Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,067 members, 7,810,996 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:19 PM

What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit - Agriculture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit (59370 Views)

HELP In Identifying This Strange Looking Flower / Check Out This Strange-looking Snake / Whats The Name Of This Strange Looking Insect ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by Shalommy(f): 12:11pm On Jan 26, 2022
Fig fruit
Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by CaptainMitch: 12:40pm On Jan 26, 2022
Yes, happy birthday
Twoclans:

In my crib cheesy

Are you coming ?
Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by carbonado(m): 12:57pm On Jan 26, 2022
Twoclans:

In my crib cheesy

Are you coming ?
Happy Birthday to one of the few people i admire on this platform( Twoclans ), more wins, where is the party at now... cool cool

1 Like

Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by FireUpNow(m): 1:32pm On Jan 26, 2022
illicit:

Are u sure u are not the one that's high now
Maybe it's both party that is operating on a higher frequency

1 Like

Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by Heeyanu(f): 1:54pm On Jan 26, 2022
We call it Epa Oyinbo (white man groundnut) because of the seeds which can either be roasted or boiled like the normal groundnut.
The English name is Jackfruit.
Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by Kobojunkie: 2:00pm On Jan 26, 2022
Twoclans:
It's either a sycamore or breadfruit (Ukwa In igbo language).
Ukwa is not sycamore but African breadfruit. TRECULiA Africana
Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by goldfish27(m): 2:05pm On Jan 26, 2022
element1313:
It’s called sycamore

Thats Jackfruit and not sycamore

https://www2.palomar.edu/users/warmstrong/jackfr1.htm
Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by Twoclans(f): 3:20pm On Jan 26, 2022
carbonado:
Happy Birthday to one of the few people i admire on this platform( Twoclans ), more wins, where is the party at now... cool cool

Awwwww

Thanks dear .I appreciate .

1 Like

Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by Twoclans(f): 3:21pm On Jan 26, 2022
CaptainMitch:
Yes, happy birthday

Thanks Chief
Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by whiterat(m): 3:33pm On Jan 26, 2022
Younghacka:
This Is The First Place I Have Seen This Fruit. It's Growing In My Uncle's Compound, Looks Like Sour Chop But It's Fruit And Tree Is Bigger.
Anyone With An Idea Of The Name And What It Tastes Like?

It is called Jackfruit...It all-over East Africa (precisely Kenya and Uganda)
Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by Kfed4ril(m): 4:27pm On Jan 26, 2022
Younghacka:
This Is The First Place I Have Seen This Fruit. It's Growing In My Uncle's Compound, Looks Like Sour Chop But It's Fruit And Tree Is Bigger.

I think it’s sycamore, the one zacheus climbed
Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by IDnoble1: 6:57pm On Jan 26, 2022
JennyOfOldstones:

1) Screenshot or save the image you want to search
2) Open the Google app on your phone, you'll see a camera icon near the microphone icon on the search bar. Click it
3) When you click it, it would open your camera app and you can either take a picture of what you want to search directly or you choose the screenshot or saved image from your files.
4) Upload the picture and it would show you what you're looking for

Some phones have a direct image search function in their camera app so you might not need to open the Google app.
Thanks so much

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by IDnoble1: 6:57pm On Jan 26, 2022
Nbotee:
It's called a Jackfruit... I had to do an image search wen I saw it recently

Some phones come with camera functions that gives options to search an image, scan barcodes and others. But there's a searchbyImage app by Google. Jus snap and allow it do its search
Thanks so much
Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by moneyissues(m): 8:04pm On Jan 26, 2022
Jackfruit has it origin from Indonesia very high in potassium good for those with high blood pressure. Seed can also be roasted or boiled...the flesh is yellowish and delicious at first you might not like the taste but...hmmm. I love thus fruit....one dey my back yard
Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by CaptalnMitch: 2:42am On Jan 28, 2022
donofdons:
It is called Jackfruit. It is very popular in India and other parts of Asia where they use it to make Chakkavaratty.
In Brazil, we call it jack -mole. It is a very good place for hiding drugs from Columbia into brazil and USA. Before being deported to nigeria, I stayed in jail for 8 years after US authorities caught one of our shipment containing cocaine and marijuana so I know this very well. We also boil it in salt water and fry whenever we are spending a long time in Columbia forest preparing cocaine pastes

You are truly the Don of all Don
Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by Bullhari: 9:54pm On Feb 03, 2022
Younghacka:

Sycamore.

That's the name

1 Like

Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by Nobody: 4:18pm On Oct 02, 2022
Onorie:
Looks like a breadfruit but if it has seeds in it, then it's jackfruit

babe i beg how much is it? smiley
Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by graceypetee: 12:18pm On Oct 03, 2022
Starzo:

e don tay I hear that name aswear...I just Burst laff

You must be from South South
Re: What Is The Name Of This Strange Looking Fruit by Starzo: 8:54pm On Oct 03, 2022
graceypetee:

You must be from South South
Confam!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Somebody Poisoned Our Farm. / 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant / How Cows Are Offloaded From Vehicles, It Takes Wisdom To Do That

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.