Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,820 members, 7,831,674 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (198) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (921371 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 3:26pm On Mar 08, 2022
Maybe this can clarify why some gets Eligibility update faster than others

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lotathebaby: 3:32pm On Mar 08, 2022
adventurez:
Hi there,

I want to study in Canada, am 34 do I still have a chance?

I believe that age is not a barrier. I’ve seen a candidate of about 50 years on one of these threads. You have a chance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by adventurez: 3:43pm On Mar 08, 2022
Lotathebaby:

I believe that age is not a barrier. I’ve seen a candidate of about 50 years on one of these threads. You have a chance

God bless you.

How do I start?

What do I do first?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 3:53pm On Mar 08, 2022
Legacyedition:
Ara Adugbo.

Landing gist done start o

My class is starting in May. Getting accommodations in my province is a big job. I called CBSA in early February to confirm when I can come to Canada, they said anytime since my application is approved, I asked about the 4 weeks before start of class rule, they said its no more in force. But how do I explain to airline in Lagos like this?.

Saturday, 5th March. I decided to move. Drove down to Agege to buy traveling bag.. 8k.. lolz.

I wanted to go and declare for Agric cos of garri, the officer said no need unless I Wan do shara money. I went to eat rice and beans till 5:30pm when British air started boarding.

The woman check my documents

Arrive can
Covid pcr test
Loa
Enrollment letter
Passport
Letter of introduction
Passport request
Admission Letter

, I dey discouraged, why all this old women nah. Una no get those fine babes wey emirate and Qatar airline dey use. This thing no rhyme at all wink, after I paid 494k to flight wey turkey dey 280k when I booked.

Voila, we done dey inside plane. 11:15 . We moved.

End of Lagos part.

Image:

1 Idogwu sneakers

2 immigration

3 flight

4 Lagos sky. Bye bye to Lagos

Very funny Gist.
�� grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Iamgrac: 3:55pm On Mar 08, 2022
Good afternoon everyone,

My niece has no one in Canada and she's still a minor, can anyone please be of any help to us by standing as her custodian or better still refer me to people that can come to my aid.
I don't mind if I'll have to pay.
The person that we were hoping on already disappointed us.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lotathebaby: 3:55pm On Mar 08, 2022
adventurez:

God bless you.

How do I start?

What do I do first?

You can start by thinking of the course you want to study, then start searching for schools. When you’ve gotten the admission, you can start the visa process. You can ask questions here on the thread if you have any difficulties. There are nice people here that are willing to help.

Goodluck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by chuksnoris: 3:59pm On Mar 08, 2022
hello guys, pls can 2 sittings olevel results be accepted for masters visa application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 4:00pm On Mar 08, 2022
Legacyedition:
At Heathrow Airport. My layover is about 12-13 hours. Many of us wey come, nah jjc we buy. We just dey Waka everywhere. They find where we go board next flight. We no see anybody to direct us. Fine beautiful place. But no one to direct. Naxo we just hear one loud voice lolz. Behold the voice of underground train, I think it's self driving. He begin dey call passengers, kinikan kinikan. Naxo we

We komot around 5:30 pm

1. Where we dey find flight schedule

2: person wey massage us abi nah monsuru, masseur all join grin

3 me and me

4. Odogwu done wia suit. I no own person money, nah my face be that

Part 2: This is reality

London to Canada flight

What happened, why I arrived early. Did I get study permit or just visiting visa?. Questions asked

Why my hotel in Canada bounce me. Hotel wey I book for over 3 weeks.

Why I wasn't allowed by over 8 hotels.

Where I slept with brutal cold

How canine departments took my bag.

Bank account opening. Etc.

I will post this during the day with pictures. It's 2am here. Body need rest

You be clown guy.��
You really made sure you enjoyed every bit of your journey.
See fwesh boi grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by oloyede1(m): 4:08pm On Mar 08, 2022
I studied Biochemistry during my undergraduate degree.

Is it possible to change my course to something Like Business Administration & Management?

If yes, would I apply for a BSC or Master Program?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lekiboboe: 4:09pm On Mar 08, 2022
adventurez:

God bless you.

How do I start?

What do I do first?

Your Response to the questions below would enable you get a response on the type of program, program qualification you can/should go for

- what did you study in the university/Polytechnic ?

- What year did you graduate ? (to address study gap)

- 2.1 or 2.2 or 3rd Class (University) or Higher or Lower Credit (Polytechnic)?

- Do you have a job? If yes, what is the name of your Job, and what are your Job duties? (to know if your Job is related to your Degree)

- How many years work experience do you have in that Job?

- Is your Job related to what you studied in the University?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lekiboboe: 4:10pm On Mar 08, 2022
oloyede1:
I studied Biochemistry during my undergraduate degree.

Is it possible to change my course to something Like Business Administration & Management?

If yes, would I apply for a BSC or Master Program?
Do you have work experience in Business Administration & Management or related field?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Predator188: 4:24pm On Mar 08, 2022
Ayomidesss:
Good morning all.

My SOWP application was rejected last month...so sad after 6 month of waiting. I applied for GCMS notes and got this reply.

Gurus in the house, please assist. I'm missing my husband.

Thanks.

Reason VO.. claimed that you are highly motivated in refusal is that husband arrived on 2021 July 4 in canada..you are already making an application for sowp in last 6 months..that should be around September 2021..that was 2 months later,after your husband arrived in canada...in that case sowp should be added on application! In the first place..

You can't claim you missed your husband at that time or any other reason for sowp and application was made for sp indicating non accompanying family ....

you need tie to country of origin..

After a long period of not seeing husband..
Your claim for missing your husband or other reason may be valid...

They also refused you on purpose of visit!
Aside from accompanying family member work is also purpose of visit on sowp
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by thaiwo1234: 4:32pm On Mar 08, 2022
Iamgrac:
Good afternoon everyone,

My niece has no one in Canada and she's still a minor, can anyone please be of any help to us by standing as her custodian or better still refer me to people that can come to my aid.
I don't mind if I'll have to pay.
The person that we were hoping on already disappointed us.

What part of Canada ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by technix: 4:36pm On Mar 08, 2022
Hi,

You don't need your O'level results for visa application for master's studies (especially if you completed your high school more than 10 years ago). Your BSc certificate is fine.

chuksnoris:
hello guys, pls can 2 sittings olevel results be accepted for masters visa application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Topmc: 4:37pm On Mar 08, 2022
Please advice......
I was tring to book medical appointment at qlife, I realised no slots available for the month of March. My resumption is April 24. My last medical form expired February 27 although I submitted my re application on February 20. I'm yet see medical pass on my new ircc portal that's why I'm worried to do new medical exams.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Taiyejenny(f): 4:39pm On Mar 08, 2022
b4biodun:
Please, I urgently need help
My LOA was sent towards the end of Feb and I'm expected to resume by spring 2022. Submitted the Form A for payment since Fe. 24th and I'm yet to get an approval.
Presently, I'm so confused on what to do next.
I'm a first timer, could you pls put me through.

Thanks in anticipation.

Go to your bank headquarters,that was what I did after waiting… I was debited the day I went to the headquarters
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Abby212: 4:39pm On Mar 08, 2022
What a relief!! Thanks
Omiinii:

You should enumerate all the hometies you have. Don't just make assertive statements like "My family will never come to Canada. I must go back home to see my children and spouse. I am just here to study and that's all" obviously a statement will like this helps case. But not your family. At the same time you don't say my family will visit me sometime after I get my visa. Just state that family is a staunch reason to come back to nigeria, talk about why and the importance of your irrefutable bond. It's not like they'll take your word for it or anything. But you making definitive statements like " will never come to Canada". You've already confirmed no matter what you don't plan on seeing them in Canada.

But even beyond that this applicant case is different because he has other family members in Canada and the overall feel of the application screams "JAPA". And probably the SOP wasn't well structured. People have gone with families. But you need to do the right things and make sure your application is airtight. Make the Officer know:
1.)Why do you want to reunite with your spouse?
2.)Why go now?
3.)What are the reasons that would make you return?
4.)Do you seem established in your home country that life in Canada doesn't seem like greener pastures?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Gift212: 4:43pm On Mar 08, 2022
Page 1 is a good place to start and google. Find a course and school you'd like, apply, get your letter of acceptance and begin the visa process.
adventurez:

God bless you.

How do I start?

What do I do first?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by b4biodun(f): 4:44pm On Mar 08, 2022
Thank you for your response.
Do you mean CBN or First bank HQ

Taiyejenny:

Go to your bank headquarters,that was what I did after waiting… I was debited the day I went to the headquarters
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Anon123: 4:48pm On Mar 08, 2022
adventurez:
Hi there,

I want to study in Canada, am 34 do I still have a chance?

YES... SOMEONE OF 50YRS WAS APPROVED HERE
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Gift212: 4:49pm On Mar 08, 2022
Your medical has expired, it cant be "passed" again. If you want upfront medical you might have to find a way to contact either hospital to ask for a date(google for email and number). Or if you can go there in person
Topmc:
Please advice......
I was tring to book medical appointment at qlife, I realised no slots available for the month of March. My resumption is April 24. My last medical form expired February 27 although I submitted my re application on February 20. I'm yet see medical pass on my new ircc portal that's why I'm worried to do new medical exams.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Anon123: 4:49pm On Mar 08, 2022
MARINA49:
He hasn't done medicals yet

Lets wait and see but i am of the opinion a decision has been made in his app(most likely a denial)

But as far as study permit is concerned, any is possible.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Iykevirgo: 4:57pm On Mar 08, 2022
Hi Everyone,

I have a sponsor that would pay my tuition fee for Spring. And I already have deed of gift for living expenses from same person.

Also, I have a loan to cover my tuition fee for Spring.

Another loan to cover the tuition fee for the rest of the program, i.e for Fall/Winter.

Pls guys, what would be the best option to providing a convincing proof of funds?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ItzRay(m): 4:58pm On Mar 08, 2022
Lol
This is interesting and funny...may Canada favour you, congratulations once more.
I'll post my landing gist soon by God's grace...amen!

Legacyedition:
Ara Adugbo.

Landing gist done start o

My class is starting in May. Getting accommodations in my province is a big job. I called CBSA in early February to confirm when I can come to Canada, they said anytime since my application is approved, I asked about the 4 weeks before start of class rule, they said its no more in force. But how do I explain to airline in Lagos like this?.

Saturday, 5th March. I decided to move. Drove down to Agege to buy traveling bag.. 8k.. lolz.

Packed my clothes, bought a paint of garri. I am all set. Uber, where art though, 4pm on dot, we got to airport with my entourage. The officer refused my encourage access unless I showed love, I said baba, cctv dey look us nah, he say I never ready, I proceeded to NDLEA and dey said I should bring my bag just for eye service male dem no talk say dem no dey work. He asked for my people, I told him they weren't allowed in, another officer told me to show love and went to bring in my 3 leggedish convoy grin .

I wanted to go and declare for Agric cos of garri, the officer said no need unless I Wan do shara money. I went to eat rice and beans till 5:30pm when British air started boarding.

The woman check my documents

Arrive can
Covid pcr test
Loa
Enrollment letter
Passport
Letter of introduction
Passport request
Admission Letter

Naxo the woman talk say e remain one thing one thing, that one approval of study permit like certificate is not there, I said I am going for the first time nah, abi which kind wahala be this, she said there's another Letter that was sent to Me after approval, I told her it's Letter of introduction and that's it with you. She said no, I login to my porter, I showed her there's no other Letter aside those with her. She said Oga uwan dey reach me my work? No be today students dey carry am pass here as uno get am your documents no complete be that. At this point, I said madam, you are correct, na your job true true. I just close my mouth dey look her like lookman cheesy angry.

She sha clear me, I went to get my boarding pass, dem weigh my 2 boxes. Wetin I get before, grin. Eno fit pass 23kg. Lolz .

Oya, wrapper, abeg wrap this Agege bag wey dey go Canada edakun, male dem no see say nah fake bag. Paid 2k for this.

Boarding pass issued, got yellow card somewhere for currency declaration too. By 7pm, I went to tell my entourage bye bye. Got to immigration, I did finger prints, asked me some questions wey dey obvious, wetin uwan go do for Canada, etc. I left and proceeded to customs, my handbag was checked, my usd was also checked , then proceeded to waiting hall for boarding. The heat here too much. Socket no dey work. Oyinbo off shirts cheesy . Frequent flyers carry handfan and abebe come grin . We waited here till 10:30pm before this people started boarding 11:15pm flight. As air hostess dey pass, omo, I dey discouraged, why all this old women nah. Una no get those fine babes wey emirate and Qatar airline dey use. This thing no rhyme at all wink, after I paid 494k to flight wey turkey dey 280k when I booked.

Voila, we done dey inside plane. 11:15 . We moved.

End of Lagos part.

Image:

1 Idogwu sneakers

2 immigration

3 flight

4 Lagos sky. Bye bye to Lagos

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ItzRay(m): 5:03pm On Mar 08, 2022
Wait what?? shocked
You mean your $15,000cad tuition abi na $1,500cad wasn't refunded by your school? Wonderful! shocked

At first i was withdrawn from January 2022 session without notice but after mailing my school, i got the waiver to reapply from them and my tuition was transferred to September 2022 session after i got a new LOA for September 2022 session.

Jbrighto:

Your school nice o.. i was withdrawn from my sch without any notice, after paying c10000 and C500 tuition deposit. Then i was told to reapply and i paid a new application fee, after i paid another 500cad for turion deposit and then i got my September admission letter.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by oloyede1(m): 5:08pm On Mar 08, 2022
Lekiboboe:

Do you have work experience in Business Administration & Management or related field?

I run a software company
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lekiboboe: 5:13pm On Mar 08, 2022
oloyede1:

I run a software company
What's your Position there?

What' are your Job duties?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by MARINA49: 5:16pm On Mar 08, 2022
He hasn't done medicals yet? means refusal ?
buckyfof:

He has not done medicals or he has done?

If he has done medicals, then there's a high probability it's going to be ppr, but if he hasn't done medicals then it's most likely a refusal.

Just update us at the end of the day.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by MARINA49: 5:18pm On Mar 08, 2022
Okay Thanks. I guess I would just tell him to start preparing to reapply.
Anon123:

Lets wait and see but i am of the opinion a decision has been made in his app(most likely a denial)

But as far as study permit is concerned, any is possible.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Unso: 5:19pm On Mar 08, 2022
Good evening, I am new here. I would like to study in Canada, I have a diploma from institute of health technology, can I use the result to apply for a top up course in nursing in Canada?.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by oloyede1(m): 5:21pm On Mar 08, 2022
Lekiboboe:

What's your Position there?

What' are your Job duties?

I’m the CEO sir
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by princetx(m): 5:28pm On Mar 08, 2022
Good evening all.
Who can help me out with this. I have filled both my academic and work activities, when I click save and continue, this error message will pop up. I have clicked save and continue more than 16 times, yet this error keeps coming up.
What should I do?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) ... (920)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.