Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,087 members, 7,818,260 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:22 AM

How To See Your Android Notifications On Your Windows PC - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To See Your Android Notifications On Your Windows PC (223 Views)

How To Pair Airpods To Windows PC / Macbook Easily / How Do I Set Web Push-notifications For My Website? / How To Fix “your Windows License Will Expire Soon” Error On Windows 8? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To See Your Android Notifications On Your Windows PC by Yinksdavid(m): 6:38pm On Jan 25, 2022
Requirements

▪️PC running Windows 10 April 2018 Update or later

▪️Android phone running Android 7.0 Nougat or newer

Step 1: Install 'Your Phone Companion' on the Phone

First, install Microsoft's "Your Phone Companion" app on your Android device. You can download the app from the Play Store.

Step 2: Install 'Your Phone' on the PC

Note: If your computer is running Windows 10 October 2018 Update or newer, this app is already preinstalled, so you can skip this step.

Now, open the Microsoft Store app on your Windows PC and search for "Your Phone." Select the app from the list and choose "Install" to install it on your computer. If you haven't already, you will be prompted to sign in to your Microsoft Account (if you don't have one, you will need to create one).

When you open the app, you'll be asked for a mobile phone number. This isn't necessary, as Microsoft uses it to send a text message to your phone with the link to the Your Phone Companion app's Play Store page, which you should already have installed.

Step 3: Connect Your Phone to Your PC

1. Open the app on your phone and select "Get Started." Choose "Continue" and follow the prompts to provide the necessary permissions.

2. If you are having trouble with the prompts, go to your home screen, open your app drawer, then long-press the Your Phone Companion icon and select either "App Info" or the small "i" icon on the popup. On the next page, select "Permissions," then one by one, enable the "SMS," "Storage," and "Contacts" permissions. Now, open the app again.

3. Choose "OK" on the next prompt inside the app and switch to your PC. Open Your Phone on the computer, then a notification will appear on your phone asking you to "Allow this phone to connect to Your Phone app." Choose "Allow," and your phone and computer are now linked.

Step 4: Enable Notifications

1. On your PC, select "Notifications" in the Your Phone app. Choose "Get Started," then select "Open Settings on phone." You will receive a notification — tap the "Open" button here. Your phone will be redirected to the "Notification access" menu.

2. Find "Your Phone Companion" in the list and enable the toggle. Choose "Allow" on the prompt and use the back gesture (or button) to return to the app. Select the "Open Settings on phone" button on your computer again. The Notification page will now refresh and display any notifications here you receive while the link between your phone and computer remains.

Step 5: Configure Alerts

1. Now that everything is set up, let me show you some of the adjustments you can make to optimize the experience.

2. In the Your Phone app on your PC, open "Settings" and scroll to the bottom of the page to see some of the available options. For now, the main option you'll want to want to play around with is "Choose which apps notify you." Select the down arrow next to it to reveal a list of all the apps on your Android device. Disable the toggle if you don't wish to show notifications from that app on your computer.

Things to Know

While this solution works well, it isn't without limitations. First, you can't access Smart Reply options as you would on your phone

Re: How To See Your Android Notifications On Your Windows PC by Yinksdavid(m): 6:42pm On Jan 25, 2022
Hello Guys, Once again i have been banned from posting on my Computer tips thread https://www.nairaland.com/6949601/computer-tips so i will continue to share my tips on other pages till its restored(Hope so).

I will also like to create a whatsapp group where i can share those tips(Thousands) so if there is anyone interested to join, kindly send an email. Group will be created once i am able to get 50 people.

(1) (Reply)

We Are Recruiting Campus Ambassadors / IJMB Registration / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.