Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,261 members, 7,836,192 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:40 PM

Apc’ll Emerge From Convention Stronger, Says Ayade - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Apc’ll Emerge From Convention Stronger, Says Ayade (148 Views)

Electoral Act: Senate Amends Section Barring Statutory Delegates From Convention / APC Is Notorious For Lies, Says Ayade / Apc’ll Take Over Abia – Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Apc’ll Emerge From Convention Stronger, Says Ayade by Ayade001(m): 5:17pm On Jan 24, 2022
Cross River State governor, Professor Ben Ayade has expressed confidence in the ability of the Senate Adamu Abdullahi led-nine-member All Progressives Congress (APC) Reconciliation Committee to calm frayed nerves in the party.

The Committee whose members include the Cross River State Commissioner for Health, Dr Betta Edu was in Calabar for a courtesy call on the governor.
Speaking while welcoming the Committee members at the State Executive Council Chamber of the Governor's Office Calabar, Ayade said he was optimistic that the APC will emerge from its current challenges stronger and more united.

According to the governor, "Today, we have so many gladiators and today we are the ruling party, but what I know for sure is that at the last minute, APC will always come together and win again and again.

"For those who have some complex permutations that perhaps this crisis or this tension arising from the congresses and perhaps the potential national congress ahead of us will bring to an end the APC, they are just joking.

"In my short stay in the party, the warmth and embrace I have received, I know for certain that as soon as we are done with the convention, with the great work your committee is doing, the party will put her acts together and start preparing against 2023"
Appealing to APC faithful to embrace the principle of give and take, the governor said: "I want to commend you and to please use this opportunity to talk to our political party members who have so much strength by the positions they occupy to please, give us room to share power. It is only by sharing power that there is peace."

Earlier, Senator Abdullahi who is a former Nassarawa state governor commended Governor Ayade for the peace in the Cross River chapter of the party.

According to him, "we didn't come here because there are issues in Cross River and that's a big commendation to the Governor, people underestimate peace when they have it on a platter.

"Those who enjoy the kind of tranquillity you have here will understand the point we are making, we are happy the APC family is united in Cross River and all we have been hearing from all stakeholders is positive"
He pledged the committee's commitment to unite all aggrieved members within the party.

(1) (Reply)

Last Chance / Nigeria Will Treat Social Media Platforms Like Twitter – Presidency / The Lady And The Future Of The Imo Housing Sector

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.