Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,211 members, 7,815,232 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:24 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (265) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (906520 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Frankrobbn1: 10:55am On Mar 22, 2022
pearlzsales1:
Good day everyone, I got my decision last week Wednesday and I am planning on applying immediately. Lectures resumes may 5 , I won't be able to request for GCMS because of how close resumption date is.
Please house, kindly explain to me what the denial letter means

Don't be in a rush to submit your reapplication without properly knowing the facts behind the refusal of your application. From the excerpt you shared, the visa officer has expressed concerns about your financial establishment and economic ties back home to motivate your departure from Canada after studies.

Questions to be answered:

1. What were the financial resources you declared in your last application? - Did you show any evidence relating to your source of income ?

2. What are your holdings in Nigeria ? - Any proof that you're economically stable e.g assets, investments in the bank, valuation report of those properties etc.

The visa officer wants to be reasonably convinced that you're capable to finance your education, and must leave Canada at the end of your authorised course of study. I will advice you carefully examine the reasons for your denial prior to reapplying the second time.

It will end in praise

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Frankrobbn1: 11:03am On Mar 22, 2022
OnyeukaO:
Good day all,

Please after getting a biometrics request how do you book for an appointment?

Book the biometrics appointment here: https://visa.vfsglobal.com/nga/en/can/book-an-appointment

It will end in praise

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Frankrobbn1: 11:19am On Mar 22, 2022
TonyDeAnalyst:
Hi respected fellows, I have been following this forum for more than 5 years and really appreciate the good work people are doing to show thier follow men an women the genuine way for successful application here. God bless.
I recently got a PhD admission at Dalhousie university with resumption date of September, 2022. As a lecturer, I'm hoping to fund the program through TETFUND in my place of work. I also desire to go with my spouse and three children. As a plan B, I wish to go through the process of self-funding. Guru in the house, please lend your boy a helping hands to get answers to the following questions:
1. Amount that will be enough to move with a family of five for a PhD program
2. Documentation required for smooth application
3. Is it necessary to do upfront medicals to facilitate the process.
Thank you as I await your response.

Congratulations on your PhD admission at Dalhousie University. Permit me to ask if your education at this institution is fully funded by them?

As for your questions, see my responses below:

1. First, I will suggest you apply alone since you're being sponsored by a third party (TETFUND). You can apply for your family to join you when you've successfully landed in Canada.

2. The list of documents can be seen from other people's testimonies on this platform, in consideration of the number of years you've been on this platform (5 years), I believe you should have a clue on the documents required for a study permit application from Nigeria.

3. Get the upfront medical examination done, it will speed up the application process.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Evergreen694: 11:26am On Mar 22, 2022
@Nelson2k, I applied in Novemberof Last year. I suggest you hold on a bit longer.
Nelson2k:

I applied for public administration but still on final review which takes 10 days for a decision. But i have admission from conestoga college already even paid for deposit but still waiting for university of regina decision. When did you apply? They are taking forever for admission which takes less than a month in korea
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Evergreen694: 11:32am On Mar 22, 2022
@Sapte pls could you be so kind as to drop your email address?. I would really appreciate it, thank you.
Sapte:
I am going to Regina this fall. We have a whatsapp group for University of Regina students. Send a message, I cab add you.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Frankrobbn1: 11:39am On Mar 22, 2022
TherealLadyJ:
It's PPR, thanks be to God!!! I'm super excited to bring with me good news which could also be a shimmer of hope for you all in this Canadian immigration journey which we are all coursing. On Friday, 11th of March 2022, I finally received the good news of the approval of my Canadian study visa. Truly, delay is not denial, these are my application details:

Confirmation of Submission: October 14, 2021.
Correspondence Letter/BVL : March 10, 2022
Original Passport Request: March 10, 2022

I began this Canadian migration journey sometime back in 2019. At this time, I had no knowledge about whatever processes were involved in applying for the visa, I just had my burning desire to leave this country for greener pastures. Factoring in my ignorance and the need for me to make this work, I procured the services of a canadian immigration consultant. Hmmm... I won't bore you with the disheartening experience of how this journey went, but my people, it was a dark experience for me. Asides from keeping me in the total dark with regards to my application process, he was quite inept in his services and undecided so many times about what course of action to take in response to a presented difficulty. Well, to put it briefly, after he put together a scruffy package for me, my visa application was denied by the IRCC on the 9th of July, 2019 on the grounds of:
1. Purpose of Visit
2. Current Employment decision
3. Home Ties
4. Personal Assets and Financial Status

Upon receipt of my refusal letter, I nearly went into depression. All the time, effort, and money expended had all gone to waste. However, my resolve was greater than my circumstance so after a while I gathered myself up and decided to give it another shot. Quite fortunately for me, at around the same time, a friend of mine had just received an approval for herself to travel to Canada for her master's program. She then told me of her story and referred me to @Frankrobbn1 on Nairaland who she claimed had worked the miracle for her. She further told me of how he had similarly helped a lot of people on the platform through his expert advices on how to successfully migrate to Canada. Upon this, I reached out to @Frankrobbn1 through this very platform to retain his services for a re-application and that was when my story changed for the better.

As a previously refused applicant, I will attest that I was initially quite jittery. However, after a brief while corresponding with Mr. Frank, I was in awe of his professionalism, experience and proficiency in the Canadian immigration industry. I have found him to be extremely detailed, an excellent researcher, problem solver, and critical decision maker. He provided me with tailored support and exhibited excellent attention to detail. He further skillfully resolved all the complications in my last application with the highest degree of professionalism and put my fears to rest by covering every grey areas in my application which resulted in the approval of my study application.

The good God that I serve that used Mr. Frank to change my story from denial to approval will continue to bless him for me. As you have put a smile on my face and the faces of many, God will continue to keep your lips wide with smiles. I cannot quantify the joy that I am feeling right now as I make my travel plans to Canada. For those aspiring migrants reading this and have been undecided about using an agency, take my advice and contact @Frankrobbn1 as soon as possible. He is one honest person I can assure you is worth his pay. I appreciate everyone on this platform and the information and assistance you people give to questions asked on here. I also pray that everyone who is awaiting decision on their application will all receive positive feedbacks in Jesus name. Amen!

Once again, thank you @Frankrobbn1 for what you did for me and God bless you. See you all in Canada. Au revoir.

See the documents submitted on my behalf by Mr. Frank.

Sponsor's (Father) Document

Congratulations @TherealLadyJ, Thank you for your honest and positive review of our services. It was a pleasure working with you to help you achieve this milestone. I wish you the best in Canada.

It will end in praise

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Frankrobbn1: 11:41am On Mar 22, 2022
iykedpetes:
Good morning all
My medicals will expire this month ending and this month ending will make it exactly 3momths i submitted my application no news yet ..what should i do ?

Don't wait any longer, redo the medicals and update your records via IRCC general webform.

It will end in praise

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ibukunsweet: 11:50am On Mar 22, 2022
Lekiboboe:

FIRST BANK (FBN) do provide MBS , but seems its not too pronounced like other banks e.g. GTBank, Polaris etc. and its like MBS is fairly new to them. Also, some FBN branches might likely say they can't do it.

Take your time and go through the contents in the links below, then put it into action

Getting MybankStatement Ticket from FIRSTBANK NIGERIA
https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/371#99797739

Sample of the form to get MybankStatement (MBS) from FIRST BANK and how to get it
https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/695#101740522

Members in house who used FIRST BANK MBS of recent for their proof of funds will be able to advice/guide you further based on their experience

Good luck!!!

Thanks a lot lekki bobo. Very detailed reply �

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ANGELAREE: 11:51am On Mar 22, 2022
I want to pay my acceptance fee of 1500 cad but it’s very expensive on flywire

Is there any other cheaper alternative

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 11:51am On Mar 22, 2022
Good Morning
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 11:52am On Mar 22, 2022
ANGELAREE:

Use Form A. Get a receipt from Flywire in either USD or CAD and use it to fill e-FORM-A. The CBN will sell CAD for you at a rate of #323/$ or whatever the rate is now.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ing123: 11:53am On Mar 22, 2022
olokings:
I did. And I have gotten my admission..
Prepping for study permit application.

pls when did you apply?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Sapte(f): 11:59am On Mar 22, 2022
Please send a message to my profile. I will respond privately.

Evergreen694:
@Sapte pls could you be so kind as to drop your email address?. I would really appreciate it, thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ANGELAREE: 12:01pm On Mar 22, 2022
ShowYoung:

Use Form A. Get a receipt from Flywire in either USD or CAD and use it to fill e-FORM-A. The CBN will sell CAD for you at a rate of #323/$ or whatever the rate is now.
I don’t understand
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Sapte(f): 12:01pm On Mar 22, 2022
I can't drop my number or personal details here please. Send a message like others have been doing and I will respond privately.

Evergreen694:
@Sapte, drop you number so I could add you on WhatsApp then you could add me on the group. I think it would be much more easier that way.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Topmc: 12:10pm On Mar 22, 2022
Frankrobbn1:

Don't wait any longer, redo the medicals and update your records via IRCC general webform.

It will end in praise
General webform link plz
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Anon123: 12:39pm On Mar 22, 2022
ANGELAREE:

What you are paying is not an acceptance fee o but a tuition deposit and it's part of your main tuition.

Hope this is not coming from your agent?

Is it Conestoga college?

You can try Form A but you go wait o cos CBN will tale your time
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Anon123: 12:42pm On Mar 22, 2022
Topmc:
Good morning gurus,
I did my medical at IOM this morning. I submitted my application Feb. Pls am going to upload my new medical via webform and email Abuja, Nairobi, London or where precisely.
Can i seize this opportunity to remind them that my resumption is 24 April and upload my other supporting documents.
Pls it's very urgent

Yes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Anon123: 12:48pm On Mar 22, 2022
Topmc:

General webform link plz

Google canadian webform
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Shadybeauty: 12:49pm On Mar 22, 2022
I want to go for another Masters based on my job designation
Lekiboboe:

Why another Masters, when you already have a Masters degree
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teemenzo: 12:49pm On Mar 22, 2022
Peace to everyone here.

Pardon my manners.

We all claim that we are here to help one another. Its quite unfortunate to be asking a prospective applicant into a school to be paying an outrageous fee of 200k and above just to secure admission into a school. Abeg this is not the culture here. Let's try as much as possible to help without putting people into corners. Nigeria is hard enough, don't let's complicate it. I come in peace o, make nobody come here dey paranran ooo.

16 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Anon123: 12:53pm On Mar 22, 2022
pearlzsales1:
Good day everyone, I got my decision last week Wednesday and I am planning on applying immediately. Lectures resumes may 5 , I won't be able to request for GCMS because of how close resumption date is.
Please house, kindly explain to me what the denial letter means

Why not defer this admission..

Being denied based on finance is not just lump sums. There are other possible reasons as it applies to your application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Anon123: 12:59pm On Mar 22, 2022
Shadybeauty:
I want to go for another Masters based on my job designation

First of, you have a 2.2 which makes meeting the admission requirements for a masters difficult to not possible. Your best bet is a PGD but if you are applying for study permit, do not mention about your already acquired masters otherwise, you will be denied based on purpose of visit.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teemenzo: 1:01pm On Mar 22, 2022
Anon123:

First of, you have a 2.2 which makes meeting the admission requirements for a masters difficult to not possible. Your best bet is a PGD but if you are applying for study permit, do not mention about your already acquired masters otherwise, you will be denied based on purpose of visit.

Correct. In addition, your SOP is very important as it has to give details about virtually every document you are presenting and also talking about your stay in Canada.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Shadybeauty: 1:03pm On Mar 22, 2022
Thank you
Anon123:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 1:04pm On Mar 22, 2022
ANGELAREE:

I don’t understand

Applying to CBN to sell you a foreign exchange at official rate is done through filling Form A. You just type "CBN FORM A" on your search engine. It'll take you to Trade System portal, from there, you can apply.

Documents to submit are: Flywire receipt in USD or CAD, admission letter, highest certificate and passport bio-data page.

How to get Flywire receipt.
Fill in your school details on Flywire website and instead of choosing to pay in Naira, choose international payment in CAD or USD as there will be many options there. After selecting USD or CAD, Flywire will generate a receipt and give you seven days or less to make the payment. If you can't make the payment within 7 days, talk to Flywire, they'll extend it for another 14 days.

The CBN will sell CAD around 323 to 332. Black market rate or Flywire rate is around 455.

Choices of Banks for faster response:
Access Bank (2 weeks, all currency), Globus Bank (1 week, USD only and BSC, MSC and PhD only), Jaiz Bank (4 days, USD only)

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Semtu(m): 1:18pm On Mar 22, 2022
Hello house.

Please I want to process student upkeep allowance using form A. I would like to know if the funds can be gotten in cash or whether I have to open a dollar Domiciliary account to receive the funds?

And is there a limit to the amount I can request for?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Themmiee21: 1:20pm On Mar 22, 2022
Good day everyone...God's continued mercy on the gurus who have been sharing priceless infos here. i am yet to get to my visa application stage but i dont miss reading the thread since joining earlier last month and infact i feel so jealous of success stories and can't wait for GOD to grant me too soonest.

Please i am still battling with obtaining passport so it is obvious i cannot meet up with admission application for this year again. However, i will like to ask the family especially the gurus of when application for winter 2023 is likely to open/close.

We learners are drinking from your river of knowledge daily and i pray that IT SHALL END IN PRAISE FOR US ALL

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Anon123: 1:26pm On Mar 22, 2022
Themmiee21:
Good day everyone...God's continued mercy on the gurus who have been sharing priceless infos here. i am yet to get to my visa application stage but i dont miss reading the thread since joining earlier last month and infact i feel so jealous of success stories and can't wait for GOD to grant me too soonest.

Please i am still battling with obtaining passport so it is obvious i cannot meet up with admission application for this year again. However, i will like to ask the family especially the gurus of when application for winter 2023 is likely to open/close.

We learners are drinking from your river of knowledge daily and i pray that IT SHALL END IN PRAISE FOR US ALL

Hopefully next month
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Terminalia(f): 1:26pm On Mar 22, 2022
Semtu:
Hello house.

Please I want to process student upkeep allowance using form A. I would like to know if the funds can be gotten in cash or whether I have to open a dollar Domiciliary account to receive the funds?

And is there a limit to the amount I can request for?

You need to open a domiciliary account to receive the fund. i think you can receive up to $4k per quarter.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Semtu(m): 1:27pm On Mar 22, 2022
Terminalia:

You need to open a domiciliary account to receive the fund. i think you can receive up to $4k per quarter.

Okay thanks

Please what documents do I need to upload on the portal?

(1) (2) (3) ... (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) ... (920)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.