Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,124 members, 7,818,370 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (166) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (909386 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Halyshia: 4:59pm On Mar 01, 2022
Please can anyone recommend good and affordable hotel to lodge in around qlife family clinic, want to go for my medicals and I’m outside Lagos. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by msttolusola(m): 5:20pm On Mar 01, 2022
Can I apply for msc with 2.2
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Anon123: 5:22pm On Mar 01, 2022
msttolusola:
Can I apply for msc with 2.2

The chances of meeting the admission requirements is low.

A PGD is your best bet
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by BeejayB: 5:46pm On Mar 01, 2022
Good evening…

Please is there anyone resuming to SAIT for Spring term?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by larryrichie: 5:54pm On Mar 01, 2022
Good evening everyone in the house..

Sometime in November I was refused a student visa, so I ordered my GCMS NOTE and it has just arrived, I would like to get help from anybody and the gurus on the house to please help go through this so I can understand the main reason my visa was refused.

Am self sponsored with 2 bank accounts. GTBANK and ECO BANK. available funds is 30k CAD

Please advise any one in the house
@Frankrobbn1 @Justmellow @Adiekwe1@Lekiboboe @NairaLuck @justwise @Akannitommy and other gurus, please advice.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Mancini737: 5:59pm On Mar 01, 2022
Please guys am looking for a WhatsApp or Telegram group for College of New Caledonia CNC.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Jbrighto: 6:09pm On Mar 01, 2022
kennykentipsy:
Hello please can anyone help with accommodation near Conestoga college Waterloo campus?.
Try kajiji.ca
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Toceenay(m): 6:10pm On Mar 01, 2022
larryrichie:

Sometime in November I was refused a student visa, so I ordered my GCMS NOTE and it has just arrived, I would like to get help from anybody and the gurus on the house to please help go through this so I can understand the main reason my visa was refused.

Am self sponsored with 2 bank accounts. GTBANK and ECO BANK. available funds is 30k CAD

Your pre assessment note has shown where the issue is... You didn't submit evidence of business ownership as a self sponsor, so the VO was not convinced that the money would be available.

It seems your program is a year, and with 30k CAD you mentioned, it should be reasonably enough for tuition and living expenses, although the more, the better, but you need to submit documents to show that your business and source of income is legit, as a self-sponsor. After that, right a well detailed LOE explaining how you run your business and use it even as a home tie to show you'll come back home. Every info about your business should be backup with documents.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Omiinii: 6:29pm On Mar 01, 2022
They have concerns and rightfully so as you didn't provide proof of business ownership.i don't think there's anything cryptic there again and your assessment confimed that as the officer said he/she has concerns with your source of funds. Although the assessment is broiler-plate. It's kind of valid as you actually didn't submit your CAC
larryrichie:

Please advise any one in the house
@Frankrobbn1 @Justmellow @Adiekwe1@Lekiboboe @NairaLuck @justwise @Akannitommy and other gurus, please advice.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by kokoromaster9: 6:36pm On Mar 01, 2022
buchito1:
With faith, I am booking my PPR alert space

Fresh page, Fresh testimonies. Amen

What God cannot do does not and can never exist!!!

My PPR must drop before the end of next month! ✍️

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

AFTER 2DAYS of posting this grin grin grin grin

LONGGGGGG POST ALERT!!!

Guys I really do not know where to start from!
I'm short of words. God's just too good to fail.
I'm still in shock cause I can't really fathom why my application was this quick or why I was just favoured, but I give God all the glory! For he alone is to be praised!

I've been following this thread for about 4yrs now. Just observing with no plans to submit my application. Was just here for the information basically, and to read people's process (which I enjoyed doing) didn't even know I'd eventually apply.

Time came for me to apply, I was scared to the Bone! I was scared to doing it myself! My sponsor (brother) literally begged me to look for an Agent to handle my application, I was skeptical at first, but I succumbed cause I didn't want any issue or stories that touch.

I contacted an agent on this platform, he charged me 150K for admission and 250K for Visa. My sponsor agreed to pay for the first stage (admission). Las las I eventually paid 190K for only admission!!! Only school admission ohhh!!!

Then it was time for Visa Application, and I was told Visa Fee has increased to 300K. And I was like hell No!!! I no go school? Am I daft? No! I can do this shi# myself. 300K no be 300 naira.

That's how it began, took a leap of faith and decided to do and handle my Visa Process myself, and God blessed me with the GOLDEN Mail (PPR)! Guys please do this stuff yourself!
You can do it! Yes YOU! You can!
There's nobody else that cares about your application than you! You don't need any agents NAIRALAND is the real deal! NAIRALAND taught me everything I know and used to get my Approval.

I'm a FIRST TIME APPLICANT, my timeline goes thus, I used the NEW PORTAL,

Upfront Medicals - 22nd November 2021
Application Submitted - 29th November 2021
Biometrics Completed - 3rd December 2021 (updated same day)
Upfront Medicals Updated - 6th December 2021
Then the wait........................^_^
Eligibility Review Started - 25th January 2022
Then a good man, a blessing, friend turned brother, a brother from another mother, Teemenzo (God bless you for me brother, he has always been with me from the beginning of my application) adviced me to send a mail to Abuja which I did, I eventually, reluctantly sent to everybody (London, Nairobi, Lagos, Abuja) yesterday, 26th of January just to disturb then. Lo and behold, today,
Correspondence Letter and PPR letter - 27th January 2022
(Basically my application took 1 month and 28days)

DOCUMENTS Submitted (APPLICANT) -
SOP
International Passport
Receipt First Semester Tution Deposit (7900 CAD)

Letter Of Acceptance
Gift Deed (Notarized)
Screenshot of Gift Deed
My Bank Statement 7 months. (I formerly had 1.6M in my account , with extra 4M as Gift Deed making it 5.6M I had in my account as at time of submission.)
Transcript
BSC Certificate
Police Certificate
NYSC Certificate
Reference Letter from Bank
Affidavit of Return (Notarized)
Local Government Identification Letter
Parents and Siblings and My Birth Certificates
Reference Letter from my PPA during service
WAEC Result
Covid-19 Vaccination Card
Pictures of me and Sponsor. Pictures of me and Sponsor with my family. (Both new and old)
Upfront Medical Slip
Driver's Licence
NIN Slip

SPONSORSHIP DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED -
MBS Company Account (6 MONTHS)
CAC
Registration of Business Name
Certificate of Identification Number
Sponsorship Letter (Notarized)
Affidavit of Sponsorship (Notarized)
Reference Letter from Bank
Birth Certificate
NIN Slip
Driver's Licence
International Passport
Landed Property's, (Sponsor has like 5 Landed property. Submitted all and their Deed of conveyance
Business ID Card
Invoices, Tellers, Receipts, of Business.

In all, it's been God. God did it for me. And he'll do it for everyone here. Cause he knows why we're here and what we're looking for.
I'd also like to use this medium to appreciate Teemenzo and EyinjuGod. God bless you guys again for everything. You were with me from the start to the end. I'm rooting for you both. My prayers aren't complete yet, till y'all get your PPR's

I also want to appreciate Makano for the series of questions of mine he answered. God bless you boss. Ketima, thank you for always assisting and encouraging everyone. You actually encouraged me to do this myself and I appreciate, Scotisshh (dunno if I got the spelling correctly) your testimony dey come. Lianna aka Rela, thank you for your encouraging email replies.
I also want to thank you all, my fellow Nairalanders for the congratulatory messages and mentions.

If I decide to reply all mentions, I might fill up 5pages of this new thread. God bless you all. I'd also be here to congratulate y'all when your turn comes. All of us go enter this Canada! That's for sure! smiley

BTW, I'm for University Canada West, April intake.
Going for MBA Business Administration. I'm open to connecting with my fellow UCW students or anyone going to Vancouver by April.

Make i stop here. Story don too plenty! grin
Thank you again guys. God bless us all.!

Also for UCW can we chat bro? Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by WiZiggy: 6:48pm On Mar 01, 2022
I also have this issue,... So to avoid lumpsum deposit in my bank account, I have left my funds in an investment institution (cowrywise) hoping to present a statement of account alongside my commercial bank account statement. Any better way to avoid refusal based on POF?
technix:
If possible, I would advise you move the money to a commercial bank account and submit the statements of both accounts.

I have read about people who used MFB and got their applications approved. I have also read from someone who said, according to his GCMS note, the VO rejected his application because the statement of account from the MFB was badly typed (different fonts were mixed up).

And if you decide to use MFB statement 'alone' eventually, be sure it is a reputable one.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by zxxtx: 7:00pm On Mar 01, 2022
BeejayB:
Good evening…

Please is there anyone resuming to SAIT for Spring term?

Fall and still waiting on the lord for visa
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Jacklens: 7:04pm On Mar 01, 2022
Advice needed:
1. Can someone get police clearance certificate same day, in Lagos?
2. Do someone needs to book appointment with the police before appearance for the clearance certificate?
3. Can someone do medicals before filling Visa application form online?
4. When is the correct time to book for Biometrics?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by samuelcrestor: 7:13pm On Mar 01, 2022
Good evening everyone,
Please is there any Jan 12 applicant who used GCkey on here?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teekay20: 7:25pm On Mar 01, 2022
1. Yes, you are to get the police clearance form the same day. Max 30 min to 1 hour wait.
2. You don't need any appointment before getting one, you just need to call someone who works there. I changed my phone so I no longer have the number of the lady who did mine but you can ask from anyone on here.
3. Yes, you can book for an upfront medicals even before filling your application.
For Qlife https://www.qlifefamilyclinic.com/cim-terms-and-conditions
For IOM https://mymedical.iom.int/apps/omas/#_frmHome
4. After your visa application, you will get an email from IRCC requesting for your Biometric. So you book for one.
Jacklens:
Advice needed:
1. Can someone get police clearance certificate same day, in Lagos?
2. Do someone needs to book appointment with the police before appearance for the clearance certificate?
3. Can someone do medicals before filling Visa application form online?
4. When is the correct time to book for Biometrics?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by KellyKk: 7:36pm On Mar 01, 2022
Just one ppr since yesterday, IRCC una no show love ooo

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by skull4eva: 7:52pm On Mar 01, 2022
Lekiboboe:

You are welcome Chief. Am fine, we bless jah, yeah quite a while, trust you are doing great aswell?
Am fine ooo. Enjoying the extremely cold winter
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by obaalasepe: 7:53pm On Mar 01, 2022
pufframmy:
congrat bro canada will favour you can u help with schools without IELTS u applied for thanks bro

I will also testify. Congratulations once again.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Menaluv: 7:53pm On Mar 01, 2022
I'm telling you

KellyKk:
Just one ppr since yesterday, IRCC una no show love ooo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by BeejayB: 8:01pm On Mar 01, 2022
zxxtx:

Fall and still waiting on the lord for visa

I pray it comes soon.. All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by obaalasepe: 8:07pm On Mar 01, 2022
Anifowoshehabee:

Please how did you obtained your student loan? Cos i am also in need of it and i wuldnt mind if you put me tru…my mail or maybe you text me your whatsapp num tru my mail and lets catch up their please…olaitanhabeeb2@gmail.com

You browse Mpower finance
When you browse you will get all the information on the website.
You will put your data to know your eligibility.
Pick any Canadian school on their website.
Apply to the school.
Then send your offer letter to their organisation.
Remember, they don't give cash.
Fund will be disburse to your school.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by obaalasepe: 8:12pm On Mar 01, 2022
Predator188:

That was only based on assumption ...
However From what I have seen here/nairaland. .
Those with good travel history to some countries in (M5) and have studied their...
To the VO it seems like travel to this countries outweighs the choice of program and level of study.. even when previous study and experience does not relate to choice of program...application is approved! If other eligibility is met
For applicants that has not travelled before where previous study/experience does not relate to choice of program application can be refused instantly...
This brings me to the conclusion that choice of program is only used to checkmate applicants who want to flee the country from developing countries...by the VO
Hmmm
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 8:19pm On Mar 01, 2022
obaalasepe:

You browse Mpower finance
When you browse you will get all the information on the website.
You will put your data to know your eligibility.
Pick any Canadian school on their website.
Apply to the school.
Then send your offer letter to their organisation.
Remember, they don't give cash.
Fund will be disburse to your school.
just a question please you used Mpower to get a loan for what type of degree
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by TittyLover: 8:21pm On Mar 01, 2022
Did my biometrics in nov 24 th 2021 and medical request updated to pass on 17th

How long does it take to get ppr?

Can I still be rejected after medical request?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 8:27pm On Mar 01, 2022
TittyLover:
Did my biometrics in nov 24 th 2021 and medical request updated to pass on 17th

How long does it take to get ppr?

Can I still be rejected after medical request?
very unusual so just be hopeful PPR is going to drop soon
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Trailblazer21: 8:42pm On Mar 01, 2022
Please is there anyone here that can help with getting GCMS note?

And what does this really mean, I explained that my visa was extended even after graduation that’s why I decided to apply from the country I’m currently in.

Also, I just graduated in August, what do they mean by current employment situation?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Sapte(f): 8:42pm On Mar 01, 2022
I used a micro finance bank account and got PPR

FAVANA:
Good morning all,

Please can a micr finance bank be used for proof of funds?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chiziteremary: 8:47pm On Mar 01, 2022
You can contact any estate surveyor in your locality. thats their work

matthew080:
Hello pls how can I value a house and get certificate for it pls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by KellyKk: 8:52pm On Mar 01, 2022
Trailblazer21:
Please is there anyone here that can help with getting GCMS note?

And what does this really mean, I explained that my visa was extended even after graduation that’s why I decided to apply from the country I’m currently in.

Also, I just graduated in August, what do they mean by current employment situation?
Omo this VO no get joy oooooo, only you with all these reasons
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by kennykentipsy: 8:57pm On Mar 01, 2022
All the lease he's seeing is starting in April/may he's currently staying in Airbnb which is too expensive
Jbrighto:

Try kajiji.ca
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by kennyjoy(m): 9:04pm On Mar 01, 2022
matthew080:
Hello pls how can I value a house and get certificate for it pls

I can link you up with an Estate Valuer if you stay around Opebi Ikeja.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by kennyjoy(m): 9:06pm On Mar 01, 2022
Lekiboboe:

Big Congratulations to you chief. Go and do great exploits

Thanks boss.

(1) (2) (3) ... (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) ... (920)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.