Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit (59520 Views)

HELP In Identifying This Strange Looking Flower / Check Out This Strange-looking Snake / Whats The Name Of This Strange Looking Insect ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by od501: 8:53pm On Jan 25, 2022
tutudesz:
Durian
@Younghacka abeg were the tree dey If it's Durian, na expensive Asia fruit O! Na big money

Nop. That's Jackfruit. The one you post is different.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by alloy123: 8:53pm On Jan 25, 2022
Durian grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by MufasaLion: 8:53pm On Jan 25, 2022
donofdons:
It is called Jackfruit. It is very popular in India and other parts of Asia where they use it to make Chakkavaratty.
In Brazil, we call it jack -mole. It is a very good place for hiding drugs from Columbia into brazil and USA. Before being deported to nigeria, I stayed in jail for 8 years after US authorities caught one of our shipment containing cocaine and marijuana so I know this very well. We also boil it in salt water and fry whenever we are spending a long time in Columbia forest preparing cocaine pastes

Wow!

Can you tell me more about your experience?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by RPG2020(m): 8:53pm On Jan 25, 2022
That's baby watermelon �
Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by od501: 8:53pm On Jan 25, 2022
Younghacka:
This Is The First Place I Have Seen This Fruit. It's Growing In My Uncle's Compound, Looks Like Sour Chop But It's Fruit And Tree Is Bigger.
Anyone With An Idea Of The Name And What It Tastes Like?

It is called Jackfruit plant.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by DropsMic(m): 8:54pm On Jan 25, 2022
Younghacka:
This Is The First Place I Have Seen This Fruit. It's Growing In My Uncle's Compound, Looks Like Sour Chop But It's Fruit And Tree Is Bigger.

Jackfruit... It's very proteinous

1 Like

Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by na2016: 8:54pm On Jan 25, 2022
It is called Jackfruit.
Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by Kharol1234: 8:54pm On Jan 25, 2022
attarri:
breadfruit, very rich in minerals
fanta,spirite and coke or which minerals grin

1 Like

Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by tutudesz: 8:54pm On Jan 25, 2022
od501:

Nop. That's Jackfruit. The one you post is different.
Wow never heard of it O! I just googled it
Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by aalangel(f): 8:56pm On Jan 25, 2022
donofdons:
It is called Jackfruit. It is very popular in India and other parts of Asia where they use it to make Chakkavaratty.
In Brazil, we call it jack -mole. It is a very good place for hiding drugs from Columbia into brazil and USA. Before being deported to nigeria, I stayed in jail for 8 years after US authorities caught one of our shipment containing cocaine and marijuana so I know this very well. We also boil it in salt water and fry whenever we are spending a long time in Columbia forest preparing cocaine pastes

Apart from all you said, how can it be eaten or how can you cook it?
Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by kiddkash(m): 8:56pm On Jan 25, 2022
it is called jack fruit. in igbo, we call it ukwu enu

Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by nickyj19: 8:56pm On Jan 25, 2022
Mhurfhy:
I hate the smell of that fruit. I can't stand it
undecided as if u really know the fruit true true
Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by NwaNimo1(m): 8:57pm On Jan 25, 2022
donofdons:

[img]https://c./6TfrW7J9Z7EAAAAd/thinking-staring.gif[/img]

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by Babastrong(m): 8:57pm On Jan 25, 2022
In my town, we call it "epa oyinbo".
when the fruit is ripe, it usually fall down on it own though it can be plucked.
you remove the epicarp of the fruit. There are many seeds inside the fruit. You put the seeds in side pot then add water. Boil the seeds for several minutes(30mins).
when the seeds are cooked. Allow them to cool, remove the epicarp of the seeds (usually brown in colour) and eat the white substance inside the seeds. Very sweet like groundnut.
Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by descarado: 8:59pm On Jan 25, 2022
kiddkash:
it is called jack fruit. in igbo, we call it ukwu enu

We know it as ùkwa oyibo.

So many names.
Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by sugarlyn: 8:59pm On Jan 25, 2022
It is called sycamore fruit
My grandmother has it in her compound so we eat enjoy alot of it.
It has a very beautiful fragrance when it's ripe.
Oh! I miss it.
Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by blackaxe78: 8:59pm On Jan 25, 2022
Mango
Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by Yankee101: 9:01pm On Jan 25, 2022
Jackfruit
Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by sheettle(m): 9:02pm On Jan 25, 2022
Gbẹrẹfúùtù ���
Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by Praktikals(m): 9:03pm On Jan 25, 2022
Younghacka:
This Is The First Place I Have Seen This Fruit. It's Growing In My Uncle's Compound, Looks Like Sour Chop Soursop But It's Fruit And Tree Is Bigger.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by dust144(m): 9:04pm On Jan 25, 2022
Fig tree
Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by AsampeteNwaanyi(f): 9:05pm On Jan 25, 2022
very sweet
i mean the flesh covering the seed
Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by justifyme(m): 9:06pm On Jan 25, 2022
Sycamore!!! Taste like Banana or even sweeter than Banana

1 Like

Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by shantti(m): 9:07pm On Jan 25, 2022
I think that's an orange that has H.I.V

1 Like

Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by Drone95(m): 9:07pm On Jan 25, 2022
Bread fruit or nothing shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by Legitboss1: 9:09pm On Jan 25, 2022
E dey plenty for South East.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by AnI77: 9:10pm On Jan 25, 2022
donofdons:

You need to repent else you are going straight to HELFAYA.
Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by Akanoaaa(m): 9:10pm On Jan 25, 2022
No be gbere be dis?
Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jan 25, 2022
Younghacka:

I Don't Think It Is Breadfruit, I Just Looked It Up.
This One Has Plenty Seeds Inside.

Jack fruit, it's very sweet and to eat the seed, you have to roast it,that is when u are using charcoal, the ones on the floor,open the dust put the seed inside and cover it,let it heat well,den u bring it out crack it and eat the nut inside

1 Like

Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by Unruly7(m): 9:13pm On Jan 25, 2022
donofdons:

Sorry for your ordeal boss

Things we do to secure the bag

God bless your bustle boss!

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by LordReed(m): 9:15pm On Jan 25, 2022
Younghacka:
Sour Chop

Soursop not sour chop.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Cows Are Offloaded From Vehicles, It Takes Wisdom To Do That / World’s Most Expensive Sheep Auctions At £367,500 / 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.