Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,626 members, 7,813,062 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:05 AM

Hanifa Abubakar: I Won't Hesitate To Sign Death Sentence Of Killers - Ganduje - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hanifa Abubakar: I Won't Hesitate To Sign Death Sentence Of Killers - Ganduje (8630 Views)

Atiku Abubakar: I Swear To Almighty God, I Will Restore Security In This Country / Abubakar Shekau Condemns Kano Death Sentence Of Yahaya Sherif Aminu / Titi Abubakar: I Married Atiku Because Of His Integrity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hanifa Abubakar: I Won't Hesitate To Sign Death Sentence Of Killers - Ganduje by Blue3k(m): 8:54pm On Jan 25, 2022
Kano — Governor Abdullahi Umar Ganduje of Kano State yesterday vowed not to hesitate to sign the death sentence for the alleged killer of the five-year-old schoolgirl, Hanifa Abubakar if sentenced to death by the court.

Governor Ganduje's stance came as the First Lady, Aisha Buhari, called for public execution of the school proprietor, Abdulmalik Muhammad Tanko, who kidnapped and murdered his pupil in Kano if convicted by a court.

The governor spoke yesterday during a condolence visit alongside his Deputy, Dr. Nasiru Yusuf Gawuna, Majority Leader, State House of Assembly, Labaran Abdul Madari and other top government functionaries, to the family's residence in Dakata/Kawaji.

Ganduje in a statement by his Chief Press Secretary, Abba Anwar, said "We have good confirmation from the court handling the process that, justice would be done. No stone would be left unturned.

"Whoever is found guilty of this heinous offence will also face death without wasting any time. As a government, we have already started the process. Our constitution provides that, when a death sentence is passed, it is the constitutional power of the governor to assent for the execution of the culprit. I assure you all that, I will not waste even one second."

On the speed of the proceeding, he assured that there would be a speedy dispensation of justice, adding that, the "Government will take good care of the family of our late child, Hanifa of blessed memory."

Meanwhile, the First Lady, Aisha Buhari, called for public execution of the suspect if convicted by the court.

Recall that an Islamic scholar had suggested that Tanko, who was arrested for kidnapping and killing Hanifa Abubakar, a pupil under his care, be executed publicly to serve as a deterrence.

Backing the cleric, Asha Buhari who said in Hausa that "he (the suspect) should be killed just the way he murdered the little girl. And this should be done openly for everyone to see. Let it serve as a deterrent to others."

The First Lady shared a video and captioned in Hausa meaning: "We support Mallam's judgment" and called on the attention of the Inspector-General of Police and Attorney-General of the Federation to the matter.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/01/hanifas-murder-i-wont-hesitate-to-sign-death-sentence-of-killer-if-ganduje/

5 Likes

Re: Hanifa Abubakar: I Won't Hesitate To Sign Death Sentence Of Killers - Ganduje by Blue3k(m): 8:56pm On Jan 25, 2022
Our constitution provides that, when a death sentence is passed, it is the constitutional power of the governor to assent for the execution of the culprit. I assure you all that, I will not waste even one second.

The constitution and its pointless redundancies. That section of the constitution should be deleted. This is the reason why there's a backlog of executions.

Trial judges should simply be tasked with signing off on the execution since they convicted the person after hearing all the evidence. They legislator would simply need to stipulate a time frame when execution date needs to be settled like 90 days after convictions barring any appeals in between. The governor role should simply be pardon or commute sentences.

26 Likes

Re: Hanifa Abubakar: I Won't Hesitate To Sign Death Sentence Of Killers - Ganduje by inoki247: 9:00pm On Jan 25, 2022
Mak the court Convict him Asap...

Dem no need to dey drag this case since the culprit don admit say na him kill her no long thing...

5 Likes

Re: Hanifa Abubakar: I Won't Hesitate To Sign Death Sentence Of Killers - Ganduje by Aidejay(m): 9:05pm On Jan 25, 2022
Ganduje's hand has been itching to sign death warrant since he became governor.
The same thing he said in 2020 that he will sign the death warrant of the singer that they accused of blaspheming their prophet Mohammed, without hesitation.

Now this one.

At least this time the person actually committed a crime that warrants capital punishment aka execution.

6 Likes

Re: Hanifa Abubakar: I Won't Hesitate To Sign Death Sentence Of Killers - Ganduje by Jostoman: 9:05pm On Jan 25, 2022
Ganduje has now turn the issue to a daily job now grin grin

9 Likes

Re: Hanifa Abubakar: I Won't Hesitate To Sign Death Sentence Of Killers - Ganduje by Blue3k(m): 9:07pm On Jan 25, 2022
Aidejay:
Ganduje's hand has been itching to sign death warrant since he became governor.
The same thing he said in 2020 that he will sign the death warrant of the singer that they accused of blaspheming their prophet Mohammed without hesitation.

Now this one.

At least this time the person actually committed a crime that warrants capital punishment aka execution.

No he's just selective about who he wants to kill. He likes attention so he picks high profile stories to comment on. There's death row inmates awaiting execution in Kano he's done nothing about.

4 Likes

Re: Hanifa Abubakar: I Won't Hesitate To Sign Death Sentence Of Killers - Ganduje by LibertyRep: 9:31pm On Jan 25, 2022
Are there other murderers on death row in Kano?

Are there convicted terrorists, kidnappers and bandits in Kano? If yes, Ganduje has a place to start with.

Btw, the culprit deserves all that come his way for that heinous crime.

1 Like

Re: Hanifa Abubakar: I Won't Hesitate To Sign Death Sentence Of Killers - Ganduje by slivertongue: 10:25pm On Jan 25, 2022
Seconded

1 Like

Re: Hanifa Abubakar: I Won't Hesitate To Sign Death Sentence Of Killers - Ganduje by Beremx(f): 10:30pm On Jan 25, 2022
Hisbah should behead the bastard. I support hisbah on this one

3 Likes

Re: Hanifa Abubakar: I Won't Hesitate To Sign Death Sentence Of Killers - Ganduje by chigoziri2403(m): 5:03am On Jan 26, 2022
I concur, also sign the warrants of bandits and killer herdsmen
Re: Hanifa Abubakar: I Won't Hesitate To Sign Death Sentence Of Killers - Ganduje by FERNANDEZISBACK: 5:05am On Jan 26, 2022
Then sign it immediately..
The moment you take someone elses life knowingly for completely no basis (self defense is exempted) you don't deserve to live..

He should be executed in a fearful manner..
Re: Hanifa Abubakar: I Won't Hesitate To Sign Death Sentence Of Killers - Ganduje by Kateland: 5:05am On Jan 26, 2022
cool
Re: Hanifa Abubakar: I Won't Hesitate To Sign Death Sentence Of Killers - Ganduje by Btruth: 5:06am On Jan 26, 2022
Good luck to them
Re: Hanifa Abubakar: I Won't Hesitate To Sign Death Sentence Of Killers - Ganduje by maxtop(m): 5:06am On Jan 26, 2022
Will you keep quiet !!! Y'all been keeping quiet all these while, what stops you from doing so all these while. well, I keep on praying fervently to Allah to let this happened to you and your family .....
Re: Hanifa Abubakar: I Won't Hesitate To Sign Death Sentence Of Killers - Ganduje by Frank150: 5:08am On Jan 26, 2022
I support u for the first time
Re: Hanifa Abubakar: I Won't Hesitate To Sign Death Sentence Of Killers - Ganduje by Nobody: 5:08am On Jan 26, 2022
Sign it already. These people do not deserve to live.
Re: Hanifa Abubakar: I Won't Hesitate To Sign Death Sentence Of Killers - Ganduje by CountVersailles(f): 5:09am On Jan 26, 2022
What's stopping them from treating other criminals the same way?

1 Like

Re: Hanifa Abubakar: I Won't Hesitate To Sign Death Sentence Of Killers - Ganduje by Coolsperm: 5:11am On Jan 26, 2022
Calm down Mr govonor this very little compare to what local Yoruba Muslims miscreants are doing in the SW in terms of skull mining and human parts business
Re: Hanifa Abubakar: I Won't Hesitate To Sign Death Sentence Of Killers - Ganduje by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:11am On Jan 26, 2022
Please do not hesitate.

They deserved the death penalty ASAP.

Prolly before Valentine's Day.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hanifa Abubakar: I Won't Hesitate To Sign Death Sentence Of Killers - Ganduje by Candidlady: 5:13am On Jan 26, 2022
Beremx:
Hisbah should behead the bastard. I support hisbah on this one
Re: Hanifa Abubakar: I Won't Hesitate To Sign Death Sentence Of Killers - Ganduje by emekachief: 5:23am On Jan 26, 2022
I need Facebook account. It must be more than five years old
Re: Hanifa Abubakar: I Won't Hesitate To Sign Death Sentence Of Killers - Ganduje by Lexusgs430: 5:26am On Jan 26, 2022
Let's wait and see ......... How many governor's have signed death warrants?.....

1 Like

Re: Hanifa Abubakar: I Won't Hesitate To Sign Death Sentence Of Killers - Ganduje by Thanos5555: 5:30am On Jan 26, 2022
smiley
Re: Hanifa Abubakar: I Won't Hesitate To Sign Death Sentence Of Killers - Ganduje by Blakpot: 5:32am On Jan 26, 2022
Yh we know. Also include public office holders that accept bribes and embezzle public funds. Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Hanifa Abubakar: I Won't Hesitate To Sign Death Sentence Of Killers - Ganduje by OgunkeelAllMod: 5:32am On Jan 26, 2022
Same way the useless Fulani Gofament (FG) shouldn't waste time in signing death penalty for infernal corrupt public holder like you, Gandollar, and many other criminals parading themselves as leaders angry..hypocrite!

Not saying what that animal of a teacher did is good though. Ought to have been hanged since. But then, this is nigger-area undecided..the more you look...

1 Like

Re: Hanifa Abubakar: I Won't Hesitate To Sign Death Sentence Of Killers - Ganduje by chrisxxx(m): 5:35am On Jan 26, 2022
The parents of that girl should print her pictures and place in strategic points in Kano. I bet you the emotions that will draw from the public will even cause Ganduje to sign it already and leave a space for the culprit name and date.
Re: Hanifa Abubakar: I Won't Hesitate To Sign Death Sentence Of Killers - Ganduje by nnamdi640: 5:37am On Jan 26, 2022
Set of stupid hypocrites. The one which you and your co are doing is equivalent to that crime

1 Like

Re: Hanifa Abubakar: I Won't Hesitate To Sign Death Sentence Of Killers - Ganduje by HonestFriend: 5:42am On Jan 26, 2022
sad
Re: Hanifa Abubakar: I Won't Hesitate To Sign Death Sentence Of Killers - Ganduje by RosyIsBlessed: 5:57am On Jan 26, 2022
Please do.
Re: Hanifa Abubakar: I Won't Hesitate To Sign Death Sentence Of Killers - Ganduje by elpochas: 6:09am On Jan 26, 2022
G
Re: Hanifa Abubakar: I Won't Hesitate To Sign Death Sentence Of Killers - Ganduje by RichDad1(m): 6:10am On Jan 26, 2022
Please do.
Re: Hanifa Abubakar: I Won't Hesitate To Sign Death Sentence Of Killers - Ganduje by Miller232: 6:11am On Jan 26, 2022
Have never supported anything that comes out of that region but on this one oh with my full chest I support
Behead strangle shoot anything just make sure that bastard dies shameful death

This him own case even God don sign him death warrant cos normally in this Nigeria dem no dey carry matter for head like this

(1) (2) (Reply)

Congratulations To The New Kano State Governor / 28,000 Fed Govt Workers To Go / MASSOB Disowns Uwazuruike For Supporting One Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.