Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,755 members, 7,809,902 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:54 PM

Mr Biggs' Fried Rice - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Mr Biggs' Fried Rice (24111 Views)

Checkout A Male Student's Fried Spaghetti / Student Finds Cockroach Inside A Meat Pie She Bought At Mr. Biggs(pic / What Happened To MR BIGGS? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by ryu11(m): 1:58pm On Jul 31, 2007
Dear NL brodas and sistas.

I just love Mr biggs fried rice. Pity, some days go I went there with the intent of enjoying a Steaming hot pack (they don't serve in plates) with chicken like i ususally do. I say Pity because I wanted to wash my hands before eating only to be asked to use the ladies room as the gents was out of order.

When I got into the cherished ladies, it was in a state of chaos (not order). The tap was running , thank Heavens. there was no soap and the place was slightly less than filthy. I came out and alerted a waitress (the one that permitted me to use the ladies) on the absence of soap, after stories she gave me detergent (not Omo, Ariel not to talk of Persil). However to cut the long story short. What happened to the Mr Biggs that was a Standard? I can remember a few years back, on a trip i ate something that didn't settle with my system. I got down from the bus in that strange town, entered a bike and told the man to take me to the closest Mr Biggs. Their restroom was a Blessing to my life that day.

This is just one instance. Why is it that we Nigerians have a poor maintainace culture?

1 Like

Re: Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by fuwaolu: 5:50am On Aug 03, 2007
Thats True"poor maintainance culture" in all sector of Ngeria not only at MR BIGGS,Neways it seems u av got no wife since u enjoy eating fried rice and fast foods
Re: Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by ryu11(m): 8:28am On Aug 03, 2007
Nope still searching for Mrs right-in-the future. But you can be sure she'd be a better cook than they have at those fast food joints. And outstanding in maintenance too.
Re: Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by omoge(f): 4:05pm On Aug 03, 2007
learn how to cook fried rice yourself (very simple) that way you don't see too much of repulsive things wink
Re: Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by ryu11(m): 9:07pm On Aug 03, 2007
omoge:

learn how to cook fried rice yourself (very simple) that way you don't see too much of repulsive things wink

And who will teach me?

You? grin

All this talk about fried rice is making me hungry.
Re: Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by Gamine(f): 6:58pm On Aug 08, 2007
MR BIGGS RICE!!!

CANT EVA EAT THAT STUFF AGAIN OOH! tongue shocked shocked angry

NEVA!
Re: Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by SwtNsoFLyy(f): 3:46am On Aug 20, 2007

hahaha. that was funny to read,, thanks for the laff, but that kind of standard is not just there, you will find that in some US restaurants too,, in areas where its the 'customers' that dont care to clean up behind themselves, although, its up to the management to keep the cleanliness up to standard so they wont lose their good customers as yourself,

haha, Glad that you found another Mr. Biggs. I have never heard of Mr. Biggs, but I have been dying for some Nigerian food, and recipes for about a month now,

I hope I find some on this discussion forum, thats easy to cook. lol

Re: Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by lucyc(f): 6:44am On Oct 23, 2007
Two yrs ago(last time i visited naija)i went to a nearby mr biggs and ordered for fried rice and chicken,when i took it home and was eating it .oh my gosh!! behold there was lot of sand in it that i decided to throw it away.I no go go dia again sha.thank god i can cook grin grin grin
Re: Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by omoge25(f): 8:54am On Oct 23, 2007
I havent had the pleasure/displeasure to eat a Mr. Biggs, my cousins talk about it like its the best thing since sliced bread, its always when you come home we will take you to Mr. Biggs. I think i will pass.
Anyway sha like another person side, this kind of thing is seen every where its just not a MR. Bigg thing or naija thing. My roommate and i went into Dunkin Donuts by our school once i went to wash my hands in the bathroom the place was just so filthy and unkept. no soap or paper towel, trash on the floor and urine on the seat and the smelled really bad too. i quickly comot for there and told my roomate i wasnt hungry anymore. You have to wonder do the employers not use the bathroom? Im sure they saw how bad it looked and yet no one did anything. That told me i didnt want to eat there lipsrsealed
Re: Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by Seun(m): 9:01am On Oct 23, 2007
Which branch? You need to mention the branch in question. Every Mr. Biggs outlets is managed differently.

1 Like

Re: Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by jiddah: 9:42am On Oct 23, 2007
even if Mr Biggs outlets are managed differently,customers don't want to know if they are managed differently,all a customer wants is to have quality service no matter the outlet,so Mr Biggs should get that.

Moreova their fried rice sucks no matter the outlet and their jollof is even worse.
Re: Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by my2cents(m): 9:42am On Oct 23, 2007
no o! Make una go Mr. Biggs o!

Na una been wan eat fast food. Na una been wan be like oyibo. Instead of eating original, unadulterated, unprocessed food for house, una wan comot go chop as status symbol right? tongue

I have a cousin back home who goes there every day. When I am home, na so so, "mr biggs" as if to tell me, "look, as u dey go McDonald's, I dey follow chop fast food for here". Same applies to those who decide to "show me" when I visit them by immediately flipping to CNN. They don't know (or bother to ask) when last I have been to a fast food joint or when last I had the time to watch CNN past 5 mins. Besides, why should I buy "southern marinated chicken", named after the way chicken is prepared in the southern USA, 7000 miles away in Nigeria? Why should I spend 2 days in the air and go to another country, only to eat the same food I was running away from?

It is funny how, as oyibo dey try return to "dark ages" after realizing the danger of some of their "advancements", we as Nigerians can't seem to get enough of "industrialization".

Oh well, wetin I sabi?
Re: Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by Tayotere(m): 10:01am On Oct 23, 2007
Seun:

Which branch? You need to mention the branch in question. Every Mr. Biggs outlets is managed differently.

egbon Seun, maybe yu'll have to tell us the one outlet that is different

I stay in owerri and I can tell yu that all the 3 outlets in owerri are the same not only fried rice

i also visit PH and it is the same sad story

so wat are we sayin. cant we manage or wat undecided

that is why that stupid american profesor James Watson could open his dirty, magot infested mouth and say that

he is "inherently gloomy about the prospect of Africa" because "all our social policies are based on the fact that their intelligence is the same as ours – whereas all the testing says not really." He claims to hope that everyone is equal, but he counters that "people who have to deal with black employees find this not true.

imagine that stupid statement

pls let us put our house in order and prove idiots like watson wrong
Re: Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by babasin(m): 10:06am On Oct 23, 2007
It is the best in the WORLD.

I love it and missed it so much.

why cant we have francishe abroad?
Re: Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by femi4love(m): 10:11am On Oct 23, 2007
babasin:

It is the best in the WORLD.

I love it and missed it so much.

why can't we have francishe abroad?

Yeah right
Re: Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by omena555(f): 10:26am On Oct 23, 2007
i have never made use of their restrooms so i wldnt know if its up to standard or not but i certainly love their salad.  smiley its about the only salad i can enjoy eating outside my house. as for their rice, its too ordinary (my fried rice taste a whole lot better than theirs tongue )and their chicken is too pepperish for my liking.  sad them dey try sha.
Re: Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by rowlandwhy: 10:35am On Oct 23, 2007
people always think that MR. Biggs is the bomb, but there are other eatery outlets that are far better than the so called BIGGs,
In PH people dont fancy them much, like me, i prefer geting everything from Nik Nakkers or The Promise,
I think Mr. Biggs is just been heard every where becasue of its popularity and old-schoolness.
Re: Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by yimiton(f): 11:18am On Oct 23, 2007
Mr. Biggs is not only old school but it also totally sucks. . . sometimes. . .
I could push it down if I'm starved and it's the closest eatery to me, otherwise, I'll rather some better eateries around.
And the customer relations? ? . . . Terrible!
Re: Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by gbengeoou: 11:24am On Oct 23, 2007
Bros, se na their Restingroom you de complain about abi thier Fried rice?

If na fried rice, check any "MAMA PUT" you go enjoy am pass MR BIGGS own cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by onyekang1(f): 11:25am On Oct 23, 2007
rowlandwhy:

people always think that MR. Biggs is the bomb, but there are other eatery outlets that are far better than the so called BIGGs,

ABSOLUTELY In lag there are oda eatries lik swt sensation and TFC.they serve really gud and tasty dishes wink
Re: Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by bimbliss(f): 11:40am On Oct 23, 2007
mr biggs is living on past glory
their mgt has to take tough measures to correct the problems they have and very soon they will lose all their maiket if they dont change
as for me its not just about their restrooms but the quality of the food and snacks they make
does NAFDAC not check them?
Re: Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by Bblak(f): 11:43am On Oct 23, 2007
I had a terrible experience after taking Fried rice with chicken in one of those eateries last week.I won't want to mention names here for personal reasons.
i suddenly developed a chronic stomach ache immediately after the consumption of the said meal.The eateries av got a whole lot of improvement to make on their meals .Too bad
Re: Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by kaylala(m): 11:49am On Oct 23, 2007
What has fried rice go to do with your story shocked
Re: Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by realdemi(f): 12:01pm On Oct 23, 2007
Mr. Biggs doesn't make it for any thing. I don't know any of their food or pasteries that would make me stop by.
gbengeoou:

If na fried rice, check any "MAMA PUT" you go enjoy am pass MR BIGGS own cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
I concur
Re: Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by opokonwa(m): 12:03pm On Oct 23, 2007
I went to one Mr.Biggs outlet in Lagos.

This one is at MOBIL filling station Gbagada I AM NOT AFRAID TO MENTION NAMES. tongue tongue tongue

Peeps, I visited their restroom MALE NOT FEMALE grin

And I was shocked to my skin to find that a prime fast-food outlet like Mr. Biggs would have a bucket where peeps would put their used tissue papers! shocked shocked shocked

I was shocked because I never used such at home, not to talk of a public-eatery the brand of Mr. Biggs! shocked shocked shocked

Though I have seen such 'buckets' in some peeps toilets, I imagine it could only be in villages and remote shacks DEFINITELY NOT IN Mr. Biggs! angry

I swore never to eat in that particular Mr.Biggs again! angry

But you see, we have seen worse filth in Naija to 'over-bother'. Hunger no dey ask you "how far?"

I STILL DEY GO THERE CHOP WELL WELL! grin I DON FORGET 'INCIDENCE TOILET' embarassed ABI 'INCIDENCE BUCKET'. sad
Re: Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by realdemi(f): 12:05pm On Oct 23, 2007
Sweet sensations and Tasty fried Chicken are great. And Chicken is simply beautiful at Chicken Republic
Re: Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by ThoniaSlim(f): 12:15pm On Oct 23, 2007
Even before i left naija, i did not like fast food especially mr biggs, i don't just see the fascination with these fast food eateries. they don't serve the best food, and its been proven that so many of the fast food eateries( especially McDonald) serve meals that are not so healthy. but most nigerians seem to see it as such a huge thing, whether the food is healthy or not. i think the best thing is to prepare your food at home and eat. shikena. cool
Re: Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by Bblak(f): 12:59pm On Oct 23, 2007
kaylala:

What has fried rice go to do with your story shocked

A lot o.Because it was what brought about the stomach ache.Why asking if i may ask?
Re: Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by afamoh(f): 1:01pm On Oct 23, 2007
They actually need to improve,i and my friend bought fried rice there some 3 months ago at ogba branch,we took the rice home as in take away,we opened the rice to discovered that there was no chicken in one.all we are saying is that you guys should try to improve,so we can have that delicious experience  angry
Re: Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by klassyguy(m): 1:04pm On Oct 23, 2007
Ever since i went to one of their outlets here in Abuja and they told me there was no more chicken nor meat to go with the rice, i never steppedin any Mr Biggs again. when no be Yakoyo or Mama risi food canteen dem be. A whole Mr Biggs!!! shocked shocked
Re: Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by Easybaby(f): 1:52pm On Oct 23, 2007
Have any one been to Mrs Biggs tongue
Re: Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by my2cents(m): 2:10pm On Oct 23, 2007
Mr. Biggs is relying solely on its branding. There are other better places, but like coke, it has infused its brand on our minds to the point that even when we know we want to go elsewhere, Mr. Biggs is the only name that comes to mind. For that, we have to at least give them their due respect. We have to admit, the name is very catchy.

As long as pple continue patronizing them, they will continue to offer the service you all are complaining about. If you stop going, by the power of the free market, they will be forced to re-think their strategy with respect to customer loyalty and service. I know it can be done cos in Uyo where I am based, there was such a place (prior to Mr. Biggs) where the owner did too much shakara. Once Biggs opened, no one went there anymore. They started closing earlier than normal, they cooked very little food so that it wouldn't go bad/go to waste and in due time, the place folded altogether.

Let's use our power of the wallet effectively and stop the, "how I go do?" syndrome.

As always, my 2 cents.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Where Can I Get Brown Rice In Lagos / What Food Tastes Better The Next Day? / How Many MUDU Are There In A PAINT Bucket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.