Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,577 members, 7,823,509 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (330) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (915836 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Francieuche: 7:11pm On Apr 04, 2022
Who has heard from University of New Brunswick recently?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by DestinationCann: 7:26pm On Apr 04, 2022
Which campus?

Francieuche:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by canada2022: 7:31pm On Apr 04, 2022
Francieuche:

that school no serious at all. Applied since September last year yet no response.

they better refund my application fee
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Francieuche: 7:34pm On Apr 04, 2022
DestinationCann:
Which campus?

Saint John
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Electroweb(m): 7:36pm On Apr 04, 2022
MrCodeKnight:
The choice is yours, you can decide to apply for his study permit here or wait until you get to the POE.
With a US passport, your child can enter a lot of countries without visa, and Canada is one of such countries. Yes, his US passport is sufficient to board a plane. The document compression was the hardest part for me, I initially started the application with the new portal, which is 2MB limit, before I found out I was using the wrong portal. SOWP can only be applied for via the old portal. I use a mac, which made it slightly easier to work with pdf documents, however, the sites below helped quite a bit. If you have a lot of documents, I would suggest you use the old portal.

Sites you can try:
https://smallpdf.com/
https://www.pdf2go.com/

Ok. Thanks for the pointers
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Francieuche: 7:38pm On Apr 04, 2022
canada2022:

that school no serious at all. Applied since September last year yet no response.

they better refund my application fee
If I had known would have applied to another school too now ASUU strike I can't do.anything for now..God have mercy on me...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Samxx: 7:44pm On Apr 04, 2022
New Account guys
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by MightyRance(m): 7:46pm On Apr 04, 2022
Hello Gurus.

I did my upfront medicals and I submitted my application on 23rd of March and did my biometrics on 24th.

Till date, my medicals hasn’t been updated.
I’M WORRIED.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by canada2022: 7:49pm On Apr 04, 2022
MightyRance:
Hello Gurus.

I did my upfront medicals and I submitted my application on 23rd of March and did my biometrics on 24th.

Till date, my medicals hasn’t been updated.
I’M WORRIED.

Chill ok..........medicals will be updated later. you are on track
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by canada2022: 7:51pm On Apr 04, 2022
please must i put my signature on my SOP
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Omiinii: 7:58pm On Apr 04, 2022
They might not even ask you bruh. Lol You must be tensed. This like the 3rd time you asking. Print a valid bank statement not more than a month old incase you're asked.
feistymikey:
Please those of use we sponsor’s statement of account? How do we prove our funds at the port of entry?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Omiinii: 8:05pm On Apr 04, 2022
No need for that sire
canada2022:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by WiZiggy: 8:05pm On Apr 04, 2022
Congratulations dear it ended in praise Please can you share the consultant details?
DestinationCann:
Visitor. Toddler na baby less than 2 years old.

I used the services of a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant, he did everything on his immigration account.

When I asked him if he used old or new portal, he said they don't have such that he used his portal.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by canada2022: 8:06pm On Apr 04, 2022
Omiinii:
No need for that sire

thanks boss
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Fabprincely: 8:07pm On Apr 04, 2022
Good evening house, Please I want to confirm if someone that applied through the new portal shd upload Imm forms..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Armah22: 8:16pm On Apr 04, 2022
canada2022:

no
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Armah22: 8:16pm On Apr 04, 2022
Fabprincely:
Good evening house, Please I want to confirm if someone that applied through the new portal shd upload Imm forms..
no
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by DestinationCann: 8:20pm On Apr 04, 2022
MBA?

Francieuche:

Saint John
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Activateoluwase: 8:28pm On Apr 04, 2022
Submitted- December 16th
Upfront Medicals - November 29th
Medicals updated to passed - December 23th
Eligibility review started- February 9th
First Ghost update - Feb 18th
Second Ghost update - Feb 25th
Criminality passed
Eligibility - Recommended interview
I received a mail from IRCC today saying they will get back to me In 10 business days

Awaiting PPR

buckyfof:
Hello guys

For those of us waiting for PPR

Please quote this message with your submission date. Medicals and eligibility date if it has started.

I want to see something

Mine
Submitted- October 14th
Medicals - October 25th
Eligibility- December 20th
Ghost update - March 15th

Thanks guys.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Olacherry: 8:29pm On Apr 04, 2022
Folaf:
Long post Alert⚠️
PPR Timeline – 1st time Applicant (No Agent, No Travel History, GCKEY)
University of Windsor (Materials Chemistry and Engineering; 2years (16 months) May 2022)

Jan 11th Submission
Jan 13th Biometrics Completed
Feb 3rd Upfront Medical
Feb 23th Medical updated
Mar 16th Eligibility Review

Mar 25th PPR
Mar 26th Passport sent to VFS, Abuja through DHL
Mar 31st Passport picked by DHL from VFS, Abuja
April 1st Letter of Introduction dropped on CIC portal and Stamped Passport Received (PPR date to Study end date + additional 3 months)

N.B - Stamped passport was returned with all the documents I submitted with it.

Congratulations on your PPR.

Kindly share IOM email you used in contacting them.

Sponsor: Husband but all the money was in my account; used as family account but it's my husband that sends money to it most times (Husband Acct Closing balance was 2M+)

Documents Submitted: I created Table of Content and page numbers for each sections (Not Clickable)
Proof of Means of Financial Support
1. Tuition Deposit Receipts of $4,000 CAD (paid twice $3990.66 and $20; exchange rate effect, so 2 receipts submitted)
2. MyBank Statement Certificate (Savings Account); Closing balance of ₦18M (Approximately $55K CAD)
3. MyBank Statement Certificate (Salary Account); Closing balance of ₦1M (Approximately $3K CAD)
4. Cooperative Savings Letter as proof of my savings
5. Reference Letter from my Previous Employer
6. My Current Employment Letter
7. My Confirmation Letter
8. My Promotion Letter
9. My Work ID Card
10. My Pay Slips (6 months)
11. My Retirement Savings Account with a closing Balance of ------NGN as of January 2022
12. Spouse’s Affidavit of Sponsorship
13. Spouse’s Letter of Sponsorship
14. Spouse’s MyBank Statement Certificate
15. Spouse’s Pay Slips (6 months)
16. Spouse’s Retirement Savings Account with a closing Balance of ------ NGN as of December 2021
17. Spouse’s Work ID Card
18. Spouse’s Employment Letter
19. Spouse’s Promotion Letters
20. 1 Property Valuation Report and Land Survey Plan documents in spouse's name (Valued at 41M; Approximately $125,000 CAD)
21. Spouse’s Money Appreciation and Children Educational Policy Insurance Plans
Client Information
1. Letter of Explanation
2. My Curriculum Vitae
3. West African Examinations Council
4. Bachelor of Science Degree in Biochemistry Certificate
5. Bachelor of Science Degree in Biochemistry Transcript
6. Master of Business Administration (Executive) Statement of Results
7. Undergraduate Scholarship
8. Institute of Public Analyst of Nigeria (IPAN) Membership Certificate
9. Institute of Public Analyst of Nigeria (IPAN) 2021 MCPD Workshop Certificate
10. PECB Certified ISO 17025/IEC Lead Assessor Certificate
11. Police Character Certificate
12. My Birth Certificate
13. Declaration of Names
14. Marriage Certificate
15. Change of Name News Paper Publication
16. My National Identity Slip (NIN Slip)
17. National Youth Service Corps Certificate
18. Volunteering – Community Letter of Commendation
19. Volunteering – National Youth Service Letter of Commendation
20. Volunteering – Millenium Development Goal Advocacy Program
21. Spouse’s International Passport Bio-data page
22. Children's International Passport Bio-data pages
23. Spouse’s Birth Certificate
24. Children's Birth Certificates
25. Parent’s National Identity Slips
26. Siblings IDs (1 is a PR holder)
27. My Mother’s Affidavit of support for Children’s Care

Facts about my SOP (7 pages)
• I called it Letter of Explanation (That is what I saw on the IRCC portal).
• It was written by me within 3 weeks, with the help of the Almighty God. Contributions were made by my husband, 2 student already in Canada, I also got a contact from Nairaland, already in canada whom I sent it to for review and he shared an SOP (an extract) with me. I added somethings from the extract to my SOP.
• I used this format: Introduction, Academic background and Work Experience (BSc. Biochemistry; completed 2008, MBA; completed November, 2021 and 10years work experience), Why I decided to study the course, Career aspiration and Volunteering experience (I added my volunteer experience because I read that it is appreciated), why school of choice, Why Canada, Proof of Means of Financial support (I created 2 tables, one showed expense and the second table showed amount available; Rella; OJC group also affirm this format when I shared with her). I had 2 lump sums: 7.5M from my co-operative savings which was transferred to my account on 04.01.2022 and my husband transferred 5M to me; a day before I submitted my application (I contacted @TheGabby; OJC group who advised that my husband should transfer it and not leave it in his account)
• Home ties: Family ties and Economic ties - My husband and Children, my professional membership and responsibility, aged parent (my mum will take care of the children to enable me focus on my studies and not be distracted), prospect of the course I’m going for and increased earning power when I return, Impact on Africa Continental free Trade Area (AfCFTA).

Stages of Anxiety
• Medical Update: Feb 3rd IOM, but was not updated until Feb 23rd. This took long compared to the timelines I’ve being seeing (I did not receive mail from IOM after medical, so I contacted them and they sent my result and informed me that it has been forwarded to IRCC).
N.B: NO Webform was sent until it was updated.
• Passport sent to Abuja: When my passport was delivered by DHL to VFS for stamping on the 28th March, 2022, there was no acknowledgement email, I had to mail them before they sent my tracking number (4 mails was then received within few minutes intervals). Whenever I track it on the VFS site, the same message (application is under process at the IRCC office) is what was displayed for 4days. On the 4th day (31st March, 2022), I sent a mail to VFS Abuja to let me know the true status of the passport sent to them for stamping. Few minutes later, I received a mail from them stating that decision envelope has been dispatched (different message from what is shown when I track it on VFS Portal). About 3 hours later, I received 2 emails that the decision envelope has been received from VFS, Abuja at CVAC, Abuja and has been collected from CVAC, Abuja. (I checked my IRCC portal and Counterfoil just updated; No email received from CIC)
• Passport picked by DHL from VFS Abuja on the same day; 31st March, 2022

How I coped with the anxiety
• I prayed to God (I’m a Christian)
• I surf nairaland for any info, a lot of screenshots to read over and over again
• OJC group chats

Note: I decided to do it myself because of the experience I had with a college admission gotten through a popular person/company on Instagram offering a free admission processing (but high exchange rate for application fee). When I got access to the application, he used an unknown person as my next of kin and included unknown number as my next of kin contact. I changed it on the portal and when I complained, he said it doesn’t matter. I was shocked and right there, I made up my mind to secure another admission (University) and apply for the student visa myself which I did with the help of the Almighty God.

It has indeed ended in praises.

To all PPR hopefuls, I wish you all the best and to those keeping all the do-it-yourself platform active, thank you so much.

Congratulations on your PPR. Please share IOM’s email address you used in contacting them on the status of your medicals.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chimzy4real: 8:32pm On Apr 04, 2022
Concordia university montreal and concordia university of edmonton. Please anyone has an idea which has a higher acceptance rate and lower tuition
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Glowingx: 8:38pm On Apr 04, 2022
Hi guys,
I would appreciate your thoughts, does a fully online pgd certificate program affect PPR/ student visa approval ? Like do I need to proof why I need to land to school.
Thanks for your input
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Best256: 8:39pm On Apr 04, 2022
kweje:

Check on Technix, Makano… they have been referenced severally in the group.

All the best

Okay, appreciate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Best256: 8:43pm On Apr 04, 2022
Hello Technix and Makano, pls check ur mails
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by feistymikey(m): 8:45pm On Apr 04, 2022
Lol you got me bro…. I no won go f*ck up for port of entry. You mean I can use my sponsor’s recent bank statement yeah?
Omiinii:
They might not even ask you bruh. Lol You must be tensed. This like the 3rd time you asking. Print a valid bank statement not more than a month old incase you're asked.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by kweje: 8:50pm On Apr 04, 2022
Benwems:

is it true that if you exist canada(visit Nigeria) during your study or during your PGWP you would be given PR or you wouldn't be eligible for PR?

I don’t think that is true. Study permits visa are multiple entries visas which means you can enter, leave and return to Canada while on the visa.

I stand to be corrected.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 8:53pm On Apr 04, 2022
Chimzy4real:
Concordia university montreal and concordia university of edmonton. Please anyone has an idea which has a higher acceptance rate and lower tuition
I do not know about Edmonton but by his grace I will be in Concordia Montreal soon. I did not have my ielts while I was applying. I applied to 5 schools only CU Montreal gave me admission.
Spread your net, apply to different schools to make your chance better
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chimzy4real: 8:56pm On Apr 04, 2022
Thanks and congratulations. I tap into this
What course?

Calmdancer21:

I do not know about Edmonton but by his grace I will be in Concordia Montreal soon. I did not have my ielts while I was applying. I applied to 5 schools only CU Montreal gave me admission.
Spread your net, apply to different schools to make your chance better

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Osemigho: 8:59pm On Apr 04, 2022
mrprolifik:

Yes its possible to get your PR after one year post study via the New Brunswick pnp pathway , that's if you are sure of landing a skilled job with a permanent contract after study . I think you just need to work for a minimum of 6months in the province to be able to qualify.
Take time to read about the New Brunswick provincial nominee program .

Too much risks. It takes some people 1 year or even more to get a professional job that will likely qualify for most PNP. 1 year PGWP is a risk that should be avoided at the admission stage if you can.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Osemigho: 9:01pm On Apr 04, 2022
marexluv:
Hello house, I am new here. I have a few questions;
1. Please where can I find the WhatsApp group chat everyone is talking about
2. Please who applied for Economics in Univerity of Lethbridge for maters and have heard from them.
3. Please join me in prayers to gain admission.
I didn't think getting admitted will be this difficult. I can't even imagine how the visa process will be. But with faith, I want to start writing my SOP and start gathering my document. Please any advice will also be really appreciated.

Thank you

It is always advisable to apply to more than 1 school. I will advise you to start looking at PGD as a back up if you can afford it. You won't pay fees or anything until you hear from UofLethbridge.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Josh3322: 9:30pm On Apr 04, 2022
Please which way is the best to send additional documents, email or webform?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 9:43pm On Apr 04, 2022
While I understand your point of view, I want to make it clear that It's not a risk if you have prepared and mapped out your strategies to get PR after 1 year course.

If one year course is your only ladder to get to Canada, please don't hesitate to climb it because if you don't have enough funds for 2 year course to convince the visa officer, you may likely not even leave Nigeria.

Are you aware you only need to study in New Brunswick for 6 months without a job offer to get eligible for PNP?

Are you aware that if you target IT courses, Health courses among others, your chances of getting a white collar job is very high? Android Developers, Mobile Developers, Web Developers, Data Analylist/Scientists, Personal Care Support Workers etc are in high demand.
If I could get an interview from Canada just because I learned Android Programming without even working in that line, how much more would it be if I was physically present there!

You don't need to work in the profession relating to your course of study. You only need to secure a job in NOCs A, B or C to qualify for CEC.

Are you aware of 1+1 course strategy?

Are you aware of Manitoba MPNP that requires connection to the province?

Are you aware of Saskatchewan Tech and SINP?

Your point of high risk is for those who do not have many strategies mapped out before studying.

Let us also weigh in the worst case scenario, if I can add Canadian 1 year course to my EE profile or some PNP profiles, I am damn sure I will qualify for PR.

RNIMP is also there, just study in either Ontario, Manitoba or BC, RNIMP is looking for you. Apart from these three provinces, many other provinces are looking for graduates for RNIMP.

All you need do is to arm yourself to the teeth with good and correct information and don't say "I must live in Ontario or BC" when Saskatchewan, Manitoba, PEI, NFL etc are looking for you.

Osemigho:

Too much risks. It takes some people 1 year or even more to get a professional job that will likely qualify for most PNP. 1 year PGWP is a risk that should be avoided at the admission stage if you can.

15 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) ... (920)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.