Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,613 members, 7,813,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:42 AM

In Pictures: Ukraine On Edge Amid Fears Of A Russian Invasion - Foreign Affairs (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / In Pictures: Ukraine On Edge Amid Fears Of A Russian Invasion (35149 Views)

Russians Ask Putin To Withdraw From Ukraine On Live TV / Putin Has Decided To Invade Ukraine On Wednesday - Intelligence Report / US Deploys Troops To Gabon Amid Fears Of Election Unrest In DR Congo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In Pictures: Ukraine On Edge Amid Fears Of A Russian Invasion by Automolite: 7:15pm On Jan 25, 2022
neuf:

I do know more than you, that's a fact. I don't know it all, that's another fact. is that clear enough for you?

you make statements that on the surface look to make sense but actually don't in any form.

What's Taiwan stand on the international scene that by virtue of backing them will increase US influence in Asia. Do you know how stubborn those Asians are when it comes to self pride and dignity.
China can overrun Taiwan today and it won't do US any harm in Asia if they choose to fold their hand.
How many countries do you think officially recognise Taiwan as a sovereign state.

dude you funny, talk about Taiwan is a tool of US influence in Asia. smh
Wow...to see u type so much, yet a singular and simple fact still eludes u baffles me..undecided
At anyrate, have a blast with ur deep knowledge, I have grown weary of this unproductive banter.
Cheers!
Re: In Pictures: Ukraine On Edge Amid Fears Of A Russian Invasion by darediamond(m): 7:21pm On Jan 25, 2022
neuf:

let me help you because English just like this topic isn't your strength
The help you badly need yourself?

you said it yourself "economic aids" or did you not?

I reapeat you make me laugh in Atomic Bomb but not because of your grammar but your reasoning about the true pictures or what is happening in Europe.
Re: In Pictures: Ukraine On Edge Amid Fears Of A Russian Invasion by rajiedreez: 7:22pm On Jan 25, 2022
neuf:

it will do you a whole lot of good if you take at least a minute to ask yourself "does what I just type make common sense"?

wait o! what do you think it takes to own a military base in a foreign country?
How many countries have the economic muscle to pull it off?
Of the limited number that do have, what are their interest in America that they will need a base for??

common sense dude, common sense

Lol, please according to what you just typed, what's the essence of an American military base in UK and Italy are these countries not capable of defending themselves too abi.

Over sabi no good

Wetin I dey tell u be say America dey put mouth for others business without wanting people to put mouth for their own. Period

1 Like

Re: In Pictures: Ukraine On Edge Amid Fears Of A Russian Invasion by Automolite: 7:26pm On Jan 25, 2022
rajiedreez:

Lol, please according to what you just typed, what's the essence of an American military base in UK and Italy are these countries not capable of defending themselves too abi.

Over sabi no good

Wetin I dey tell u be say America dey put mouth for others business without wanting people to put mouth for their own. Period
Bros..abeg leave that guy. Me sef don tire. Im reasoning na one way traffic. undecided
Re: In Pictures: Ukraine On Edge Amid Fears Of A Russian Invasion by Amfak(m): 7:31pm On Jan 25, 2022
I will be of utmost happy if the battle turns to be between RUSSIA and USA. let them kills themselves. abi
Re: In Pictures: Ukraine On Edge Amid Fears Of A Russian Invasion by darediamond(m): 7:49pm On Jan 25, 2022
Automolite:

Awe!..u are going too far. Let's keep it within what's trending.
But ofcourse, feel free to enlighten me since you know it all.
Let me put it in a simpler way for u to understand...US "protection" of Taiwan also favors them. It would be naive of you to say the US is doing it pro bono undecided..
If the US isn't bothered about China's growth/influence in Asia, why all fuss?..why empower its neighbors?..why all the naval military drills with Australia and Japan. U think US would expend that much time and resources just because they "love" the pple of Taiwan?..or u think US alliance with S.Korea is just because the love Korea movies?..expand ur perspective bro..
Saudi Arabia has been pelting Yemen with bombs for years..what has Uncle Sam done?..What has uncle Sam done abt the military junta in Myanmar?.
Anyway..if u still don't understand the case in point, don't bother to quote/reply me.
Peace..

You Know Just What Is Really Happening Behind The Curtains!!!!!!

Surely you do!!!!
Re: In Pictures: Ukraine On Edge Amid Fears Of A Russian Invasion by Masterito(m): 7:50pm On Jan 25, 2022
Lol in your widest dream. Test thier resolve and you will learn the hard way.
sukkot:
forget that thing oooo bros. the usa is done
Re: In Pictures: Ukraine On Edge Amid Fears Of A Russian Invasion by darediamond(m): 8:00pm On Jan 25, 2022
neuf:

show me the credible Intel that it's the US that instigated a coup?
All these hearsay.

Before you write trash at least sit down in a quiet environment and ask your self simple questions.
What benefits does Ukraine, Georgia, Kazakhstan and Turkey serves to the US that will make them do something that if uncovered will shattered and shake the very foundation of their generational alliance built for so long?

Not every thing is about Russia.
what exactly is Russia contribution in the world? Did they fight the war on terrorism or how many countries have they been providing aids?

Simple question and answers will clear your mind.
In the mean time take a look at NATO position (Red line) against Russia federation but you guys will happily sing NATO is surrounding Russia (Pic 1).

in pic 2, look at Russia position relative to Ukraine but in this case, you guys will say Russia is defending its National Security not Russia is surrounding Ukraine abi
So Britain-controlled USA is a friend of the Countries they are actually unnecessary policing and bullying??

Your mind-control tactics arguments is not sharp enough.

Go back to your employers to sharpen that for you properly and come back to try again....
Re: In Pictures: Ukraine On Edge Amid Fears Of A Russian Invasion by neuf(m): 8:12pm On Jan 25, 2022
rajiedreez:

Over sabi no good

70 years old man, you think say you dey wise....
Go back to my previous comment you'd see where I wrote those are NATO bases and each member state is supposed to have at least one.

But to read the hard you. Understanding? that one no be your lane
Re: In Pictures: Ukraine On Edge Amid Fears Of A Russian Invasion by Emmyxclusive: 8:14pm On Jan 25, 2022
This is my own take on this issues. NATO is escalating this issue by send military hard to all its member state around Russia. Currently, Spain, Denmark, Netherland etc have sent military hardwares. France said they are ready to send troops, USA has put 8500 troops on alert, all these uptop invasion wey never happen. I think its the west that's provoking Russia. Uk has been send hardware to Ukraine as well. Even Germany that was reluctant at first is now treating Russia of disaster if an invasion happens. I think putin should just be careful cus these guys are just waiting for him to make a move so they can rush him from all angles. And how do u detect to a sovereign nation what association to join or not?
Re: In Pictures: Ukraine On Edge Amid Fears Of A Russian Invasion by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 8:32pm On Jan 25, 2022
GeneralPula:

You’re talking out of point..
The guy you quoted is right. US currently has missile bases in countries that share borders with Russia but will never allow Russia to build a missile base anywhere near the US motherland.
Isn't that double standards?
Go and read up what caused the Cuban Missile Crisis
Re: In Pictures: Ukraine On Edge Amid Fears Of A Russian Invasion by mexicocity: 8:41pm On Jan 25, 2022
sukkot:
nigga decolonise your mind. african magic is real. however it is not really african magic, its just people using incarntations and symbolic astral rituals to tap into the electromagnetic energies in the universe. if you know how to write symbols to invoke rituals you can do and undo on this planet. you can start wars or start the rain or kill somebody or even do rituals to bring you wealth. its ways you invoke the elements with astral magic. bro you never chee chumtin. this world is not what you think it is. this space ? called the 3D is full of possibilities if you can harness the electromagnetic and astral codes in the atmosphere. you are just ignorant to the fact that we live in a magicians cube.
There's always a fact in every nonsense. What you said is pure truth because I have tried it by Myself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In Pictures: Ukraine On Edge Amid Fears Of A Russian Invasion by rajiedreez: 9:07pm On Jan 25, 2022
neuf:

70 years old man, you think say you dey wise....
Go back to my previous comment you'd see where I wrote those are NATO bases and each member state is supposed to have at least one.

But to read the hard you. Understanding? that one no be your lane

Oga not all NATO members has a USA military base. Wetin I dey reason still na say EUCOM is different from NATO.
There isn't any USA military base in Norway, Turkey, Latvia, Estonia, Lithuania and they are all NATO members. Although they all have NATO bases but no USA military presence, still you want to prove to me that USA military presence in Germany, UK, Italy and co are NATO bases.

EUCOM IS DIFFERENT FROM NATO SIR
Re: In Pictures: Ukraine On Edge Amid Fears Of A Russian Invasion by Krismas(m): 9:45pm On Jan 25, 2022
neuf:

egbon at least be accurate when you're making a statement. If Ukraine wants to join NATO because of Russia provocation and meddling, isn't that a dream scenario for an organisation whose aim is to stop USSR reformation?
which one is US should not have plan as if it's the US that's telling Russia to harass her neighbours and be forming domino
Do u know how America harass her neighbors? Wot if Russia had intervened btw America and Venezuela! Its even rumored that CIA killed Hugo Chavez with polonium poisoning. That’s how bad it was. Venezuela calls America the great devil. Ukraine should pay up all the gas money they owning Russia and stop aiding and abetting America’s gas sale in Europe over Russia
Re: In Pictures: Ukraine On Edge Amid Fears Of A Russian Invasion by Stevenson1(m): 10:05pm On Jan 25, 2022
[quote author=Hermzou post=109666466]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auV-5qc3CUk

Source: https://www.aljazeera.com:443/gallery/2022/1/23/in-pictures-fears-of-invasion-civilians-join-ukraines-army[/quote

Any little thing, everybody will blame US.
Without US, we would have been in our 5th world war now. Give some respect to that country though.
Most of their policies are bad but they are trying their best to avoid war or chaos. Not that in war now that you can hurt America, but they don't want to fail by letting the world go into another war.
All these anti-America boys here pushing for destruction of US.
Pray not to be alive to experience Xi or Putin as world leader. You would wish you were still dreaming.

1 Like

Re: In Pictures: Ukraine On Edge Amid Fears Of A Russian Invasion by tyup(m): 10:31pm On Jan 25, 2022
midastouch:
The cold war ended and as far as I am concerned NATO should have been disbanded. But no, they started expanding closer to Russian borders and placing weapons near russian soil. During the cold war, Russia attempted to put missiles and weapons in Cuba and the US was frothing from their mouth; so why would you expect Russia to do otherwise? Russia is not comfortable with NATO expanding into its sphere of influence. You cannot flog a child and ask the child not to cry. The West and US are just trying to bully Russia and get away with it. Good luck to all of them!

Allow Ukraine speak for themselves and decide if they want US presence on their soil. don't speak for em
Re: In Pictures: Ukraine On Edge Amid Fears Of A Russian Invasion by neuf(m): 12:45am On Jan 26, 2022
rajiedreez:

Oga not all NATO members has a USA military base. Wetin I dey reason still na say EUCOM is different from NATO.
There isn't any USA military base in Norway, Turkey, Latvia, Estonia, Lithuania and they are all NATO members. Although they all have NATO bases but no USA military presence, still you want to prove to me that USA military presence in Germany, UK, Italy and co are NATO bases.

EUCOM IS DIFFERENT FROM NATO SIR

Read what you wrote and ask yourself how it make sense. Isn't US part of NATO? how can there be a NATO base but no US military presence?

at this point it's obvious you don't have what to say. just grabbing on straws

ciao

1 Like

Re: In Pictures: Ukraine On Edge Amid Fears Of A Russian Invasion by neuf(m): 12:48am On Jan 26, 2022
Krismas:
Do u know how America harass her neighbors? Wot if Russia had intervened btw America and Venezuela! Its even rumored that CIA killed Hugo Chavez with polonium poisoning. That’s how bad it was. Venezuela calls America the great devil. Ukraine should pay up all the gas money they owning Russia and stop aiding and abetting America’s gas sale in Europe over Russia

OMG! look at how US is harassing Canada and Mexico that why they are running all over the world looking for allies.

Carry map first look where Venezuela dey and where America dey before talking.
Re: In Pictures: Ukraine On Edge Amid Fears Of A Russian Invasion by fancifulasuquo(m): 12:59am On Jan 26, 2022
Governor Udom Emmanuel should step in and show them how to MAINTAIN PEACE
Re: In Pictures: Ukraine On Edge Amid Fears Of A Russian Invasion by rajiedreez: 6:37am On Jan 26, 2022
neuf:

Read what you wrote and ask yourself how it make sense. Isn't US part of NATO? how can there be a NATO base but no US military presence?

at this point it's obvious you don't have what to say. just grabbing on straws

ciao

I don't know how simple it is to explain this to you o.

But do a little reading also and you see that

1. EUCOM is the command that oversees USA military in Europe and it works with NATO but different from NATO
2. Not all NATO states has the presence of EUCOM soldiers. Their could be soldiers from fellow European NATO members but no USA military is there with their base.

A good example is Turkey, Turkey will never allow an American military base in her country and its a NATO member too. Abeg enlighten me about that
Re: In Pictures: Ukraine On Edge Amid Fears Of A Russian Invasion by sarris(m): 8:12am On Jan 26, 2022
Just imagine that Vladimir Putin is the president of Nigeria, imagine what he will do to insecurity.
Re: In Pictures: Ukraine On Edge Amid Fears Of A Russian Invasion by neuf(m): 8:24am On Jan 26, 2022
rajiedreez:

I don't know how simple it is to explain this to you o.

But do a little reading also and you see that

1. EUCOM is the command that oversees USA military in Europe and it works with NATO but different from NATO
2. Not all NATO states has the presence of EUCOM soldiers. Their could be soldiers from fellow European NATO members but no USA military is there with their base.

A good example is Turkey, Turkey will never allow an American military base in her country and its a NATO member too. Abeg enlighten me about that

at this point it's tiring?

wait first? do you even know what is NATO? COMMAND CENTER? MILITARY BASE?

So the ballistic missiles US has in Turkey, whose army is in charge of guarding that base? Turkey?

dude just go read and enlighten yourself. Stop doubling down to prove a point that you don't even know in the first place

1 Like

Re: In Pictures: Ukraine On Edge Amid Fears Of A Russian Invasion by Pootle: 8:57am On Jan 26, 2022
EdwardRandy:

Make our population no deceive you o! We no get ammunitions.

bro Ghana no fit see draw for our hand...remember weytin we do Cameron for bakasi issue, the world use court of Hague to use beg and give Cameron, we finish their soldiers that time.

2 Likes

Re: In Pictures: Ukraine On Edge Amid Fears Of A Russian Invasion by Krismas(m): 9:46am On Jan 26, 2022
neuf:

OMG! look at how US is harassing Canada and Mexico that why they are running all over the world looking for allies.

Carry map first look where Venezuela dey and where America dey before talking.
grin Map ko, Map ni. Venezuela and America belong to the same regional organization. Venezuela is at the doorstep of America, even closer like Cuba and Panama which America described as their backdoor. What happened the last time Russia intervened in the conflict btw America and Syria? What will be the fate of America shud Russia decide to take side with America’s opponents every time?

Re: In Pictures: Ukraine On Edge Amid Fears Of A Russian Invasion by seunny4lif(m): 11:51am On Jan 26, 2022
You get time oooh
You see person wrote USA don’t have troops in those countries and you come dey follow am dey on argument about it.
He said they are not USA bases grin
neuf:

at this point it's tiring?

wait first? do you even know what is NATO? COMMAND CENTER? MILITARY BASE?

So the ballistic missiles US has in Turkey, whose army is in charge of guarding that base? Turkey?

dude just go read and enlighten yourself. Stop doubling down to prove a point that you don't even know in the first place

Re: In Pictures: Ukraine On Edge Amid Fears Of A Russian Invasion by neuf(m): 3:30pm On Jan 26, 2022
seunny4lif:
You get time oooh
You see person wrote USA don’t have troops in those countries and you come dey follow am dey on argument about it.
He said they are not USA bases grin

Hahaha ha....

na early morning and I didn't have much on plate so it felt right at the time to educate someone
Re: In Pictures: Ukraine On Edge Amid Fears Of A Russian Invasion by neuf(m): 3:35pm On Jan 26, 2022
Krismas:
grin Map ko, Map ni. Venezuela and America belong to the same regional organization. Venezuela is at the doorstep of America, even closer like Cuba and Panama which America described as their backdoor. What happened the last time Russia intervened in the conflict btw America and Syria? What will be the fate of America shud Russia decide to take side with America’s opponents every time?

you see as you draw that small line so. Go waka for real life.

Simple Geography e dey hard you
International politics you no follow

Oga abeg Park one side... my egbon Seunny4lif has educated me not to waste my time on y'all anymore
Re: In Pictures: Ukraine On Edge Amid Fears Of A Russian Invasion by seunny4lif(m): 4:32pm On Jan 26, 2022
neuf:

Hahaha ha....

na early morning and I didn't have much on plate so it felt right at the time to educate someone
You go just educate taya
You want educate CNN, BBC and AJ brainwashed people grin
You want educate people that believe that Rambo won against USSR in Afghanistan cheesy
Those one that believe that USA will wipe out Russia but Russia can’t do the same thing to USA wink

1 Like

Re: In Pictures: Ukraine On Edge Amid Fears Of A Russian Invasion by Krismas(m): 4:42pm On Jan 26, 2022
neuf:

you see as you draw that small line so. Go waka for real life.

Simple Geography e dey hard you
International politics you no follow

Oga abeg Park one side... my egbon Seunny4lif has educated me not to waste my time on y'all anymore
grin Ur mumu don do. I agree. If the distance from America to Venezuela is TOO far, then why is America killing themselves over Cuba? Cuba should also be so far na? So Russia can come to Venezuela and Cuba for bases. grin
Re: In Pictures: Ukraine On Edge Amid Fears Of A Russian Invasion by calcal: 2:06am On Jan 28, 2022
It is not Putin looking for trouble but Ukraine and her allies, Ukraine planned is to take back the separate regions with the use of force while Russia stations their boys on the border to open an unimaginable fire on Ukraine.

GeneralPula:
This Putin sha dey look for trouble..

Wonder what makes him believe he’ll live to tell the story if it eventually happens..
Re: In Pictures: Ukraine On Edge Amid Fears Of A Russian Invasion by Nobody: 10:29am On Feb 07, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
They have money for war but can't feed the poor. cry cry cry
So u even listen to Tupac... who are u really grin
Re: In Pictures: Ukraine On Edge Amid Fears Of A Russian Invasion by midastouch: 6:00pm On Feb 07, 2022
midastouch:
The cold war ended and as far as I am concerned NATO should have been disbanded. But no, they started expanding closer to Russian borders and placing weapons near russian soil. During the cold war, Russia attempted to put missiles and weapons in Cuba and the US was frothing from their mouth; so why would you expect Russia to do otherwise? Russia is not comfortable with NATO expanding into its sphere of influence. You cannot flog a child and ask the child not to cry. The West and US are just trying to bully Russia and get away with it. Good luck to all of them!

To fully understand the background reasons for why Russia and US Relations worsened after the cold war, you can watch this video that features a French Journalist who has lived and worked in both Russia and US give a fantastic insight with dated references to the key highlights at a Yale University symposium. The link on youtube is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X7Ng75e5gQ

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Driver Of The Cold Truck That Killed 39 Migrants Has Been Charged With Murder / Ugandan Paratroopers Crash Land On Spectators At 60th Independence / What Is Hamas, What Is Happening In Israel And Gaza Strip, And Other Questions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.