Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,894 members, 7,817,628 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit (59495 Views)

HELP In Identifying This Strange Looking Flower / Check Out This Strange-looking Snake / Whats The Name Of This Strange Looking Insect ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by wiseone28: 9:15pm On Jan 25, 2022
The fruit sweet pass sugar..

Jackfruit though i always knew it as fig tree here grin
Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by kiltoko1(m): 9:17pm On Jan 25, 2022
Sycamore... very sweet
Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by Benzemma(m): 9:17pm On Jan 25, 2022
For my village we call it kparambut
Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by Topmaike007(m): 9:18pm On Jan 25, 2022
Op that thing na gbere oo grin all ifewara Born will understand me better
Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by Mikespecialone(m): 9:19pm On Jan 25, 2022
Breadfruit not jack fruit

Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by IDnoble1: 9:20pm On Jan 25, 2022
Nbotee:
It's called a Jackfruit... I had to do an image search wen I saw it recently
Please, guide me on how to do the search
Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by Mcfi(m): 9:21pm On Jan 25, 2022
element1313:
It’s called sycamore

Correct

That fruit dey sweet like mad with one kind strange smell like this.
Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by Kobojunkie: 9:22pm On Jan 25, 2022
Younghacka:
This Is The First Place I Have Seen This Fruit. It's Growing In My Uncle's Compound, Looks Like Sour Chop But It's Fruit And Tree Is Bigger.
Anyone With An Idea Of The Name And What It Tastes Like?
Can you please show us pictures of the fruit cut open please? undecided

It does in fact look a lot like the African Breadfruit - Treculia Africana or Ukwa(igbo) undecided

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by blackpanda: 9:22pm On Jan 25, 2022
donofdons:
It is called Jackfruit. It is very popular in India and other parts of Asia where they use it to make Chakkavaratty.
In Brazil, we call it jack -mole. It is a very good place for hiding drugs from Columbia into brazil and USA. Before being deported to nigeria, I stayed in jail for 8 years after US authorities caught one of our shipment containing cocaine and marijuana so I know this very well. We also boil it in salt water and fry whenever we are spending a long time in Columbia forest preparing cocaine pastes

Jesu shocked undecided

1 Like

Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by peacettw: 9:23pm On Jan 25, 2022
What a coincidence! I have one in my fridge right now. It is called Jack fruit and can be made into a juice.
When this juice gets semi-frozen, it is creamy and tastes exactly like ice-cream.

Enjoy
Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by Idiotmod: 9:24pm On Jan 25, 2022
tutudesz:
Durian
@Younghacka abeg were the tree dey If it's Durian, na expensive Asia fruit O! Na big money
This fruit dey Eruwa. How much dey ontop make i carry you go there

1 Like

Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by aribisala0(m): 9:24pm On Jan 25, 2022
wiseone28:
The fruit sweet pass sugar..

Jackfruit though i always knew it as fig tree here grin
I think it is a matter of taste. I found it very smelly and annoying but my friends loved it grin

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by Grandmeister(m): 9:31pm On Jan 25, 2022
Mcfi:

Correct

That fruit dey sweet like mad with one kind strange smell like this.
Consult Google before saying correct. The fruit there is called a bread fruit…it’s exterior is similar to the jackfruit too.
Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by FireUpNow(m): 9:32pm On Jan 25, 2022
Tracking your IP right now. Rule #1: Don't get high on your own supply.Scarface
donofdons:
It is called Jackfruit. It is very popular in India and other parts of Asia where they use it to make Chakkavaratty.
In Brazil, we call it jack -mole. It is a very good place for hiding drugs from Columbia into brazil and USA. Before being deported to nigeria, I stayed in jail for 8 years after US authorities caught one of our shipment containing cocaine and marijuana so I know this very well. We also boil it in salt water and fry whenever we are spending a long time in Columbia forest preparing cocaine pastes
Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by tutudesz: 9:33pm On Jan 25, 2022
Idiotmod:

This fruit dey Eruwa. How much dey ontop make i carry you go there
Check the screenshot
Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by alphaNomega: 9:41pm On Jan 25, 2022
donofdons:
Wow, I'm glad you're now a free man. What a sad turn of events you experienced cry

1 Like

Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by thinksquad(m): 9:42pm On Jan 25, 2022
Ukwa
Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by MrMacinterchi1: 9:45pm On Jan 25, 2022
Younghacka:
This Is The First Place I Have Seen This Fruit. It's Growing In My Uncle's Compound, Looks Like Sour Chop But It's Fruit And Tree Is Bigger.
check sour sop*
most people says the fruit is called Jack fruit

1 Like

Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by Younghacka(m): 9:46pm On Jan 25, 2022
MarxMike:
OP, abeg na your bicycle be dat??... shocked shocked
No grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by Younghacka(m): 9:47pm On Jan 25, 2022
sleeknick:
Chawachop
I Don't Think So
Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by Miraj22(f): 9:47pm On Jan 25, 2022
Sycamore I miss eating this
Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by element1313(m): 9:48pm On Jan 25, 2022
Oga mamagrills you can’t tell me what I know…so go and sit down
Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jan 25, 2022
Nbotee:
It's called a Jackfruit... I had to do an image search wen I saw it recently

Some phones come with camera functions that gives options to search an image, scan barcodes and others. But there's a searchbyImage app by Google. Jus snap and allow it do its search
Redmi
Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by JennyOfOldstones(f): 9:50pm On Jan 25, 2022
IDnoble1:

Please, guide me on how to do the search

1) Screenshot or save the image you want to search
2) Open the Google app on your phone, you'll see a camera icon near the microphone icon on the search bar. Click it
3) When you click it, it would open your camera app and you can either take a picture of what you want to search directly or you choose the screenshot or saved image from your files.
4) Upload the picture and it would show you what you're looking for

Some phones have a direct image search function in their camera app so you might not need to open the Google app.
Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by Younghacka(m): 9:53pm On Jan 25, 2022
LordReed:

Soursop not sour chop.
Okay, Thanks.
smiley
Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by Younghacka(m): 9:55pm On Jan 25, 2022
aribisala0:
I think it is a matter of taste. I found it very smelly and annoying but my friends loved it grin
Tasted It, It Was Extremely Sweet At First Taste.
As I Continued Eating It, I Almost Puked. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by Arabaincubus: 9:59pm On Jan 25, 2022
If it's only in your uncle's compound, its name must be Uncle Fruit.
Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by davidguitar20: 10:00pm On Jan 25, 2022
i dont know the name but its a nice fruit its like yam they use it to prepared pounded yam
Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jan 25, 2022
donofdons:

I no understand bros

1 Like

Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by illicit(m): 10:04pm On Jan 25, 2022
FireUpNow:
Tracking your IP right now. Rule #1: Don't get high on your own supply.Scarface

Are u sure u are not the one that's high now
Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by itslinkin4005(m): 10:05pm On Jan 25, 2022
Younghacka:
This is Circuma tree. That fruits tastes like banana if you leak it.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by mabeni(m): 10:06pm On Jan 25, 2022
element1313:
It’s called sycamore
it's Jack fruit and not syncamore

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Cows Are Offloaded From Vehicles, It Takes Wisdom To Do That / World’s Most Expensive Sheep Auctions At £367,500 / 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.