Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,156 members, 7,818,501 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

Mr Biggs' Fried Rice - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Mr Biggs' Fried Rice (24131 Views)

Checkout A Male Student's Fried Spaghetti / Student Finds Cockroach Inside A Meat Pie She Bought At Mr. Biggs(pic / What Happened To MR BIGGS? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by ifyalways(f): 5:35pm On Oct 24, 2007
@ nwando
then we were covered with the immunity of childhood and innocence. grin grin
kpof kpof,akara,dough nut,elele iko,agidi.hmmmmmmn God has ben faithful
Re: Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by Bleekie(m): 7:27pm On Oct 24, 2007
Mr Biggs is just a very cheap copy of Mc Donalds.
Can not be compared to any western standard.
Re: Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by seun001(m): 8:36pm On Oct 24, 2007
nwando:

I had meatpies from mr biggs at Aba the last time I was home,the diarrhoea was flowing like pure water grin
It was a nasty experience.
Mr biggs o,mr smalls,I will not be found there.

pure water still get particles abi,how about flowing river! grin

though i do agree that some outlets can ultimately poison u,there are some that are well managed.though i dont frequent any eateries again cos of the health implications.but i kinda liked the mr biggs meat pie.twas the best i could find.

abt the convenience,there was one i went to that had the male toilet locked up,so both males and females were using the same toilet,i was utterly disgusted,threw a tantrum and left with a threat to inform nafdac.didnt do anything though and never returned to find out.

1 Like

Re: Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by seun001(m): 8:43pm On Oct 24, 2007
nwando:

people have to be careful eating out in Nigeria.
Many have died untimely deaths from Typhoid et al.
When I was back home in my younger days,we thought nothing of buying suya from roadside mallams and kpoff kpoff carried on a "showcase"
I would not try any of that now.
I'm too pretty to die young grin

suya does not cause the frequent disasters that this eateries have caused.am wondering y, since an eatery is supposed to be more hygenic than a suya joint.
i see death around the corner-tupac
Re: Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by ACL(m): 10:49pm On Oct 24, 2007
their FIESTA is the only snack you can take and be sure of money spent wisely.

All their outlets are terrible. franchise or no franchise
Re: Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by tenor(m): 8:49am On Oct 25, 2007
@ poster,
Your post will be incomplete and have less meaning if you do not include the branch of Mr Biggs with this dirty toilet facility. This will serve as a detterent to others as they'll sit up when they know they can lose clientele if their bad practices are opened up in a public thread like this. I think everyone should be more specific in their claims.
I can assure you that not all the Mr Biggs outlets have this dirty toilets. So generalising wont help. Same with other eateries like TFC, Nandos, etc.
Re: Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by choco4life(m): 9:25am On Oct 25, 2007
I think this Mr.biggs thing is going out of hand.
Like two years back i bought this chicken from Mr.biggs,only to get home to see it was full of feathers, to show the stuff was not cleaned very well before preparation.
Sometimes i feel like weeping for this country called Nigeria, we ve the impetus to make this country the best ever heard of but we just won't.

[sub][/sub]make God help [sup][/sup]us
Re: Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by Kabidoye(m): 11:35am On Oct 25, 2007
too bad. ve not really had much of their fried rice but I cant tell you,If u want d worst salad on earth, go to biggs. I was served a plate of salad without cream. Immediately, I called the attn of the manager. he appologised tremendously n pleaded dat was a mistake. i went home wondering "y me oh". then I visited anoda branch. twas more messed up. then I figured their Salad is not upto Catering Standard so when next u visit a Mr biggs outlet, do not ask for salad else, u'ld get urself pissed. am out
Re: Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by cecegorz(m): 6:06pm On Oct 25, 2007
hey dudes,
save urself some troubles. check in to any chicken republic outlet
and u'll be glad 4d rest of da day. Their chicken is superbly done and the hot spicey moi moi is hhmmmm,
Re: Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by adultebony(m): 1:53pm On Oct 26, 2007
he is "inherently gloomy about the prospect of Africa" because "all our social policies are based on the fact that their intelligence is the same as ours – whereas all the testing says not really." He claims to hope that everyone is equal, but he counters that "people who have to deal with black employees find this not true.

People like 'Prof' Watson always bring to mind that some of these white skin fellows are less than human in there thinking.
Re: Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by abelix(m): 3:33pm On Oct 26, 2007
for kaduna you get to eat some slimy food and snacks ,it is horrible the queue you see there i just wonder why this guys are not in the know that they need to change the way they present food .
me sha i prefer mama basirat or i just cook the food at home meself it is better .
fast food joints are cholera sections
Re: Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by Nobody: 4:24pm On Oct 26, 2007
choco4life:

I think this Mr.biggs thing is going out of hand.
Like two years back i bought this chicken from Mr.biggs,only to get home to see it was full of feathers, to show the stuff was not cleaned very well before preparation.
Sometimes i feel like weeping for this country called Nigeria, we ve the impetus to make this country the best ever heard of but we just won't.

[sub][/sub]make God help [sup][/sup]us

chei,I no fit laugh.
fried unplucked chicken?
what were they thinking?
Re: Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by Nobody: 4:33pm On Oct 26, 2007
seun001:

suya does not cause the frequent disasters that this eateries have caused.am wondering y, since an eatery is supposed to be more hygenic than a suya joint.
i see death around the corner-tupac

Maybe the suyas are laden with organisms that have longer incubation period like Salmonella and others.
By the time the Typhoid fever hits,you can't trace it back to Mallam Abdullahi

ifyalways:

@ nwando
then we were covered with the immunity of childhood and innocence. grin grin
kpof kpof,akara,dough nut,elele iko,agidi.hmmmmmmn God has ben faithful

God really saved one o?
all those rice and stew with meat and a cup of water from mama Eliza at those bus terminals in Iselle Uku or Ore,on the way to Lagos.
Only Heaven knows the organisms that God protected us from.
Knowing what I now know,I wouldn't even breathe in those environments talk less of sitting and eating a meal there.
Re: Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by Panache(m): 7:11pm On Oct 26, 2007
Mr Biggs, lost it all after they opened some outlets and left it for greedy hustlers to man. When I was in Lagos in May, despite my sister's effort I went to the one by Beesam (Local Airport Area) to remember way back, when Mr. Biggs was the bomb. Allah, u need to see how bad the rice and chicken tasted. On the other hand, I ate at another one in Minna, Niger state and it was nice. So watch out!
Re: Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by slimes(m): 1:59pm On Oct 27, 2007
Mr Biggs is not living up to expectation. I think it cannot compete with its likes. Very soon this so called Biggs would be a thing of the past unless something is done.
Re: Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by denony(m): 7:40pm On Oct 29, 2007
Mr. BIGGS? even Food step at Boundary Ajegunle is better than the so called Mr. Biggs.

Its just Big name Bla Bla Bla.
Re: Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by kamsi(f): 10:30pm On Oct 30, 2007
why suya cant cause much havoc is cos of the fire that it is roasted on. Though problems could arise if the meat was not probably grilled. Another incubator for germs in Nigeria is sliced fruits that road side vendors sell. Do take a close look at the utensils used for cutting it. the knife and tray are never washed rather they used dirty rags to wipe it. About 20 pawpaws could be sliced at a time and the seller would frist cut every one of them before tieing it up. By then hundreds of houseflies would have perched on then. Usually all these are done by the road side and all dust particles settles on them. Finally a buyer buys it and ends up ingesting germs and bacterias.
Re: Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by hope2007(f): 9:45pm On Nov 01, 2007
i travelled recently to uyo and as i entered i was very hungry as i left ph very late i now went into the mr biggs at ikot ekpene road to buy some snacks. the sales people there were so none chalant they just left us standing there and didnt even bother to let us know what was gwan. i was very made and complain ed to their manager who was busy jisting as if tomorrow never comes. i left them and went to the next one in town and their service was superb there and then i vowed never to go to ikot ekpene branch again. angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by benlay(m): 5:31am On Nov 02, 2007
pls leave Mr Bigg's alone,itz now evrybody no complains abt them. They've there & done that.
Re: Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by seun001(m): 7:02am On Nov 02, 2007
kamsi:

why suya can't cause much havoc is because of the fire that it is roasted on. Though problems could arise if the meat was not probably grilled. Another incubator for germs in Nigeria is sliced fruits that road side vendors sell. Do take a close look at the utensils used for cutting it. the knife and tray are never washed rather they used dirty rags to wipe it. About 20 pawpaws could be sliced at a time and the seller would frist cut every one of them before tieing it up. By then hundreds of houseflies would have perched on then. Usually all these are done by the road side and all dust particles settles on them. Finally a buyer buys it and ends up ingesting germs and bacterias.

yes ooooo!i think the fruits kills faster ooo!
Re: Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by IderaN(f): 1:01pm On Nov 02, 2007
I was told of a place at Ibadan, one iya put like that, she makes sales alot and if you see the place, it's a dump. to make matters worse she does not buy toothpick instead she cuts a new broom into half and hangs it on the doorexit, so if you finish eating and need to pick your tooth[b], U DO THAT ON YOUR WAY OUT BY CUTTING THE BROOM[/b], can you imagine that!!!! and you will see all this big big men with jeeps going there to cut broom by the door side.

Naija's canteen is a case study!!!!
Re: Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by ifyalways(f): 3:28pm On Nov 02, 2007
Idera .N:

I was told of a place at Ibadan, one iya put like that, she makes sales alot and if you see the place, it's a dump. to make matters worse she does not buy toothpick instead she cuts a new broom into half and hangs it on the doorexit, so if you finish eating and need to pick your tooth[b], You DO THAT ON YOUR WAY OUT BY CUTTING THE BROOM[/b], can you imagine that!!!! and you will see all this big big men with jeeps going there to cut broom by the door side.

Naija's canteen is a case study!!!!
Stories heard only on NLD
Re: Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by abelix(m): 3:53pm On Nov 02, 2007
that place is called inastraight ,it is a raz joint
Re: Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by mellow(m): 12:37pm On Nov 03, 2007
Make una no worry, the days of Mr Biggs are numbered. In Ph I always go

genesis or The Promise and this new one at trans-Amadi called Just relish.

Outside these ones you can't catch me death on any other.
[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000]
Re: Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by Glorya(f): 1:17pm On Nov 03, 2007
Mr Biggs fried rice is nothing to write home about. i bought a plate from an outlet at Terminus in Jos, can you imagine that the rice is half-done and the ingredients overcooked and it is called fried rice? The chicken is even worse, no seasoning at all.
Re: Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by styrax(m): 5:00pm On Nov 04, 2007
I wonder how issues are all tied up; Mr Biggs' fried rice; Ladies; maintenance culture and the state of the Nation. Na wa oo

Any cause & effect relationship?  Or just plain inherent, innate, and genetically linked bad attitude to maintenance and personal hygiene??
Re: Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by dumie(f): 2:20pm On Nov 06, 2007
We must give it to them that they are virtually in every city, whenever you are traveling or find yourself in a strange city, Mr Biggs comes to your mind and quickly satisfy your every need.
Re: Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by naijabelle: 1:28am On Nov 07, 2007
are u kidding me, the rice is disgusting!!
Re: Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by Nobody: 11:48am On Nov 10, 2007
The Only thing that can satisfy me at Mr. Biggs is their HOT DOG kiss tongue, they make the best kiss. But Fried rice, shitz angry angry angry, forget it cry cry 15%.
Re: Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by Panache(m): 8:50pm On Nov 21, 2007
Abelix, thanks for bringing back old memories, inastraight is it. There food is off the chain.
Re: Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by amylizzy(f): 10:23pm On Feb 22, 2008
i don't care what mrbiggs sells, my eyes are only at mcdonalds
Re: Mr Biggs' Fried Rice by TOYOSI20(f): 12:49am On Feb 23, 2008
I try as much as I can to eat home cooked meals,

But, if their fried rice is hygienically prepared,

I wouldn't mind trying it,

I love fried rice.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Much Is 1 Cup Of Rice In Your Area / Where Can I Get Brown Rice In Lagos / What Food Tastes Better The Next Day?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.