Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,825 members, 7,813,712 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:52 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (390) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (905563 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Jessica50: 12:36am On Apr 16, 2022
[b][/b]CONTINUATION OF LANDING GIST

The only thing I didn't like about Egyptair was there was no WiFi but the rest were on point. Finally we landed at cairo , stayed for 5hrs, it was time to board ,they asked for Arrive Can, Covid test and enrollment letter. We were served 3 rounds of food, I slept off but making sure food doesn't pass me by, after I inclined my seats so I can sleep well.
After 11hrs we got to Canada and went to scan, queue was long but was moving fast , the next queue was the first immigration, I was asked for ArriveCan receipt and passport, in my mind I was like is that all, please screenshot your receipt incase no network to log in and any money you are carrying with you just declare it, I carried all my money I didn't leave any cash in my account thank God I did because my dollar card is not working here at all, I declared the amount I carried they cleared me. I thought it was over ,I meet a shorter queue, this time is where the real exam is, some people were praying ,it got to my turn, I was saying holy ghost fire, the woman asked for my admission letter she held it and told me to login to my student portal ,I logged in with the WiFi, this woman was just acting like I am the cause of her problem, she was checking to see I have any fault, she then saw I declared my cash, she vex and I said the devil is a liar, immediately the woman was like "I don't know what you are mumbling " I just kept shot I cannot reach this far and this woman will chase me to 9ja, she stood up fear catch me, she carried my passport with her then she came back and stamped my passport and arranged my documents for me , I sighed heavily, she then told me welcome to Canada , it was as if breeze was blowing hearing it, she later told me to extend my permit and I will love it here and apologized for making me uncomfortable. In my mind I was like "did this woman come all the way from Murtala Mohammed" it's remaining for her to say "don't you know what others are doing " then I went to declare my bags,thank God I wrapped my bags, the wrapper sef tore small . The Nigerian I met were just thanking God ,we were even singing and praising God and took some pics too.
Immediately I got to the hotel I went to get phone plan , I made sure it was as cheap as anything ,they were helpful and gave me one samsung that they abandoned, I was like the same phone some people in 9ja will behave like they have made it in life is abandoned here . Then I booked appointment to open an account on Monday and also SIN. It's windy and cold . The Indians are lovely they were keeping me company at walmart ,see me crossing road and cars were waiting for me to cross fast, I started cat walking . I must blend quick . thank God I didn't experience jet lag.
Thank you everyone for helping me in one way or the other, for those that have gotten PPR get ready , those that are still waiting you will get it in Jesus name, this canada will reach everybody. It's 7:36pm time to sleep.

64 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lianna2020: 12:53am On Apr 16, 2022
Congratulations
Jessica50:

The only thing I didn't like about Egyptair was there was no WiFi but the rest were on point. Finally we landed at cairo , stayed for 5hrs, it was time to board ,they asked for Arrive Can, Covid test and enrollment letter. We were served 3 rounds of food, I slept off but making sure food doesn't pass me by, after I inclined my seats so I can sleep well.
After 11hrs we got to Canada and went to scan, queue was long but was moving fast , the next queue was the first immigration, I was asked for ArriveCan receipt and passport, in my mind I was like is that all, please screenshot your receipt incase no network to log in and any money you are carrying with you just declare it, I carried all my money I didn't leave any cash in my account thank God I did because my dollar card is not working here at all, I declared the amount I carried they cleared me. I thought it was over ,I meet a shorter queue, this time is where the real exam is, some people were praying ,it got to my turn, I was saying holy ghost fire, the woman asked for my admission letter she held it and told me to login to my student portal ,I logged in with the WiFi, this woman was just acting like I am the cause of her problem, she was checking to see I have any fault, she then saw I declared my cash, she vex and I said the devil is a liar, immediately the woman was like "I don't know what you are mumbling " I just kept shot I cannot reach this far and this woman will chase me to 9ja, she stood up fear catch me, she carried my passport with her then she came back and stamped my passport and arranged my documents for me , I sighed heavily, she then told me welcome to Canada , it was as if breeze was blowing hearing it, she later told me to extend my permit and I will love it here and apologized for making me uncomfortable. In my mind I was like "did this woman come all the way from Murtala Mohammed" it's remaining for her to say "don't you know what others are doing " then I went to declare my bags,thank God I wrapped my bags, the wrapper sef tore small . The Nigerian I met were just thanking God ,we were even singing and praising God and took some pics too.
Immediately I got to the hotel I went to get phone plan , I made sure it was as cheap as anything ,they were helpful and gave me one samsung that they abandoned, I was like the same phone some people in 9ja will behave like they have made it in life is abandoned here . Then I booked appointment to open an account on Monday and also SIN. It's windy and cold . The Indians are lovely they were keeping me company at walmart ,see me crossing road and cars were waiting for me to cross fast, I started cat walking . I must blend quick . thank God I didn't experience jet lag.
Thank you everyone for helping me in one way or the other, for those that have gotten PPR get ready , those that are still waiting you will get it in Jesus name, this canada will reach everybody. It's 7:36pm time to sleep.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lianna2020: 12:57am On Apr 16, 2022
Someone came in two weeks ago and it was the dried turkey that saved her from hunger on flight!!

Ohh she brought milk too lol!

skull4eva:

Please dont carry dried meat and milk ooo. Infact avoid any animal product.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lianna2020: 12:57am On Apr 16, 2022
There’s no substitute for naija food in ca and the prices are ridiculous!!
Onlinedoctor:
Haha, wetin happen. Must you eat naija food in Canada lol. Though for me u can substitute for some foods items in Ca
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Jessica50: 1:03am On Apr 16, 2022
Picture I took in the beautiful pearson airport

31 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teemenzo: 1:07am On Apr 16, 2022
Jessica50:

Congrats Jessica. Your journey was smooth. Your sojourn in the beautiful land will be fruitful.

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lianna2020: 1:09am On Apr 16, 2022
Hello boss,

Long time , how’s our application going?
Teemenzo:

Congrats Jessica. Your journey was smooth. Your sojourn in the beautiful land will be fruitful.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teemenzo: 1:11am On Apr 16, 2022
Lianna2020:
Hello boss,

Long time , how’s our application going?

Mama, IRCC still dey use am as souvenir ooo. Months gone now. No show. Let me mail you.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lianna2020: 1:15am On Apr 16, 2022
We will surely smile at the end and the end is near!
Weldone for staying back to keep the thread alive even in times of uncertainties.grin
Teemenzo:

Mama, IRCC still dey use am as souvenir ooo. Months gone now. No show. Let me mail you.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teemenzo: 1:20am On Apr 16, 2022
Lianna2020:
We will surely smile at the end and the end is near!
Weldone for staying back to keep the thread alive even in times of uncertainties.grin

Always here and always will be. This platform has really transformed me. I can't be an ingrate.

You have done better by staying too. How's your family? When's the proposed time for the cold to end. Cos it seems like a 365days affair.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lianna2020: 1:35am On Apr 16, 2022
Does the cold ever end? Maybe I’d say snow don end for bc. Even with the sun shining bright, it’s still cold.
We just Dey rough am.
Teemenzo:

Always here and always will be. This platform has really transformed me. I can't be an ingrate.

You have done better by staying too. How's your family? When's the proposed time for the cold to end. Cos it seems like a 365days affair.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Jessica50: 1:35am On Apr 16, 2022
Teemenzo:

Amen thank you

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ojb555666: 3:17am On Apr 16, 2022
Ojb555666:
Good day house, please I am about to apply for study permit. Got admission into a college.
Currently based in UAE.
I would like to know where I stand a better chance of getting the Visa between coming back to apply in Nigeria or applying here.
NB: I only have a Nigerian bank account and all my money in Nigeria.
Intending to approach my employer to stand as my sponsor as my current balance won't be enough to cover both school fees and POF.
please any response Brothers.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by WESTERNCR: 3:34am On Apr 16, 2022
Good day house. Pls how long does it take Lagos to stamp visa? It's been 7days now counterfoil hasn't dropped yet
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Donkunxex(m): 3:37am On Apr 16, 2022
danbrahim:
Hello. I am in the process of applying for study visa and I am stuck at gathering documents for Proof of Funds.

My total tuition + transport + living expenses = 41,500 CAD for 2 years. i need to show that I have at least 15,000,000 NGN to cover this expense.

I currently have 10,000,000 NGN (30,392 CAD) in my savings account and 29,000 USD worth of cryptocurrency in my BINANCE wallet.

My question is, Is it possible or acceptable to use my Cryptocurrency Statement of Account as POF?

Please urgent

Not sure if this response is late.

It is not advisable to use your crypto statement of account as proof of funds. Would advice you to liquidate the amount you need to complete your pof to naira, then you can use your Crypto statement of account as “proof of source of the liquidated funds.

For futures trading, you can download your trading history, order history and three to six months crypto profit ( depending on what trading range Binance can give you)

After you compile these documents, you should also explain in your sop how you made those funds in crypto. Don’t just give them the documents and expect them to understand it.

For Spot trading (not my forte), I don’t know much but you could do thesame and also add order history or find a way to proof this to them. You should have access to these data on your Binance trading account. You can download them and somehow explain it in your sop.

Goodluck.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Donkunxex(m): 3:51am On Apr 16, 2022
Jessica50:
[/b]LANDING GIST!!!

[b]
At Murtala Mohammed Airport
I carried myself to the airport on 13th April 2022 at 9am my flight was by 2pm with Egyptair, I thought I was late guess what I got to Egyptair side and met just 5 people waiting for Egyptair to check our bags. I started taking pictures . finally they started weighing luggages it reached my turn , one was 22kg the other was 26kg , the guy was just looking at me and said "take your time and balance your luggage" he then gave me space to sort my luggage, I balance till it was 24k each, I was fainting in my mind, the guy weighing it said "let me just leave it", afterwards I went to wrap my luggage. I moved to show my documents, this was were I started shouting , I was asked for my Arrive can, covid vaccination card the stupid girl was saying "there is no sign down here" I told her to scan it which she did and it showed completed ,she was still saying something is missing I got angry and told her "if it's money she wants she won't get it from me" she got shocked and gave me my vaccination card and cleared me . Next was one guy asking for enrollment letter and admission letter, that guy made my anger increase ,he started saying he is not seeing where my program begins and ends, I told him to wear my glasses maybe he will see better, he started snapping my documents and said he will report it, I told him to go ahead, he started asking colleague what should he do, his collegue asked him is there a reason to report, he then cleared me, I just took my papers and sighed, people on Egyptair queue were just laughing and said I have scattered table and chairs . Next was to get my flight ticket they scanned my hand luggages and they made up 14kg, I knew that if I said a word now this people will just vex for me, I just gave the girl 1k before she says anything and told her to give me better seat, she gave me window seat for both flight. Immigration was smooth no crowd at all, I remove shoe and scanned my body next thing they seized my perfume, thank God the woman left me with one perfume and said I should do what others are doing , I gladly gave her the sweet money. Then we went to board.
On the flight ,there was leg room, the flight was smooth,I watch film, them the food was delicious, some people were even going to take extra grin.

Congrats
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Scott99tish(m): 4:04am On Apr 16, 2022
Nice one.
No Agricultural declaration or you didn’t carry any food ?
Jessica50:
[/b]LANDING GIST!!!

[b]
At Murtala Mohammed Airport
I carried myself to the airport on 13th April 2022 at 9am my flight was by 2pm with Egyptair, I thought I was late guess what I got to Egyptair side and met just 5 people waiting for Egyptair to check our bags. I started taking pictures . finally they started weighing luggages it reached my turn , one was 22kg the other was 26kg , the guy was just looking at me and said "take your time and balance your luggage" he then gave me space to sort my luggage, I balance till it was 24k each, I was fainting in my mind, the guy weighing it said "let me just leave it", afterwards I went to wrap my luggage. I moved to show my documents, this was were I started shouting , I was asked for my Arrive can, covid vaccination card the stupid girl was saying "there is no sign down here" I told her to scan it which she did and it showed completed ,she was still saying something is missing I got angry and told her "if it's money she wants she won't get it from me" she got shocked and gave me my vaccination card and cleared me . Next was one guy asking for enrollment letter and admission letter, that guy made my anger increase ,he started saying he is not seeing where my program begins and ends, I told him to wear my glasses maybe he will see better, he started snapping my documents and said he will report it, I told him to go ahead, he started asking colleague what should he do, his collegue asked him is there a reason to report, he then cleared me, I just took my papers and sighed, people on Egyptair queue were just laughing and said I have scattered table and chairs . Next was to get my flight ticket they scanned my hand luggages and they made up 14kg, I knew that if I said a word now this people will just vex for me, I just gave the girl 1k before she says anything and told her to give me better seat, she gave me window seat for both flight. Immigration was smooth no crowd at all, I remove shoe and scanned my body next thing they seized my perfume, thank God the woman left me with one perfume and said I should do what others are doing , I gladly gave her the sweet money. Then we went to board.
On the flight ,there was leg room, the flight was smooth,I watch film, them the food was delicious, some people were even going to take extra grin.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Scott99tish(m): 4:05am On Apr 16, 2022
They are still asking for Covid test ?
Omo…

Why ?
Jessica50:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Scott99tish(m): 4:10am On Apr 16, 2022
I wish you the very best in Canada.
Congrats once again.

May the land Favor you.
I’m traveling with Egyptair in 2 weeks time.
Jessica50:

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by KellyKk: 4:53am On Apr 16, 2022
Jessica50:

Congrats
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lianna2020: 5:01am On Apr 16, 2022
Three weeks or so.
Lagos is always slow to stamp.
WESTERNCR:
Good day house. Pls how long does it take Lagos to stamp visa? It's been 7days now counterfoil hasn't dropped yet
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by KellyKk: 5:06am On Apr 16, 2022
Lianna2020:
Three weeks or so.
Lagos is always slow to stamp.

Madam itz been a while, how study and life in Canada?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chyigb: 5:21am On Apr 16, 2022
Good morning
I'm new to nairaland & just joined the forum.

Please I'd appreciate response from people with similar experience, I got refused on my 1st application(Study permit) with my kids in Sept 2021(insufficient funds). I reapplied alone 31st Jan 2022 & got Medical request from IRCC on the 16th of March and it was updated to passed on the 29th of March and no word from them since then. It's making me anxious & wondering what could be responsible for the delay as I noticed that most people get response a week or 2 after medical is sorted.

Thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lekiboboe: 5:29am On Apr 16, 2022
Jessica50:
Legendary YYZ Airport cheesy. God bless your stay in Maple Land

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Toceen2022: 5:43am On Apr 16, 2022
Lianna2020:
Does the cold ever end? Maybe I’d say snow don end for bc. Even with the sun shining bright, it’s still cold.
We just Dey rough am.
Hello Mama, are you in BC? If yes, where please?
I've been looking for someone in Victoria all these times, I never see!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by EdoBoy90(m): 5:54am On Apr 16, 2022
Nice
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Faith550: 6:23am On Apr 16, 2022
[quote author=VIKKYIFE post=110625977]
For sop send email to vikkyt0ria12@gmail.com
[/quote
As much I know school angets don't collect money to find admission. I am September intake too.i am doing my visa myself but help of those that have gotten. Through new portal
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Omiinii: 7:02am On Apr 16, 2022
Please declare because if you don't. It goes down hill from there. Then it'll seem like you truly want to Japa and you are frightened if they know your spouse status you'll be rejected.
Your LOE will Demonstrate your intentions. An Officer has no obligations to deny you solely because your wife is PR. Package your application well and apply.
Chechem:
Good day everyone,
Please the gurus should advice me. I am about applying and I am married. My wife reside in canada and she is a PR but she can't sponsor me at the time because of some reasons, hence I want to try the study route.

While filling the application, if I indicate that my spouse reside in Canada and a PR, will it affect my application? I am scared that they may interpret it to mean that I may have no intention of coming back after graduation. Or will it add to my chances?

Please I need urgent response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Omiinii: 7:04am On Apr 16, 2022
Did you tell them you have a bachelors in your first application? If you didn't you have misrepresented and you need a detailed LOE to vindicate yourself to cover all loopeholes.

However, If you declared as expected then it's no problem going for PGD. as it's a more logical step in progression.
Goodluck
Faith550:
Good all.please I am new here.i need help.i applied for Canada study permit with only my waec but was denied. Now I want to apply with my bsc for pgd.Is it going to affect my application. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by CentennialGuy: 7:06am On Apr 16, 2022
Jessica50:

Congrats Jessica. The Land will favour you in Jesus name.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by CentennialGuy: 7:11am On Apr 16, 2022
WESTERNCR:

Just put your mind for at least 2 weeks and remove weekends and public holidays from that your 7 days you have counted if they are included.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by DestinationCann: 7:21am On Apr 16, 2022
Congratulations again Jessica. May Canada favour you.

The landing gist sweet.

Jessica50:

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) ... (920)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.