Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,058 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (272) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (905780 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Treasure134: 3:52pm On Mar 23, 2022
I swear to God I'm really grateful I'm for real grateful

Bobomaigida:

Send to Nairobi and Lagos
You can submit only once
Temporary residence online
Yes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lekiboboe: 4:02pm On Mar 23, 2022
Greenwisher:
Guys I'm still looking for a school to run masters or pgd in business administration or management.

https://www.nairaland.com/6957495/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/230#111060488
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by AbionaT(f): 4:10pm On Mar 23, 2022
emmalextemtop:
Hello ooooO!

Àrá ìlé èbàmí yóóóÓ, i just got my PPR!

See me this time yesterday dEy ask about and complain about emails..., uhm nawah oO.

Canada mehhhn.

I dEy come abEg!
Congratulations, may Canada favour you in Jesus name.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by 4realwoman: 4:11pm On Mar 23, 2022
emmalextemtop:
Hello ooooO!

See me this time yesterday dEy ask about and complain about emails..., uhm nawah oO.

Canada mehhhn.

I dEy come abEg!
Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Julmbachu: 4:12pm On Mar 23, 2022
emmalextemtop:
Hello ooooO!

Canada mehhhn.

I dEy come abEg!
Congratulations! I’m happy for you. I’ll also testify on this platform by God’s grace.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ketima: 4:16pm On Mar 23, 2022
Treasure134:
For real I know and I'm just here to do it correctly with the help of you guys please I'm not trying to spam or rant till you guys are fed up please no vex please

I'm not really. Just concerned with the delay as IRCC decisions are taking per sec per sec. So please do ok. Don't wait anymore.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Greenwisher: 4:17pm On Mar 23, 2022
Olashile147:

Langara college is good for Post degree in business management.

Thank you Olashile

I will check out
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Oluwanishore(f): 4:26pm On Mar 23, 2022
kweje:

Do check page 1 of this thread, the information you seek is there. You can read first 10pages to also help your understanding.

It will also almost all your questions.

All the best with your application.

Thanks for your response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Oluwanishore(f): 4:28pm On Mar 23, 2022
Ketima:

Hello Oluwanishore,

As directed by others, page 1 has Info on what you need.

But then, you can generate all those forms after answering the questionnaire. So, do well to answer the questionnaire correctly, at the end, all the IMM forms and sections required for you, your spouse, and your child will be made available on your GCkey for your download and filling.

All the best

Many thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ligxy(f): 4:31pm On Mar 23, 2022
emmalextemtop:
Hello ooooO!

Canada mehhhn.

I dEy come abEg!
Congratulations oo

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ligxy(f): 4:50pm On Mar 23, 2022
Saidat006:
Please I want to know how much someone will have as a student and a sponsorer. What am saying in essence is how much will I have because I will be sponsoring myself.please I need this urgently
According to the gurus here, you'll need to have your full tuition fees and extra $10k CAD for your upkeep, minimum. If you're married with kids, you'll need to show money for their upkeep too, covering the duration of your study.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by adepeju1911: 4:50pm On Mar 23, 2022
emmalextemtop:
Hello ooooO!

Canada mehhhn.

I dEy come abEg!

Congratualations

Oluwaseun

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ligxy(f): 4:57pm On Mar 23, 2022
Oluwanishore:
Hi everyone, I have been following this forum for sometime now and I must say you all are doing a great job with your helpful tips and detailed information, God bless you all.
Please I'd like to know the necessary IMM forms I need to fill for myself, my child and spouse as I apply for my study visa (they would be accompanying me). Also, the necessary docs/ information i need to upload for them alongside mine. Kindly reply with helpful information. Thanks in advance.
I'll advise you to go through the thread from page one, you don't have to read every word, search for people's timelines and list out the documents they listed on their posts, especially people with similar case as yours, by the time you're through, you will be able to list what you need even in your sleep. grin grin

All the best!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Heffalump(m): 5:02pm On Mar 23, 2022
Lekiboboe:

Thanks Chief, we thank God

Some things about my post that time would likely be obsolete by now
I will suggest you go through LEGACYEDITION'S detailed Landing Gist, cos it's very recent, he posted it in Parts
See the link below for that
https://www.nairaland.com/6957495/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/195#110849396

Thanks very much.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ligxy(f): 5:03pm On Mar 23, 2022
Treasure134:
I swear to God I'm really grateful I'm for real grateful
Go and do it first, then, come back and be grateful.
I understand your anxiety tho. Don't worry, it'll end in praises.. smiley
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Saidat006: 5:04pm On Mar 23, 2022
What I mean is that after I have submitted and fill my application form,should I still leave the said money in the account or I can use it for other things pending the time the visa will be approved
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 5:33pm On Mar 23, 2022
Saidat006:
What I mean is that after I have submitted and fill my application form,should I still leave the said money in the account or I can use it for other things pending the time the visa will be approved

You can use it for other things, but you must be ready to replenish it any moment if called upon.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by tonnymexx: 5:43pm On Mar 23, 2022
Hello gurus,

I want to apply for study visa for my younger brother. Am thinking to use two bank statement 1 from myself and other from a family friend. But both of us have CAC documents but that our family friend has more money cos he is into clearing and forwarding job. Am thinking if I can use the two statement to boost the chances of getting visa.

Please gurus how do I relate it?
What documents do I need to get from both sides?
Will each of us write letter of sponsorship?
Or should I sponsor him without involving our family friend?

Please help me how to do this application a successful one?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Itunnuuu(f): 5:44pm On Mar 23, 2022
Good day everyone,sorry I’m new here…so I got my student permit in January but while applying for it I applied using an undergraduate admission letter,Now I want to change to a masters program.please is it possible and how do I go about it??

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by SeyiMiilan: 5:50pm On Mar 23, 2022
Hello @Teemenzo, thank you very much, you have been very helpful.

Regarding countries he visited, he told me he has visited Saudi and UAE. He also mentioned those are the three countries he has applied for visa.

I hope you get your TRV soon.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by SeyiMiilan: 5:51pm On Mar 23, 2022
hello @Anon123,
can i message you privately please?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by EnglandAmaka(f): 6:00pm On Mar 23, 2022
Good day all. Please i have some questions...

1. Can someone get a study permit for a certificate course in Canada so easily especially if it's not related to what you studied in your undergrad?

2. If you apply for a study permit, can you get the permit in under 30 days for courses starting in May?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by KellyKk: 6:04pm On Mar 23, 2022
emmalextemtop:

Can you imagine, na yesterday night, middle of the night. And this morning by around 10a.m i saw
You mean your eligibility started yesterday night and got a decision this morning

Pls do quick and drop timeline sir , we wey eligibility never start let’s use am hold body

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by vegaz: 6:08pm On Mar 23, 2022
I was finally able to pay my application fee today, and on clicking submit I was notified that the program was close for fall intake. The program I applied for is Computer Application Development, I have a Bsc Physics. Does anyone have an idea if it’s okay for me to apply for IT infrastructure program with my background in physics? The school I’m applying to is Conestoga college.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Frankrobbn1: 6:11pm On Mar 23, 2022

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teemenzo: 6:14pm On Mar 23, 2022
SeyiMiilan:
Hello @Teemenzo, thank you very much, you have been very helpful.

Regarding countries he visited, he told me he has visited Saudi and UAE. He also mentioned those are the three countries he has applied for visa.

I hope you get your TRV soon.

You are welcome, so look into those countries. Which ones did he spend beyond expected time and if there are any refusals before.

Amen to your prayer. Olorun a ya wa lenu
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by reginacealis: 6:20pm On Mar 23, 2022
Thanks

kweje:

According to IRCC website. You need to show your 1yr tuition fees and 1 yr living expenses (about 10,000CAD). I have seen it mentioned that you also need an extra of 3,000cad for miscellaneous( please house you can correct this if i am wrong).

If its 2 years diploma and you can show the 2 year tuition then fine.

They are more interested in the source of funds and that the source that can continue to fund you and not just the bank balance. Get documents to show the source of funds too.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Frankrobbn1: 6:29pm On Mar 23, 2022
nairagrounds:
From when can a fall 2022 student who already had a TRV enter Canada and be admissible? I've heard about a month before the start of a program. But I want to know how soon someone can travel. Thanks.

If you've a family member in Canada, you can travel two months before the start of your program. You need a letter of invitation which you will declare at the point of entry to the immigration officer. The letter should state that you will be staying in the relatives place for a short period pending when school resumes.

It will end in praise

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Frankrobbn1: 6:31pm On Mar 23, 2022
Kosizo:
Good afternoon all, I’m a graduate of electrical/electronic engineering (2.2) please which universities i can apply for with my grades for masters.

You don't qualify for a masters with a 2.2 grade in electrical and electronics engineering. The best option for you is to apply for a PGC course that must align with your work experience. I will recommend Conestoga College.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by adeyinkaadetunj: 6:31pm On Mar 23, 2022
Maypearl:
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just received my PPR. I feel like crying, I feel like jumping, I feel like screamingggggggg.

First my timeline so the family will not roast me alive.

Portal type: Old portal
Application series: S30465####
Upfront medical - 9 November, 2021
Application submitted - Thursday, 18 November 2021
Biometric request - Friday, 19 November 2021
Biometric done and updated - Monday, 22 November 2021
Medical Passed - Thursday, 23 December 2021
Eligibility started - Thursday, 10 February 2022
First and only ghost update - Wednesday, 16 March 2022
PPR - Thursday, 17 March 2022

17 weeks on the dot.

In January I sent a lot of emails and like three webforms. All I got was generic responses. I needed a decision because the last day to pay my 1st term fees or withdraw and be eligible for full refund (excluding deposit of $1000) was on the 28th. My program doesn't do deferral but they said they could assure us of a readmission for fall term, we would only have to pay the application fee of $100 but we won't have to pay a deposit of $1000 again because it would be moved to fall. Like 4 of my course mates (1 Nigerian and 3 Indians) too this offer and withdraw and I was tempted to take this offer too; but my sister (my sponsor) said no, I should have faith (funny thing she is not a believer of faith, and she is very logical and basis her decisions on concrete facts and not hope). I paid my fees on the last day (I sent the fee receipt payment through a webform) and continued with the program online. Everyone was online including domestic students because of the Omicron variant. But they resumed in-person/hybrid 2 weeks ago. And believe me, I thought online classes was bad, but hybrid is way worse. I didn't send any emails or webforms after January and I even applied for a remote job for a US company to keep me distracted (I got the job too, and resumed this week). I later decided to order for my gcms notes on the 4th of March, though I don't think it caused my decision to arrive 2 weeks after. I got my PPR without them even asking me for an updated LOA to ensure I was still enrolled.

My background
Bsc in Architecture from University of Nigeria (UNN)
Program in Canada: Masters in Digital Media from Ryerson University (I explained I was focusing on Virtual and Augmented Reality in my sop, I will post my sop draft here for anyone who needs inspiration. Please inspiration, do not copy exactly)
3+ year work experience in architecture and construction (was never a full time worker, only during nysc, was always an independent contracted designer, submitted my last contract).

I will post my documents shortly, my new boss keeps sending tasks to do.

Please, did your application processed at visa office Nairobi, Kenya? because I submitted on November 17th my own medical was updated on 23 December, my is S30464####. Up till this moment I haven't received any ghost update and decision.....But I mail the and said my application is queue processing.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Frankrobbn1: 6:33pm On Mar 23, 2022
Papapa1234:
Hello Nairalanders,

I am yet to do my upfront medicals as there is no date in Qlife until June..

And my program starts by May..should I just wait to get medical request ? What can I do?

Qlife is not the only IRCC authorised panel physician. Why not try book appointment in person with IOM at Isaac John, Ikeja GRA.

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Aissy: 6:40pm On Mar 23, 2022
Frankrobbn1:

If you've a family member in Canada, you can travel two months before the start of your program. You need a letter of invitation which you will declare at the point of entry to the immigration officer. The letter should state that you will be staying in the relatives place for a short period pending when school resumes.

It will end in praise
and please what if you don’t have a family member?

(1) (2) (3) ... (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) ... (920)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.