Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,615 members, 7,820,182 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:00 AM

Abia: Soldiers Set Trucks Cconveying Illegally Refined Crude Oil On Fire - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Abia: Soldiers Set Trucks Cconveying Illegally Refined Crude Oil On Fire (17744 Views)

Lady Pours Hot Cooking Oil On Man Over N100 In Adamawa / UGM Set Trucks Conveying Goods Worth Over ₦500m Ablaze In Anambra / Man Pours Hot Boiling Oil On His Wife In Nasarawa State(graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abia: Soldiers Set Trucks Cconveying Illegally Refined Crude Oil On Fire by timtunday: 7:38am On Jan 26, 2022
Soldiers attached to 144 Battalion of the 14 Brigade of Nigeria Army in Ohafia, Abia State, have destroyed at least six vehicles conveying illegally refined crude oil.

According to SaharaReporters, a military source revealed that the vehicles were intercepted at three locations within Owaza community in Ukwa West Local Government Area and along the Enugu-Aba-Port Harcourt Expressway by soldiers on routine patrol.

The military sources said the trucks were destroyed after the drivers abandoned them and ran into the bush on sighting soldiers on patrol.

“The patrol team from 144 Battalion who were on patrol within their AOR stumbled on a group of persons who were moving illegally refined crude oil from dumpsite on sighting the patrol team, abandoned their vehicle and ran into a nearby bush.

“The six vehicles were intercepted along Enugu-Aba-Port Harcourt Expressway as the drivers had abandoned them to run into the bush.

“The 144 Battalion team also intercepted a white, shy blue Toyota bus loaded with illegally refined product in Owaza, Ukwa West LGA on January 22 during a patrol after the driver on sighting the troop abandoned the vehicle and ran into the bush.

“A white and red coloured Toyota bus loaded with the illegally refined product was intercepted by the patrol team on the same day at about 9:20 pm in Owaza, Ukwa West LGA.

“The vehicles were moved to a dumpsite where they were set ablaze by the team as there were no suspects to prosecute along with the intercepted vehicles,” the source
added.http://saharareporters.com/2022/01/25/soldiers-set-trucks-conveying-illegal-products-abia-fire

3 Likes

Re: Abia: Soldiers Set Trucks Cconveying Illegally Refined Crude Oil On Fire by Nobody: 7:46am On Jan 26, 2022
I don't want to say the crude oil was removed by the soldiers to be resold later before the vehicles were burnt, but I'm forced to.

106 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Abia: Soldiers Set Trucks Cconveying Illegally Refined Crude Oil On Fire by inoki247: 7:46am On Jan 26, 2022
D smuggler no corporate

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia: Soldiers Set Trucks Cconveying Illegally Refined Crude Oil On Fire by Nobody: 7:46am On Jan 26, 2022
FTC
Re: Abia: Soldiers Set Trucks Cconveying Illegally Refined Crude Oil On Fire by Mopolchi: 7:46am On Jan 26, 2022
Soot will now start in Abia state

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abia: Soldiers Set Trucks Cconveying Illegally Refined Crude Oil On Fire by chamboy(m): 7:46am On Jan 26, 2022
Please no Tribalism. Crime know no tribe

3 Likes

Before you chant 'waste'..illicit fuel is not 'refined to standard fuel'

So, selling it to Nigerians is a nice way of having your generators, and car engines damaged for posterity.

12 Likes

Re: Abia: Soldiers Set Trucks Cconveying Illegally Refined Crude Oil On Fire by PHIPEX(m): 7:47am On Jan 26, 2022
So setting it on fire is the best response? We are so fast to destroy but will hardly build anything good.

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Abia: Soldiers Set Trucks Cconveying Illegally Refined Crude Oil On Fire by RichDad1(m): 7:47am On Jan 26, 2022
Good job.
Re: Abia: Soldiers Set Trucks Cconveying Illegally Refined Crude Oil On Fire by nairaman66(m): 7:47am On Jan 26, 2022
Seems personal to me!! Why would those trucks be burnt on site without sincere investigation?

The Nigerian army has completely turned into a jack of all trades agency!

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia: Soldiers Set Trucks Cconveying Illegally Refined Crude Oil On Fire by 0taPiaPia(m): 7:47am On Jan 26, 2022
Hope it was done in a safe location
Re: Abia: Soldiers Set Trucks Cconveying Illegally Refined Crude Oil On Fire by jullary(m): 7:47am On Jan 26, 2022
Hope it's true, but if it's true kudos.

3 Likes

Re: Abia: Soldiers Set Trucks Cconveying Illegally Refined Crude Oil On Fire by richie240: 7:48am On Jan 26, 2022
Good!
Re: Abia: Soldiers Set Trucks Cconveying Illegally Refined Crude Oil On Fire by emekachief: 7:48am On Jan 26, 2022
I need a Facebook account. It must be more than five years old
Re: Abia: Soldiers Set Trucks Cconveying Illegally Refined Crude Oil On Fire by Thaheer(m): 7:48am On Jan 26, 2022
How did the culprits get access to unrefined crude?. Where was it refined?. Who was suppose to take delivery of these poorly refined product?.
We are not just serious in this country. This might be just one of the numerous delivery agents for that day and others might have reached a filling station or black markets most likely.
MoIbrahim:
Destroying evidence instead of tracibg and publicising the real owners of the business
Exactly my thoughts

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia: Soldiers Set Trucks Cconveying Illegally Refined Crude Oil On Fire by dchamp234(m): 7:49am On Jan 26, 2022
Jobless soldiers, why didn't they burn down simbasa forest.

5 Likes

Re: Abia: Soldiers Set Trucks Cconveying Illegally Refined Crude Oil On Fire by Bedtec: 7:49am On Jan 26, 2022
Oil weh them sell finish come post fake news

4 Likes

Re: Abia: Soldiers Set Trucks Cconveying Illegally Refined Crude Oil On Fire by BrickDevo: 7:49am On Jan 26, 2022
Still in the business of providing affordable housing

1 Like

Re: Abia: Soldiers Set Trucks Cconveying Illegally Refined Crude Oil On Fire by twilliamx(m): 7:49am On Jan 26, 2022
Faller:
I don't want to say the crude oil was removed by the soldiers to be resold later before the vehicles were burnt, but I'm forced to.

To cover up evidence...who made them a judge anyway? You are meant to arrest and handover the suspects and exhibits to the police. This country is just whack and there is no sign of it getting better...

6 Likes

Re: Abia: Soldiers Set Trucks Cconveying Illegally Refined Crude Oil On Fire by ITbomb(m): 7:49am On Jan 26, 2022
Very barbaric people
What about the environmental effects
Can't they trace the owners and bring them to justice
Are soldiers even suppose to be chasing tankers?

1 Like

Re: Abia: Soldiers Set Trucks Cconveying Illegally Refined Crude Oil On Fire by sukkot: 7:49am On Jan 26, 2022
angry trouble no dey finish for naija
Re: Abia: Soldiers Set Trucks Cconveying Illegally Refined Crude Oil On Fire by Brian47(m): 7:50am On Jan 26, 2022
Why would you set fire on petroleum products for God sake.
Confescate it na then refine it well and sell it.

1 Like

Re: Abia: Soldiers Set Trucks Cconveying Illegally Refined Crude Oil On Fire by Artbydris(m): 7:50am On Jan 26, 2022
It is in Nigeria that the army takes law into their hands. They burn houses of suspects too, destroying every evidence with it. Doesn't make any sense. Unprofessionalism and Nigeria are like 5&6.
Re: Abia: Soldiers Set Trucks Cconveying Illegally Refined Crude Oil On Fire by GboyegaD(m): 7:51am On Jan 26, 2022
Whatever happened to arresting and prosecuting them, I don't know. These guys keep acting like some gods.
Re: Abia: Soldiers Set Trucks Cconveying Illegally Refined Crude Oil On Fire by Urbanchampion: 7:51am On Jan 26, 2022
Faller:

If that was the case, ( you may be lying though) it is still a nice one.
Re: Abia: Soldiers Set Trucks Cconveying Illegally Refined Crude Oil On Fire by Nicenixon: 7:52am On Jan 26, 2022
Faller:

Lol!!! You be guy man
Re: Abia: Soldiers Set Trucks Cconveying Illegally Refined Crude Oil On Fire by mrvitalis(m): 7:53am On Jan 26, 2022
I knew that news of abia being safe pained some people we expected this tho

But they should not play with ABA boys ooh for their own good
Re: Abia: Soldiers Set Trucks Cconveying Illegally Refined Crude Oil On Fire by Lovenorth: 7:53am On Jan 26, 2022
Good job, keep it up!

1 Like

Re: Abia: Soldiers Set Trucks Cconveying Illegally Refined Crude Oil On Fire by MoIbrahim: 7:54am On Jan 26, 2022
Destroying evidence instead of tracibg and publicising the real owners of the business
Re: Abia: Soldiers Set Trucks Cconveying Illegally Refined Crude Oil On Fire by Boyooosa(m): 7:54am On Jan 26, 2022
Now, something is missen.

Suspects left crude oil and ran away

Soldiers instead of keeping evidence safe for prosection, they set it ablaze.

It's either sense is missing or the report is incomplete...

I even suspect the 'ablaze' part set in after the product is gone..I come in peace!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Suspect Runs Out Of Lagos Police Station - Man Shares Experience With Police / UNIPORT 4: Policeman Joined In The Beating / Policeman Kills Okada Rider In Benue State, Residents Go On Rampage (Graphic Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.