Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,987 members, 7,835,309 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:29 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (230) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (925731 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teenwa: 6:02am On Mar 15, 2022
Omiinii:
Personally? I'd say let your application be. If you didn't submit it's since January and it's not necessary as people without properties have been approved before. However, If you submit the documents, it'll likely delay your application. Depends on you if you feel its worth the wait that you need them to see your valuation certificate. I personally don't think a valuation certificate will sway an officer tremendously to make a favourable decision on your application.

Thanks a lot.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teenwa: 6:09am On Mar 15, 2022
Hello Guys,pls my passport expires in Dec2022 and my admission is for Sept. Application commenced January.Is it advisable to start processing a new passport now or will my old passport serve if requested?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Obibaby: 7:16am On Mar 15, 2022
Good morning guys. Please where can I find covid-19 vaccination center around IKEJA or Agege? Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by kennyjoy(m): 7:30am On Mar 15, 2022
Obibaby:
Good morning guys. Please where can I find covid-19 vaccination center around IKEJA or Agege? Thank you.

Check the centre near you,

https://nphcda.gov.ng/

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Forwardxxx: 7:57am On Mar 15, 2022
Good morning all,

I’m in the process of submitting my study visa application and need your kind input on these confusing issues;

- I intend to travel with my kids who are US citizens, since they don’t need a visa to get to Canada, so I need to add them to my application?
- I stated in my SOP that I’m traveling with them, but won’t be submitting an application for them because they don’t need a visa, will the VO have an issue with this?
- Children whose parents have a study permit are allowed to study without a study permit, but where they need one, can it be gotten at the airport?

Thanks in advance for your contribution.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Armah22: 7:58am On Mar 15, 2022
Teenwa:
Hello Guys,pls my passport expires in Dec2022 and my admission is for Sept. Application commenced January.Is it advisable to start processing a new passport now or will my old passport serve if requested?
yes start processing a new passport and when it’s ready send it via we form to ircc, if not once you get ppr, it’s the passport you submitted with your application that’ll be stamped and then you’ll have to do a new passport when you travel so to save time and money just do it now
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Onlinedoctor: 7:58am On Mar 15, 2022
Its possible to talk about in your SOP with intention to renew your passport 6 months to expiry. Then upload on a webform when you get the new
Teenwa:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Obibaby: 8:01am On Mar 15, 2022
Thank you so much

kennyjoy:

Check the centre near you,

https://nphcda.gov.ng/
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Dammy1192: 8:02am On Mar 15, 2022
I have on my profile under background check that they are processing my background check and would let me know if an additional doc is needed.

under eligiblity - you application is in progress,we would send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.

my questions are, do I need to send a mail as regards the processing time ?
2. does it truly mean that since Jan 18th they havent finished background check talkless of starting eligibility review?
3. or they may have gone beyond that level and not update the profile?

pls, what can I do as my school resumes May, 2022.

Thnks, look forward to a good response and advise.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Somidotun5(f): 8:13am On Mar 15, 2022
It is advisable to process a new one. Your passport should be valid for the period of your study.
Teenwa:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by kennyjoy(m): 8:15am On Mar 15, 2022
Dammy1192:
I have on my profile under background check that they are processing my background check and would let me know if an additional doc is needed.

under eligiblity - you application is in progress,we would send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.

2. does it truly mean that since Jan 18th they havent finished background check talkless of starting eligibility review?

Keep praying and hoping for the best decision from IRCC. Beside, have you done your medical?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by gaeul(f): 8:31am On Mar 15, 2022
Dammy1192:

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Afolavid: 9:17am On Mar 15, 2022
Forwardxxx:
Good morning all,

I’m in the process of submitting my study visa application and need your kind input on these confusing issues;

- I intend to travel with my kids who are US citizens, since they don’t need a visa to get to Canada, so I need to add them to my application?
- I stated in my SOP that I’m traveling with them, but won’t be submitting an application for them because they don’t need a visa, will the VO have an issue with this?
- Children whose parents have a study permit are allowed to study without a study permit, but where they need one, can it be gotten at the airport?

Thanks in advance for your contribution.

1. Since your kids are US citizens, they don't need a visa to get to Canada but they are dependent on you, so you have to talk about your plans or arrangement for them, in your case, they are going to Canada with you which is fine, so just ensure you show enough funds in your application to show that you can care for each of them while studying in Canada without going above your 20hrs/week work schedule.

2. The VO shouldn't have any issue with this, you should attach their birth certificates and US passports to your application. When the VO read your SOP and sees their passport, they already know you're good to go.

3. Your first statement is very valid, as long as they are minor. So they won't even need one.

Cheers!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Forwardxxx: 9:39am On Mar 15, 2022
Thanks a lot for your very helpful input.

But one more issue, do they need to do medicals?

Afolavid:

1. Since your kids are US citizens, they don't need a visa to get to Canada but they are dependent on you, so you have to talk about your plans or arrangement for them, in your case, they are going to Canada with you which is fine, so just ensure you show enough funds in your application to show that you can care for each of them while studying in Canada without going above your 20hrs/week work schedule.

2. The VO shouldn't have any issue with this, you should attach their birth certificates and US passports to your application. When the VO read your SOP and sees their passport, they already know you're good to go.

3. Your first statement is very valid, as long as they are minor. So they won't even need one.

Cheers!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by MuskElon: 10:06am On Mar 15, 2022
Hi, please I need some help with my brother's application.

He got an original passport request letter on February 7, proceeded to submit the passport and other documents through VFS Abuja on February 11 and on the 14th, it was under process at the IRCC office. By February 24 it was under process at the Canada Visa office.

He called the vfs helpline and he was told his passport is still at the Canada embassy in Abuja. After sending several mails to the embassy in Abuja, he was told a decision has not been made on the application which contradicts what was on the passport request letter.

The passport was returned to him on March 14 without the visa stamp or even an instruction on what to do, he has checked his GCkey several times and there's no update or request for any document, the Nairobi visa office has also been emailed without any response. Please, what can he do?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teenwa: 10:07am On Mar 15, 2022
Armah22:
yes start processing a new passport and when it’s ready send it via we form to ircc, if not once you get ppr, it’s the passport you submitted with your application that’ll be stamped and then you’ll have to do a new passport when you travel so to save time and money just do it now

Thanks a lot
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by kennyjoy(m): 10:36am On Mar 15, 2022
MuskElon:

He got an original passport request letter on February 7, proceeded to submit the passport and other documents through VFS Abuja on February 11 and on the 14th, it was under process at the IRCC office. By February 24 it was under process at the Canada Visa office.

He called the vfs helpline and he was told his passport is still at the Canada embassy in Abuja. After sending several mails to the embassy in Abuja, he was told a decision has not been made on the application which contradicts what was on the passport request letter.

The passport was returned to him on March 14 without the visa stamp or even an instruction on what to do, he has checked his GCkey several times and there's no update or request for any document, the Nairobi visa office has also been emailed without any response. Please, what can he do?

This one go far oooo, I hope your brother didn’t submit any false documents when he submits his visa apppication e.g Bank statement coz I heard IRCC do a final check on the documents submitted before stamping a passport.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Positiveme2020: 10:47am On Mar 15, 2022
Omiinii:
Yeah, it could happen like that. If that's what you're asking
It's is clear now , thank u very much.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Positiveme2020: 10:54am On Mar 15, 2022
technix:
If the program is co-op, then one can apply for a co-op work permit and study permit at the same time. If not, then you may have to explain your question further; has the person been hired by a Canadian company?
Anyway, with study visa only, one can still work for 20 hours per week during school sessions and full time during regular breaks.
Thanks , I sent you a DM as I will need the services on your signature
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Dammy1192: 10:54am On Mar 15, 2022
kennyjoy:

Keep praying and hoping for the best decision from IRCC. Beside, have you done your medical?

Thanks alot for your response. as regards medicals, it is written on my application profile that I do not need medicals and interview and that they would let me know if it changes.

Pls, I wanted to ask to if medicals could be waived for some applications?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Dammy1192: 10:55am On Mar 15, 2022
gaeul:
Mine showed background check in progress for four months till it was approved, only to discover I passed background check 5days after online submission...Just relax and chill...it will end in praise

Thanks alot
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by buckyfof(m): 11:01am On Mar 15, 2022
kennyjoy:

This one go far oooo, I hope your brother didn’t submit any false documents when he submits his visa apppication e.g Bank statement coz I heard IRCC do a final check on the documents submitted before stamping a passport.

I dont think its this one, if he submitted a false statement then they would have sent him a PFL or put it in his notes that they are about to send him a pfl.

I think the PPR was sent in error and they have not finished reviewing his app, or found something that calls for concern.

Let's see sha, it could actually be anything
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by kennyjoy(m): 11:03am On Mar 15, 2022
Dammy1192:

Thanks alot for your response. as regards medicals, it is written on my application profile that I do not need medicals and interview and that they would let me know if it changes.

Pls, I wanted to ask to if medicals could be waived for some applications?

Thanks

I will advice you to go for your Upfront medical asap. Medical is required for study permit application so there’s nothing like waived medical.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Toceen2022: 11:26am On Mar 15, 2022
Hello guys,

Please I need some clarifications.
If a program has Co-op, is there any section of the visa application that need to be filled to indicate Co-op, or is it at the Port of Entry that CBSA will ask and include it in the study permit?

Anyone please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teemenzo: 11:48am On Mar 15, 2022
MuskElon:

Post the ppr letter here. Cover all sensitive details.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by b4biodun(f): 12:16pm On Mar 15, 2022
Good afternoon all,

Please, can anyone you has used stanbic ibtc for formA, please share duration of processing.
I decided to use Stanbic and if anyone knows of any other bank with a week processing time, I will appreciate your input.
Thank u
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by tracy0803409: 12:46pm On Mar 15, 2022
b4biodun:
Good afternoon all,

Please, can anyone you has used stanbic ibtc for formA, please share duration of processing.
I decided to use Stanbic and if anyone knows of any other bank with a week processing time, I will appreciate your input.
Thank u

I used Keystone Bank and in four days I was debited and also received acknowledgement from my school as regards to payment made
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Marytess(f): 12:49pm On Mar 15, 2022
makano:
Hello Marytess

Yes, you will still need to schedule an appointment with the clinic, but they give priority to applicants that get Medical request from IRCC cos tere is a timeline from IRCC for the medical to be done..

Peace

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ifeks126: 1:42pm On Mar 15, 2022
its PPR after Almost 9months........ What God cannot do doesnt exist.

Timeline loading....

39 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by omariam: 1:49pm On Mar 15, 2022
ifeks126:

Timeline loading....
Congratulations!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teemenzo: 1:55pm On Mar 15, 2022
ifeks126:

Timeline loading....

Congratulations, i sight you. You bam. God is good
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teemenzo: 1:56pm On Mar 15, 2022
Guys oya shower us with ppr ooo!!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) ... (920)

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Studying In Finland (free Tuition)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.