Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,682 members, 7,813,270 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:58 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (391) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (905374 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Omiinii: 7:34am On Apr 16, 2022
Congratulations in advance
Chyigb:
Good morning
I'm new to nairaland & just joined the forum.

Please I'd appreciate response from people with similar experience, I got refused on my 1st application(Study permit) with my kids in Sept 2021(insufficient funds). I reapplied alone 31st Jan 2022 & got Medical request from IRCC on the 16th of March and it was updated to passed on the 29th of March and no word from them since then. It's making me anxious & wondering what could be responsible for the delay as I noticed that most people get response a week or 2 after medical is sorted.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Munando: 8:14am On Apr 16, 2022
Hello House,

Please is it compulsory to include the birth certificates of my siblings and parents in my study permit application?
Also, must the certificates be from Nigerian Population Commission?
My siblings and I have birth certificates issued by the hospitals where we were born and the certificates all have our parents’ names on them.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Faith550: 8:43am On Apr 16, 2022
Omiinii:
Did you tell them you have a bachelors in your first application? If you didn't you have misrepresented and you need a detailed LOE to vindicate yourself to cover all loopeholes.

However, If you declared as expected then it's no problem going for PGD. as it's a more logical step in progression.
Goodluck

Thanks for your answer. I don't think I told them that I have bsc in my first application. Please do you have anyone that can help me write the LOE.Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by CharitoJames(f): 8:46am On Apr 16, 2022
Scott99tish:
They are still asking for Covid test ?
Omo…

Why ?

Covid vaccination card not Covid test. If you are fully vaccinated then no need for the test, reason it was scrapped because it’s expected that whoever wants to travel should be vaccinated.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Tupalo(f): 9:05am On Apr 16, 2022
olasubomy:

You should use your pension account instead as proof of funds. Proof of funds for Pension is only limited to 25% of the total amount credited to the retirement savings account.

In line with the Pension Reform Act, you can only withdraw a maximum of 25% of the outstanding balance if you are out of a job for up to 4 months and unable to secure another job. That would be the maximum limit you can withdraw when you get to Canada. However, the entire pension account can be used as a home tie to demonstrate that you have a job and cash investment back home.

Your dad is still in active service, so he can't make any withdrawal for now, so it won't fly. Yes, attach your salary account; it proves that you have a job. You can also attach that of your dad if he has sufficient funds. But you will need to attach a statement with a closing balance covering at least your first year of tuition and living expenses. In a few cases, people submitted applications without much money in their account and got approval, but it is better to play it safe by having enough money.

Sometimes, this stuff depends on luck and the God factor, and it just depends on how you can organise your SOP, documents, and application to convince the visa officer.

Thanks so much for this piece, God bless u
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Scott99tish(m): 9:10am On Apr 16, 2022
Kindly read the message I quoted.
Her second flight from Egypt to Toronto. She typed Covid Test.

CharitoJames:

Covid vaccination card not Covid test. If you are fully vaccinated then no need for the test, reason it was scrapped because it’s expected that whoever wants to travel should be vaccinated.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chubbyface: 9:22am On Apr 16, 2022
KellyKk:

Someone got his ppr few months ago with crypto as POF . All you have to do is showing enough prove Like your transactional history , chat with your clients during the trading ( buying and selling ) and other proof to convince VO
Hey this is my situation oo..plz what page was it discussed, let me read through
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Omiinii: 9:25am On Apr 16, 2022
Kindly send me a mail and we can discuss in details
Faith550:

Thanks for your answer. I don't think I told them that I have bsc in my first application. Please do you have anyone that can help me write the LOE.Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Eztosin(m): 9:31am On Apr 16, 2022
Good day everyone here. I just joined this platform yesterday and I just want to ask if anyone here could put me through somethings

I applied for study permit in December 2021. Processed this myself with the help of my dad who is also my sponsor

31st of May I did medicals cos I was tired of waiting. But uptill now the only thing updated in my gc key account is my biometrics since 29th December

Please I'd like to also mention that I already deferred my admission because I got my passport and other documents late.It's past the stipulated time already. I don't know if this is a good sign or something is wrong. The only thing updated is just the Biometrics I did few days after submission. Please I'd appreciate if you could assist me on what steps I could take from here. School resumes by May I don't want to have to reapply all over again. My Dad's spent so much already please.

Thank you, I'll await your prompt response.
Please ����
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Jessica50: 9:44am On Apr 16, 2022
Scott99tish:
Nice one.
No Agricultural declaration or you didn’t carry any food ?
I carried food but they didn't check my bag
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Jessica50: 9:46am On Apr 16, 2022
Scott99tish:
They are still asking for Covid test ?
Omo…

Why ?
No ,they ask for covid test only when you are not fully vaccinated

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Jessica50: 9:47am On Apr 16, 2022
Scott99tish:
I wish you the very best in Canada.
Congrats once again.

May the land Favor you.
I’m traveling with Egyptair in 2 weeks time.
Egyptair is nice , safe journey in advance

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Jessica50: 9:47am On Apr 16, 2022
Lekiboboe:

Legendary YYZ Airport cheesy. God bless your stay in Maple Land
yes o
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Jessica50: 9:49am On Apr 16, 2022
CentennialGuy:

Congrats Jessica. The Land will favour you in Jesus name.
Amen
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Jessica50: 9:49am On Apr 16, 2022
DestinationCann:
Congratulations again Jessica. May Canada favour you.

The landing gist sweet.

thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ojb555666: 9:49am On Apr 16, 2022
Omiinii:
Did you tell them you have a bachelors in your first application? If you didn't you have misrepresented and you need a detailed LOE to vindicate yourself to cover all loopeholes.

However, If you declared as expected then it's no problem going for PGD. as it's a more logical step in progression.
Goodluck
hello Bro, good afternoon.
Please what of someone that already has a bachelor and wants to do an undergraduate certificate program in different course? Any chance for him to get the study permit?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Faith550: 9:57am On Apr 16, 2022
aizebe:
Hello house, I am new here. A friend directly me to this site. Applied for studies permit and was rejected.

Applied Feb 3 2022
Biometric Feb 4th 2022
rejected Feb 12th 2022

Academic Qualifications:
1) Offer letter of admission from the Western University Ontario, Canada.
2) My academic transcripts from Federal University Technology Owerri, Imo State, Nigeria.
3) Ordinary National Diploma - OND Results

Employment:
1) Offer letter from Frinas Associate 2) Salary statement / payslip from Frinas Associate
2) My Resume

Financial Qualification:
1) Statement of account showing savings from my uncle’s bank showing he has over 51 million Naira (USD 122,640.90)
2) Letter of declaration of sponsorship (tuition) from my uncle stating the money in savings account.
3) My Statement of Account showing savings and monthly salary remittances (Naira and USD)
Other Documents:
1) Completed and signed 1MM1294E and 1MM5645E forms.
2) Police Character Certificate
3) Data page of national passport
4) Passport photograph
5) Birth Certificate - Kids and Wife
6) Marriage Certificate
6) Documents to prove identity and incorporation of my Uncle Company.

Thank you for reviewing my application and perusing all the documents. Kindly consider my application for the Canadian study permit.

No personal asset ,No proof tills
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Eztosin(m): 10:06am On Apr 16, 2022
embarassed No one is responding.
Eztosin:
Good day everyone here. I just joined this platform yesterday and I just want to ask if anyone here could put me through somethings

I applied for study permit in December 2021. Processed this myself with the help of my dad who is also my sponsor

31st of May I did medicals cos I was tired of waiting. But uptill now the only thing updated in my gc key account is my biometrics since 29th December

Please I'd like to also mention that I already deferred my admission because I got my passport and other documents late.It's past the stipulated time already. I don't know if this is a good sign or something is wrong. The only thing updated is just the Biometrics I did few days after submission. Please I'd appreciate if you could assist me on what steps I could take from here. School resumes by May I don't want to have to reapply all over again. My Dad's spent so much already please.

Please ����
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Omiinii: 10:23am On Apr 16, 2022
My thought process is to advise you against going for another BSC as it doesn't show progression.

But if you have passion for this new program you're going for. you need a well detailed and explanatory statement of purpose. If you can demonstrate the Reasonableness of your program. You will get your visa regardless.
Ojb555666:
hello Bro, good afternoon.
Please what of someone that already has a bachelor and wants to do an undergraduate certificate program in different course? Any chance for him to get the study permit?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by technix: 10:27am On Apr 16, 2022
Hi, congrats on your admission.

If your PhD funding covers your tuition fee and living expenses (with an excess of 2K and above), you can submit the funding letter alone. If possible, apart from the letter from your supervisor, get a letter from your department that states the tuition and stipend amount simultaneously.

If not, you can combine the funding letter and your personal bank statement.

In any case, please explain clearly in your LOE how your POF covers your annual tuition and living expenses.

Best of luck.

ade279:
URGENT INQUIRY! cry cry

Hello everyone!
First time here... I gained admission for my Ph.D. at the University of Manitoba and it's going to be fully funded by my Ph.D. supervisor. My issue is about the proof of funds. The thing is, I am planning to apply for my study permit through the NSE route. Do I need to submit the 'My Bank Certificate' statement, or is the proof of funds my supervisor would provide sufficient?

Thank you very much!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Gennaayy: 10:29am On Apr 16, 2022
Good day house, I just found this page and I’m very pleased with the level of information already gotten. However, I would appreciate a clarification for the following.

1. I have a bsc in Agric (2:1), currently working in the cyber security field, i would like to apply for a pgd in cyber security next year September to enable me get enough work experience and savings for my tuition fee while I take loan of (10,000 cad) for proof of funds/ living expenses required for study permit visa.

2. Any advice on loan institutions that gives loan for diploma study in canada with no collateral.

3. What are the chances of permanent residency for my choice of study.

4. I have no travel history but I can get a study leave letter from my company( proof of home ties).

Kindly advise on my decision and if its enough to get a study visa. thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nikky6: 10:31am On Apr 16, 2022
Yay!!! May the land Favour you.
Jessica50:
[/b]LANDING GIST!!!

[b]
At Murtala Mohammed Airport
I carried myself to the airport on 13th April 2022 at 9am my flight was by 2pm with Egyptair, I thought I was late guess what I got to Egyptair side and met just 5 people waiting for Egyptair to check our bags. I started taking pictures . finally they started weighing luggages it reached my turn , one was 22kg the other was 26kg , the guy was just looking at me and said "take your time and balance your luggage" he then gave me space to sort my luggage, I balance till it was 24k each, I was fainting in my mind, the guy weighing it said "let me just leave it", afterwards I went to wrap my luggage. I moved to show my documents, this was were I started shouting , I was asked for my Arrive can, covid vaccination card the stupid girl was saying "there is no sign down here" I told her to scan it which she did and it showed completed ,she was still saying something is missing I got angry and told her "if it's money she wants she won't get it from me" she got shocked and gave me my vaccination card and cleared me . Next was one guy asking for enrollment letter and admission letter, that guy made my anger increase ,he started saying he is not seeing where my program begins and ends, I told him to wear my glasses maybe he will see better, he started snapping my documents and said he will report it, I told him to go ahead, he started asking colleague what should he do, his collegue asked him is there a reason to report, he then cleared me, I just took my papers and sighed, people on Egyptair queue were just laughing and said I have scattered table and chairs . Next was to get my flight ticket they scanned my hand luggages and they made up 14kg, I knew that if I said a word now this people will just vex for me, I just gave the girl 1k before she says anything and told her to give me better seat, she gave me window seat for both flight. Immigration was smooth no crowd at all, I remove shoe and scanned my body next thing they seized my perfume, thank God the woman left me with one perfume and said I should do what others are doing , I gladly gave her the sweet money. Then we went to board.
On the flight ,there was leg room, the flight was smooth,I watch film, them the food was delicious, some people were even going to take extra grin.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by CentennialGuy: 10:32am On Apr 16, 2022
Chyigb:
Good morning
I'm new to nairaland & just joined the forum.

Please I'd appreciate response from people with similar experience, I got refused on my 1st application(Study permit) with my kids in Sept 2021(insufficient funds). I reapplied alone 31st Jan 2022 & got Medical request from IRCC on the 16th of March and it was updated to passed on the 29th of March and no word from them since then. It's making me anxious & wondering what could be responsible for the delay as I noticed that most people get response a week or 2 after medical is sorted.

Thank you

Don't worry yourself, it will come. Could be this Tuesday' or Thursday . IRCC can't be predicted in its entirety. Some people's PPR can take up to 3 weeks after a requested medical is passed. So don't stress. Unless you are resuming in May in which case you can send them emails and web form as others have been doing.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Omiinii: 10:32am On Apr 16, 2022
Things you can do to try to expedite your application.
1.)send mails to the addresses enumerated below:
a) nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca
b) lagosimmigration@international.gc.ca
c) nairobi@international.gc.ca
d) london-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

2.) Make enquires through CIC webforms. The link is listed below:
a) https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=Nairobi

3.) Order your case notes to know what stage to which your application is at. Link below:
a) https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en

Good luck

Eztosin:

Please ����

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ninab: 10:33am On Apr 16, 2022
Eztosin:

Because it’s not clear we are not yet in May but you said you did Medicals 31st May

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Tacogado: 10:37am On Apr 16, 2022
Am moved congratulations Jessica May Canada Favour you I tap into this too
Jessica50:
thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by CentennialGuy: 10:54am On Apr 16, 2022
Eztosin:

I want to assume that you meant you did upfront medical on 31st of March not 31st of May as you have written here. I think you should just keep sending your upfront medical slip via email till they update it.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Eztosin(m): 11:07am On Apr 16, 2022
Oh thanks so much. March grin

CentennialGuy:

I want to assume that you meant you did upfront medical on 31st of March not 31st of May as you have written here. I think you should just keep sending your upfront medical slip via email till they update it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Eztosin(m): 11:10am On Apr 16, 2022
So sorry. Medicals was 31st of March
ninab:

Because it’s not clear we are not yet in May but you said you did Medicals 31st May
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Eztosin(m): 11:11am On Apr 16, 2022
I appreciate you. Thank you so much.

Omiinii:
Things you can do to try to expedite your application.
1.)send mails to the addresses enumerated below:
a) nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca
b) lagosimmigration@international.gc.ca
c) nairobi@international.gc.ca
d) london-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

2.) Make enquires through CIC webforms. The link is listed below:
a) https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=Nairobi

3.) Order your case notes to know what stage to which your application is at. Link below:
a) https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en

Good luck

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lianna2020: 11:20am On Apr 16, 2022
Fine thank you.
Hope you good smiley
KellyKk:

Madam itz been a while, how study and life in Canada?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lianna2020: 11:20am On Apr 16, 2022
Eh ya , I’m in Vancouver actually.
Toceen2022:

Hello Mama, are you in BC? If yes, where please?
I've been looking for someone in Victoria all these times, I never see!

(1) (2) (3) ... (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) ... (920)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.