Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,280 members, 7,815,476 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (696) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (861385 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (693) (694) (695) (696) (697) (698) (699) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by sympygirl: 6:48am On May 16, 2021
Hello all, I just joined.
I got my BSc in International relations over 12 years ago and I have been running a business. I'm married with 2 kids.
I've been trying to read on immigration to Canada and it seems the study route is my best option.
My issues are:
1. I'm confused on weather to go for a pdg or masters program.
2. Funds: no sponsor and I do not have enough money to sponsor myself, my children and still have enough money required and at what stage will I have to show my proof of fund
Please can I get any advise on a way forward as I want to start the process as soon as possible.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by penitential(m): 7:05am On May 16, 2021
Yes, it can.
Sterling289128:
Can the letter of Reference be addressed to " whom it may concern" rather than the visa Officer, Canada........ I intend to use my reference letter to two different countries. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by penitential(m): 7:09am On May 16, 2021
1. Master’s program will be best (academic progression).
2. You can either apply for yourself alone (if the fund will be able to take care of your application without dependants using them as home ties. But if not, get more funds. (Except you have funding/grant).
Also, you’ll show proof of funds alongside other documents for your application.
sympygirl:
Hello all, I just joined.
I got my BSc in International relations over 12 years ago and I have been running a business. I'm married with 2 kids.
I've been trying to read on immigration to Canada and it seems the study route is my best option.
My issues are:
1. I'm confused on weather to go for a pdg or masters program.
2. Funds: no sponsor and I do not have enough money to sponsor myself, my children and still have enough money required and at what stage will I have to show my proof of fund
Please can I get any advise on a way forward as I want to start the process as soon as possible.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Dukealara: 7:51am On May 16, 2021
oyibo4real:

I landed on 13th and had similar experience cos its same flight, same take off and landing time, same documents was asked at the Lufthansa check in counter, almost same everything...

However, at POE(Toronto), they asked for:
Name of school
Name of program and if its coop
Tuition payment receipt(which I printed but didnt know how it disappeared. Showed them the soft copy in my phone)
Consent letter from spouse(for my son)
That's all.

I was given 3 docs...2 study permits and my work permit. He also advised me not to work more than 20hrs per week and to abide by the rules of the docs given to me.

Today would be my 3rd night of quarantine, so I'll zoom off tomorrow. Confirmed hotel booking price was $1018 but I got there to meet $904 and I gladly paid grin. Am using Crowne Plaza hotel, toronto.

These indians are stubborn oo, they're still travelling despite the ban. I saw more than 20 of them detained at the POE and the officers were asking them why they disobeyed the rule and some of them didnt even come with their covid test result. Shaa, las las, they were called for their docs.

This is all for now...

Thank God for safe landing.....

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ifychybrian: 7:54am On May 16, 2021
please do not panic they said on their site that they have a back load of medicals that need to be updated.My hubby did his own 25th March and it was uploaded on 6th may.So relax

quote author=Sleekcee post=101726045]Medicals of 12th April not yet acknowledged by IRCC. Application done in September. Its well oo[/quote]

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Wanice: 8:06am On May 16, 2021
Good day everyone, thanks for your continuous support. Pls I did my upfront medicals on the 26th and submitted my application on the 27th of April. I uploaded the medical form I got from IOM when submitting my application and I’m yet to see a notification that my medicals have been received. Note: IOM called me three days after to inform me that I passed my medicals and they have sent my result to the Embassy. Pls I’m worried on what to do? Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by stevedestiny(m): 8:09am On May 16, 2021
Good day beautiful people. Please I need help o!!!

How can my sponsor get mybankstatement to be uploaded? He says the bank asked him to log on to his app and download the bank statemtent and send it.
But someone on this platform said mybankstatement is just a certificate.

Please any direction on how he can get it? Bank is First Bank. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by may99(f): 9:02am On May 16, 2021
stevedestiny:
Good day beautiful people. Please I need help o!!!

How can my sponsor get mybankstatement to be uploaded? He says the bank asked him to log on to his app and download the bank statemtent and send it.
But someone on this platform said mybankstatement is just a certificate.

Please any direction on how he can get it? Bank is First Bank. Thank you

Hello, this service is fairly new to firstbank and the Information is not available at every branch. Your sponsor needs to go to customer service and convince them to contact FirstContact or Hq for directions on how to get the certificate. The service costs 1,000 naira. Here is a picture of the form, contact me if you still need the pdf of the form.

It takes 2 working days to process. After which the form would be sent to your sponsors email or phone number via WhatsApp.

Firstbank would do their best to convince you that they don’t do it. It is up to your sponsor to also do his best to convince them that they do. My sponsor spent 4hrs in the bank doing this and the certificate was released the next day. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Oreoluwamipo: 9:03am On May 16, 2021
May Canada favor you sis.

oyibo4real:

I landed on 13th and had similar experience cos its same flight, same take off and landing time, same documents was asked at the Lufthansa check in counter, almost same everything...

Name of school
Tuition payment receipt(which I printed but didnt know how it disappeared. Showed them the soft copy in my phone)
That's all.

I was given 3 docs...2 study permits and my work permit. He also advised me not to work more than 20hrs per week and to abide by the rules of the docs given to me.

Today would be my 3rd night of quarantine, so I'll zoom off tomorrow. Confirmed hotel booking price was $1018 but I got there to meet $904 and I gladly paid grin. Am using Crowne Plaza hotel, toronto.

These indians are stubborn oo, they're still travelling despite the ban. I saw more than 20 of them detained at the POE and the officers were asking them why they disobeyed the rule and some of them didnt even come with their covid test result. Shaa, las las, they were called for their docs.

This is all for now...

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by stevedestiny(m): 9:24am On May 16, 2021
I so much appreciate. Please check ur msg

may99:

Hello, this service is fairly new to firstbank and the Information is not available at every branch. Your sponsor needs to go to customer service and convince them to contact FirstContact or Hq for directions on how to get the certificate. The service costs 1,000 naira. Here is a picture of the form, contact me if you still need the pdf of the form.

It takes 2 working days to process. After which the form would be sent to your sponsors email or phone number via WhatsApp.

Firstbank would do their best to convince you that they don’t do it. It is up to your sponsor to also do his best to convince them that they do. My sponsor spent 4hrs in the bank doing this and the certificate was released the next day. Good luck.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by MERCHANDISER: 9:49am On May 16, 2021
Anon123:

When you booked for the biometrics online, did you indicate the number of persons doing the biometrics?
Are you in Canada now
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 10:16am On May 16, 2021
If you do upfront medicals before submitting your application approximately how long will it take before the medicals section on the application changes and acknowledges the medicals? Currently it says I do not need medicals and they will send me an email if that changes.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by gracedson: 10:18am On May 16, 2021
childgodly:
If you do upfront medicals before submitting your application approximately how long will it take before the medicals section on the application changes and acknowledges the medicals? Currently it says I do not need medicals and they will send me an email if that changes.
Someone should please answer.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Juwon21: 10:18am On May 16, 2021
Good morning to everyone on this thread, I would love if anyone can suggest university that offers MS Environmental management with assistantship
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by MsJanez01: 10:27am On May 16, 2021
Rasakiopoewa:
Hi guys.Got an admission in seneca to study pgd in business analytics. Start date to completion date is 7 months and 15 days. 18hours/week lecture. Will this qualify me for pgwp? Pls need your answer sirs
I saw on their page that it was 1 year program but upon receiving the admission letter, I discovered it was 7 months 15 days
Start date 7th sept 21 and completion date is 22 April 22

Dat duration covers for your course work ie Lectures. The remaining 4months should cover for your coop. Check if you have coop attached to your program. Everything should total 1yr
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by MsJanez01: 10:31am On May 16, 2021
Omankem8:
@lekkiboboe, I'm self sponsored and i have paid my 1 year tuition fee, i was adviced by my immigration consultant to do a GIC investment to further show my economic strength. Do you think i should do it? I should transfer my living expenses to a GIC account?

My gurus, kindly advice.

What is GIC
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 10:34am On May 16, 2021
oyibo4real:

Name of school
That's all.

This is all for now...
Thanks for the landing gist

May the land of Canny favor you

Quick one,
Did they ask you for PROOF OF ENROLLMENT LETTER, whether from the Airline you boarded, or the Immigration dept. of Nigeria or the Immigration dept. of Canada (CBSA)?

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 11:13am On May 16, 2021
Omankem8:
@lekkiboboe, I'm self sponsored and i have paid my 1 year tuition fee, i was adviced by my immigration consultant to do a GIC investment to further show my economic strength. Do you think i should do it? I should transfer my living expenses to a GIC account?

My gurus, kindly advice.

Go ahead and deposit the 10,000CAD into the GIC investment. It will show that you've made adequate financial arrangements for your proposed studies in Canada.

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 11:15am On May 16, 2021
MsJanez01:

What is GIC

GIC means Guaranteed Investment Certificate. A GIC is a Canadian investment that has a guaranteed rate of return for a fixed period of time. Many banks offer GICs and international students uses the GIC as a means of showing proof of adequate funds for their first year living expenses in the amount of 10,000CAD.

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 11:18am On May 16, 2021
Juwon21:
Good morning to everyone on this thread, I would love if anyone can suggest university that offers MS Environmental management with assistantship

Brock University offer MSc in Environment Sustainability. It is a thesis based program with full funding package.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Sterling289128: 11:20am On May 16, 2021
Frankrobbn1:

GIC means Guaranteed Investment Certificate. A GIC is a Canadian investment that has a guaranteed rate of return for a fixed period of time. Many banks offer GICs and international students use the GIC to show proof of adequate funds for their first year living expenses in the amount of 10,000CAD.

It will end in praise

How do you go about it? Do you transfer from a Nigerian bank?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 11:25am On May 16, 2021
Sterling289128:

How do you go about it? Do you transfer from a Nigerian bank?

You should contact CIBC bank (Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce) for details on how to utilise the GIC investment. The bank will provide instructions on how you can create the GIC with them and how to deposit the money from your Nigerian account through a wire transfer.

I know a good number of Nigerian applicants who have used the GIC in their study permit application and were successful with it.

It will end in praise

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Sterling289128: 11:33am On May 16, 2021
Frankrobbn1:

You should contact CIBC bank (Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce) for details on how to utilise the GIC investment. The bank will provide instructions on how you can create the GIC with them and how to deposit the money from your Nigerian account through a wire transfer.

I know a good number of Nigerian applicants who have used the GIC in their study permit application and were successful with it.

It will end in praise

Bless you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by shupy: 11:35am On May 16, 2021
Omankem8:

My gurus, kindly advice.
GIC or no GIC a 1 year bank statement is still going to be required for NSE. I see no essence in the GIC program. However if there's still going to substantial amount in your bank account even after GIC arrangement, then you're good to go.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by shupy: 11:38am On May 16, 2021
childgodly:
there's no definitive timeframe for the update. It will be updated to pass at some point.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by mamatee2: 11:47am On May 16, 2021
Hello,

Thanks for your response on getting mybankstatement from First Bank. Can you please send me the pdf of the form?

I would also like to ask what I am expected to write under Receipt Number and Transaction Reference Number in the form?

Thank you very much for a favourable response.

God bless you!

may99:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anon123: 12:03pm On May 16, 2021
MERCHANDISER:
Are you in Canada now

Yes please but why do you ask
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anon123: 12:06pm On May 16, 2021
Wanice:
Good day everyone, thanks for your continuous support. Pls I did my upfront medicals on the 26th and submitted my application on the 27th of April. I uploaded the medical form I got from IOM when submitting my application and I’m yet to see a notification that my medicals have been received. Note: IOM called me three days after to inform me that I passed my medicals and they have sent my result to the Embassy. Pls I’m worried on what to do? Thanks

Have you applied for uour visa and its not indicated on your portal medical not received?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by madamg: 12:12pm On May 16, 2021
Please is there a Whatsapp group for NSCC applicants?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by may99(f): 12:18pm On May 16, 2021
mamatee2:
Hello,

Thanks for your response on getting mybankstatement from First Bank. Can you please send me the pdf of the form?

I would also like to ask what I am expected to write under Receipt Number and Transaction Reference Number in the form?

Thank you very much for a favourable response.

God bless you!

The receipt Number and transaction references would be generated after you pay. Either through pay direct or quickteller.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ogunleyesijibomi: 12:25pm On May 16, 2021
Anon123:

Have you applied for uour visa and its not indicated on your portal medical not received?
What's the procedure for medical bro?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Restoredglory: 12:47pm On May 16, 2021
I was about asking the same question?

madamg:

Please is there a Whatsapp group for NSCC applicants?

(1) (2) (3) ... (693) (694) (695) (696) (697) (698) (699) ... (736)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.