Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,605 members, 7,823,633 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:43 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (332) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (915877 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by sinorte: 7:14am On Apr 05, 2022
Congratulations

Folaf:
Long post Alert⚠️
PPR Timeline – 1st time Applicant (No Agent, No Travel History, GCKEY)
University of Windsor (Materials Chemistry and Engineering; 2years (16 months) May 2022)

Jan 11th Submission
Jan 13th Biometrics Completed
Feb 3rd Upfront Medical
Feb 23th Medical updated
Mar 16th Eligibility Review
Mar 25th PPR
Mar 26th Passport sent to VFS, Abuja through DHL
Mar 31st Passport picked by DHL from VFS, Abuja
April 1st Letter of Introduction dropped on CIC portal and Stamped Passport Received (PPR date to Study end date + additional 3 months)

N.B - Stamped passport was returned with all the documents I submitted with it.

Sponsor: Husband but all the money was in my account; used as family account but it's my husband that sends money to it most times (Husband Acct Closing balance was 2M+)

Documents Submitted: I created Table of Content and page numbers for each sections (Not Clickable)
Proof of Means of Financial Support
1. Tuition Deposit Receipts of $4,000 CAD (paid twice $3990.66 and $20; exchange rate effect, so 2 receipts submitted)
2. MyBank Statement Certificate (Savings Account); Closing balance of ₦18M (Approximately $55K CAD)
3. MyBank Statement Certificate (Salary Account); Closing balance of ₦1M (Approximately $3K CAD)
4. Cooperative Savings Letter as proof of my savings
5. Reference Letter from my Previous Employer
6. My Current Employment Letter
7. My Confirmation Letter
8. My Promotion Letter
9. My Work ID Card
10. My Pay Slips (6 months)
11. My Retirement Savings Account with a closing Balance of ------NGN as of January 2022
12. Spouse’s Affidavit of Sponsorship
13. Spouse’s Letter of Sponsorship
14. Spouse’s MyBank Statement Certificate
15. Spouse’s Pay Slips (6 months)
16. Spouse’s Retirement Savings Account with a closing Balance of ------ NGN as of December 2021
17. Spouse’s Work ID Card
18. Spouse’s Employment Letter
19. Spouse’s Promotion Letters
20. 1 Property Valuation Report and Land Survey Plan documents in spouse's name (Valued at 41M; Approximately $125,000 CAD)
21. Spouse’s Money Appreciation and Children Educational Policy Insurance Plans
Client Information
1. Letter of Explanation
2. My Curriculum Vitae
3. West African Examinations Council
4. Bachelor of Science Degree in Biochemistry Certificate
5. Bachelor of Science Degree in Biochemistry Transcript
6. Master of Business Administration (Executive) Statement of Results
7. Undergraduate Scholarship
8. Institute of Public Analyst of Nigeria (IPAN) Membership Certificate
9. Institute of Public Analyst of Nigeria (IPAN) 2021 MCPD Workshop Certificate
10. PECB Certified ISO 17025/IEC Lead Assessor Certificate
11. Police Character Certificate
12. My Birth Certificate
13. Declaration of Names
14. Marriage Certificate
15. Change of Name News Paper Publication
16. My National Identity Slip (NIN Slip)
17. National Youth Service Corps Certificate
18. Volunteering – Community Letter of Commendation
19. Volunteering – National Youth Service Letter of Commendation
20. Volunteering – Millenium Development Goal Advocacy Program
21. Spouse’s International Passport Bio-data page
22. Children's International Passport Bio-data pages
23. Spouse’s Birth Certificate
24. Children's Birth Certificates
25. Parent’s National Identity Slips
26. Siblings IDs (1 is a PR holder)
27. My Mother’s Affidavit of support for Children’s Care

Facts about my SOP (7 pages)
• I called it Letter of Explanation (That is what I saw on the IRCC portal).
• It was written by me within 3 weeks, with the help of the Almighty God. Contributions were made by my husband, 2 student already in Canada, I also got a contact from Nairaland, already in canada whom I sent it to for review and he shared an SOP (an extract) with me. I added somethings from the extract to my SOP.
• I used this format: Introduction, Academic background and Work Experience (BSc. Biochemistry; completed 2008, MBA; completed November, 2021 and 10years work experience), Why I decided to study the course, Career aspiration and Volunteering experience (I added my volunteer experience because I read that it is appreciated), why school of choice, Why Canada, Proof of Means of Financial support (I created 2 tables, one showed expense and the second table showed amount available; Rella; OJC group also affirm this format when I shared with her). I had 2 lump sums: 7.5M from my co-operative savings which was transferred to my account on 04.01.2022 and my husband transferred 5M to me; a day before I submitted my application (I contacted @TheGabby; OJC group who advised that my husband should transfer it and not leave it in his account)
• Home ties: Family ties and Economic ties - My husband and Children, my professional membership and responsibility, aged parent (my mum will take care of the children to enable me focus on my studies and not be distracted), prospect of the course I’m going for and increased earning power when I return, Impact on Africa Continental free Trade Area (AfCFTA).

Stages of Anxiety
• Medical Update: Feb 3rd IOM, but was not updated until Feb 23rd. This took long compared to the timelines I’ve being seeing (I did not receive mail from IOM after medical, so I contacted them and they sent my result and informed me that it has been forwarded to IRCC).
N.B: NO Webform was sent until it was updated.
• Passport sent to Abuja: When my passport was delivered by DHL to VFS for stamping on the 28th March, 2022, there was no acknowledgement email, I had to mail them before they sent my tracking number (4 mails was then received within few minutes intervals). Whenever I track it on the VFS site, the same message (application is under process at the IRCC office) is what was displayed for 4days. On the 4th day (31st March, 2022), I sent a mail to VFS Abuja to let me know the true status of the passport sent to them for stamping. Few minutes later, I received a mail from them stating that decision envelope has been dispatched (different message from what is shown when I track it on VFS Portal). About 3 hours later, I received 2 emails that the decision envelope has been received from VFS, Abuja at CVAC, Abuja and has been collected from CVAC, Abuja. (I checked my IRCC portal and Counterfoil just updated; No email received from CIC)
• Passport picked by DHL from VFS Abuja on the same day; 31st March, 2022

How I coped with the anxiety
• I prayed to God (I’m a Christian)
• I surf nairaland for any info, a lot of screenshots to read over and over again
• OJC group chats

Note: I decided to do it myself because of the experience I had with a college admission gotten through a popular person/company on Instagram offering a free admission processing (but high exchange rate for application fee). When I got access to the application, he used an unknown person as my next of kin and included unknown number as my next of kin contact. I changed it on the portal and when I complained, he said it doesn’t matter. I was shocked and right there, I made up my mind to secure another admission (University) and apply for the student visa myself which I did with the help of the Almighty God.

It has indeed ended in praises.

To all PPR hopefuls, I wish you all the best and to those keeping all the do-it-yourself platform active, thank you so much.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by simplysam007: 7:24am On Apr 05, 2022
Zhed:
Kindly share a copy of the SOP with me too. Thanks. hasram2020@yahoo.com

Please I will appreciate if you can share with me too (iamsamuelrotimi@gmail.com)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by DestinationCann: 7:28am On Apr 05, 2022
Thanks Nikky.

Yes ooo, I remember sending you a PM, I was so angry and decided to stop commenting on anything Canada visa cheesy cheesy

Nikky6:
I remember you!!! Congrats hunnay!!!
God did it

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Jessica50: 7:41am On Apr 05, 2022
Nikky6:

Ikeja Gra
https://covid-bookings.afriglobalmedicare.com/booking/ikeja-centre/
You don’t need PCR if you are fully vaccinated na
Egyptair said its a must, I will vex for them if they don't check it after paying for it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by feistymikey(m): 8:04am On Apr 05, 2022
Hi Jessica, how do you know if it’s important for your airline or not?
Jessica50:
Egyptair said its a must, I will vex for them if they don't check it after paying for it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Folaf: 8:17am On Apr 05, 2022
Olacherry:

Congratulations on your PPR. Please share IOM’s email address you used in contacting them on the status of your medicals.

Here is the email

iomlagosmedicalbooking@iom.int
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ItzRay(m): 8:23am On Apr 05, 2022
Good day House,

I got a refusal this morning from IRCC after 4months and 1week of waiting (November 29th applicant). Good the thing my admission is for September 2022 so please I need help/suggestions/advices on how to tackle these refusal reasons though these are generic reasons. I'll order for my GCMS notes today for the detailed refusal reasons by the V.O so i can repackage and reapply when it drops...I'll be in Canada before resumption date in September sha by Gods grace, IRCC cannot stop my shine. Find attached the screenshot.

Thank You.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by MediaLady: 8:25am On Apr 05, 2022
Good day, gurus in the house.

I will be filling an application for my 5 year old, alongside mine. Please, I want to know if he needs to do Medicals as well? I want to book upfront with IOM today.

I appreciate response from everyone.

Cc: lekkiboboe, makano, teemenzo, anon123 and other gurus.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by KellyKk: 8:34am On Apr 05, 2022
[quote author=ItzRay post=111660738]Good day House,

I got a refusal this morning from IRCC after 4months and 1week of waiting (November 29th applicant). Good the thing my admission is for September 2022 so please I need help/suggestions/advices on how to tackle these refusal reasons though these are generic reasons. I'll order for my GCMS notes today for the detailed refusal reasons by the V.O so i can repackage and reapply when it drops...I'll be in Canada before resumption date in September sha by Gods grace, IRCC cannot stop my shine. Find attached the screenshot.

Thank You.

Sorry about your refusal your next app will be approval by God’s grace . ORDER YOUR NOTE to tackle VO concern

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by DestinationCann: 8:54am On Apr 05, 2022
Yes he does.

MediaLady:

I will be filling an application for my 5 year old, alongside mine. Please, I want to know if he needs to do Medicals as well? I want to book upfront with IOM today.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by FAVANA: 9:15am On Apr 05, 2022
Sorry about this, it's a good thing your spirit is still charged. You will get it this time. Once you get your GCMS notes you will get a clearler picture of what to do. You may also consider paying your tuition and also prove that the funds are readily available. It will end in praise for you!
ItzRay:
Good day House,

Thank You.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Beatson: 9:17am On Apr 05, 2022
Yes. Your child will need medical, my 4yr old did during my application.

MediaLady:

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chubbyface: 9:22am On Apr 05, 2022
Chubbyface:
Who got admission and is going to Selkirk College for fall 2020? Let’s link up
Lol I meant fall 2022 sorry
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Donkunxex(m): 9:28am On Apr 05, 2022
feistymikey:
Hi Jessica, how do you know if it’s important for your airline or not?

What’s up bro. Is there a way to contact you ? I see you’re heading to fanshawe in two weeks. I am also leaving around that time.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by MediaLady: 9:40am On Apr 05, 2022
@DestinationCann and @Beatson

Thanks so much for the response, sir/ma.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by efizyhenchmen: 9:40am On Apr 05, 2022
Dear Friends,
Please attached are the concerns of the VO over my application. Kindly advise me on how to tackle it.

Thank you,

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Danikcm: 9:44am On Apr 05, 2022
Hello, people who have sent their passport to vfs, how long did it take to get a confirmation from VFS?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Legacyedition: 9:52am On Apr 05, 2022
ItzRay:
Good day House,

Thank You.

It will finally end in praise. Get set to refire.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Treasure134: 9:53am On Apr 05, 2022
Submitted - March 1st 2022
Biometric - March 9th updated
PPR soon by God's grace

buckyfof:
Hello guys

For those of us waiting for PPR

Please quote this message with your submission date. Medicals and eligibility date if it has started.

I want to see something

Mine
Submitted- October 14th
Medicals - October 25th
Eligibility- December 20th
Ghost update - March 15th

Thanks guys.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by KellyKk: 9:56am On Apr 05, 2022
Legacyedition:

It will finally end in praise. Get set to refire.

Amen

Boss how life in maple � land ?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by MJ1000: 9:56am On Apr 05, 2022
Reapplication Submitted - March 10th 2022
Biometric - March 11th 2022
Upfront medical - March 28th (yet to be updated)

Treasure134:
Submitted - March 1st 2022
Biometric - March 9th updated
PPR soon by God's grace

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by IjeomaChioma: 10:01am On Apr 05, 2022
[quote author=buchito1 post=109710490]With faith, I am booking my PPR alert space

Fresh page, Fresh testimonies. Amen

What God cannot do does not and can never exist!!!

My PPR must drop before the end of next month! ✍️

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

AFTER 2DAYS of posting this grin grin grin grin

LONGGGGGG POST ALERT!!!

Guys I really do not know where to start from!
I'm short of words. God's just too good to fail.
I'm still in shock cause I can't really fathom why my application was this quick or why I was just favoured, but I give God all the glory! For he alone is to be praised!

I've been following this thread for about 4yrs now. Just observing with no plans to submit my application. Was just here for the information basically, and to read people's process (which I enjoyed doing) didn't even know I'd eventually apply.

Time came for me to apply, I was scared to the Bone! I was scared to doing it myself! My sponsor (brother) literally begged me to look for an Agent to handle my application, I was skeptical at first, but I succumbed cause I didn't want any issue or stories that touch.

I contacted an agent on this platform, he charged me 150K for admission and 250K for Visa. My sponsor agreed to pay for the first stage (admission). Las las I eventually paid 190K for only admission!!! Only school admission ohhh!!!

Then it was time for Visa Application, and I was told Visa Fee has increased to 300K. And I was like hell No!!! I no go school? Am I daft? No! I can do this shi# myself. 300K no be 300 naira.

That's how it began, took a leap of faith and decided to do and handle my Visa Process myself, and God blessed me with the GOLDEN Mail (PPR)! Guys please do this stuff yourself!
You can do it! Yes YOU! You can!
There's nobody else that cares about your application than you! You don't need any agents NAIRALAND is the real deal! NAIRALAND taught me everything I know and used to get my Approval.

I'm a FIRST TIME APPLICANT, my timeline goes thus, I used the NEW PORTAL,

Upfront Medicals - 22nd November 2021
Application Submitted - 29th November 2021
Biometrics Completed - 3rd December 2021 (updated same day)
Upfront Medicals Updated - 6th December 2021
Then the wait........................^_^
Eligibility Review Started - 25th January 2022
Then a good man, a blessing, friend turned brother, a brother from another mother, Teemenzo (God bless you for me brother, he has always been with me from the beginning of my application) adviced me to send a mail to Abuja which I did, I eventually, reluctantly sent to everybody (London, Nairobi, Lagos, Abuja) yesterday, 26th of January just to disturb then. Lo and behold, today,
Correspondence Letter and PPR letter - 27th January 2022
(Basically my application took 1 month and 28days)

DOCUMENTS Submitted (APPLICANT) -
SOP
International Passport
Receipt First Semester Tution Deposit (7900 CAD)

Letter Of Acceptance
Gift Deed (Notarized)
Screenshot of Gift Deed
My Bank Statement 7 months. (I formerly had 1.6M in my account , with extra 4M as Gift Deed making it 5.6M I had in my account as at time of submission.)
Transcript
BSC Certificate
Police Certificate
NYSC Certificate
Reference Letter from Bank
Affidavit of Return (Notarized)
Local Government Identification Letter
Parents and Siblings and My Birth Certificates
Reference Letter from my PPA during service
WAEC Result
Covid-19 Vaccination Card
Pictures of me and Sponsor. Pictures of me and Sponsor with my family. (Both new and old)
Upfront Medical Slip
Driver's Licence
NIN Slip

SPONSORSHIP DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED -
MBS Company Account (6 MONTHS)
CAC
Registration of Business Name
Certificate of Identification Number
Sponsorship Letter (Notarized)
Affidavit of Sponsorship (Notarized)
Reference Letter from Bank
Birth Certificate
NIN Slip
Driver's Licence
International Passport
Landed Property's, (Sponsor has like 5 Landed property. Submitted all and their Deed of conveyance
Business ID Card
Invoices, Tellers, Receipts, of Business.

In all, it's been God. God did it for me. And he'll do it for everyone here. Cause he knows why we're here and what we're looking for.
I'd also like to use this medium to appreciate Teemenzo and EyinjuGod. God bless you guys again for everything. You were with me from the start to the end. I'm rooting for you both. My prayers aren't complete yet, till y'all get your PPR's

I also want to appreciate Makano for the series of questions of mine he answered. God bless you boss. Ketima, thank you for always assisting and encouraging everyone. You actually encouraged me to do this myself and I appreciate, Scotisshh (dunno if I got the spelling correctly) your testimony dey come. Lianna aka Rela, thank you for your encouraging email replies.
I also want to thank you all, my fellow Nairalanders for the congratulatory messages and mentions.

If I decide to reply all mentions, I might fill up 5pages of this new thread. God bless you all. I'd also be here to congratulate y'all when your turn comes. All of us go enter this Canada! That's for sure! smiley

BTW, I'm for University Canada West, April intake.
Going for MBA Business Administration. I'm open to connecting with my fellow UCW students or anyone going to Vancouver by April.

Make i stop here. Story don too plenty! grin
Thank you again guys. God bless us all.!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by BenedictStinson(m): 10:03am On Apr 05, 2022
efizyhenchmen:
Dear Friends,
Please attached are the concerns of the VO over my application. Kindly advise me on how to tackle it.

Thank you,
I'm no guru but it states there that your bank statement was not legible so "it wasn't considered". Therefore you have no proof of financial status

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by technix: 10:05am On Apr 05, 2022
Eeya. So sorry about this. It seems that you compressed your spouse's statement of account, and that rendered it illegible.

The other reason is just a consequence of the above.

You just need to reapply with a clear statement of account, and emphasise your employment prospects in Nigeria after your studies.

efizyhenchmen:
Dear Friends,

Thank you,
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lizabeth36(f): 10:07am On Apr 05, 2022
Thanks dear...
Seriously waiting ooo

Nikky6:

My friend!!!! I’m waiting o
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by IjeomaChioma: 10:07am On Apr 05, 2022
Thank you for your story. It is really encouraging me. I gained admission to a school in Canada in March. I applied myself and it was granted. When I got to the Study Permit requirements and all the stories I was hearing, honestly, the anxiety I felt was beyond me and then a friend referred me to this platform, I saw your story and decided to join Nairaland.

Please will it be convenient for you to guide me through the process? Particularly, in a situation where you can't afford the POF, what can one do? Also a guide on the SOP. I will really appreciate it. This is actually my first time applying to any foreign school.

Thank you so much for your help.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Scott99tish(m): 10:08am On Apr 05, 2022
What date are you flying Egyptair
Jessica50:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Omiinii: 10:17am On Apr 05, 2022
Yeah. You could even show them from your phone if you have the E-copy.
feistymikey:
Lol you got me bro…. I no won go f*ck up for port of entry. You mean I can use my sponsor’s recent bank statement yeah?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Legacyedition: 10:23am On Apr 05, 2022
KellyKk:

Amen

Boss how life in maple � land ?

We thank God baba.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 10:28am On Apr 05, 2022
Chimzy4real:
Thanks and congratulations. I tap into this
What course?

information systems security
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by efizyhenchmen: 10:43am On Apr 05, 2022
Thank you!

BenedictStinson:

I'm no guru but it states there that your bank statement was not legible so "it wasn't considered". Therefore you have no proof of financial status

(1) (2) (3) ... (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) ... (920)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.