Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,998 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:29 PM

Mr Biggs' Fried Rice - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Mr Biggs' Fried Rice (24112 Views)

Checkout A Male Student's Fried Spaghetti / Student Finds Cockroach Inside A Meat Pie She Bought At Mr. Biggs(pic / What Happened To MR BIGGS? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by lordmassac(m): 2:54pm On Oct 23, 2007
u too like food grin
Re: Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by rowlandwhy: 3:15pm On Oct 23, 2007
lordmassac:

u too like food grin
who are u referring to
Re: Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by jtkoko9(f): 3:17pm On Oct 23, 2007
funny enough guys Mr Biggs is d last place on earth i tink i can actually enter to buy food. o boi i no understand wetn u like 4 d fried rice. hala me at justlove247@yahoo.com let me giv u nice tips on how to make fried rice if dats ur favourite meal man.
Re: Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by klassyguy(m): 3:45pm On Oct 23, 2007
U are right on that one. From the looks of things too here, People prefer going to ther places here in Abuja like Mama Cass, Tantilizers, Southern Fried Chicken, and even DrumSticks. it's been long that i heard someone saying he/she wants to go chow at Mr Biggs. i guess they are gradually getting out of the market.
Re: Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by ayomifull(f): 3:52pm On Oct 23, 2007
Anyone who tries to use toilet (no ladies or gents just toilets) in Nigerian embassy in Dublin is doomed! How terrible. You sure will get sick if you stay in it for 2 minutes.
Re: Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by Nobody: 3:57pm On Oct 23, 2007
see here, all that is carrying major nigerian brands is branding - nothing more

i was opportuned to visit the interior of a major fast food joint .forget all the exterior packaging etal, the back was like any open area kitchen (like when theres a party in yr house and your folks roll out the big cooking pots. . .)

if you talk with the management of most of these resturants one on one, you'll find they don't give two about standards, just about maximum profit.

what can one expect in naija, anyway, its not like we have health inspectors tongue

maybe you shld have uploaded a youtube video. . like that resturant in yankee with the rats grin
Re: Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by Busta(f): 4:20pm On Oct 23, 2007
I MISS MR BIGGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HAVEN'T HAD IT IN 7-8yrs

cry  cry  cry  cry  cry
Re: Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by mrtunde(m): 4:37pm On Oct 23, 2007
Why would anyone eat out of Mr. Biggs in the first instance.
They are the least professional of all the eateries i know.
They serve pork (diced) in their fried/jollof rice (muslims don't eat pork)
their service girls are not very pretty. they don't smile at you
they never have change!
some outlets are actually dirty!
and their meals are cold.
the list goes on and on.
i stopped eating at any mr. biggs almost a year ago!
Re: Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by folahann(m): 5:54pm On Oct 23, 2007
sorry for naija
Re: Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by Nobody: 5:57pm On Oct 23, 2007
I thought the thread was actually about fried rice,I didn't know it was about a man using the ladies bathroom .
Re: Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by Nobody: 5:58pm On Oct 23, 2007
mrtunde:

Why would anyone eat out of Mr. Biggs in the first instance.
They are the least professional of all the eateries i know.
They serve pork (diced) in their fried/jollof rice (muslims don't eat pork)
their service girls are not very pretty. they don't smile at you
they never have change!
some outlets are actually dirty!
and their meals are cold.
the list goes on and on.
i stopped eating at any mr. biggs almost a year ago!

My dear,if you abhor certain foods,never eat in a restaurant
You have no control what they use.
Re: Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by gabrielgb: 6:24pm On Oct 23, 2007
dude go to mama put if you are tired of fast foods.

just curious but why is it that all the posters that said they'v left nigeria are females.
Re: Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by femi6(m): 6:51pm On Oct 23, 2007
gabrielgb:

just curious but why is it that all the posters that said they'v left nigeria are females.
dude dont be curious
Re: Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by itosco2003(f): 7:03pm On Oct 23, 2007
[b]Mr Biggs isnt tryn. Their fried rice is nothin to right home about. What they are doing to us isnt fair. They only put curry in their fried rice and they decide to call it fried rice. There is no green pease, reasonable amount of carrot and liver in their so called rice which they lie to us that it is fried rice. What about their tea! They give u 2 cubes of sugar N5, N10 cowbell milk,N5 lipton and 2.50k water to make up their tea and they tell u to pay N60. Now u buy a bg juice and they give u tea cup and straw to use and take the jucie instead of a glass cup. You buy food and they dont give u a ceramic plate instead they give u plastic take away plate which is indecent. We must yell for this stuff they are doing. Their toilet is always faulty, U will use it and sometimes u will find out that the water closet is malfunctioning. You will see alot of stuffs in their toilet. If i go there to ease myself i use seconds because u cant relax well to ease urself. The ones that are realy bad are those u find in some western states like Ondo state and Oshogbo. They cook as if they are learning, NAFDAC must visit them for much explanation.[/b]
Re: Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by jmichael90: 7:25pm On Oct 23, 2007
make una leave mr bigg's alone jo. me too i like eating at eateries but we've no control over their maintenance culture, and i believe their common sense will tell them if they notice customers are no more trooping in their outlets , cos mr bigg's will be the last place for me to step.
Re: Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by fesse(f): 7:52pm On Oct 23, 2007
All the Mr Biggs in Nigeria are the same. They no sabi anything.
There are other eatry centers that are good than Mr Biggs.
Re: Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by lynxnoon(m): 12:20am On Oct 24, 2007
@easybaby
abeg where b mrs BIGGS grin grin
Re: Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by ifyalways(f): 1:40am On Oct 24, 2007
Not a fan of eating out
Re: Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by babadee(m): 1:58am On Oct 24, 2007
Mr Biggs?
the lost their standards when they started their franchise!
Re: Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by babadee(m): 2:02am On Oct 24, 2007
as in when they started their open franchise
Re: Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by oge4real(f): 3:08am On Oct 24, 2007
I sincerely hope someone will read this and make a positive change.I thank God that I've stoped visiting Mr Biggs for a very long time now.
Re: Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by kamsi(f): 7:58am On Oct 24, 2007
I wouldnt 4get my experience at Mr Biggs. I decided to take my daughter to Mr Biggs, it was her Frist day at school. After school that day I Took her to Mr Biggs at Masha junction Surulere. She just had a cup of ice cream. Immediately we got home, she started vomitting. Next thing I knew she was stooling uncontrollably. I rush her to the hospital and she was placed on admission she spent close to a week at the hospital. She was diagnosed with food poisioning. I have never seen any thing like that she was passing out so often I was scared. My doctor then told me he had a patient who visited that same outlet and ended up sick. Not long after that branch was closed up for renovations.
I went to buy a cup of icecream for less than N200 and ended up paying thousands for medical bills. * i wish suing in nigeria was big business probaly i would be rolling in money*
Even though I still visit Mr Biggs i look at the surroundings. Like the branch at Apongbon Lagos island ought to be sealed up and never allowed to operate again.
Re: Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by benlay(m): 8:57am On Oct 24, 2007
u could have done good by telling us the particular location of Mr Bigg's
Re: Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by DoubleN(m): 1:07pm On Oct 24, 2007
Mr Biggs is just a franchise.Individuals go to UAC and purchase/Lease the brand name and build their outlets, that is why the disparity in service. If you are to go any of the UAC run branches such cannot happen.
Re: Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by amaikama(m): 1:11pm On Oct 24, 2007
Sori to say, they don't have quality standard but have quantity standard. angry

Thank my God and my mama i can cook grin
Re: Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by rowlandwhy: 1:30pm On Oct 24, 2007
benlay:

u could have done good by telling us the particular location of Mr Bigg's
she stated it in black and white

kamsi:

After school that day I Took her to Mr Biggs at Masha junction Surulere.

what else do u want to hear?
Re: Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by ryu11(m): 3:00pm On Oct 24, 2007
Funny. I just saw this as a sticky. Been awhile since I logged on, and even ages since I posted this thread. The Mr Biggs in question is the one in PH. somewhere around artillery junction I think. don't know the name of the street.

Till Tommie Mr Biggs cooked (in the history books now) the best fried rice i have eaten "outside home". I remember it had:

1. green peas
2. sweet corn
3. diced carrots
4. shredded beef
5. spicy curry
6. liver bits
7. broccoli

and of course rice in the pack. I'm still yet to eat, fired rice that tasty out. Their chicken is still the most tender and well prepared.

By they I mean a few (very few) outlets.
Re: Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by klassyguy(m): 4:33pm On Oct 24, 2007
So DoubleN, hw do we know which branches are UAC run cos all their food look and taste the same to me.
Re: Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by Nobody: 4:55pm On Oct 24, 2007
fried rice is quite simple to cook.
who needs a simple recipe? smiley
@ the poster whose daughter got food poisoning,ice cream or salads in an unsanitory place is a sure ticket to the hospital and sometimes can be fatal.
Since these are cold foods,the bacteria like e coli are not killed,in the case of icecream they are just chilled and in the warmth and comfort of our guts they multiply in seconds and can cause havoc.
Thank God your daughter survived,many are not that lucky.
Re: Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by Nobody: 5:09pm On Oct 24, 2007
I had meatpies from mr biggs at Aba the last time I was home,the diarrhoea was flowing like pure water grin
It was a nasty experience.
Mr biggs o,mr smalls,I will not be found there.
Re: Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by ifyalways(f): 5:18pm On Oct 24, 2007
Not a fan of eatinh out
Re: Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by Nobody: 5:29pm On Oct 24, 2007
ifyalways:

[/b][b]hahahahah Nwando baby wetin you use wedge the diarrhoea ooooops sorry sad[i][/i]pure water?[b][/b]terrible experience i guess.
mr biggs o,mr small o,mr medium sef we no send.if them see our legs there,make them cut am.CHIKENA grin grin grin

My dear,it was only God that saved me.
For two days,I practically lived in the toilet.
I almost asked my folks to go buy me a diaper grin

people have to be careful eating out in Nigeria.
Many have died untimely deaths from Typhoid et al.
When I was back home in my younger days,we thought nothing of buying suya from roadside mallams and kpoff kpoff carried on a "showcase"
I would not try any of that now.
I'm too pretty to die young grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Where Can I Get Brown Rice In Lagos / What Food Tastes Better The Next Day? / Nigerian Breweries Launches Stella Larger Beer, Many Reconsider Naming Daughters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.