: 5:07pm On Jan 24, 2022
He doesn't believe in one Nigeria yet he says it's has always been his ambition to lead NIGERIa cheesy

114 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Saleh Zazzaga To Tinubu: Apologise For Saying 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria' by FreeStuffsNG: 5:08pm On Jan 24, 2022
Please who has the Soft copy of this interview ? Please kindly share it so we can read it and decide if the headline is misleading as usual or not.
Here's free book on business ideas & money sources directory for you,it's 100% free! https://www.nairaland.com/6666800/looking-business-ideas-money-fund. Cheers.

11 Likes

Re: Saleh Zazzaga To Tinubu: Apologise For Saying 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria' by PrinceOfLagos: 5:08pm On Jan 24, 2022
Tinubu wants to rule the Nigeria he doesn't believe in , is that not sign of early madness ?

Just give it to the north when it comes to politics, See the way they are whyning and toying with Tinubu cheesy

153 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Saleh Zazzaga To Tinubu: Apologise For Saying 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria' by Penguin2: 5:09pm On Jan 24, 2022
Tinubu won’t apologize for that statement because he still holds that view.

And not just holding the view, he has been putting his words to action since 2015.

Since 2015 Tinubu has had nothing to do with anybody or anything concerning Southeast and Southsouth.

IPOB/ESN/UGM menace o...

Niger Delta Avengers o...

Tinubu has never issued any statement or given 10 kobo to victims.

But not so with the north...

Tinubu is always caring about the north. If there’s any fire incident he will rush and donate millions.

If a northerner loses his cat, Tinubu will go for condolence visit.

In his own map of Nigeria, there’s only North and Southwest.

So, why would you ask him to apologize when he still holds the view and putting it into action?

146 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Saleh Zazzaga To Tinubu: Apologise For Saying 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria' by Oksman(m): 5:17pm On Jan 24, 2022
grin grin grin
Many obstacles on the road for BAT's presidential ambition. Yes he has every right to make that comment after all, MKO was denied victory in an election that was obvious he had won, and those who perpetrated the act where still hanging around the corridors of power. Tinubu is not the only one guilty here, even now the agitations going on in the country is because the agitators do not believe in one Nigeria period!

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Saleh Zazzaga To Tinubu: Apologise For Saying 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria' by Bucky001(m): 5:23pm On Jan 24, 2022
Tinubu has absolutely nothing to offer this nation other than to fulfill his long time ambition of becoming the President

He shouldn't be given the mandate!

96 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Saleh Zazzaga To Tinubu: Apologise For Saying 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria' by Oksman(m): 5:24pm On Jan 24, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
Please who has the Soft copy of this interview ? Please kindly share it so we can read it and decide if the headline is misleading as usual or not.

There no need for that even if he said that. The question is where was Nigeria in 1997? The cancelled election, assassinations going on the insecurities at that time were enough to make him make such a comment. Araba is also a Hausa word that can relate to Tinubu's comment used by the July '66 coupists who felt they don't believe in one Nigeria.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saleh Zazzaga To Tinubu: Apologise For Saying 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria' by Dapson73(m): 5:26pm On Jan 24, 2022
SarkinYarki:
He doesn't believe in one Nigeria yet he says it's has always been his ambition to lead NIGERIa cheesy

What about your region claiming Biafra and still want the President of Nigeria.
Confused set of people .

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saleh Zazzaga To Tinubu: Apologise For Saying 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria' by slivertongue: 5:46pm On Jan 24, 2022
Apologize for what? Nigeria disappointed him and he said his mind. One Nigeria is a fraud.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saleh Zazzaga To Tinubu: Apologise For Saying 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria' by gerrardomendes(m): 8:20pm On Jan 24, 2022
Chai...I dey watch grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Saleh Zazzaga To Tinubu: Apologise For Saying 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria' by Ogaga87(m): 8:20pm On Jan 24, 2022
When he fought to give Buhari presidency you didn't see it.. Now you've realised he needs to tender an apology..

Apology ni, apology ko, you all are bastards

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Saleh Zazzaga To Tinubu: Apologise For Saying 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria' by Leonbonapart(m): 8:20pm On Jan 24, 2022
No to buhari, no to Tinubu, no to Apc, no to one Nigeria.

No to vulture grillers

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Saleh Zazzaga To Tinubu: Apologise For Saying 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria' by PrinceOfLagos: 8:20pm On Jan 24, 2022
slivertongue:
Apologize for what? Nigeria disappointed him and he said his mind. One Nigeria is a fraud.
Corrupt man disappointed in Nigeria

Tinubu is corruption personified

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saleh Zazzaga To Tinubu: Apologise For Saying 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria' by Aboguede(m): 8:21pm On Jan 24, 2022
What ever happens I am a Nigeria for life
Re: Saleh Zazzaga To Tinubu: Apologise For Saying 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria' by AmazingELixir: 8:21pm On Jan 24, 2022
grin

They have started again ....they want to package a senile drug baron and a very corrupt T_I_F to Nigerians thesame way they did the soon to depart senile bigot.

My people will affliction happen a second time in 8years in this country.....?

5 Likes

Re: Saleh Zazzaga To Tinubu: Apologise For Saying 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria' by whippersnapper(m): 8:21pm On Jan 24, 2022
One thing I learned about politics is Once you declare interest in running for a political position. People will start digging about your past, looking for every slightest opportunity to bring you down.sha the internet never forgets. Nigeria was not destined to be one. A time will come when the country will eventually split

This I have seen

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saleh Zazzaga To Tinubu: Apologise For Saying 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria' by LilyColin(f): 8:21pm On Jan 24, 2022
Bullshít!!

Shove the apology down Seunmsg zombie ass.

21 Likes

Re: Saleh Zazzaga To Tinubu: Apologise For Saying 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria' by Mjanee(f): 8:21pm On Jan 24, 2022
See his head like last week eba

3 Likes

Re: Saleh Zazzaga To Tinubu: Apologise For Saying 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria' by FuckSilly: 8:21pm On Jan 24, 2022
UNLESS WE JUST WANT TO BE HYPOCRITICAL, ONE-NIGERIA IS A HOAX.

IT HAS NEVER WORKED

IT WILL NEVER BE WORK.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Saleh Zazzaga To Tinubu: Apologise For Saying 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria' by Sunnycliff(m): 8:22pm On Jan 24, 2022
So many baggage of Tinubu will hunt him down to the mud

13 Likes

Re: Saleh Zazzaga To Tinubu: Apologise For Saying 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria' by Amspecial: 8:23pm On Jan 24, 2022
grin
Re: Saleh Zazzaga To Tinubu: Apologise For Saying 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria' by BleedTears: 8:24pm On Jan 24, 2022
Bucky001:
Tinubu has absolutely nothing to offer this nation other than to fulfill his long time ambition of becoming the President

He shouldn't be given the mandate!
Bitter truth.

Same thing with buhari, no intention to better nigeria, just wanted to fulfill his ambition. And see where it has landed many people.
Watin concern na japa

5 Likes

Re: Saleh Zazzaga To Tinubu: Apologise For Saying 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria' by Oysters(m): 8:24pm On Jan 24, 2022
if you do apologize may sango blast that your head like coconut

1 Like

Re: Saleh Zazzaga To Tinubu: Apologise For Saying 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria' by Righthussle: 8:24pm On Jan 24, 2022
Any Nigerian who wants Tinubu to be president of Nigeria doesn't like Nigeria.

9 Likes

Re: Saleh Zazzaga To Tinubu: Apologise For Saying 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria' by JooEeL(m): 8:25pm On Jan 24, 2022

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Saleh Zazzaga To Tinubu: Apologise For Saying 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria' by BrickDevo: 8:25pm On Jan 24, 2022
Why won't he apologize, Now wey he don cashout, wan still dey cashout massively.

Anybody we dey suffer for this country will never believe in one Nigeria, Only those wey dey cash from this shithole will say they believe in one Nigeria.

No wonder wizkid will not support or endorse any politician.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saleh Zazzaga To Tinubu: Apologise For Saying 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria' by edward1106(m): 8:25pm On Jan 24, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

Misleading or not, if elected, we would be having another Yar' Adua on our hands. The man is PERFECTLY not fit for the job PHYSICALLY.

3 Likes

Re: Saleh Zazzaga To Tinubu: Apologise For Saying 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria' by ityP(m): 8:25pm On Jan 24, 2022
Dapson73:

What about your region claiming Biafra and still want the President of Nigeria.
Confused set of people .

So, Tinubu is also confused grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

₦4.8bn Fraud: Ibeto Has Returned ₦‎1.5bn, To Pay Balance in 3 Months – EFCC / Kachikwu Accused Of Sparing Friend in the NNPC Ongoing Restructuring Exercise / Osinbajo Growing Campaign: Tinubu Camp Fumes Over Buhari’s Silence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.