Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,818 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (250) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (907967 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 5:59pm On Mar 18, 2022
kingjizz:

Answer me and stop all this please

@kingjizz It is good you follow the advice given, else, you'll be vulnerable to attacks by some financial rodents and predators. Go to page 1 or whatever page and read and research for yourself.

In fact, you have just been attacked by someone who says, "... Canadian tuition fee starts from $16k..." Ordinarily, you may not see this as an attack, but ask the person, "is it true you really can't find a Canadian college or university for as low as $9k depending on your program?"

Immigration journey is a thing you need to fully immerse yourself in. Even though you pay an agent, both of you should walk the walk together, otherwise, where you're supposed to spend #3, you might spend #3m.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Papapa1234: 6:03pm On Mar 18, 2022
Wow congratulations to everyone who got PPR...

Congratulations in advance to all hopefuls...

pls my school resumes May 2..and my application is still pending..and I have used all my deferral chances.

Pls what can I do in this situation?

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Bambam4life: 6:08pm On Mar 18, 2022
Abeg, I need answer to my question, abeg: is the biometrics slip the long one?
Bambam4life:
Good morning, All.

Thank you for all you do on this page. Huge congratulations to all those who have gotten their PPRs and congratulations in advance to we hopefuls as well.

Please which document is the biometrics slip? I was given a long slip and a short slip after my biometrics.

Thank you as you respond.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 6:17pm On Mar 18, 2022
Bambam4life:

To my knowledge, I would consider the letter given to me by IRCC and the appointment letter by VFS as biometric letter. If you read the contents of the letters plus what you read here on NL, you'll not miss it.

You should behave like a Lagosian or Nigerian per se, if I were you, I would go with both letters and my passport and passport bio-data page and do two photocopies for each document. I know it's more than enough: so, when I get there, I won't lack in any aspect.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by eniola1010(m): 6:17pm On Mar 18, 2022
hello guys, you're all doing a good job.
something is baffling me. i want to ask. if one successfully go to Canada for a 2 year master's. after the 2 years is over. what means can one devise to still stay over there maybe through working or something.

can someone please explain that work scope, or asides work is there any other loophole one can take advantage of to still remain there whilst processing PR.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Beatson: 6:23pm On Mar 18, 2022
Please which school, am already considering another deferral. My school resume same day with yours but no update for my app.

Papapa1234:
Wow congratulations to everyone who got PPR...

Congratulations in advance to all hopefuls...

pls my school resumes May 2..and my application is still pending..and I have used all my deferral chances.

Pls what can I do in this situation?

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 6:24pm On Mar 18, 2022
eniola1010:
hello guys, you're all doing a good job.
something is baffling me. i want to ask. if one successfully go to Canada for a 2 year master's. after the 2 years is over. what means can one devise to still stay over there maybe through working or something.

can someone please explain that work scope, or asides work is there any other loophole one can take advantage of to still remain there whilst processing PR.

This shows that you don't know much about Canada Study Visa. It is not a sin though.

After study at a DLI institution, you are eligible for a 1 year Post Graduation Work Permit in a case of a course that is 8 - 12 months long in duration and 3 year Post Graduation Work Permit for courses that is 2 or more years long in duration.

With this Post Graduation Work Permit, you can work white collar jobs and become a Permanent Resident ( You must meet some requirements under Express Entry to become a PR but it's very easy)

Permanent Residence Card is referred to as Stay by some people. This means you can enter Canada anytime you like and live there forever without requiring a visa. Your children will get free education etc

After 3 years of being a Permanent Resident, you can apply to become a citizen

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by eniola1010(m): 6:26pm On Mar 18, 2022
ShowYoung:

This shows that you don't know much about Canada Study Visa. It is not a sin though.

After study at a DLI institution, you are eligible for a 1 year Post Graduation Work Permit in a case of a course that is at 8 - 12 months and 3 year Post Graduation Work Permit for courses that is 2 or more year.

With this Post Graduation Work Permit, you can work white collar jobs and become a Permanent Residence.

thanks so much i appreciate. but u use style yab me for begining o

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by kingjizz: 6:29pm On Mar 18, 2022
Teemenzo:

People like you don't learn. You want people to spoon feed you, your answers are on page one. Go there just check first.

I pray that one day ,you will be in my shoes and you will get same answer

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 6:29pm On Mar 18, 2022
eniola1010:

thanks so much i appreciate. but u use style yab me for begining o

angry shocked Sorry for that @eniola1010, I beg.

Because of this advantage, people don't want to go study in the US, UK etc. That's why people are trooping into Canada.

Note that you must be enrolled in a DLI. If you enroll in a non DLI, you'll pack your load and come back home after your study
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by kingjizz: 6:31pm On Mar 18, 2022
ShowYoung:

@kingjizz It is good you follow the advice given to you by @Teemenzo, else, you'll be vulnerable to attacks by some financial rodents and predators. Go to page 1 or whatever page and read and research for yourself.

In fact, you have just been attacked by someone who says, "... Canadian tuition fee starts from $16k..." Ordinarily, you may not see this as an attack, but ask the person, "is it true you really can't find a Canadian college or university for as low as $9k depending on your program?"

Immigration journey is a thing you need to fully immerse yourself in. Even though you pay an agent, both of you should walk the walk together, otherwise, where you're supposed to spend #3, you might spend #3m.

You'll be surprised that you're even more knowledgeable in this business than some agents. In my case, agents have instructed me to pay visa fee of $235 at a rate he quoted #582/$, I called his attention that USD is different from CAD; he then told me that US$ 200 = C$235 and that I should just pay at the rate of #582/$. I called his attention to the fact that $183 = C$ 235. He vexed and said I should pay by myself. He was not aware that IRCC had started collections in Naira.

That's just the fact.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by jvmum(f): 6:31pm On Mar 18, 2022
dchamps:
My refusal letter came in just now lol. I already ordered my notes 2 days ago i hope it will capture the refusal reasons or should i order another one? I was refused based on personal asset and financial status then purpose of visit. It’s so funny that i helped my sister in packaging her application and she got an approval today i know this will shock her but we move mehnn….. it is just a delay the next will be successful. This weekend na for groove jare

I love your spirit.....delay is not denial- it will come through for you too. Let your sis go and be preparing for you to have a smooth entrance. Keep the faith.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Jessica50: 6:32pm On Mar 18, 2022
Bambam4life:
yea
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Omiinii: 6:36pm On Mar 18, 2022
He's trying to help you get the information you need yourself. Everything or most of what you'll need and all the answers to your questions are in the first page of this thread.

Nothing will happen to him as he has actually done well by answering your question.

If you can't do the work, pay a licensed consultant to do all the work for you so you wouldn't need to be on this forum asking for information. You go just dey relax.
kingjizz:

Thank you

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teemenzo: 6:45pm On Mar 18, 2022
Omiinii:
He's trying to help you get the information you need yourself. Everything or most of what you'll need and all the answers to your questions are in the first page of this thread.

Nothing will happen to him as he has actually done well by answering your question.

If you can't do the work, pay a licensed consultant to do all the work for you so you wouldn't need to be on this forum asking for information. You go just dey relax.

Na you dey answer Agbero. Person wey suppose apply for kindergarten in Canada. Ghana master

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teemenzo: 6:46pm On Mar 18, 2022
kingjizz:

Thank you

Bro na size 42 I dey wear but sometimes 43 no bad. Shio

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Kuze1: 6:47pm On Mar 18, 2022
karlxavier:

Thanks.

But, when you were asked to submit the bank details, what percentage of the funds do you need to have in the account before the loan is approved?

If I need like say 15k USD, how much do I need to have in my bank balance?

Hello. I had N7m in my account. I also showed my spouse account of about N5m. I had actually wanted to request less than $30k but had read information on the internet of MPower giving less than what the student requests. Didn’t think I would get the full amount but I did. Hope this helps
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Armah22: 6:49pm On Mar 18, 2022
Please has anyone use the new portal and has gotten ppr ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by vegaz: 6:50pm On Mar 18, 2022
Anon123:

IELTS is not required.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Aucce: 6:57pm On Mar 18, 2022
Good day everyone,
Please can someone who is a lecturer with PhD apply for a 1 pg certification program and get Visa?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teemenzo: 7:00pm On Mar 18, 2022
Aucce:
Good day everyone,
Please can someone who is a lecturer with PhD apply for a 1 pg certification program and get Visa?

It's a very tight corner. I would have advised to go for another PHD (If that's possible). The issue is just getting supervisor.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by olutowo(m): 7:07pm On Mar 18, 2022
Teemenzo:

People like you don't learn. You want people to spoon feed you, your answers are on page one. Go there just check first.

Thank u for this info...even me that has been following this thread ever since, i never knew there are vital information in page 1...had to go back and check it and see some information that opened my eyes...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Papapa1234: 7:12pm On Mar 18, 2022
Humber college and yours??
Beatson:
Please which school, am already considering another deferral. My school resume same day with yours but no update for my app.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Gift212: 7:14pm On Mar 18, 2022
Lmao! He didn't even refer you to google, ordinary page one here...
Prayer yii is null and void. After page 1, read a couple more pages, you'll see people who have shared documents submitted. Even the website you want to apply on will give you answers to what they require.
kingjizz:

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Iamgrac: 7:32pm On Mar 18, 2022
Good evening everyone,

I'm trying to apply to centennial college for my nephew who would be 17 by June.

I'm having some issues in the date of birth section, as it appears I can only pic march 18 and not June 18
For better understanding can anyone please click on the link to see what I mean
https://banner.centennialcollege.ca/owaportal/apply1.aspx
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teemenzo: 7:32pm On Mar 18, 2022
olutowo:

Thank u for this info...even me that has been following this thread ever since, i never knew there are vital information in page 1...had to go back and check it and see some information that opened my eyes...

You are welcome.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teemenzo: 7:32pm On Mar 18, 2022
Gift212:
Lmao! He didn't even refer you to google, ordinary page one here...
Prayer yii is null and void. After page 1, read a couple more pages, you'll see people who have shared documents submitted. Even the website you want to apply on will give you answers to what they require.

One of the problems of this country.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by adeyinkaadetunj: 7:38pm On Mar 18, 2022
Do I see someone from Nigeria, that submitted his/her canada study permit on 17th Nov,2021, that has received decision from IRCC?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lotathebaby: 8:14pm On Mar 18, 2022
olutowo:

Me too. Thank you @teemenzo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Aucce: 8:18pm On Mar 18, 2022
Thanks for your responses. Am thinking of writing a good SOP, highlighting the importance of my choice of study to my current career path. Hope this will help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teemenzo: 8:23pm On Mar 18, 2022
Aucce:
Thanks for your responses. Am thinking of writing a good SOP, highlighting the importance of my choice of study to my current career path. Hope this will help

Yes good, if you can also include some topics in the pg course as relating to your career and get articles where those courses have been properly explained.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Scott99tish(m): 8:24pm On Mar 18, 2022
Stoppit na grin grin grin
Teemenzo:

Bro na size 42 I dey wear but sometimes 43 no bad. Shio

(1) (2) (3) ... (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) ... (920)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.